05-20-2008, 05:02 PM
TORONTO FC
http://www.newenglandsoccernews.com/images/upload/toronto-fc.gif

vs.
D.C. UNITED
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a4/DCUnited.png

BMO FIELD, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
http://arsenalist.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/toronto-fc-bmo-field.jpg

May 21, 2008 | 7:30 p.m. ET (TheScore; CSN-DC)
WEEK # 9 | GAME # 56

Things have certainly changed since Toronto FC and D.C. United first met this season, as United rolled to a 4-1 victory in their home opener on April 5. Since then, United have won just once in six outings and come into the game riding a three-game losing streak, having conceded 14 goals since the win against TFC. The Reds haven't lost since that night at RFK Stadium, winners of three in a row before draws in their last two matches, having allowed just one goal in their last four games while extending their unbeaten streak to a club record.
REFEREE: Alex Prus. SAR (bench): C.J. Morgante; JAR (opposite): Hector Vergara; 4th: Silviu Petrescu
MLS Career: 126 games; FC/gm: 29.9; Y/gm: 3.4; R: 28; pens: 41 INJURY REPORT: TORONTO FC - NONE REPORTED ... D.C. UNITED - OUT: MF Ben Olsen (ankle surgery); MF Jeff Carroll (toe surgery); DF Jeff Curtin (groin strain); PROBABLE: MF Devon McTavish (mid-foot sprain); MF Fred (hamstring strain)
INTERNATIONAL ABSENCES: none
SUSPENDED: none
WARNINGS:
SUSPENDED NEXT YELLOW CARD: none
SUSPENDED AFTER TWO YELLOW CARDS: DC: Marc Burch; Rod Dyachenko

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20080519&content_id=159305&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

Weather:
http://icons-pe.wxug.com/i/c/a/chancerain.gif
Cloudy. 40 percent chance of showers late in the morning and early in the afternoon. A few showers beginning in the afternoon. Wind west 20 km/h (12 mph). High 11C(52F). UV index 3 or moderate. Wednesday night a few showers ending overnight then cloudy with 40 percent chance of showers. Wind west 20 km/h (12 mph). Low 5C(41F).

Previous meeting:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=djFGRw-hboo

:taz:

Flipityflu
05-20-2008, 05:13 PM
hello dc
hello dc
hello dc
you are shite
you're in last place
you deserve it
hello dc
you are shite.

mighty_torontofc_2008
05-20-2008, 05:16 PM
another tough game,dispite there poor start agin to the season this will not be a easy match for TFC...another draw is possible,but we really need a win heading into DC on saturday...

Keyman
05-20-2008, 06:16 PM
If Fred is indeed out, then that takes away one of DC's biggest threats. He's a wonderful midfielder, that often gets overlooked in this league. He has pace, and skill on the ball, and he caused havoc for Toronto in the last meeting. Let's hope he stays out.

I honestly think this is going to be a very tough match, I don't think we have seen the real DC United. They will come out strong, and earn a draw, 2-2.

RealG-TFC
05-20-2008, 06:25 PM
Nah man. DC is weak right now, I think we can take full advantage of that.

UltraSuperMegaMo
05-20-2008, 07:02 PM
If Fred is indeed out, then that takes away one of DC's biggest threats. He's a wonderful midfielder, that often gets overlooked in this league. He has pace, and skill on the ball, and he caused havoc for Toronto in the last meeting. Let's hope he stays out.

I honestly think this is going to be a very tough match, I don't think we have seen the real DC United. They will come out strong, and earn a draw, 2-2.

According to Goff, Fred is likely to play some of the match.

Blixa
05-20-2008, 07:02 PM
We need to win this match badly. I just hope we don't choke and do something stupid. Another opportunity like this may not come for a while, then again, isn't Galaxy due for a visit soon?

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
05-20-2008, 07:15 PM
Sticky this..and delete the Columbus thread! :) MODS??

BIg game!!!.....one of our games in hand...need this one!!

ManUtd4ever
05-20-2008, 08:22 PM
With the exceptions of Guevara and Ricketts, the starting lineup from that debacle in D.C. earlier this season is still intact. TFC will definitely have retribution in mind when they take to the field tomorrow night. The short rest for both clubs should benefit the Reds given their recent break in the schedule.

