PDA

View Full Version : Roadblocks to bringing DeRo home.

Hustle
10-05-2008, 12:52 AM
Through a mutual friend, I was at a party tonight and was chatting someone VERY close to D-Ro. I told him how much support there is by supporters to bring D-Ro to TFC. He told me Dwayne would love to play for TFC, but there are two barriers.
1. A GRASS SURFACE.
2. MO brokering a sufficient deal.

Take it for what it's worth...but for me just more proof positive that we need to put Massive pressure on ML$E to solve the first problem THIS off season. We got the money....make it fuckin happen.
:canada:

Cashcleaner
10-05-2008, 01:11 AM
Nothing really coming outta left field with that one. I think he'd really like to play for Toronto, but he's got a good deal at Houston and he won't come here just for the heck of it.

nascarguy
10-05-2008, 07:01 AM
grass is coming soon the city just does not to to wast money on the same shity grass like mtl did. They need to look around

TFCREDNWHITE
10-05-2008, 09:25 AM
honestly i'd rather have tfc spend 4/5 million on somebody else...

JDG
10-05-2008, 09:35 AM
The Mayor suggested we'd have grass for next season. It's not out of the question, but it is unlikley to happen that quickly.
If the turf is that big of an issue for De Ro, then everyone here needs to look at his age, and conclude that we don't want to keep calling for him. He'll be too old to make the same impact he does now.
If grass is the dealbreaker, and we don't get it for two or three years, De Ro will likely have lost his speed and competitive edge, and would only be coming here for the paycheck, and to be playing in front of family & friends.

Now or never is what I want.

I know he would be great here, but he just doesn't want it badly enough.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
10-05-2008, 10:28 AM

on DERO??

How could we even justify paying someone that when he dosent even get DP money on his own team....DERO salary is something like $350GRAND a season is it not??

Id love DERO..dont get me wrong and he would fill a huge hole!!...but if he did come here.....would it be at the cost of a DP spot salary??....

Redcoe15
10-05-2008, 10:56 AM
It would be great to see DeRo come home. But seriously, does anyone think Houston would want to give up on him?

nascarguy
10-05-2008, 11:21 AM
i say pay him 500k or 600k that is not dp money to me

Canary Canuck
10-05-2008, 11:45 AM
He made specific mention of the grass when asked about a move to Toronto in an interview on the CBC broadcast with the dumbass redhead lady

Jack
10-05-2008, 12:12 PM
I'm not sure if dumping a bunch of money on a hometown hero who's possibly starting on the downslope of his career is the best plan.

If he comes next year, fine, but in two or three years, I don't think he'd be woryth it. I don't know if he's DP-worthy, but he'd sure be great to have.

And I absolutely would love to have him on our team. Just trying to use my head instead of my heart here.

kdzb
10-05-2008, 12:15 PM
These excuses of the grass and stuff are starting to get old now.
With MONEY everything can be done. I think if TFC pays DeRo 600k, he will come.
All we have to do is pay him 350k under the salary cap and 250k from MLSE pockets and he will come without being a DP.
Remember Soccer is a sport and business at the same time. All these quality footballers will come with the right amount of money. Everything depends on trader MO and how generous he is in putting th money on the table to acquire quality players.
Everything is possible with money...Do you think Robinho will go to Man City if there was the same money on the table from Man United, Arsenal, Chelsea?

Oblio2
10-05-2008, 12:24 PM
I feel that poeple are saying that there will be grass to appease us but the reality is, they dont reallt care right now.....You heard Anselmi say that it wasn't a big issue.
I wish it was and it's fucking bullshit the players we've lost and lost out on because of this.....Make this shit happen MLSE/City

Fort York Redcoat
10-06-2008, 07:19 AM
I don't think the offer will be a problem. It's fact that the majority want him home, Houston will let him go after such a succesful stint with the club, and the grass is something he mentions constantly.

My question is now it seems more likely Toronto will get a grass traning pitch. Would that be suffecient for DeRo next year. I agree he doesn't have many years at this level left.

Gobi
10-06-2008, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFCREDNWHITE http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?p=212825#post212825)

on DERO??

Clarity.

TFCREDNWHITE
10-06-2008, 11:27 AM
I'm not sure if dumping a bunch of money on a hometown hero who's possibly starting on the downslope of his career is the best plan.

If he comes next year, fine, but in two or three years, I don't think he'd be woryth it. I don't know if he's DP-worthy, but he'd sure be great to have.

And I absolutely would love to have him on our team. Just trying to use my head instead of my heart here.

Exactly! I would spend around 300,000 per year on his Salary but thats about it. and i wouldn't just stop there, i would still bring in a Worldwide Superstar for the DP Slot!