PDA

View Full Version : Carver and Conrad on the same page?

James Oliphant
05-20-2008, 06:49 PM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=537110&root=mls&campaign=rss&source=soccernet&cc=5901

KC Wiz captain Jimmy Conrad is venting on ESPN about Kevin Stott specifically and MLS officiating in general. A good read, actually.

Broadview
05-20-2008, 07:01 PM
Loved this part:
I'll even forgive you for issuing me the first body language yellow card in Major League Soccer history if you give Houston Dynamo midfielder Dwayne DeRosario one for his terrifying funky chicken dance after he scores. Based on your strict church-like views of bodily function, it only seems fair. Think about it.

I think I like Jimmy Conrad, seems like he has a great sense of humor.

bee dubya
05-20-2008, 07:16 PM
Great article and he's bang on about the refs. Unless these guys are paid well and are full-time referees, it's always going to be hit or miss when they call a game. The MLS needs to step up and hire some guys on salary for the season, send them to Europe during the off-season so they can watch or be coached by refs over there, share them with the USL so they can ref more games and become more consistent....

Nerepis
05-20-2008, 07:29 PM
Great article and he's bang on about the refs. Unless these guys are paid well and are full-time referees, it's always going to be hit or miss when they call a game. The MLS needs to step up and hire some guys on salary for the season, send them to Europe during the off-season so they can watch or be coached by refs over there, share them with the USL so they can ref more games and become more consistent....

amen!

Keyman
05-20-2008, 07:38 PM
Now that, was a good read.

He is absolutely bang on. Thanks for posting it!

weeskunner57
05-20-2008, 10:27 PM

are we sure he isn't referring to the SPL..????:hump:

noochie
05-20-2008, 11:09 PM
The fact that he rants on for so long about it tells me that Stott was absolutely correct in his decision and is still far and away one of the best officials in MLS. Get over it Conrad...

Red CB Toronto
05-20-2008, 11:22 PM
Carver says what is on his mind and I love it, this league needs people like him, it keeps it interesting. He has brought so much to this team so far this year.

djking2
05-21-2008, 06:26 AM
Conrad's a fuckin' wanker. Funny maybe, but he should get fined for that and he knows it so he sucked up to the refs in the end.

GrimsbyTown
05-21-2008, 06:40 AM
While well written, and even entertaining at times, all that article is, is a big long drawn out whine.

Buddy get over it, and get over yourself. If you truly believe what you said about the refs at the end, just cut the guy some slack and get on with it.

You got a card you felt you shouldn't have. Big fucking deal. Join the club.

Crybaby.