I'll be watching this one live from section 123 and I'll predict a hard fought 1-0 victory for TFC...

:party::stogey: :cheers: :puke: :thumbsup:

Leafs 92/93
05-20-2008, 10:17 PM
how is the weather looking? our boys were not their sharpest in the wind and it allowed the crew to lame-out a draw. i imagine light showers and wind might end up a tight one like the red bulls game. it seems like between sketchy spring weather and humid terrible late summer weather we don't have much of an ideal window.

Keyman
05-20-2008, 10:19 PM
Our backline is definitely in better shape than it was that dreadful night. We seem to have nearly perfected Carver's offside trap, which gave us a plethora of problems against DC. That seems to be one of our greatest improvements, plus the fact that our midfield is fantastic at creating a buildup in play, which is something that we couldn't do at that point in time. The TFC we saw that night, is a completely different side than the one we will see tomorrow night.

ManUtd4ever
05-20-2008, 10:24 PM
Our backline is definitely in better shape than it was that dreadful night. We seem to have nearly perfected Carver's offside trap, which gave us a plethora of problems against DC. That seems to be one of our greatest improvements, plus the fact that our midfield is fantastic at creating a buildup in play, which is something that we couldn't do at that point in time. The TFC we saw that night, is a completely different side than the one we will see tomorrow night.

Agreed...

noochie
05-20-2008, 11:12 PM
how is the weather looking? our boys were not their sharpest in the wind and it allowed the crew to lame-out a draw. i imagine light showers and wind might end up a tight one like the red bulls game. it seems like between sketchy spring weather and humid terrible late summer weather we don't have much of an ideal window.

As long as that freaking wind stays quiet...

BigLou
05-20-2008, 11:18 PM
Mark my words everyone.
4-1

FOR THE TFC
This is our game.

Red CB Toronto
05-20-2008, 11:19 PM
Tomorrow night is all about the finish, finishing off plays with solid shots on net, not getting too fancy and just playing solid, we had no problem getting the ball up the field last weekend against the Crew, it was we just never finished things off, that is what we have to do tomorrow, we have the talant to do it, so lets get it done.

Brooker
05-21-2008, 03:36 AM
aren't our guys due for a few goals? we havent had multipile scorers since the Galaxy game... right?

i see 3-1 reds.

Robert, Dichio, and i dunno the 3rd. surprise me boys!!

wishful thinking. :)

Kooper
05-21-2008, 05:46 AM
Don't forget to print out and bring your dive cards.

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=549

http://www.axisofdesign.com/footballers/

TFC Tifoso
05-21-2008, 07:03 AM
The boys need a big win tonight...another tie would simply be dropping too many points in a row...2-0 TFC COME ON YOU REEEEEEEDS!!!!

ACSertL
05-21-2008, 07:38 AM
Tough one to call even with DC's lack of form over the past few weeks.

We're at home and that actually counts for a lot this season. I am going to say 2-1 to Toronto...we need at least a four point week after the disappointment against the Crew. I still don't know how we didn't win that one

...oh yeah, we shot at Hesmer instead of around him :)

koryo
05-21-2008, 07:54 AM
Two things concern me:

1. DC United is still dangerous, despite their record - and they'll be looking to bring their game.

2. We haven't scored from open play in how many games?

TFC Tifoso
05-21-2008, 08:09 AM
Two things concern me:

1. DC United is still dangerous, despite their record - and they'll be looking to bring their game.

2. We haven't scored from open play in how many games?

about 2 1/2 games....guevara's first v KC.

Red CB Toronto
05-21-2008, 08:50 AM
It is a big game tonight for the Reds, they have a five undefeated streak going and need to stretch it to six, tonight is all about finishing off their plays and putting it into the net. It is very important that they do this, getting the ball up the field has not been their problem of late, six points in the next two games over DCU would be huge.

SilverSamurai
05-21-2008, 08:54 AM
2-1 TFC.
This won't be an easy game and it'll be up to us to be the 12th man!
No more quiet 2nd halfs!

MrHawk
05-21-2008, 09:09 AM
I hope for an exciting game tonight.

Gotta love the rain for tonight again :(

Gobi
05-21-2008, 09:15 AM
Had a peek at the Barra Brava and Screaming Eagles' forums/websites and there's no talk of DCU supporters making the trip up.
Anyone hear otherwise?

