PDA

View Full Version : TFC are a bunch of cheaters

Shakes McQueen
10-04-2008, 10:11 PM
According to a commenter on Ives' matchday blog.

Have fun with this one:

Before anyone (TFC fans) jumps down my throat and says I'm making excuses, trust me that I am not. While I do have my opinions on the ref tonight, we got beat. Outplayed, and beaten.
Having gotten that out of the way, the diving and cheating by TFC were dispicable. By my count 4 times the game was STOPPED for an injured TFC player, only for that player to IMMEDIATELY return to the game. This includes Guevara WHO WAS CARRIED OFF ON A STRETCHER. In addition there were three additional instances of faking injuries by a combination of Barrett and Dichio.
This is absolutely pathetic. The TFC coaches are on the sidelines IRATELY screaming at the referee to let players back on that moments ago "couldn't" get up, much less walk.
This isn't on the fans at all, but TFC disgusts me. I haven't seen such a blatant and disgusting display of cheating in this league, EVER. I see it all the time against the USA by various CONCACAF teams, but come on.
TFC won...and they played better. But I now view them as a pathetic bunch of cheaters. My keyboard doesn't enable me to describe just how disgusted I am by them, especially since the manager was wholeheartedly supporting it all night.
The only consolation I have is that their manager stared me down and appeared to say something to me eventually when I pointed out he was the biggest cheater on the pitch.
The win was deserved...but there is absolutely no excuse for that classless and pathetic behavior. None whatsoever. I'd be ashamed to support that team. Ashamed.
P.S. For the wisenheimers about to pipe up...no, the Red Bulls didn't have any such instance of that behavior tonight. No fake injuries, and NO PLAYER stayed down on the pitch. Because they weren't hurt. Just like none of the TFC players were hurt, but hey they have no class.

Have fun with this pile of drivel, and remember - you don't have to register to comment on SBI. :D

- Scott

Oblio2
10-04-2008, 10:16 PM
bahahahahahhahahahahhahahahha

twistedchinaman
10-04-2008, 10:32 PM
And they say we have no class...that was class.

(/dripping sarcasm)

Hooligan69
10-04-2008, 10:34 PM
Thanks for the laughs.

:lol:

starrynightnf
10-04-2008, 10:47 PM
hahahaha:smilielol5:

Laurignano
10-04-2008, 11:05 PM
lol oh ives...

Lucky Strike
10-04-2008, 11:06 PM
Lol obviously he was in attendance, but not paying attention...or at the wrong stadium.

ricciboy
10-04-2008, 11:13 PM
wow...

netsan
10-05-2008, 12:10 AM
There were a few NYRB players that were shot out of cannons tonight.

CretanBull
10-05-2008, 12:19 AM
TFC cheated, like when Guevara got hit with a foot-up cleet exposed hit from behind that would have been an instant red-card in any other league in the world....

ccopela
10-05-2008, 12:29 AM
I am in no way defending this guy but I see where he's coming from. Especially when talking about Guevara. He obviously embellished his injury, sure he was probably hurt but not to the extent that he made it out to be considering he was able to continue, but that's what you get with him I guess. It was definitely an ugly challenge by Angel though. The other injuries for the most part seemed legit. Especially Harmse and Robinson, clearly they were injured and play needed to be stopped.

This guys obviously just pissed off cause his team lost but I agree with him that Guevara is one to be very liberal with the rules. I don't want to say cheater because that's how central american players are brought up to play the game but it pisses me off and he's on the team I support.

UltraSuperMegaMo
10-05-2008, 12:33 AM
In case you haven’t noticed, everyone on the team your team is playing against dives. It’s just a matter of perspective.

CretanBull
10-05-2008, 12:37 AM
I am in no way defending this guy but I see where he's coming from. Especially when talking about Guevara. He obviously embellished his injury, sure he was probably hurt but not to the extent that he made it out to be considering he was able to continue, but that's what you get with him I guess. It was definitely an ugly challenge by Angel though. The other injuries for the most part seemed legit. Especially Harmse and Robinson, clearly they were injured and play needed to be stopped.

This guys obviously just pissed off cause his team lost but I agree with him that Guevara is one to be very liberal with the rules. I don't want to say cheater because that's how central american players are brought up to play the game but it pisses me off and he's on the team I support.

He was hit from begind with exposed cleets, NOTHING he did was an embellishment and it's an embarassment to the league that the play only resulted in a yellow.

