PDA

View Full Version : Marcel DeJong for DP

sampace
10-11-2008, 09:37 PM
I think that Toronto should approach the 22 year old Marcel DeJong. He seems quite talented and is playing quite well today. We do not need Dwayne DeRosario who is getting past his prime. Marcel fits the DP Canadian Player just right. Young, full of potential, a more realistic target, and has the future in front of him to become better. I believe he is also from the Toronto area as well which is a booster for the club.:canada:

redcard
10-11-2008, 09:49 PM
i dont see a 22 player as a dp...this guy is still too young

StandUpIfYouHateChelsea
10-11-2008, 10:44 PM
i dont mind this , he looks promising but fuck ROB FRIEND FOR DP !!!!

Ossington Mental Youth
10-11-2008, 11:57 PM
DeJong lived out west briefly then his fam moved back to Holland but he still retained his canadian citizenship

nascarguy
10-12-2008, 12:10 AM
I think that Toronto should approach the 22 year old Marcel DeJong. He seems quite talented and is playing quite well today. We do not need Dwayne DeRosario who is getting past his prime. Marcel fits the DP Canadian Player just right. Young, full of potential, a more realistic target, and has the future in front of him to become better. I believe he is also from the Toronto area as well which is a booster for the club.:canada:

who? dp sould be a big name soccer star but have the skill to back it up

nascarguy
10-12-2008, 12:20 AM
http://www.canadian-soccer.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13745

He was born in New Market , Canada. I dont know how long he really lived in Canada but I'm trying to find out. Here are some stats of him
2004/05 Helmond Sport 14 1 Eerste divisie
2005/06 Helmond Sport 36 5 Eerste divisie
2006/07 Roda JC 27 0 Eredivisie
2007/08 Roda JC 5 0 Eredivisie

Keyman
10-12-2008, 12:22 AM
If anyone can tell me why a player as young and promising as De Jong, would waste his career coming to Toronto, then I will buy you lunch.

nascarguy
10-12-2008, 12:27 AM
I do not even know who this player is and if he is so good why has he out been called up to mnt

UltraSuperMegaMo
10-12-2008, 01:22 AM
I think de Jong would a strange fit as a DP. Would he come to Toronto? Is too young and promising for the MLS? Why is this thread in the news section?

He’s a solid player, on a smaller team in a "best of the rest" European league. I suspect if he was offered stupid money he’d come to the MLS, but I think stupid money could be put to better uses.

denime
10-12-2008, 07:55 AM
At the age of 4 his parents moved back to Holland.

nascarguy
10-12-2008, 08:01 AM
I think de Jong would a strange fit as a DP. Would he come to Toronto? Is too young and promising for the MLS? Why is this thread in the news section?

He’s a solid player, on a smaller team in a "best of the rest" European league. I suspect if he was offered stupid money he’d come to the MLS, but I think stupid money could be put to better uses.
yeah like better refs and grass

nascarguy
10-12-2008, 08:08 AM
At the age of 4 his parents moved back to Holland. to that I say good for him. his parents did him a good thing with moving to holland he got better soccer training there then he would in canada.

SilverSamurai
10-12-2008, 09:55 AM
i dont mind this , he looks promising but fuck ROB FRIEND FOR DP !!!!
He wouldn't come. He just helped his team get promoted into Bundesliga 1. And can you believe, he's actually scoring.
What makes it worst and even more painful and obvious is that he's fairly consistent since he has support! 4-5-1=FAILZ!!!!

deschamp86
10-12-2008, 10:08 AM
He's already in a league that has been compared to the MLS as being similar in talent. In that league he does not always get playing time for a mid table club. DP would be wasted on him. And like everyone else says, he's actually Dutch rather than Canadian (despite being born here). I think he would have little incentive to actually come play here, though Marc Bircham came for a trial and was in a similar situation, so who knows. Not worth DP though.

NateDoGG
10-12-2008, 10:38 AM
too young
we need DeRo

denime
10-12-2008, 10:48 AM
He's already in a league that has been compared to the MLS as being similar in talent. In that league he does not always get playing time for a mid table club. DP would be wasted on him. And like everyone else says, he's actually Dutch rather than Canadian (despite being born here). I think he would have little incentive to actually come play here, though Marc Bircham came for a trial and was in a similar situation, so who knows. Not worth DP though.

WOW
Dutch Eredivisie and MLS similar in talent. :lol::smilielol5:
I wish this was true,and Dutch Eredivisie has been compared to the MLS,not MLS compared to Dutch Eredivisie,funny eh.:rolleyes:

You just made my day with this joke.

rocker
10-12-2008, 12:41 PM
to add to this thread, just because a guy is in a better league doesn't make him better than MLS quality.
Braz and Reda were in MLS but they weren't good enough for MLS ;)

I'm sure there's overlap in talent between MLS and the Dutch league, just as there's overlap between USL and MLS.

But for a DP I want a guy who has proven himself to be a star in a good league. Not just a guy who plays in a league in Europe. I want a guy who's gonna walk into MLS and kick some ass. I doubt DeJong would do that. too risky.

UltraSuperMegaMo
10-12-2008, 12:57 PM
WOW
I wish this was true,and Dutch Eredivisie has been compared to the MLS,not MLS compared to Dutch Eredivisie,funny eh.:rolleyes:

Rudd Gullit recently made the comparison. He didn’t have too many positive things to say about the MLS, so I don’t think he was saying it just to be nice.

The Dutch league isn’t as strong as it used to be. Maybe the top 3 or 4 teams in the MLS are of comparable quality.

deschamp86
10-12-2008, 12:59 PM
WOW

I had just read the title of some thing that Gullit had said. Didn't delve too much deeper than that really.

David_Oliveira
10-12-2008, 05:17 PM
too young
we need DeRo

Fuck Dero for DP!! He is not worth the DP money. If he was, to you honestly think he would still be in the MLS?

Everyone who thinks he should be the DP....GET A CLUE!! As god as he is, he is not worth the DP money. League max? Sure DP money? NO CHANCE IN HELL

redcard
10-12-2008, 07:04 PM
De ro has value beyond his playing ability...he plays with heart, and you could imagine how much higher his play will be when he is in front of his home town...definitly worth dp money but it has to be now not when hes 35.

Axeman
10-13-2008, 11:56 PM
who? dp sould be a big name soccer star but have the skill to back it up
Yeah like Robert?
Getting a big name with no heart and no desire with a good resume' scares me. Maybe getting a young Canadian that's extremely talented would be alot better and might develop with us. That being said I doubt he would come back and play with us now but I'd rather see MO go after him then a 38 yr old Serie A player or something like that.

Axeman
10-13-2008, 11:59 PM
too young
we need DeRo
I really hope we don't pay DeRo DP money. DeRo is a very good player but past his best. He would be a good signing but DP money, not worth it.