Del Boy
05-21-2008, 09:19 AM
I hope the rain stays off the game, supporters tend to not make as much noise in the rain! The streamers are hard to throw in the rain! Being asked to sit down in the puddle the seat makes is just effing miserable. We better win this one.

footyfan
05-21-2008, 09:21 AM
I am dreading this game...

Interesting historical perspective here though:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/05/20/AR2008052001733.html?sid=ST2008052002276

MrHawk
05-21-2008, 09:23 AM
Where can one get a rain coat from?

footyfan
05-21-2008, 09:28 AM
Had a peek at the Barra Brava and Screaming Eagles' forums/websites and there's no talk of DCU supporters making the trip up.
Anyone hear otherwise?

You're correct. Most are still recovering from the trip out to LA on Saturday for Chivas. I still think one or two may make it yup there. Barra has not missed an away game this season to date.

jayeden
05-21-2008, 09:29 AM
anyone looking for a ticket..i just posted i have a single available 35$ in ticket trader

nfitz
05-21-2008, 09:35 AM
Where can one get a rain coat from?Marks Work Warehouse normally has a good selection, ranging from about $25 to $100s.

Doesn't look like it will torrent though - chance of showers. I think the wind and cold will be more of a problem if one isn't dressed for it. At the New York game, I noticed a few people wearing not much at all, though they didn't seem to stick around for long.

MrHawk
05-21-2008, 09:39 AM
ya I'm bringing my TFc SHIRt, a long sleeve shirt and a jacket. All I intend to rain proof with my trusty weather protector

Gobi
05-21-2008, 09:39 AM
You're correct. Most are still recovering from the trip out to LA on Saturday for Chivas. I still think one or two may make it yup there. Barra has not missed an away game this season to date.

Well that's kind of a shame. You folks bring a great atmosphere to my little section.
(No offense to the 15-20 true TFC supporters who also contribute.)

Del Boy
05-21-2008, 09:42 AM
Hopefully They'll be selling the red Poncho type things at the game. Actually they would make a good promotional giveaway, just a thought.

Carts
05-21-2008, 09:43 AM
Canadian Tire - Emergency Rain Poncho...

Red... $1.49...

It aint pretty - but it works...

Carts...

MrHawk
05-21-2008, 10:04 AM

stugautz
05-21-2008, 10:47 AM
Anyone hear otherwise?

It's tough for them to make it to a mid-week game. I blame MLS for their crappy scheduling in allowing this to happen. And FieldTurf because we always blame the turf.

footyfan
05-21-2008, 10:50 AM
I do not condone this:
http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showpost.php?p=14661309&postcount=51

It's like dogs and cats laying down together...

Gobi
05-21-2008, 10:57 AM
I do not condone this:

Their nouveau soccer fans are driving me crazy, and are usually ignorant to boot.

This, from a Crew supporter! :crazy: :Yawn:

(Sorry, getting off topic here.)

jloome
05-21-2008, 11:19 AM
I do not condone this:

God, I know, don't they just suck immensely?

Gots to tell ya, ff, so far the only fans who regularly butt heads with TFC types but don't drive us crazy are DC fans. Don't know why that is, but it probably has somethign to do with the fact that when we snipe at each other (oops! bad choice of words) it's usually over football, not this kind of shit.

Christ, this guy starts talking that way to the other crew fans, and before you know at least six more people will hate Canada.

ilikemusic
05-21-2008, 11:20 AM
This, from a Crew supporter! :crazy: :Yawn:

(Sorry, getting off topic here.)

They hate us so much.

Its adorable. :D

denime
05-21-2008, 11:37 AM
United brings no excuses to Toronto

D.C. determined to earn needed-result against Toronto FC

WASHINGTON -- Wednesday's clash with Toronto FC at BMO Field has D.C. United bracing for a bruising night at one of the most imposing venues in Major League Soccer, but the Eastern Conference's cellar dwellers are eager to dispense with excuse-making and earn a desperately-needed result. The late collapse in Saturday night's 3-1 loss to Chivas USA undid more than an hour of hard work and exposed United's psychological fragility as the Black-and-Red found themselves unable to manage the game to a calm conclusion.
"The performance was good for about 65 minutes, and we were, for the most part, in control of that game," said midfielder Clyde Simms. "Once they got the [first] goal, we needed to change our mentality. We felt like we had to win the game, like we were in a do-or-die situation. But even a tie on the road is good, especially at Home Depot. With the goal, we had to just keep playing our game and I felt like we took too many chances going forward. ... I think some of that may come from our record so far. Once we get back used to winning, it becomes more of a habit and easier to do."
The Red-and-White grabbed their first-ever victory against D.C. as a result, and a resurgent TFC will be confident of making similar history of their own in the colorful confines of BMO Field on Wednesday. ...

