PDA

View Full Version : Edu not called for England game May 28

arsenal
05-20-2008, 05:58 PM
Edu did not make the roster for the England game on the 28th ... Donovan is on the roster.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/soccerinsider/2008/05/usa_roster_for_england_friendl.html

ensco
05-20-2008, 06:03 PM
mixed feelings about this

I'm glad to have him here for the Montreal game, but I wish he'd forced Bradley's hand with his play in 2008, which he has not done

much as I hate it from a pure TFC perspective, I hope Maurice gets called in the future...I'm rooting for him as a person

Red CB Toronto
05-20-2008, 06:05 PM
I am sure that he will make the roster for one of three friendlies the US has in the next few weeks after the game against England, I like that Coach Bob Bradleyis going to take into account the impact of call-ups on MLS clubs, as well as the domestic and international demand on players this summer.

Fort York Redcoat
05-20-2008, 06:09 PM
Well I hope Bradley underestimates Mo for a long time...

King Jeff
05-20-2008, 06:09 PM
I am sure that he will make the roster for one of three friendlies the US has in the next few weeks after the game against England, I like that Coach Bob Bradley is going to take into account the impact of call-ups on MLS clubs, as well as the domestic and international demand on players this summer.

Stunningly, exactly what he said.

I'm sure that, from the standpoint of US Soccer, the England fixture is their glamour game. Everyone will want to be in that. Edu will probably make one of the other squads, and be part of the Olympics, too. No point jading someone so young. Same reason Altidore's not included, presumably.

Keyman
05-20-2008, 06:10 PM
With his play so far this season, there is no way he deserves a spot on that roster. He's not even making an impact in a mediocre league, which hardly screams a cap for tha national team.

Let's hope Edu picks up his play in the next few games, because an improved Edu would do wonders for our midfield, and our team in general.

nascarguy
05-20-2008, 06:12 PM
why it's good that he did not make it I only think about the club

USA Roster for England Friendly

Here it is:
GOALKEEPERS: Dominic Cervi (out of contract), Brad Guzan (Chivas USA), Tim Howard (Everton).
DEFENDERS: Carlos Bocanegra (Fulham), Dan Califf (Midtjylland), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover), Jay DeMerit (Watford), Oguchi Onyewu (Standard Liege), Michael Orozco (San Luis), Heath Pearce (Hansa Rostock), Jonathan Spector (West Ham).
MIDFIELDERS: Freddy Adu (Benfica), DaMarcus Beasley (Glasgow Rangers), Michael Bradley (Heerenveen), Ricardo Clark (Houston), Benny Feilhaber (Derby County), Eddie Lewis (Derby County).
FORWARDS: Clint Dempsey (Fulham), Landon Donovan (Los Angeles), Nate Jaqua (out of contract), Eddie Johnson (Fulham), Josh Wolff (out of contract).

Pachuco
05-20-2008, 06:15 PM
I called it. Ives was so off saying Edu not only would be part of the roster but would make the start in midfield over Adu. Sorry Ives. Don't know what soccer you've been watching.

sully
05-20-2008, 06:15 PM
With his play so far this season, there is no way he deserves a spot on that roster. He's not even making an impact in a mediocre league, which hardly screams a cap for tha national team.

Let's hope Edu picks up his play in the next few games, because an improved Edu would do wonders for our midfield, and our team in general.

my thoughts too...but there's less room for him to stand-out with the new guys we have in midfield too

Red CB Toronto
05-20-2008, 06:28 PM
His time will come, with another young player like Jozy also being left off the roster for the England game the US wants their veterans out there to give England a game. Maurice I am sure will play in one of the next few games for the USA.

flatpicker
05-20-2008, 06:30 PM
for sure Edu will get his shot.
Good to have him here for us.

rocker
05-20-2008, 06:35 PM
Right now, Edu is more about promise than performance I think.
He hasn't stepped up his play as would be expected.. Wynne has...
He's also never really played a big role yet on the US team when it had all its players available. When Bradley has everyone at his disposal, Edu is lucky to make the end of the roster right now. That's not a slight to the guy but just some incentive to get better.

CretanBull
05-20-2008, 06:38 PM
Nate Jaqua out of contract? Didn't he sign with an Austrian team?

flatpicker
05-20-2008, 06:40 PM
That's not a slight to the guy but just some incentive to get better.

that's what I'm hoping... Edu will look at this as motivation to step up his game in Toronto.

Red CB Toronto
05-20-2008, 06:53 PM
Nate Jaqua out of contract? Didn't he sign with an Austrian team?

Yes, he is currently with SC Rheindorf Altach in Austria.

CretanBull
05-20-2008, 07:10 PM
Yes, he is currently with SC Rheindorf Altach in Austria.

I couldn't remember the team, but I thought I remembered reading that he'd gone to Austria...I wonder why he's listed as being without a contract?

Red CB Toronto
05-20-2008, 07:17 PM
I have no clue, someone is lazy in the US team's PR department.

giambac
05-20-2008, 07:23 PM

Careful now. Your analysis and conclusion may be looked upon as being critical or neagative in the views TFC supporters. Seems like you can't downplay a player from our squad. You will be accused of being disloyal, God Forbid.

But you are 100% accurate. edu had a great rookie season. This season was full of high expectations, maybe the pressure is getting to him.

Edu ha to earn his way on the national team

flatpicker
05-20-2008, 07:26 PM
I think Edu stinks. The only thing he can pass is wind.

dude... that's a little harsh isn't it?

(stirring up trouble)