PDA

View Full Version : Impact Need A Home Fast!!? Skydome??

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
10-10-2008, 11:36 AM
NOt sure ud this has been mentioned yet! But last night on GOLTV they mentioned Impact have a concern regarding the Quater-Finals of the CL stage...winter will be upon them come this round...and playing in OLYMPIC STADIUM is out according to GOLTV..!

For the last few years the BIG O closes in the winter due to safety issues of the Crumbling roof!! This meaning Saputo and the boys will have to look elsewhere to stage there home gameS!!!

any idea's??

VANCOUVER??? and of course...TORONTO??:eek:

Toronto makes better sence then vancouver.....as there supporters could make the trip alot easier..!!

anyways..if this has been posted....shut'R down!!

ACSertL
10-10-2008, 11:39 AM
The Score mentioned this scenario on their podcast. I don't remember who it was exactly, but they said that there was a possibility for the game to be moved to Miami.

Sonny Cheeba
10-10-2008, 11:41 AM
put a bubble over saputo, not like that many people show up to games anyways.

Redcoe15
10-10-2008, 11:47 AM
The Score mentioned this scenario on their podcast. I don't remember who it was exactly, but they said that there was a possibility for the game to be moved to Miami.
MIAMI?!! :puke:

SilverSamurai
10-10-2008, 11:48 AM
What's wrong w/ Saputo?
Bring out the orange ball!

kodiakTFC
10-10-2008, 11:49 AM
it looks like the impact are headed to miami; sucks for the fans!

ACSertL
10-10-2008, 11:50 AM
MIAMI?!! :puke:

That's just what I heard...obviously nothing is set in stone just yet.

Redcoe15
10-10-2008, 11:58 AM
What's wrong w/ Saputo?
I agree! It would be a huge home field advantage if one of the Mexican or Central American clubs had to play outdoors in the dead of winter in Montréal. They wouldn't know how to deal with the snow and cold. And just imagine if they got hit with a snowball (not that I'm condoning it or anything).

Just suck it up and play!

Lucky Strike
10-10-2008, 12:07 PM

I hear a lot of people saying this: It's easier said than done. With any wind whatsoever, match day in Montreal could easily be -30 degrees. Like TFC, Montreal might be a Canadian team, but not all Canadians play on it. And even if that were the case, yes Canadians would be better prepared because we're used to it, but it can't compensate that much for the cold weather.

TFCREDNWHITE
10-10-2008, 12:08 PM
Well i'll tell ya what...They are for sure going to the quarter-finals! that is 100% guaranteed!! I'm not sure if Miami is such a good idea...

I think Toronto would be a better choice...I know i hate dirty mexican diving scum more than i do montreal...

TFC07
10-10-2008, 12:09 PM
They can't play in cheese soccer stadium because they don't have soil heating for their grass. So in other words, their grass turns into ice during the winter. So that's why they'll play in america.

SilverSamurai
10-10-2008, 12:10 PM
Would anyone actually show up though?

And also keep in mind, it'll be colder at BMO since the lake is essentially on the back door.

NF-FC
10-10-2008, 12:31 PM
fuck Miami. Way too much latino love there. Charelston would serve them much better

Sonny Cheeba
10-10-2008, 12:32 PM
Would anyone actually show up though?

And also keep in mind, it'll be colder at BMO since the lake is essentially on the back door.

NOOOO. Montreal is way colder. and you get winds in the St Lawrence Valley Like a maf'k.

wind off the lake does feel cold, but in the winter, the lake is actually warmer than the land and we get somewhat warmer air. that does cause lake effect snow though.

flatpicker
10-10-2008, 12:43 PM
why on earth would they go to Miami???

if you're gonna move venues you should at least keep it in your own country!!!

crazy!

Roogsy
10-10-2008, 12:45 PM
Doesn't make sense. Why wouldn't they look at Toronto? I am sure the Skydome isn't THAT busy this time of year. Too expensive?

werewolf
10-10-2008, 12:47 PM
Why don't they move it to Tegucigalpa, it would be like playing at home.

Roogsy
10-10-2008, 12:48 PM
^LOL! Still bitter I see...

Oldtimer
10-10-2008, 01:14 PM
You guys need to understand that in February, 1/2 of Montreal is vacationing in Miami. It's the thing to do. Saputo's just going to where his fans are.

ACSertL
10-10-2008, 01:18 PM
You guys need to understand that in February, 1/2 of Montreal is vacationing in Miami. It's the thing to do. Saputo's just going to where his fans are.