read more (http://web.mlsnet.com/news/mls_news.jsp?ymd=20080521&content_id=159668&vkey=news_mls&fext=.jsp)

footyfan
05-21-2008, 12:55 PM
God, I know, don't they just suck immensely?

Gots to tell ya, ff, so far the only fans who regularly butt heads with TFC types but don't drive us crazy are DC fans. Don't know why that is, but it probably has somethign to do with the fact that when we snipe at each other (oops! bad choice of words) it's usually over football, not this kind of shit.

Christ, this guy starts talking that way to the other crew fans, and before you know at least six more people will hate Canada.

Crew fans stooping so low as to support a team they hate just so you guys suffer a loss really shows their true colors.

They are a backwater team in a backwater town with minimal fans and a chip on their shoulder due to them consistently 'underperforming'.

And now they have delusions of grandeur after a good start to the season and a belief that they are some "Massive Club".

The drugs are strong in Ohio.

jloome
05-21-2008, 01:02 PM
Soehn on TFC:

"They're pretty organized. They have a core of guys who sit back and wait for counterattacks."

Has he REALLY not watched game film on us since the last match or is he just bluffing that he thinks we play a counter-attacking style now?

GabrielHurl
05-21-2008, 01:03 PM
Keep your eye on 127 folks at the end of the anthem :)

rocker
05-21-2008, 01:10 PM
This is a gonna be a big test of DC United's will I think. Cold, wet, windy game on fieldturf (which every opposing team seems to complain about). TFC played a game like this May 1, so it's nothing new. DC needs to overcome their laziness despite the conditions. It should just extra pressure to them.

jloome
05-21-2008, 01:19 PM
This is a gonna be a big test of DC United's will I think. Cold, wet, windy game on fieldturf (which every opposing team seems to complain about). TFC played a game like this May 1, so it's nothing new. DC needs to overcome their laziness despite the conditions. It should just extra pressure to them.

I think we have A LOT to be worried about tonight:

-- our crowd will be thinner and won't have the immediate effect of a 12th man because of start time on a weekday;
-- the weather will favour the possession game DC is trying to formulate around Gallardo.
-- their coach's head is on the line and several of their key players are quoted in Goff's game day story as saying they consider these games key to their whole season.
-- there's the risk we'll go in overly confident after five without a loss.

On the upside, if SUtton gets another shutout tonight he'llmove into the top three in goaltending stats.

rocker
05-21-2008, 01:25 PM
I think we have A LOT to be worried about tonight:

-- our crowd will be thinner and won't have the immediate effect of a 12th man because of start time on a weekday;
-- the weather will favour the possession game DC is trying to formulate around Gallardo.
-- their coach's head is on the line and several of their key players are quoted in Goff's game day story as saying they consider these games key to their whole season.
-- there's the risk we'll go in overly confident after five without a loss.

On the upside, if SUtton gets another shutout tonight he'llmove into the top three in goaltending stats.

I don't think they'll be overconfident, considering that DC beat them 4-1.

I also haven't seen any sense of determination in DC since then, so I'm not sure why a cold and wet and windy road game (where MLS teams typically fair badly) would be their coming out party. I actually found the crowd to be better than normal on that rainy cold May 1 night, but crowd "effect" is so hard to gauge. I also have to remember that TFC played mostly down a man in the 4-1 loss after Harmse was sent off. They also didn't see Ricketts and Guevara.

I still think this isn't an easy game for DC to change their fortunes. If they haven't had the wherewithal to get out of that funk recently, do they have it now, against TFC at BMO??? Do they have the will to change? It's not like it'll be a nice 20 degree day on a grass field with 10000 fans in the stands (columbus), where DC can just focus on playing and nothing else.

jloome
05-21-2008, 01:26 PM
I don't think they'll be overconfident, considering that DC beat them 4-1.

