PDA

View Full Version : B.Knight: A dazzler in darkness

denime
10-06-2008, 06:01 AM
Knight: A dazzler in darkness

Memo to Toronto FC: Get MLS to schedule you a game next year – and every year – against New York on October 4.
For the second-straight fourth day of the first full month of fall, your Toronto Football Club ended a lengthy winless streak by gulping down 11 flat cans of New York Energy Drink.

READ MORE (http://www.reportonbusiness.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20081005.WBsoccerblog20081005105825/WBStory/WBsoccerblog)

Fort York Redcoat
10-06-2008, 07:14 AM
Fun to read.

The Torontos :lol:- some one is gonna say it might as well be me.

Nerepis
10-06-2008, 07:24 AM
Oh, it feels so good to read glowing articles about your team on a Monday morning, makes a great start to the week.

But WTF:

Yes, I'm very aware I've been all over the Torontos lately. I've said Mo Johnston's season-long roster rebuild is a bust...

Then again great phrase "Pop Can..."

The pass was so perfect, Wynne was free to kick in his considerable jets. I don't know what amazed me more: his acceleration, or his absolutely perfect 50-yard dribble. He was so fast, so dangerous, that every Pop Can defender still in the play – including their goaltender – was forced out wide to converge on him.

Ben Knight
10-06-2008, 07:27 AM
There was a trend amoug American sportswriters in the late 19th century to call baseball teams after their cities. "Torontos, Detroits, Chicagos." I like it -- and TFC doesn't exactly have a nickname to play with.

Cambridge_Red
10-06-2008, 07:49 AM
Clever article! Well written. Just.."And while I still believe the only part of “playoff” this team is going to see is the last six letters" You mean 3 letters right?

Ben Knight
10-06-2008, 07:59 AM
No. The last six. "Layoff."

Cambridge_Red
10-06-2008, 08:01 AM
touche :)

Wooster_TFC
10-06-2008, 08:18 AM
No. The last six. "Layoff."

Ben, you may want to fix the whole "note" section, since it was Robinson who slid and knocked the ball to Dichio, who did the head flick to get the ball to Wynne. Great play though.

flatpicker
10-06-2008, 08:38 AM
Ben, you may want to fix the whole "note" section, since it was Robinson who slid and knocked the ball to Dichio, who did the head flick to get the ball to Wynne. Great play though.

and you may want to fix your post because I'm pretty sure it was Dichio's foot that flicked that ball on to Wynne.

;)

Fort York Redcoat
10-06-2008, 08:45 AM
There was a trend amoug American sportswriters in the late 19th century to call baseball teams after their cities. "Torontos, Detroits, Chicagos." I like it -- and TFC doesn't exactly have a nickname to play with.

I know. How many times can one say the Reds. Go on keep it in the arsenal. Just don't expect me to say it aloud.;)

Ben Knight
10-06-2008, 08:52 AM
I've actually used it a bunch of times. And I don't expect anybody to "use" anything I write ... ever.

(But it's cool with me if you do.)

:-)

Wooster_TFC
10-06-2008, 01:21 PM
and you may want to fix your post because I'm pretty sure it was Dichio's foot that flicked that ball on to Wynne.

;)

Man you are right, how I could have missed that gaff I have no idea. Still a great flick and needs to be commended.