PDA

View Full Version : Ruiz practising in Guatemala????...Hurt "No"

tfcmanu
10-08-2008, 01:26 PM
:mad:Look @ this Ruiz in full practice with Guatamala national team "I think" or is he still with TFC ,does not look hurt to me....maybe I don't understand the article (This translation is the best I can do on Internet..I don't no what kind of spanish to english this is please help. http://www.freetranslation.com/ (http://www.freetranslation.com/)

The Fish, the maximum national gunner —with 41 goals—, suffered when could not note, and itself autocriticó by its position and form to conclude. By claudia fort and Fernando ruiz

Its voice listened and was differentiated among its companions, chiefly its exclamations upon doing each exercise, more, when concluded to the arch and the ball left devious. According to Carlos the Fish Ruiz, its first day of training was satisfactory; is at home and wait to be felt each better day until arrive the party.
After two weeks without activity with its team the Toronto FC, to return to a work so extenuante, like the one that directs the physical coach Juan Miguel Bertani, was satisfactory for Ruiz, because felt well, ran and performed all the tasks assigned, although confesses that, in agreement even the days, will know how its body reacts.

The forward one suffered a wound of knee that impeded to play, but account that that pain felt it time ago, was not new, and that even so played, but assures that although feels a lot better, despite that does not know how will be to the moment of the party, by the leaps, peaks and the demand.

"I am consents that I am not to one hundred percent, but I was neither him in the previous parties. The difference is that now I do not feel pain, and that he does that he be easier to reach a physical improvement", he commented.

http://prensalibre.com/pl/2008/octubre/08/268543.html

joel
10-08-2008, 01:31 PM
think he is saying he's not 100%, but he also wasnt hurt or feeling pain in the last two practices..so he is improving. They will have to decide if he plays in the next few days leading up to the games.

tfcmanu
10-08-2008, 01:37 PM
think he is saying he's not 100%, but he also wasnt hurt or feeling pain in the last two practices..so he is improving. They will have to decide if he plays in the next few days leading up to the games.

It's funny how he is improving... wondering if he was with TFC, if Ruiz could of played this Saturday against Dallas something smells like Fish.

Shaughno
10-08-2008, 01:38 PM
That's what I got from it too. No reason to be mad really.

joel
10-08-2008, 02:00 PM
It's funny how he is improving... wondering if he was with TFC, if Ruiz could of played this Saturday against Dallas something smells like Fish.

Was he still practicing with TFC or doing nothing at all? I don't know the answer

Shaughno
10-08-2008, 02:01 PM
I very highly doubt he was doing nothing at all.

Dirk Diggler
10-08-2008, 02:07 PM
LOL ... these online translations never get old. Couldn't make it past the first 5 words without bursting in laughter.

tfcmanu
10-08-2008, 02:22 PM
LOL ... these online translations never get old. Couldn't make it past the first 5 words without bursting in laughter.

Tell me about it!!!!:D

joel
10-08-2008, 02:52 PM
ANd really, at this point in the season I don't care, he seems like the type of player that needs time to integrate with the lineup, and if we have the results up front we showed in the last game with Dichio/Barrett/Ibbie, he can stay in Guatemala for all I care.

Ossington Mental Youth
10-08-2008, 03:19 PM
i do agree with joel to a certain extent, i dont think hes been given a fair go as hes played 2 or 3 games, been injured or away the rest. I dont think he will have been given sufficiant time to meld into the team. Still undecided as to whether i want him back next year. Prob not if we have better options or if he expects the same salary hes getting right now... On the same hand id be bitter as fuck to see him go back to his old form for another team...

Jack
10-08-2008, 03:29 PM
He says he's coming along. He played through pain up to a point.

He also says that he now feels almost pain free during training.

He's not sure how it will react in a game situation.

This was also the first hard training he's done since he was sidelined.

Yohan
10-08-2008, 05:48 PM
Meh. I dunno how much is his injuries or how much has been just Ruiz not playing his best but so far, he's done nothing for TFC.
I'd stick with Dichio/Barrett combo if I was Carver

FluSH
10-08-2008, 06:52 PM
I have an inside joke with Pronto on the boards... It's called: "Are you pulling a Ruiz at work" you know if he is too hurt or sick to make it to work, but makes it to the game instead!

Dunc
10-08-2008, 06:56 PM
maybe it's a symptom of a terminal illness? can only hope

okay maybe that's a bit harsh but really i don't care if he returns

TorCanSoc
10-08-2008, 10:15 PM
Nothing lost in that translation. Ruiz is a suckwad. Unless he sobers up and scores a ton of goals that puts us into the playoffs, then he's one of the worst TFC moves. We gave up almost nothing for him... but that means we could have kept almost nothing.. and right now that seems a better option.

FluSH
10-10-2008, 10:54 PM
http://www.fifa.com/mm/photo/tournament/competition/90/55/59/905559%5ffull-prt.jpg

I know this guy... I can't remember from where... cause I haven't seen him PLAY before but I think I do know him.

werewolf
10-11-2008, 10:23 AM
I bet he plays against TnT tonight.

Ossington Mental Youth
10-11-2008, 11:10 AM
I bet he doesnt

Shakes McQueen
10-11-2008, 12:33 PM
I bet he doesnt

Same. I bet he either doesn't play. Or - if they are losing late in the match, he gets subbed on for a handful of minutes.

I think it's funny that everyone here is poring over a poorly translated Guatemalan news story, trying to figure out if they should be mad at Ruiz or not, haha.

- Scott

sidvan
10-11-2008, 12:54 PM
Watched Mo on Extra Time where he addressed this issue. Mo says Ruiz will have to report when called for national team duty but will need to report for medical exam but doesn't see Ruiz playing.