I also haven't seen any sense of determination in DC since then, so I'm not sure why a cold and wet and windy road game (where MLS teams typically fair badly) would be their coming out party. I actually found the crowd to be better than normal on that rainy cold May 1 night, but crowd "effect" is so hard to gauge. I also have to remember that TFC played mostly down a man in the 4-1 loss after Harmse was sent off. They also didn't see Ricketts and Guevara.

I still think this isn't an easy game for DC. Do they have the will to change? It's not like it'll be a nice 20 degree day on a grass field with 10000 fans in the stands (columbus).

This is is, then. They either have the will for the big game and give us a real fight, or we clobber them and they're effectively done until they get a new look together.

Flipityflu
05-21-2008, 01:27 PM
well, i've just officially started my pregame ;). finally, my first game of the season when i don't have to go to work right after the match and boot to the match after work.

Cantstoptherock
05-21-2008, 01:35 PM
Mark my words everyone.
4-1

FOR THE TFC
This is our game.

I'll be happy with that.

gtaguy
05-21-2008, 01:45 PM
i see TFC continuing unbeaten.. If we can place a goal early in the match
we might be able to knock the winds and the sails off DCU.
They are a frail bunch and will be riding thier emotions high..
If TFC come into the match keeping thier heads cools and waiting for the
right opportunity to pounce on dc mistakes, we will take the three points..

We cannot allow another tie.. that would already be 6 points we'd be loosing on home games..

Dcu watchout were not the same team you beat on the 2nd game of the year this time it will be 4-1 for TFC......

invictusTFC
05-21-2008, 02:47 PM
I hope TFC brings their scoring touch tonight. It was definitely missing last game which was the only reason Columbus was able to leave here with a split of the spoils.

Angelo1405
05-21-2008, 03:07 PM
wait, i heard the game is at 2:45 or 2:30 ? and theyll show it on tv on 7:30... is this true ?

nfitz
05-21-2008, 03:42 PM
wait, i heard the game is at 2:45 or 2:30 ? and theyll show it on tv on 7:30... is this true ?No - my ticket says 7:30 pm.

dantdot
05-21-2008, 03:52 PM
wait, i heard the game is at 2:45 or 2:30 ? and theyll show it on tv on 7:30... is this true ?

Might want to lay off the sauce, of course the game is at 7:30. You're thinking of the champions league final.

footyfan
05-21-2008, 05:45 PM
I have begun drinking for this game...

anyway, some Canadian pop culture stuff here....oh and a discussion about the game...
http://blog.washingtonpost.com/soccerinsider/2008/05/matchday_dcu_at_tfc.html

NateDoGG
05-21-2008, 05:53 PM
is this the match thread or just pre and post game talk lol

TFC07
05-21-2008, 05:56 PM
Is there a website/live stream where I can watch this match?

Angelo1405
05-21-2008, 06:03 PM
Might want to lay off the sauce, of course the game is at 7:30. You're thinking of the champions league final.

ok ok cool. :o

RealG-TFC
05-21-2008, 06:07 PM
3-0 for us

Sutton will have his fair share of shots though.

woolly
05-21-2008, 08:30 PM
Dichio for Man of the Match!

footyfan
05-21-2008, 08:33 PM
well done TFC. I hate you. see you saturday.

James17930
05-21-2008, 08:39 PM
Dichio MotM wihtout a doubt. Great work tonight.

What about the fact he played the full 90 though? First time he' done that all season. Does that mean we'll only see him for around 45 on Sat.?

woolly
05-21-2008, 08:42 PM
I suspect we'll see mroe of Cunny on Sat. Three games in a week is a lot for a guy like him.

Mind you he'll give 100% until he keels over dead...

Sab0tage
05-21-2008, 08:46 PM
Huge win. I just came back from class as I had an exam, which was why I had to miss the match. I'm so happy to hear we won, hopefully we can take the second part of the home and home on Saturday.

RealG-TFC
05-21-2008, 09:10 PM
I suspect we'll see mroe of Cunny on Sat. Three games in a week is a lot for a guy like him.

Mind you he'll give 100% until he keels over dead...

Cunny and Smith on sat?

