PDA

View Full Version : Rumour - Bmo Field Has Had Its Booze License Suspended For Oct 18 Game (Rumour)

McBrace
10-10-2008, 03:08 PM
Saw this on the MLS Rumprs site...

Is it true?

AL-MO
10-10-2008, 03:09 PM
I have heard this as well. But not the MLSrumours...

MrHawk
10-10-2008, 03:10 PM
Uh oh...........you are kidding?

Why did this happen

canadian_bhoy
10-10-2008, 03:10 PM
It is a rumour that originated on the ultras board and was posted on Usector as well.

So far, no one has been able to show proof that this is actually taking place.

flatpicker
10-10-2008, 03:11 PM
wow!

well, this will be an interesting test to see if a boozeless BMO changes atmosphere...

btw... any reason given for the suspension?

- oh, it's just rumour? hmmm... people must be really bored if this is the kind of rumours that are getting started!
- nothing more on Henry coming to Toronto??????

Ossington Mental Youth
wouldnt be surprised but ill wait until i read it in the papers.

McBrace
Not sure just saw it a few minutes ago... Al-Mo where did you hear it?

McBrace
10-10-2008, 03:12 PM
wow!

well, this will be an interesting test to see if a boozeless BMO changes atmosphere...

btw... any reason given for the suspension?

Over serving i think?

Roogsy
People will find something else to throw...because people are idiots...

werewolf
:rofl:

that and we may be out of the playoffs (officially)...

Rudi

Is it true?
LMAO.

MLSRumors has been known to take posts from the U-Sector site (as well as from here) and re-post them.

AL-MO
Not sure just saw it a few minutes ago... Al-Mo where did you hear it?

See Canadian_Bhoys post.

McBrace
10-10-2008, 03:13 PM
I hope he's right!

werewolf
10-10-2008, 03:15 PM
That would be funny that its after Season ticket renewals. Thousands of sober people will finally get a clear look at the product that has gone up in price :lol:

giambac
10-10-2008, 03:16 PM

Is it true?

I heard the same rumour from one of my buddies.

I find it hard to beleive. alot of $$$ is made on booze.

Carts
10-10-2008, 03:20 PM
If the police catch one person being served under-age, a suspension can happen...

It happened to the Air Canada Centre - but the goverment gave them a break, having the suspension when no Maple Leafs games were happening... Now, they are very strict on the ID's...

Carts...

Parkdale
10-10-2008, 03:22 PM
it wouldn't surprise me.

I went to a DRY motley crue show at the Molson Amphitheater

stranger things have happened.

Raging Reggie
10-10-2008, 03:26 PM
time to dust off the flask.........

flatpicker
10-10-2008, 03:27 PM
it wouldn't surprise me.

I went to a DRY motley crue show at the Molson Amphitheater

stranger things have happened.

Dry Crue concert???

Pics or it didn't happen!

AL-MO
10-10-2008, 03:27 PM
If I was attending the game, it would bother me. I drink before the game and after, but very little during.

BuSaPuNk
10-10-2008, 03:29 PM
It would bother the hell out of me. Dam it's my b-day game!!

Chevy
10-10-2008, 03:45 PM
^^ There's always cocaine.

Sonny Cheeba
10-10-2008, 04:13 PM
or heroin suppositories

adamdz
10-10-2008, 04:17 PM
Boo hoo less shitfaced people. Watch someone toss a midget on the field.

Laurignano
10-10-2008, 04:22 PM
To be honest with you, I think you will see an improvement at the atmopshere at BMO. Main reason is people can now jump, clap, and chant all at once now without having to worry about holding onto their beer! If people want to drink they can predrink at shoeless joes b4 the match.

Don Julio
10-10-2008, 04:23 PM
If the police catch one person being served under-age, a suspension can happen...

It happened to the Air Canada Centre - but the goverment gave them a break, having the suspension when no Maple Leafs games were happening... Now, they are very strict on the ID's...

Carts...

That's not correct. I believe it was a two week suspension that MLSE could schedule whenever but a condition was that it had to include at least one Leaf game. That game was against the Florida Panthers just before Christmas and the rest of the two weeks was Ice Capades or some family shit.

Nuvinho
10-10-2008, 04:30 PM
It would bother the hell out of me. Dam it's my b-day game!!

Its my bday game as well.....hoping to have a few brews with buddies at the game!!!

Laurignano
10-10-2008, 04:32 PM
If worst comes to worst guys just predrink before the game!

BuSaPuNk
10-10-2008, 04:42 PM
Is there anyway of confirming this with a rep at BMO?

Nuvinho
10-10-2008, 04:43 PM
We can ask during the relocation seat times next week.

H Bomb
10-10-2008, 04:44 PM
Is there anyway of confirming this with a rep at BMO?

I can think of a way....call a rep... :canada:

BuSaPuNk
10-10-2008, 04:46 PM
Excellent let us know!!

