PDA

View Full Version : goltv Mojo Unplugged Ep. 15

nascarguy
10-09-2008, 10:12 PM
http://www.goltv.ca/images/video/mojo_unplugged.jpg

Mojo Unplugged Ep. 15

http://www.goltv.ca/video/?channel=10 (http://www.goltv.ca/video/?channel=10)

Pronto
10-09-2008, 11:56 PM
nice link so it all goes down on the 12 of Nov.

jloome
10-10-2008, 12:06 AM
nice link so it are goes down on the 12 of Nov.

Actually I think that's when the season ends. He's suggesting they start DP shopping Nov. 12, not that they have someone yet. But I suspect they do. He said "everything's being put to the board," which suggests he's proposing names to the board at that date. So maybe December?

Carver's statement about quitting if there isn't a DP was probably motivational, for players concerned about the Ruiz situation.

Pronto
10-10-2008, 12:27 AM
what i meant is MLSE will tell Mo how much $$$ will go on the table for a DP. i hope my perspective of them changes on the 12th.

tfc007
10-10-2008, 04:38 AM
The question put to MO,is from a RPB member! Nicely done.

canadian_bhoy
10-10-2008, 05:57 AM
Mo needs to lay off the shandy's! He looks absolutely hungover like hell.

Why do I have the vision of 4 models in a hot tub?

JDG
10-10-2008, 06:41 AM
what i meant is MLSE will tell Mo how much $$$ will go on the table for a DP. i hope my perspective of them changes on the 12th.

Don't get too cynical about this, but always remember it's a business.
Last year, I was told that the money they would poney up for a DP was in the 3-4 million dollar range.
Add the 3 million dollars from the Edu deal, and not a lot changes really because the second year of the contract will need to be paid for as well.

My guess would be that the most we'll pay is 5 million, but 3-4 is still most likely.

Daveisonfire
10-10-2008, 06:56 AM
Hmm Mo says they have 3 million left from the Edu transfer to use...Where did the other 2 million go? To pay the current player's wages?

And if he's talking about using the Edu money on a DP, does that mean that using it to get grass is out of the question? Was the 2 million put aside for the pitch? Is that even enough for grass?

So many questions lol

JDG
10-10-2008, 07:10 AM
Hmm Mo says they have 3 million left from the Edu transfer to use...Where did the other 2 million go? To pay the current player's wages?

And if he's talking about using the Edu money on a DP, does that mean that using it to get grass is out of the question? Was the 2 million put aside for the pitch? Is that even enough for grass?

So many questions lol

There is no other 2 million - the league gets most of the remainder, and Edu got a little bit too.
The 3+ mill that we have must be used for the betterment of the team, so that would include grass, practise facility, DP. Mo mentioned that $500 000 of the money goes into the allocation pool, so he could use that on a regular non DP player aquisition.

Broadview
10-10-2008, 07:29 AM
Mo needs to lay off the shandy's! He looks absolutely hungover like hell.

Why do I have the vision of 4 models in a hot tub?

Link?

Oldtimer
10-10-2008, 08:57 AM
Good to hear that Mo won't be taking the winter off but will actually get in players before the season starts. Of course, there will still be his winter vacation... err.. "scouting trip" to South America this winter. :lol:

olegunnar
10-10-2008, 09:10 AM
Didn't they have this exact same MLSE meeting last November? With the same old promises and dreams (grass, expansion, DP)

Same old crap.

Pronto
10-10-2008, 02:01 PM
Don't get too cynical about this, but always remember it's a business.
Last year, I was told that the money they would poney up for a DP was in the 3-4 million dollar range.
Add the 3 million dollars from the Edu deal, and not a lot changes really because the second year of the contract will need to be paid for as well.

My guess would be that the most we'll pay is 5 million, but 3-4 is still most likely.

i hope its 5 million a yr or more.
anyone have any ideas what kind of player we can get for this type of money come winter???

BakaGaijin
10-10-2008, 02:09 PM
i hope its 5 million a yr or more.
anyone have any ideas what kind of player we can get for this type of money come winter???

I'll tell you one thing.........if the Teacher's Pension Fund doesn't start to see some rebound in the stock market, we are not getting a DP next year, in fact, they would probably even consider selling their stake in MLSE. I bet the value of their fund has dropped at least 30% in the last few weeks (pure speculation on my part).

Do you have any idea how much money that is?

Ossington Mental Youth
10-10-2008, 02:50 PM
still a billion dollar company that can afford 5 million for one player.
they own 2 other teams paying players more than that.
im not concerned about the TPF