Cuchulain
05-21-2008, 09:21 PM
What was the goal like?!?

superfrankielampard
05-21-2008, 09:24 PM
I posted this in the other TFC vs DC thread, but i'll post it here as well...let me know what you think.

10 thinks I think I think....
1) Quality substitutions from Carver today at exactly the right time.
2) If we play as defensive as we did tonight (and in the last 5 games for that matter) on the road, we'll have very limited success
3) Loved Dichio's grit tonight. I know he's not the ideal man to have up front, but I'll always love having him in the squad.
4) Fred. Miss of the season?
5) If you had of told me a month ago that Marco Velez would hold off Olivier Tebily and Julius James for a starting centre-half spot, I probably would have laughed at you.
6) If toronto gets a result at DC, Sohen is toast
7) Smith did enough to earn a starting spot in place of Ricketts on Saturday
8) When was the last time Sutton made a mistake?
9) 10 minutes into the match, I was worried no one was going to show up to the match (particulary in the east stands)....but you guys did well tonight in shitty conditions.
10) We want Ameobi

rocker
05-21-2008, 09:45 PM

MLSnet.com has the video up already.
not the prettiest goal, but watch Dichio just hold off the defender with his body and get the slightest tap on the ball as both fall down, and the ball trickles into the net.

Del Boy
05-21-2008, 09:54 PM
Where was Edu tonight?
not impressed, not impressed at all.

Chevy
05-21-2008, 10:07 PM

Think caveman.

bhoybobby
05-21-2008, 10:11 PM
Great Result, the backline as killer, Frontline (DD) was magnificent (MOM)

RR has played himself off the starting 11, Edu, where are U? Robbo the glue that binds, special mention to Marshall & Brennan

camcamy
05-21-2008, 10:17 PM

I said the exact same thing after the game. He brought in the right players at the right time.

dantdot
05-21-2008, 10:29 PM
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/8436/16261a3541ef9c9a26d32f7zp8.jpg

ManUtd4ever
05-21-2008, 10:29 PM
What an incredible day of football! I left work early to watch Manchester United claim their rightful throne as UEFA champions and then I watched TFC continue their unbeaten streak from section 123 @ BMO Field tonight in a great atmosphere despite the weather conditions. The Reds have steadily become one of the premier defensive clubs in the league and will be a serious contender once a DP striker is signed...

SilverSamurai
05-21-2008, 10:35 PM
Good game.
Crowd was into it. People showed up late (as always).
Special mention goes to the massive w/ NEE!
Now if we just had a roof....

peskypetey
05-21-2008, 10:44 PM
I posted this in the other TFC vs DC thread, but i'll post it here as well...let me know what you think.

10 thinks I think I think....
2) If we play as defensive as we did tonight (and in the last 5 games for that matter) on the road, we'll have very limited success
3) Loved Dichio's grit tonight. I know he's not the ideal man to have up front, but I'll always love having him in the squad.
4) Fred. Miss of the season?
5) If you had of told me a month ago that Marco Velez would hold off Olivier Tebily and Julius James for a starting centre-half spot, I probably would have laughed at you.
6) If toronto gets a result at DC, Sohen is toast
7) Smith did enough to earn a starting spot in place of Ricketts on Saturday
8) When was the last time Sutton made a mistake?
9) 10 minutes into the match, I was worried no one was going to show up to the match (particulary in the east stands)....but you guys did well tonight in shitty conditions.
10) We want Ameobi

You're not alone on that one, I was all over velez the first few games... I'll gladly eat my words now the way he and our defence is playing.

reggie
05-21-2008, 10:52 PM
Where was Edu tonight?

big win.....edu was not good tonight...not good all season...

a.ungaro
05-21-2008, 10:53 PM
You're not alone on that one, I was all over velez the first few games... I'll gladly eat my words now the way he and our defence is playing.
i agree our D-line is very deep.. all we need is that key striker and a good substitute for guevara... i like smith for ricketts and dunivant for robert good late moves

Red CB Toronto
05-21-2008, 11:02 PM
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/8436/16261a3541ef9c9a26d32f7zp8.jpg

Great pic, love the emotion

ThunderBaby
05-22-2008, 12:11 AM
Traffic was shite getting to the game tonight, a lot happening downtown. I expect quite a few people were late. Glad to see the crowd into it in spite of the rain.

bgnewf
05-22-2008, 12:55 AM
Hey All:

Posteds this on U Sector and NEE...Great time tonight...

