PDA

View Full Version : The dubious "Son of the DP poll" thread

jloome
10-10-2008, 12:52 AM
So a few months back, it was suggested (I believe by Mo) that they were talking to a big-time Italian player.

Then on Gol Tv he suggests they're taking a DP proposal to the board Nov. 12.

Unassailable conclusion (assuming you don't try)?: They're signing an Italian striker.

So here's another Dp poll.

Keyman
10-10-2008, 12:57 AM
Is there supposed to be a poll?

werewolf
10-10-2008, 01:05 AM
12 mins = fail.

lol

jloome
10-10-2008, 01:08 AM
Got called away by the damn dog.

werewolf
10-10-2008, 01:10 AM
^thats no way to talk about the misses :eek:

The last 3 aren't Italian, does "Italian striker" mean Italian league, or from Italy?

jloome
10-10-2008, 01:12 AM
Sorry, I was thinking Serie A. I think Mo said the person was playing in Italy, not that they were Italian per se.

Keyman
10-10-2008, 01:13 AM
Where were these comments from MJ?

werewolf
10-10-2008, 01:15 AM
and in regards to some of those players, they will be playing until the end of May, and FIFA rules say you can't be in contact with a player about signing a new contract until 6 months before his current one ends (so that is assuming those players will be free agents)

nascarguy
10-10-2008, 01:21 AM
^thats no way to talk about the misses :eek:

:eek::)

Keyman
10-10-2008, 01:22 AM
Remember when there was that bullshit link between Stefano Firoe and TFC?

I just remembered that after thinking about Italians lol

jloome
10-10-2008, 01:34 AM
Hey, I said it was dubious. Tired. Sleep now.

Oldtimer
10-10-2008, 07:31 AM
There are a lot of Brazilians playing in Serie A.

CoachGT
10-10-2008, 07:37 AM
Don't we have an italian/english striker named Dichio?

icecoldbeer
10-10-2008, 07:54 AM
http://www.footyfootball.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/luca-toni-bayern-munich-lost-to-zenit.jpg

that is all

London
10-10-2008, 07:56 AM
http://www.footyfootball.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/luca-toni-bayern-munich-lost-to-zenit.jpg

that is all

good luck!!!
i would be so fuckin happy!!!

canadian_bhoy
10-10-2008, 08:00 AM
My understanding of the November 12th meeting is that TFC is only seeking approval to use the funds to get a DP. This is basically thier wish list meeting where they will discuss and get approval for all big spending over the next year (i.e. grass/practice facility, DP money etc.).

It's not like they are going to meet with Tannanbaum and it all goes down like this:

TFC: Hey Larry, how they hanging?

LT: Low and lazy gents, what's the good word?

TFC: We want to buy Henry. Can we? huh, please? he's really good!

(Mo Johnston wheels in an oversized cake and a naked Tierri Henry pops out wearing a Barae - Mo and Henry then take up a chorus line on the boardroom table singing "Hey Big Spender").

LT: Well boys, I'd be darn tootin, this is going to be great! You have my blessing. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to be down at the Rotary Club for my 5:15, if I get there late, the pretty little thing that gives the best Happy Endings will be with someone else.

Mo: Can ah Come wi ye?

LT: Are you Catholic?

Mo: Aye, but ah left sellic tae go ta rangurs

LT: Fair enough Mo my man - let's go and make fun of Darryl Sitler

Mo: Who?

LT: I'll explain it on the way

(laughter fills the air - they leave, Tannenbaum re-enters room).

LT: Sorry, forgot my hat - oh and by the way, 20% again at the end of next season too eh chaps?

(LT exits whistleing Frank Sinatra's My Way)

Ossington Mental Youth
10-10-2008, 08:07 AM
Trezeguet, still young, killing things, take him in a second

London
10-10-2008, 08:09 AM

i agree, but he will still be wanted by euro clubs, so i highly doubt we will see him in our kit!

ACSertL
10-10-2008, 08:11 AM

Can't say I disagree with this...but my official stance is 'stubborn bugger that stands firmly pat on signing Eidur Gudjohnsen no matter how remote the odds'.

I should make a T-shirt with that on it. :)

redcard
10-10-2008, 08:23 AM
some how many of these guys would play on field turf?

before we have a who would our dp be poll, we should have a which player would play on field turf poll!

tlear
10-10-2008, 08:26 AM

If he would come over (zero chance) we would have the best player in the league..

giambac
10-10-2008, 08:27 AM
So a few months back, it was suggested (I believe by Mo) that they were talking to a big-time Italian player.

Unassailable conclusion (assuming you don't try)?: They're signing an Italian striker.

So here's another Dp poll.

Any of these guys, and I mean any of them would make TFC instantly better.

