PDA

View Full Version : New Kits....when.....

Manutd27
10-09-2008, 09:36 PM
I was just wondering if anyone knows exactly when we will be seeing these new kits TFC will be wearing next season and if anyone has confirmed that the pic floating around a while back is the official kit?
Cheers

flatpicker
10-09-2008, 10:08 PM
as far as I know, there has been no official announcement as two when they will come out,
and no one has confirmed what they will look like (despite the 007 photos of it... 'supposedly')

Obviously they would need to release them prior to the season so that people have them in time for the first game.
I would guess maybe a month or so before the start?

Damien
10-09-2008, 10:22 PM
Most other teams will release in mid-december... in time for xmas shopping.

Sonny Cheeba
10-09-2008, 10:29 PM
i can't wait til these come out so i can afford the old ones finally.

i be po

flatpicker
10-09-2008, 10:30 PM
Most other teams will release in mid-december... in time for xmas shopping.

that makes sense...

StandUpIfYouHateChelsea
10-09-2008, 10:31 PM
ive seen the kits, not much difference , spend 10 mins on google searching and ull find em !

flatpicker
10-09-2008, 10:39 PM
^ 10 secs more likely...

http://torontofc.theoffside.com/uncategorized/2009-kits-revealed.html

I will be reserving final judgment until I see them in person... but I am not keen on the photo.

jloome
10-10-2008, 12:11 AM
Nah, they let that happen, as a trial balloon. Savvy marketing.

James Oliphant
10-10-2008, 02:24 AM
Ahh, good times. I remember the mini shit-storm that picture started. Posted by a member on GoTFC after he received it in a PM from the guy who took it (and apparently wanted it kept secret). Good times.

http://gotorontofc.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=2713

J .
10-10-2008, 03:20 AM
I like the current style... ugh why do they have to change jerseys so often.

canadian_bhoy
10-10-2008, 06:00 AM
I heard November - but there will be severly limited qualities.

AFO1981
10-10-2008, 06:45 AM
The Rep I talked to said they wouldn't be in stores until Jan/Feb.

GabrielHurl
10-10-2008, 08:02 AM
Mid-November I heard

London
10-10-2008, 08:04 AM
I like the current style... ugh why do they have to change jerseys so often.

$$$$$$$$$$$

BuSaPuNk
10-10-2008, 09:25 AM
This years look so much better!!

GabrielHurl
10-10-2008, 09:27 AM
what can you do? football teams all over the world changes thier kits every few years - why should we be any different?

NF-FC
10-10-2008, 09:30 AM
$$$$$$$$$$$

that only works if the new one is worth buying

Carts
10-10-2008, 09:50 AM
that only works if the new one is worth buying

Very true...

I love this team - but I won't be running out to buy this new jersey...

I personally am not crazy about it - I don't like collars on jerseys (some people love them - just a different personal taste)...

One thing I hate, and we'll see it all over BMO next year - is guys walking around with their collars "popped" - terrible look wearing a team kit with a popped collar...

Carts...

Up The TFC
10-10-2008, 11:34 AM
terrible look wearing a team kit with a popped collar...

The King begs to differ!

http://site.voila.fr/usgfoot/cantona.jpg

Ossington Mental Youth
10-10-2008, 11:49 AM
Ill be buying next years.
the year afters
etc etc.
im also kind of a jersey whore.
I do like hte idea of showing my kid (or my kid showing his friends) my collection of TFC jerseys going back to the original one

Barbarez
10-10-2008, 12:18 PM
You're not actually going to pruchase one??? LOL fucking sheep..

Velvet Elvis
10-10-2008, 12:41 PM
This years look so much better!!

I like the first year kit much better, I hate the wacky numbers and letters this year.

Cambridge_Red
10-10-2008, 12:53 PM
It looks decent, I'll get it. I will never get over the cheapness of the first year jersey. Felt patches and all

Chevy
10-10-2008, 01:03 PM
The King begs to differ!

http://site.voila.fr/usgfoot/cantona.jpg
Stylish, yet still comfortable - allowing for a free-flowing shit-kicking of football supporters of your choosing.

Roogsy
10-10-2008, 01:06 PM
Ill be buying next years.
the year afters
etc etc.
im also kind of a jersey whore.
I do like hte idea of showing my kid (or my kid showing his friends) my collection of TFC jerseys going back to the original one

Sometimes I like you Ossington. Stuff like this sounds a lot like me. And I feel like we are more alike than we think.

And then other times...:banghead:

LOL!

Roogsy
10-10-2008, 01:07 PM
I wouldn't mind if the team came out with TFC Rugby Jerseys instead of Golf shirts. I don't wear golf shirts, but I would love a good thick Rugby jersey for the winter.

Adidas and MLS don't know how to market didley-squat.

Ossington Mental Youth
10-10-2008, 01:19 PM
Sometimes I like you Ossington. Stuff like this sounds a lot like me. And I feel like we are more alike than we think.

And then other times...:banghead:

LOL!

HAHAHA
we can agree to disagree (i cant even remember what we were disagreeing on), the rest of the time we are right. How does that sound?

flatpicker
10-10-2008, 01:35 PM
I wouldn't mind if the team came out with TFC Rugby Jerseys instead of Golf shirts. I don't wear golf shirts, but I would love a good thick Rugby jersey for the winter.

that's what I'm talking about!
Nice, classic, bold, rugby style tops!

I wish they didn't try so hard to be fancy with the shirts.
That is usually the recipe for disaster.

There is a reason that most shirts (in many different sports leagues) look best when they are the old designs.

Wagner
10-10-2008, 01:44 PM

Bo Knows Diddley

http://www.posters57.com/images/Bo.jpg=600.jpg

Blizzard
10-10-2008, 01:45 PM

I'd like both. I've not been able to get a golf shirt yet but I plan to get one BUT I would really really like a TFC Rugby jersey.

I've a Barbarian Toronto Maple Leaf shirt and would kill for a TFC version. You can't beat Barbarian for a quality rugby shirt IMO.

B

canadian_bhoy
10-10-2008, 02:04 PM
You're not actually going to pruchase one??? LOL fucking sheep..

Don't waste your money on tickets either, going to the matches just proves that you're a whore to MLSE.

Under no circumstances should you watch the matches on TV either - the only reason those games are on TV is so that MLSE can get more money.