H Bomb
10-10-2008, 04:52 PM
Hey man I´m outta the country...roaming charges would be rediculous.

here´s the phone number though 416-360-GOAL (4625)

Richard D
10-10-2008, 04:55 PM
If the Liberals come in to power, you can just smoke a joint, cause the no smking legislation doesnt address marijuana...

lol

Parkdale
10-10-2008, 05:08 PM
Dry Crue concert???

actually.... it was pretty wet that night, even for a dry concert.

FluSH
10-10-2008, 05:21 PM

Is it true?

This basically means hey took it from one of the supporters sites...

Cashcleaner
10-10-2008, 05:23 PM
Just might be the swift kick in the pants that people need. Who knows, maybe people might start singing and cheering now that they aren't filling their faces with expensive piss.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
10-10-2008, 05:57 PM
wouldnt surprise me...!! Things could get ugly...last game of the season...out of the playoffs...Sector 8 on tour!:)..... Supporters pissed off...ect..ect..

It could get messy...

or this could mark the biggest game ever in tfc history...could be the clincher for the play-offs..:)

either way......wouldnt surprise me if beer is out for this game! :)

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
10-10-2008, 05:59 PM
Just might be the swift kick in the pants that people need. Who knows, maybe people might start singing and cheering now that they aren't filling their faces with expensive piss.

i still think..its the cunsumption of beer..before the game thats gets people pissed out of there minds...Power Slammin 6-8 beers in 1.5 hours before the game

Hooligan69
10-10-2008, 06:02 PM
Just do what I do on game days...

- Rarely drink before a game.
- Almost never drink at a game.
- Get my drink on after the game.

I couldn't care less if BMO went as dry as the Sahara desert.

nascarguy
10-10-2008, 06:51 PM
I always drink before a game and never drink the shity bmo beer

rocker
10-10-2008, 07:21 PM
what, no beer vendors walking up and down the aisle blocking my view?!?!?!
no more people coming and going from my row 3 times a game to get beers and take a piss???!?!?

Roogsy
10-10-2008, 07:23 PM
^ So true...

Blazer
10-10-2008, 08:10 PM
This would be a dumb move for all of the following reasons and others not mentioned:

1 - Wrong time to send a message to the fans about hooliganism going into the offseason – do it early to set the tone for the rest of the season.

2 – Fans are only further incited to cause shit merely to show that they haven’t been defeated. They’ll likely drink heavier before and after the game when they have to drive home.

3 – Revenue losses would be too substantial for both MLS and MLSE to suffer and the last thing they want to do is upset the fans of the only positive sport in this city.

Sonny Cheeba
10-10-2008, 08:32 PM
This would be a dumb move for all of the following reasons and others not mentioned:

1 - Wrong time to send a message to the fans about hooliganism going into the offseason – do it early to set the tone for the rest of the season.

2 – Fans are only further incited to cause shit merely to show that they haven’t been defeated. They’ll likely drink heavier before and after the game when they have to drive home.

3 – Revenue losses would be too substantial for both MLS and MLSE to suffer and the last thing they want to do is upset the fans of the only positive sport in this city.

if it's a suspension by the Liquor Board then it is out of the hands of MLSE (for the most part, maybe they can pick and choose dry dates next season). they're not trying to send a message to us, rather MLSE. your points are directed at teaching us the fans a lesson, but an infraction on their liquor license could have nothing to do with the actions of the fans but those actions or lack of action by beer vendors.

if a press release isn't made saying "BMO will be dry on October the 18th, only a fraction of us supporters will actually know prior to the game, who may or may not drink before the game.

if it does become known to the casual tourist, there may be a bunch of binge drinking before hand.

Roogsy
10-10-2008, 08:36 PM
if it's a suspension by the Liquor Board then it is out of the hands of MLSE (for the most part, maybe they can pick and choose dry dates next season). they're not trying to send a message to us, rather MLSE. your points are directed at teaching us the fans a lesson, but an infraction on their liquor license could have nothing to do with the actions of the fans but those actions or lack of action by beer vendors.

if a press release isn't made saying "BMO will be dry on October the 18th, only a fraction of us supporters will actually know prior to the game, who may or may not drink before the game.

if it does become known to the casual tourist, there may be a bunch of binge drinking before hand.

^ True...this is not a MLSE decision, this would be the authorities coming down for whatever reason.

RPB_Brantford_08
10-10-2008, 08:58 PM
it will be nice to have a dry BMO field for once, not matter what the reason, serving underage drinkers, too many beers being thrown( more likely the reason) a crackdown had to happen. expect a alcohol free supporters end next season!!!

RPB_Brantford_08
10-10-2008, 09:03 PM

1. a message had to be sent, it will wake people up for the 09 season
2. even if theydrink havier at home or at a bar before game does not mean they will be allowed through BMO gates, they will be watching.
3. 20,000 drinking the $5 cokes would be a good income..

nascarguy
10-10-2008, 09:17 PM
I hope they lose it for good it sure would keep poeple in the seats and not at the bg and maybe we could give carlsberg a kick in the nuts and kick them out the door

RedRum
10-10-2008, 09:26 PM
You guys are out to lunch if you think people aren't going to be pissed drunk at "dry" games. People are going to get extra loaded before (most on beer), then smuggle a mickey into the game.