Problem is they won't get any. Carver wouldn't want an Italian player on the team who problay would end up teaching the coach a few things.

CoachGT
10-10-2008, 08:27 AM
My guess would be that enough money trumps turf. Hard to do with players within a salary cap, so more of them could turn it down for equal money and grass elsewhere.

Nodoubtguy
10-10-2008, 08:33 AM
Can't say I disagree with this...but my official stance is 'stubborn bugger that stands firmly pat on signing Eidur Gudjohnsen no matter how remote the odds'.

I should make a T-shirt with that on it. :)

Yes!!!! But seems as though he's become useful at Barca this year......

ACSertL
10-10-2008, 08:37 AM
Eidur wasn't too happy last season under Rijkaard but he's been put to good use by Guardiola and is happy there from what I have read. I think he's up for contract renewal at the end of this season.

Its a pipe dream I know...

Nodoubtguy
10-10-2008, 08:39 AM
Eidur wasn't too happy last season under Rijkaard but he's been put to good use by Guardiola and is happy there from what I have read. I think he's up for contract renewal at the end of this season.

Its a pipe dream I know...

a dream I would love too.....

but yeah, matched last years goals total in 5 games this season. He's come on as a sub and done his job very well.....I really see him staying at Barca

Ossington Mental Youth
10-10-2008, 08:45 AM
in all honesty anyone of these dudes would prob be great additions.
sauve Maccarone.
even he wouldnt be bad.
wahts that guy up to these days?

nobodybeatsthewiz
10-10-2008, 08:50 AM
My understanding of the November 12th meeting is that TFC is only seeking approval to use the funds to get a DP. This is basically thier wish list meeting where they will discuss and get approval for all big spending over the next year (i.e. grass/practice facility, DP money etc.).

It's not like they are going to meet with Tannanbaum and it all goes down like this:

TFC: Hey Larry, how they hanging?

LT: Low and lazy gents, what's the good word?

TFC: We want to buy Henry. Can we? huh, please? he's really good!

(Mo Johnston wheels in an oversized cake and a naked Tierri Henry pops out wearing a Barae - Mo and Henry then take up a chorus line on the boardroom table singing "Hey Big Spender").

LT: Well boys, I'd be darn tootin, this is going to be great! You have my blessing. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to be down at the Rotary Club for my 5:15, if I get there late, the pretty little thing that gives the best Happy Endings will be with someone else.

Mo: Can ah Come wi ye?

LT: Are you Catholic?

Mo: Aye, but ah left sellic tae go ta rangurs

LT: Fair enough Mo my man - let's go and make fun of Darryl Sitler

Mo: Who?

LT: I'll explain it on the way

(laughter fills the air - they leave, Tannenbaum re-enters room).

LT: Sorry, forgot my hat - oh and by the way, 20% again at the end of next season too eh chaps?

(LT exits whistleing Frank Sinatra's My Way)

LOL, "i did it....myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy wwwaaaayyyyy"

seriously though, is henry going to pop out of the cake a la erika eleniuk in under siege only to be rudely greeted by that raging arm-snapper, seagal (in this case, mo j)?

canadian_bhoy
10-10-2008, 09:00 AM
I love the fact that you used the word "seriously" then went on to discuss scences from Under Siege! :D

I think in this instance, we'd be looking at the laughing jovial Mo. The 3am playboy models in the hot tub snorting coke of miss january's unmentionables kinda Mo - that Mo is one great Mo...fo sho.

Roogsy
10-10-2008, 09:22 AM
Where is Del Piero???

Oldtimer
10-10-2008, 09:31 AM
Where is Del Piero???

I was wondering that too. My choice, for sure.

Pistachio Disguisey
10-10-2008, 09:42 AM
Would a be greatest moment of a my life if Del Piero sign for TFC.

Dey a say he wash but he is still a my favorite player and would make this a league look like my nonna francine.
She is a very a ugly old woman, but I have the heart of love for her. One a time, I a play football in Bologna. I fall and break my face and francine bring me back my health, she is a de best. I love her.

Ossington Mental Youth
10-10-2008, 09:59 AM
Del Piero would be amazing as well

The Iron Sheik
10-10-2008, 10:26 AM
Any of these guys, and I mean any of them would make TFC instantly better.

Problem is they won't get any. Carver wouldn't want an Italian player on the team who problay would end up teaching the coach a few things.

you giambac, you say italian teach dino bravo he italian he no teach me nothing we fight legion of doom colnol mustafa dino bravo he a pussy no fight good i take you giambac you jabronie i brake you back an d make you hamble

denime
10-10-2008, 10:54 AM
I didn't know Adriano and David Trezeguet are Italians? hmmm

trane
10-10-2008, 11:04 AM
I can see Vieri coming over, he would be quality in this league, he is a more athletic Dichio type, with a better strike in top european play. He could be a monster, and it has been a while since he played for a truly big club ( Milan, Inter, Roma, Juve).

