PDA

View Full Version : Marvelous Fucking Wynne

Ossington Mental Youth
10-11-2008, 11:54 PM
What a guy.
Our most consistent player (ie hes been amazing) in the last 3 matches.
Please let this continue next season, the season after, etc etc.

Dudes been tearing it up and honestly, if he continues at this pace, he will be highly coveted. Not sure whats gotten into him but by god, its a great thing.

Now if he could only get that whole defending thing down (hes actually done pretty well at that too in the last few games, but that doesnt mean he couldnt be a bit more refined). Im sure NJRB is crying having traded him off now.

Cashcleaner
10-11-2008, 11:58 PM
You gonna vote for him in the Supporters Choice Award? He's definitely up in the top 3 for me.

Ossington Mental Youth
10-12-2008, 12:03 AM
If he continues the next two games like that (even if its pure amazing defending), then yes. its kinda tough cuz hes had some games previously where he hasnt been the best. I can remember games where he cant out run a dude so he gives em a push from behind and we get a penalty etc etc. He started out the same he did last season, but has seriously blossomed. Its a tough call. I want to say 'most improved' but ive got to see this continue. I guess im just really really impressed with him in the last 3 games and obviously i want to see this continue cuz hes playing some fucking amazing football.

Ossington Mental Youth
10-12-2008, 12:06 AM
in fairness dude always gives his all too which is great and something that is and should be highly valued.

I really really really hope he continues (obviously i cant stress this enough) as he would be arguably a world class player (k maybe im exaggerating a bit there but...) with that speed, those offensive skills and fingers crossed an increase in defensive skills (i do feel hes slightly lacking there but definitely improving and can continue to do so).

Please note i felt neither here nor there about him previously, he was good but nothing to write home about, felt he was fast but so so defensively and crap on offense.

jloome
10-12-2008, 12:18 AM
I thought he had positional issues in the first half of the season but has probably been the best fullback in the league since then. If he keeps playing at his current level there'll be floods of European teams after him.

James17930
10-12-2008, 12:55 AM
PAY HIM WHAT IT TAKES TO KEEP HIM HERE.

Let's lock this guy up long-term. Seriously. Fucking love him right now.

twistedchinaman
10-12-2008, 01:26 AM
PAY HIM WHAT IT TAKES TO KEEP HIM HERE.

Let's lock this guy up long-term. Seriously. Fucking love him right now.

+1'd!

Yohan
10-12-2008, 03:43 AM
I smell a 4-5 million pound offer coming soon.

And MLS will say, cha ching! (TFC won't have a say at all)

Keystone FC
10-12-2008, 05:23 AM
I thought he had positional issues in the first half of the season but has probably been the best fullback in the league since then. If he keeps playing at his current level there'll be floods of European teams after him.

I've always had issues with him being a fullback. Yeah I know we need someone in the back who can keep up with the flyboy forwards of the league but I think he's more suited as midfirlder or even a forward. His speed has him at a huge advantage over the other teams fullbacks and as seen tonight (and a few other games) he can be a huge offensive weapon. I just think with some more skill development on the ball he could be dangerous up front.

Batman
10-12-2008, 07:32 AM
You gonna vote for him in the Supporters Choice Award? He's definitely up in the top 3 for me.

Absolutely Cash. He's player of the year!

mikenfer
10-12-2008, 08:43 AM
You could see these bursts of speed last year. But the beauty is—this season—he's capitalizing with goals! You go Marvell!

Super
10-12-2008, 08:59 AM
Definitely Wynne as player of the year.

Canadian Blue
10-12-2008, 09:12 AM

Your joking right? Yes Marvell is fast and yes he has scored a few goals lately. But in reality his defending is poor, if he wasn't quick he probably wouldn't even be in the league. With the ball at his foot he seems a little lost often trippimg himself.

Now with the proper coaching and development plan Wynne may turn into a solid player but I highly doubt multiple European teams will come in for him.......unless of course Mo pimps him out as he did Edu.

CoachGT
10-12-2008, 09:37 AM
I think player of the year votes are a little premature. He's had a good run in a couple of games. On that basis, maybe we should have made Robert player of the year after his first three games. The rest of the year he's been focused on the Olymipcs and has struggled at best, and looked downright out of place at worst. If it wasn't for bodychecking, I'm not sure he'd be defending at all.

He has a ton of upside, especially with his pace. He's admitted that he isn't comfortable on the wing but it seems like a natural position for him. I'd like to see this sort of play for a stretch longer than he has before he gets my player of the year vote.

Roogsy
10-12-2008, 09:45 AM
I love Marvel...and had he been here all year, I would probably really consider voting for him.

But he missed so much of the season with national duty, I don't know how in good conscience we can vote for him as player of the year when one of the reasons we struggled in the standings is the fact that he was gone so much.

Ossington Mental Youth
10-12-2008, 11:03 AM
my prob with Wynne on the wing is that he cant cross, an important element in playing on the wing, he can defend, just not well, but he has been defending alot better (i see significant improvement from last year) so why change up all of a sudden.

Shakes McQueen
10-12-2008, 11:20 AM
I wouldn't want Marvell in a striker role. He has speed, which suits him along the touch line, but I haven't seen him exhibit a lot of skill moves in getting past multiple defenders - something he would have to do as a striker.

Perhaps he could learn it - but I'd prefer him as a defender. He has gotten better at it in recent weeks. And if he develops as a defender, coupled with his speed, we could develop a mean counter-attack.

- Scott

zeelaw
10-12-2008, 11:50 AM
Im still voting for Robbo, but my god had Marvell turned it up the last month.

TFC Cityboy
10-12-2008, 12:07 PM
Robbo or Sutts for me

Pronto
10-12-2008, 12:09 PM
having seen Wynne play last night and for the passed weeks i'm thinking why not make him a striker seems like he has some what of an eye for the net. after all he does have the speed to make any team nervous. when it comes down to it, if Cunningham can score 104 goals i think Wynne can get 50. No questions asked...

Red Rat
10-12-2008, 12:10 PM
Turkey Sucks!!!

Juanito
10-12-2008, 11:05 PM
I like him in midfield. God knows we need some help controlling the pitch. I'm not sure he is striker material, and we do have some promise there.

Let's not get crazy ... two goals does not make a striker .... cough, cough, Cunningham, cough, cough!!

J .
10-12-2008, 11:12 PM
Wynne has been strong for us this season and seems to be getting better.

Shakes McQueen
10-12-2008, 11:23 PM
having seen Wynne play last night and for the passed weeks i'm thinking why not make him a striker seems like he has some what of an eye for the net. after all he does have the speed to make any team nervous. when it comes down to it, if Cunningham can score 104 goals i think Wynne can get 50. No questions asked...

Cunningham was not always as useless as he is now - or at least, as he was for us.

I say continue developing Wynne in his current role. Two goals in two weeks does not a striker make, as nice as the goals were.

- Scott