I thought about this too...I know whenever the Canadiens are down playing the Lightning and the Panthers it is a decidedly Bleu, Blanc, et Rouge crowd. Perhaps it will also translate into a few thousand Impact fans as well.

redcard
10-10-2008, 01:22 PM
What's wrong w/ Saputo?

problem is not that the two fans wont show in saputo, problem is the grass is will be frozen, they got grass and now they need undersurface heating...

werewolf
10-10-2008, 01:24 PM
Wimps!!!

nzp3pWnH8rY

redcard
10-10-2008, 01:24 PM
i still dont understand why they cant play at the big O, arent the canadiens hosting a hockey game their during the winter...and as i recall the roof stays closed now, they no longer retract it.

ACSertL
10-10-2008, 01:27 PM
Wimps!!!

nzp3pWnH8rY

I love the UFO score in the upper left corner :lol:

I can't understand how that game didn't get called off!

i still dont understand why they cant play at the big O, arent the canadiens hosting a hockey game their during the winter...and as i recall the roof stays closed now, they no longer retract it.

I think the concern is over the roof caving in with the weight of snow on top.

Luanda
10-10-2008, 01:27 PM

crazy!

Well, half of Quebec's population seems to live in Florida during the winter months!

zeelaw
10-10-2008, 01:40 PM
What's wrong w/ Saputo?
Boo-ya... use the weather to there advantage!

Mikey
10-10-2008, 01:46 PM
In some ways it's less embarrasing for the Tic Tac if no one turns up to watch the game in Miami than it is if no one turns up in Toronto....

SilverSamurai
10-10-2008, 01:59 PM
NOOOO. Montreal is way colder. and you get winds in the St Lawrence Valley Like a maf'k.

wind off the lake does feel cold, but in the winter, the lake is actually warmer than the land and we get somewhat warmer air. that does cause lake effect snow though.
Not sayin' Montreal isn't cold, just that it'll be cold @ BMO as well. My 1st time to Montreal was just before that super cold snow storm last year where the entire eastern portion of the country was under like 4ft of snow. Man it was sooo cold in Montreal though!

crazy!
Sounds like we need a warm territory? Anyone up for a conquest? lol

Wimps!!!

nzp3pWnH8rY
Hey, this isn't the "Mitchell is obsessed w/ 4-5-1 thread. lol

Oldtimer
10-10-2008, 02:17 PM
Sounds like we need a warm territory? Anyone up for a conquest? lol

Actually, the Turks and Caicos islands had been interested in becoming part of Canada in the past. In 1987, the Mulroney government turned down a proposal to have them become a province of Canada. Later on, Nova Scotia proposed that they join Nova Scotia, as opposed to being their own province. This too, has gone nowhere.

Apart from needing to change our anthem from "True North" to "North and South Strong and Free" and the need to pay welfare to a few thousand unemployed people, I didn't think there were too many downsides. It would have been nice to own our own tropical island.

Pronto
10-10-2008, 02:30 PM
Wimps!!!

nzp3pWnH8rY

this is how canada will get into the wold cup im telling you... do you think mexico can beat us on snow Hell NO

ACSertL
10-10-2008, 02:31 PM
this is how canada will get into the wold cup im telling you... do you think mexico can beat us on snow Hell NO

Err...we lost that game 2-0

werewolf
10-10-2008, 02:34 PM
Actually, the Turks and Caicos islands had been interested in becoming part of Canada in the past. In 1987, the Mulroney government turned down a proposal to have them become a province of Canada. Later on, Nova Scotia proposed that they join Nova Scotia, as opposed to being their own province. This too, has gone nowhere.

Apart from needing to change our anthem from "True North" to "North and South Strong and Free" and the need to pay welfare to a few thousand unemployed people, I didn't think there were too many downsides. It would have been nice to own our own tropical island.

When I am a Member of Parliament after the next election (after this one), I will make this happen! :D

werewolf
10-10-2008, 02:35 PM
Err...we lost that game 2-0

Fact - Estonia > Mexico*

* in the snow

ACSertL
10-10-2008, 02:36 PM
Fact - Estonia > Mexico*

* in the snow

Those Estonians were definitely in their element that's for sure :lol:

Dirk Diggler
10-10-2008, 02:56 PM
They definitely need to fix up the roof for the Big O. Make is useful for a change.