Ossington Mental Youth
10-10-2008, 11:17 AM
whos vieri playing for currently?

shwade
10-10-2008, 12:05 PM
But how many of these guys are out of contract in 2009?

Del Piero won't come because he's signed through to 2010 and says he'd like to play in England after.
And Vieri's playing for Atalanta but I don't know if he's actually played a game for them yet.

guelphguy1965
10-10-2008, 12:19 PM
I didn't know Adriano and David Trezeguet are Italians? hmmm

Adriano is Brazilian and Trezeguet is French.

Ossington Mental Youth
10-10-2008, 12:21 PM
the foreign players were established as foreign earlier in the thread

giambac
10-10-2008, 01:01 PM
you giambac, you say italian teach dino bravo he italian he no teach me nothing we fight legion of doom colnol mustafa dino bravo he a pussy no fight good i take you giambac you jabronie i brake you back an d make you hamble

what about Domenic DeNucci,
what about Santino,
What about Tony Parise

They kill the Iron Sheik;)
FUeeeeeee!!!

Bobo
10-10-2008, 02:29 PM
That fat cunt Adriano would be our best bet. I laugh at the thought of him coming here though. Milito loves Genoa and is fantastic for him so forget that.

I can see Vieri coming since he loves the States and hes totally fallen off and wouldn't mind another fat paycheque. Damn I'd love to see Bobo in our colours though! I think we stand a real chance of landing him too.

Who the hell picked Simone Inzaghi? lol

tlear
10-10-2008, 03:02 PM
Trezeguet is under contract until 2011..

trane
10-10-2008, 03:49 PM
whos vieri playing for currently?

Atalanta. A solid small Serie A side, from Bergamo about 45 minutes to 1 1/2 hours from Milan. Beutifull city but not big enough to support a major team. I do not think he is seeing alot of playing time there. He was with Fiorentina last year. A good side, but defenetly a "big" club.

Ossington Mental Youth
10-10-2008, 03:55 PM
Thanks.
I recognize the the names, never entirely sure about teh skill of the players/team.
I remember Fiorentina from a while back (didnt they get relegated several years ago?)

jloome
10-11-2008, 12:57 AM
I was wondering that too. My choice, for sure.

Yeah but he's already said he plans to retire from Milan at 40.

King Tut
10-11-2008, 03:16 AM
Filippoooooooooooooooooooooo Inzaghiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

billygrieveuk
10-11-2008, 08:13 AM

So here's another Dp poll.ihate to say this, but if we want to sign an italian striker....better start looking in woodbridge! i am confident that other than the odd good player coming over to mls (like angel), there is no chance this league is going to get stars in its ranks....
DP....no chance

Bobo
10-11-2008, 12:05 PM
Yeah but he's already said he plans to retire from Milan at 40.

I wonder if any Juve fans have seen that lol

RPB_Brantford_08
10-11-2008, 12:14 PM
Lets look to south america first, try and find real quality before settling fo an Italian league player. Adriano would be the choice of the above mentioned..no contest

nascarguy
10-11-2008, 01:25 PM
why does it have to be a Italian striker

AL-MO
10-11-2008, 01:40 PM
I wonder if any Juve fans have seen that lol

:lol:

Red Rat
10-11-2008, 01:50 PM
Turkey Sucks!!

Bobo
10-11-2008, 04:40 PM
why does it have to be a Italian striker

You want to win don't you? :D

Bobo
10-12-2008, 07:34 AM
Atalanta. A solid small Serie A side, from Bergamo about 45 minutes to 1 1/2 hours from Milan. Beutifull city but not big enough to support a major team. I do not think he is seeing alot of playing time there. He was with Fiorentina last year. A good side, but defenetly a "big" club.

Bobo's injured, or at best getting back from it. Recurring injury from last season. He'll be all the more fresh come March when we play our first game. :)

justin
10-12-2008, 07:41 AM
Adriano is Brazilian and Trezeguet is French.

i can't believe it took 2 pages for someone to figure that out...

Ossington Mental Youth
10-12-2008, 11:11 AM
i can't believe it took 2 pages for someone to figure that out...

read the first 4 or 5 posts. it got figured out early

RPLProducer
10-13-2008, 01:55 PM
Where is Del Piero???

My personal favourite of the absolutely ridiculous DP rumours.

Roogsy
10-13-2008, 01:58 PM
LOL! Come on Alex! I am holding out hope that it can happen. After all, Italian players come to Canada quite often to market themselves in the Italian community, why wouldn't someone on the tail end of their career want to come here and become an absolute star?

We could even get all those incredulous Italian soccer fans who for the most part have ignored TFC on board! Get'r done! :D