Oh and on a side note, Paul James totally blames Carmine Isacco for the Lombardo blunder.

Blizzard
10-11-2008, 01:54 PM
Watched Mo on Extra Time where he addressed this issue. Mo says Ruiz will have to report when called for national team duty but will need to report for medical exam but doesn't see Ruiz playing.

Oh and on a side note, Paul James totally blames Carmine Isacco for the Lombardo blunder.

http://www.kathryncramer.com/photos/uncategorized/duckandcover_bert_the_turtle_6k_1.jpg

Pronto
10-12-2008, 02:10 AM
does anyone know something about knee injuries?
one thing i do know is running on concrete(turf) killes your joints... give him some time...

On they other hand im sick of making a big deal out of players that don't want to play in Toronto all i can say is FukU... when it comes down to it don't play GET THE FUK OUT OF HERE AND GO BACK HOME!!! Havingsaid that i think i speak for everyone in the GTA... i'm hoping Ruiz reads this or someone from the team so they can realize we as fans don't want anyone apart of us, our team, our City, that really doesn't want to be here, no matter how good you are........

ONE WORD SAIDS IT ALL PRIDE

Ossington Mental Youth
10-12-2008, 02:27 AM
Gotta say im pretty surprised and pretty disappointed.
im putting good money on Ruiz not being around next year, prob a safe bet.

Shakes McQueen
10-12-2008, 10:31 AM
Gotta say im pretty surprised and pretty disappointed.
im putting good money on Ruiz not being around next year, prob a safe bet.

Unless he got his scoring touch back in a big way, I don't think the plan was ever to sign him again. He was just a high priced rental, which was okay given the amount of free cap space we have.

I'd actually consider keeping him, if he decided to give it his all in these last couple of matches, and signed for a far more realistic sum of money. But neither of those things will happen, I reckon.

- Scott

rocker
10-12-2008, 10:37 AM
so Ruiz played the full 90 last night for Guat eh

Nuvinho
10-12-2008, 10:40 AM
The only Carlos Ruiz I know, plays for the Phillies!!!

Carter
10-12-2008, 10:46 AM
It kinda reminds me of Beckham.. haha

werewolf
10-12-2008, 11:06 AM
I bet he doesnt

Same. I bet he either doesn't play. Or - if they are losing late in the match, he gets subbed on for a handful of minutes.

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/nccamerica/matches/round=250468/match=300053866/index.html

Should have put a wager on it ;)

Ossington Mental Youth
10-12-2008, 11:06 AM
Unless he got his scoring touch back in a big way, I don't think the plan was ever to sign him again. He was just a high priced rental, which was okay given the amount of free cap space we have.

I'd actually consider keeping him, if he decided to give it his all in these last couple of matches, and signed for a far more realistic sum of money. But neither of those things will happen, I reckon.

- Scott

agreed, still disappointed you know? thought hed at least try to get his career back on track (as its fallen off and he seems to not have noticed). Id honestly be tempted to bench him for the rest of the season and send him packing after shit like this. Mo better as fuck not try adn resign him for the next season

Shakes McQueen
10-12-2008, 11:15 AM
agreed, still disappointed you know? thought hed at least try to get his career back on track (as its fallen off and he seems to not have noticed). Id honestly be tempted to bench him for the rest of the season and send him packing after shit like this. Mo better as fuck not try adn resign him for the next season

If he really did play for Guatemala, I agree. Bench his ass for the remainder of the season. If we had the player depth, I would also consider waiving him to make a statement - but we don't.

This is a huge slap in the face to both Carver, and everyone else in the locker room. And I don't suspect Carver will take it lightly - wouldn't be surprised if he says so publicly.

werewolf: Yeah, I guess I'm lucky you didn't, haha. I just couldn't imagine him doing something that would so obviously be a huge "fuck you" to the club that pay's his wages. Live and learn, :D

- Scott

jloome
10-12-2008, 11:17 AM
No great loss. We're in almost impossible shape to make the post season and even if we were I doubt he could beat out Barrett and Dichio right now.

werewolf
10-12-2008, 11:18 AM
Its not a surprise to me. Just think of when he goes down to play for the national team and Carver says he isn't exactly sure when he will be back...(like last time). FIFA rules stipulate when a club is releasing a player, his travel itinerary must be sent to the club by the FA 2 weeks in advance. And the player must be back with his club within 24 hours after the match, or 48 if he is on another continent (which he isn't).

Heathen
10-13-2008, 08:56 AM
I dunno why everyone is so surprised you know exactly what you'll get with Ruiz and Guevara, when WCQ comes around that's their priority not the MLS I'm sur Mo knew this when he signed them

Shakes McQueen
10-13-2008, 09:15 AM
I dunno why everyone is so surprised you know exactly what you'll get with Ruiz and Guevara, when WCQ comes around that's their priority not the MLS I'm sur Mo knew this when he signed them

To be fair, we haven't really had a problem this season with Guevara and international matches. Though I don't think he was ever injured during one either...

Have fun riding the pines for the rest of the season, Carlos.

- Scott

ensco
10-13-2008, 10:41 AM
To be fair, we haven't really had a problem this season with Guevara and international matches. Though I don't think he was ever injured during one either...

Have fun riding the pines for the rest of the season, Carlos.

- Scott

Not true. Guevara went AWOL in May in Honduras. Carver publicly complained that he couldn't find him.

Ossington Mental Youth
10-13-2008, 10:52 AM
Not true. Guevara went AWOL in May in Honduras. Carver publicly complained that he couldn't find him.

lets be honest tho, he was new to the team adn has not been a problem since then adn most likely wont be a problem in the future