Beer then liquor, never been sicker - remember the saying? Even if you get a bunch of guys who are usually beer drinkers sticking only to the hard stuff they are going to be fucked out of their mind.

I predict BMO will be awash in a sea of vomit.

nascarguy
10-10-2008, 10:11 PM
i think the lcbo will tell mlse no beer in the stands & the only place that they will sell beer in the stand will be in club seat & red seats

Red Rat
10-10-2008, 10:14 PM
You guys are out to lunch if you think people aren't going to be pissed drunk at "dry" games. People are going to get extra loaded before (most on beer), then smuggle a mickey into the game.

Beer then liquor, never been sicker - remember the saying? Even if you get a bunch of guys who are usually beer drinkers sticking only to the hard stuff they are going to be fucked out of their mind.

I predict BMO will be awash in a sea of vomit.
They usually have a problem with one or drunk stupid people, but take the buzz away and they will find 100 stupid drunk idiots.
This is because they found Flats dead drunk at a game last time sleeping on the urinal with a cigar on his mouth.....
:p

Brooker
10-10-2008, 11:25 PM
it will be nice to have a dry BMO field for once... too many beers being thrown( more likely the reason)

tell me how not selling beer will cut down on the beverages being thrown at players. i can only assume pop flies just aswell.

people will still drink whether it's a big pre-drink or sneaking in alcohol like many people already do.

the only way u will have no drunk fans in the stands is if you play in an empty stadium. people will always find ways around it.

J .
10-10-2008, 11:34 PM
lame ass thread....

curbing hooliganism?

thinking people will get more involved?

most times it gets better the drunker the passengers get...

Drink up everyone, I say more booze for all.

stretchthetruth
10-10-2008, 11:35 PM
tell me how not selling beer will cut down on the beverages being thrown at players. i can only assume pop flies just aswell.

people will still drink whether it's a big pre-drink or sneaking in alcohol like many people already do.

the only way u will have no drunk fans in the stands is if you play in an empty stadium. people will always find ways around it.

so true... i was at that leaf game against florida when the licence was suspended... they were showing off in the paper the next day that they caught something like 30 bottles being smuggled in. my dad and i snuck in a few mickeys, and when we opened them up, suddenly almost everybody in the seats around us did the same - i've never seen so much booze at a game, seriously... a suspension wont stop anyone from drinking, in fact, its almost worse.

Brooker
10-10-2008, 11:37 PM
^^^ i totally agree. if i hear the game is dry, i'll definatly be bringing in a mickey and that might just hit me harder than 2 or 3 carlsburgs.

it's like trying to put out a fire with gasoline.

Dirk Diggler
10-11-2008, 01:22 AM
I hope this is true. If people need to get piss drunk in order to support the team, they might want to rethink the true meaning of the term.

Pachuco
10-11-2008, 03:40 AM
1. a message had to be sent, it will wake people up for the 09 season
2. even if theydrink havier at home or at a bar before game does not mean they will be allowed through BMO gates, they will be watching.
3. 20,000 drinking the $5 cokes would be a good income..

wow you seriously make me laugh. actually, anything you ever post makes me crack up. retarded!!!!

GBV
10-11-2008, 06:57 AM
Dry Crue concert???

yeah, it was their most recent amphitheatre gig.
it was due to a violation way before, and they had to go sauce-free for that show. can't imagine the 100s of thousands of dollars lost. i think tommy lee was offering some hard stuff to those down front.

Brooker
10-11-2008, 07:19 AM
I hope this is true. If people need to get piss drunk in order to support the team, they might want to rethink the true meaning of the term.

dude... come on.... just because people are drinking doesnt mean each one of them is getting piss drunk.

you're hoping for a dry game that will piss off thousands of people who drink responsibly at BMO. sure, that'll be good for attendance. we'll have 13,000 a game in no time if it becomes a regular occurance.

Blazer
10-11-2008, 07:41 AM
I never suggested that this was an MLSE decision. In fact, they would be the last people to even give a shit. We need more consciously aware vending operators who will say “Sorry, can’t serve you – you’re a mess”. How about one beer per instead of 4 for two guys, or eight for 4 guys?!

billygrieveuk
10-11-2008, 07:42 AM

Is it true?no its not true. I have heard BMO is serving FREE booze at the last game of the year, to show appriciation to toronto fans for a fun filled, well behaved year of football viewing by its fans.....

timmay
10-11-2008, 06:05 PM
lamo

flatpicker
10-11-2008, 07:09 PM
yeah, it was their most recent amphitheatre gig.
it was due to a violation way before, and they had to go sauce-free for that show. can't imagine the 100s of thousands of dollars lost. i think tommy lee was offering some hard stuff to those down front.

just to clarify... I was actually at that concert... it was a small attempt at humour... Parky got it...