Hey guys...at the last minute I got a 113 and went there instead of 127. I was on the bull horn tonight and was part of the "Massive" chanting. It was fucking awesome to see and hear all of you in 127-126 represent so very very well. I will have photos tomorrow to share. It looked awesome and sounded awesome from 113!!!

Next time we need to add a slight "delay" in the massive to make sure there is time for the sound to travel from one corner of the ground to the other. We need to add 2 "Mississippi's" (i.e. count 1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi) and then reply to the other group. Remember it takes time for the sound to travel.

Postscript

Thanks to the Gate for a great night

Thanks to Lula @ the Gate for the free Scotch!!!

Thanks to Everybody in 113, especially to Zackwre for letting me get down with my bad "Bullhorn" self. For those of you not going to DC, See you on Saturday evening @ the Duke.

And thanks to Danny Dichio! Good on ya Danny...'Atta Boy!

mighty_torontofc_2008
05-22-2008, 08:40 AM
Dichio for Man of the Match!

come on get a grip, marshall again was man of the match as he help keep the defence solid again. although the lack of goal scring is of concern we are tied for last in the east in goals scored...time to bring on Cuny and rest Dichio for a while. we cant go to DC and sit back like we did in the second half at BMO that was shocking:noidea:

mighty_torontofc_2008
05-22-2008, 08:42 AM
Where was Edu tonight?

EDU is not a full fitness...which raises the question...CUNNY? get him in there anywhere. does Carver not any faith in the man at all?

Bars92
05-22-2008, 08:55 AM
Just when I thought Dichio was done. I still hope we get a bonifide striker in June.

bhoybobby
05-22-2008, 09:12 AM
EDU is not a full fitness...which raises the question...CUNNY? get him in there anywhere. does Carver not any faith in the man at all?

No, he knows he's an absolute pile of dung, that's why he doesn't play him.

He knows what Danny brings to the table, that's why he plays him DD mom

rocker
05-22-2008, 09:44 AM
who was the guy doing colour commentary for DC's broadcast last night?

funny quote from him that sounded like arnold schwarzenegger talking:

"Dichio says THANKS YOU FOR COME-ING"

KrazyKanadian
05-22-2008, 10:00 AM
Pictures are up in the Multimedia thread:
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=772

Technorgasm
05-22-2008, 10:04 AM
AND NOW YOUR GONNA BELIEVE US!
AND NOW YOUR GONNA BELIEVE US!
AND NOW YOUR GONNA BELIEVE Uuuuusss!!

WE'RE GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE!

pretty or not. . suck on that goal!! Brava, Norte and eagles. . roll up those dropped points and shove it up your collective arses.

We just stood you up on prom night, then came into your room after and buggered you with muddy boots in your bed while your mom watched.

WALK ON!

ps GAY-ARDO sucks Dick

Northern Soul
05-22-2008, 12:34 PM
Edu was horrible. Has been pretty bad all year, but absolutely horrible last night. Smith showed more in his short time on the pitch than Edu did all match. Otherwise, a very workmanlike effort in poor conditions. A win is a win, but bring on some quality strikers!

Leprechaun
05-22-2008, 02:14 PM
Best: Dichio and our Defense...especially Marshall
Worst: Ricketts and Edu had a poor game

J .
05-22-2008, 02:22 PM
Very good game, crowd was into it, nice to have the weekend warriors not there to stuff their faces and use the seats.

The massive was great and I felt 114,113,112,111 and 110 worked much better together.

I think Dichio played hard and his goal showed his value of hard working style. Maybe he is not a everyday starter if we pick a striker up, but I really like how he gives it his all and he does have some gas in the tank.

Velez and Marshall have been outstanding as of late, they shut down Emilio quite well. Velez deserves his starting role and I think the fans getting behind him will only get him going more. He clearly loves it and is another guy out there giving 110%.

Sutton is on fire and arguably one of the best keepers right now. I hope he buys Marshall and Velez dinner because those guys have helped him out a lot. Still, another clean sheet and a well deserved one (top save vs. Fred for sure)

I hope this momentum will carry us to a win vs DC on Saturday, if we can secure those points and win the season series with DC that will be huge.