Vindaloo
10-10-2008, 08:37 PM
Well if they want to play on plush green grass in the middle of winter, and in Canada, which is more logical than the USA, then Vancouver is obviously the best choice. There is also plenty of transplanted Quebecois there as well and the temps can be as high as 10c. While the rest of Canadians play their football season through the summer, southwestern BC plays through the winter like in Europe.

james
10-10-2008, 10:17 PM
bring on the snow!!!!!!!!!

james
10-10-2008, 10:27 PM
Play in the SNOW!!!

Detroit_TFC
10-10-2008, 10:30 PM

LOL Reminds me of that old Rick Mercer rant about Canada and Cuba merging to become the nation of Canuba and telling the US that they're surrounded.

SilverSamurai
10-10-2008, 11:02 PM
LOL Reminds me of that old Rick Mercer rant about Canada and Cuba merging to become the nation of Canuba and telling the US that they're surrounded.
Well it's a start!
We do need a warm territory though...
We'd make a killing as a nation on tourism though.:canada:

nascarguy
10-10-2008, 11:09 PM
if they were to play a game in the dome who here would go watch them or what if they put in a new field just for home game the supporter would stay warm if they jump around and sing and drink

rocker
10-11-2008, 09:07 AM
if they played at Skydome it would be funny to see the TFC supporters there chanting TFC songs.. hahah. but honestly I could never buy a ticket for that crap. I was so pissed off after the CC game (in which Montreal did not beat us but won the tourney) that I was heckling Matt jordon and Braz as they jumped up and down celebrating.

Blizzard
10-11-2008, 02:16 PM

I've always felt that this would be a great idea. Seriously! Cuba could be to Canada what P.R. is to the USA. Maintain a level of independence while benefiting themselves via the Canada association PLUS we have a domestic sun destination! :canada:

I'd do it just to have Jessie Helms roll over in his grave! :hump:

James17930
10-11-2008, 07:15 PM
I'm sure they'll simply fix up the Big O to make it usable for this game.

StandUpIfYouHateChelsea
10-11-2008, 10:46 PM
I agree! It would be a huge home field advantage if one of the Mexican or Central American clubs had to play outdoors in the dead of winter in Montréal. They wouldn't know how to deal with the snow and cold. And just imagine if they got hit with a snowball (not that I'm condoning it or anything).

i would so go just to see if the mexican would rool around on the ground thinking he's shot

StandUpIfYouHateChelsea
10-11-2008, 10:49 PM

DUDE IM GOING TO MAKE A FACEBOOK GROUP FOR THIS!!!! Turks & Caicos to JOIN CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:canada::canada::canada::cana da::canada:

James17930
10-12-2008, 10:04 AM
DUDE IM GOING TO MAKE A FACEBOOK GROUP FOR THIS!!!! Turks & Caicos to JOIN CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:canada::canada::canada::cana da::canada:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=5356342089

SilverSamurai
10-12-2008, 11:01 AM
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=5356342089
Joined. Would be be an excellent idea.
We could have a way to expand tourism, yet still maintain the nature reserves which would give us a chance to expand our reach as a nation.

But unlike Hawaii, we wouldn't show up as conquerers, nor would the islanders be or feel like us Canadians are superior. They would be equals.

And we could play footy and year round, enjoy the weather and party.
What a great way to welcome them to the Canadian family!:canada:

jloome
10-12-2008, 11:26 AM

A tory backbencher, Peter GOldring, tried to revive this a few years ago btu the Turks and Caicos don't need us any more. Doing quite nicely now due to direct Canadian investment and they're not even remotely interested.

SilverSamurai
10-12-2008, 11:50 AM
A tory backbencher, Peter GOldring, tried to revive this a few years ago btu the Turks and Caicos don't need us any more. Doing quite nicely now due to direct Canadian investment and they're not even remotely interested.
When was this?

All I could find was that they were interested in 2004...
I presume their still is some interest but we might've missed the boat on this one sadly...
Me hopes me wrong though...

AL-MO
10-12-2008, 10:10 PM
if they played at Skydome it would be funny to see the TFC supporters there chanting TFC songs.. hahah. but honestly I could never buy a ticket for that crap. I was so pissed off after the CC game (in which Montreal did not beat us but won the tourney) that I was heckling Matt jordon and Braz as they jumped up and down celebrating.

Why would their be TFC songs and chants? TFC wouldn't be playing. Oh wait, that didn't stop people at the All Star Game!

Anyway I would go and see the game, but I would be there to watch the game and nothing else.