PDA

View Full Version : When will 5 referee's trial in MLS???

TFCREDNWHITE
10-10-2008, 03:53 PM
Thank god!

UEFA is going to start trialing 5 referee's shortly. The 2 additional referee's will be placed behind each goal line with the mission of focusing on incidents which happen in the penalty area, such as fouls or misconduct.

Thank the lord! Also if you read further on, the video/electronic assistance will be up for review seperate of these trials.

What are your thoughts, I say this has been needed for a long time coming!!

Here's the UEFA Link:

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/keytopics/kind=524288/newsid=760092.html

When is this going to come to the MLS????

Ossington Mental Youth
10-10-2008, 03:56 PM
ech, ridiculous, terrible terrible move

TFCREDNWHITE
10-10-2008, 03:58 PM
ech, ridiculous, terrible terrible move

Come on OSS, you of all people should love the fact that the governing body wants to get the calls right! yes/no??

Ossington Mental Youth
10-10-2008, 03:59 PM
HAHAHA i want the right calls but too many refs leads to some ridiculous ish.
christ, we watch games here where 3 refs cant get it right.
suspect itll be acluster fuck.
who knows, maybe im wrong.

Laurignano
10-10-2008, 04:25 PM
When they ref gets the call wrong or right, I think its actually better for the game. It gives people things to talk about, and news talks about it. Thats why im agianst video replay in football... I think it takes away from the Was it a penetly?! Should it have counted? was he offside?! Was he not offside?! etc.

Ossington Mental Youth
10-10-2008, 04:35 PM
yep, its part of the game. there are times when it works for you, and times when it works against you. I still dont trust the 3 refs in our reg games (granted they are MLS refs), god forbid we get another 2 of those morons

Ossington Mental Youth
10-10-2008, 04:37 PM
I guess im just suspect of changing a system thats lasted for so long

Oldtimer
10-10-2008, 05:48 PM
Will the main ref listen to the two new refs, that is the question.

TFC OZZ
10-10-2008, 05:52 PM
no, it's not part of the game; at least not part of the game that I play. If you score a goal, it's a goal. it's that simple.

sidvan
10-10-2008, 09:17 PM
It'll never happen in MLS. They always ignore FIFA

james
10-10-2008, 10:06 PM
they just need one of those goal judges NHL had way back in the early 1900's to tell you if the ball crossed the line. Now they just sit there for traditional purposes but dont actually do anythin. But serious i think they should have them in Soccer. ( not the VIDEO goal judge tho)

james
10-10-2008, 10:08 PM
As far as penalties in the box, i dont have a problem having an extra ref whos job is to just watch the box and decide if a penalty or not should be called. It still prevents the game from going to video replays and shit and stopping the game!

james
10-10-2008, 10:10 PM
It'll never happen in MLS. They always ignore FIFA

id disagree because in North America they are use to changes in sports!

nascarguy
10-10-2008, 11:17 PM
I'm agianst video replay it will slow down the game

nascarguy
10-10-2008, 11:20 PM
As far as penalties in the box, i dont have a problem having an extra ref whos job is to just watch the box and decide if a penalty or not should be called. It still prevents the game from going to video replays and shit and stopping the game!
yeah a extra ref to thow streamers at would be great