UltraSuperMegaMo
10-05-2008, 12:43 AM
I think the ref. only gave Angel a yellow because there did not seem to be a lot of intent in his actions. That and his reputation as a clean player probably helped him out.

CretanBull
10-05-2008, 12:48 AM
^ by the rules, intent is irrelevant. 1) You can't hit a player from behind. 2) You can't tackle a player with your cleets exposed. Angel broke 2 rules in one play, each one of them are red card offenses on their own. Somehow, he walked away with a yellow.

UltraSuperMegaMo
10-05-2008, 01:04 AM
I know that intent shouldn’t officially enter into refereeing decisions, but it does all the time. Barrett’s shove on Goldthwaite seemed equally dangerous to me, but he only got a yellow too.

yellowfellow
10-05-2008, 01:56 AM
I agree TFC are cheaters!!! Barrett shouldn't have scored the first goal. I mean, we are all humans and we make mistakes. Give the guy a chance. Second goal? It was clearly hand ball! WTF!! Third goal? That kid shouldn't be playing...he is under age!
That's right, NYRB...You got scored on by a 17 year old. Boo yeah!

yellowfellow
10-05-2008, 01:57 AM
you know what's funny...after Richard stepped on Harmse's hand, his teammate Van Bergh wanted to keep playing...very classy, New York Red Boobies...

ahhahahhaha, their jersey look like it has a pair of red boobies...

Keystone FC
10-05-2008, 02:35 AM
Only 4 times the game was stopped? That's pretty good, the league average is about...what ...6. Yeah, he's just pissed his club lost and is on the edge of not making the playoffs if the NYRB (who are shite) continue to play in this manner.
On a side note: I will be sooooo happy when Red Bull Park (which is shite?) is done. I can't stand those NFL lines and the logos on the field. At least Gillette removes the lines for the Revs.

nascarguy
10-05-2008, 07:27 AM
Ives Galarcep is a washed up has been

Shakes McQueen
10-05-2008, 07:33 AM
Ives Galarcep is a washed up has been

It wasn't Ives saying TFC were cheaters. It was a commenter on his blog.

- Scott

Draracle
10-05-2008, 09:16 AM
cheating? someone is bitter. I think cheating gets you a punch in the face from Carver -- probably the real reason Ruiz can't walk right now.

The only cheating I saw was the restraint of the ref on the Guevara tackle -- that was beyond dangerous. Can you imagine if that tackle game in on the side of the leg? It could end a career.

Azerban
10-05-2008, 10:43 AM
you know what's funny...after Richard stepped on Harmse's hand, his teammate Van Bergh wanted to keep playing...very classy, New York Red Boobies...

Or when Robinson went down after the head collision and they were fine with continuing their attack. Head injuries are one of the few things you're supposed to stop play for no matter what you cunts. Fuck off.

TorCanSoc
10-05-2008, 11:22 AM
Oh when Parke elbowed Robbo from behind, then followed up with a blatant knee to a already injured man's head. That wasn't ugly at all, nosiree.

TorCanSoc
10-05-2008, 11:23 AM
Oh and yes. It was not Ives. He's a quality reporter.

nascarguy
10-05-2008, 11:30 AM
It wasn't Ives saying TFC were cheaters. It was a commenter on his blog.

- Scotteven if it was not Ives that said it I still do not think he is that great

Torcida
10-05-2008, 02:18 PM

You obviously haven't played much football.

nascarguy
10-05-2008, 03:34 PM
TFC cheated, like when Guevara got hit with a foot-up cleet exposed hit from behind that would have been an instant red-card in any other league in the world....

but you forgot this league & the refs are a big joke it's never going to change if we did not stand up and call them out

NateDoGG
10-05-2008, 03:39 PM
holy fuckin shit, was this guy actually playin in the match? he is fuckin blind then
what a pathetic shot at tfc, pure and fuckin simple.

nascarguy
10-05-2008, 03:43 PM
I think the ref. only gave Angel a yellow because there did not seem to be a lot of intent in his actions. That and his reputation as a clean player probably helped him out.
I do not care if you think he is a clean player go back and read the rule book

^ by the rules, intent is irrelevant. 1) You can't hit a player from behind. 2) You can't tackle a player with your cleets exposed. Angel broke 2 rules in one play, each one of them are red card offenses on their own. Somehow, he walked away with a yellow.

Cambridge_Red
10-05-2008, 03:59 PM
HAHAHAHAHA. In other news a river has been formed by the tears of NYRB supporters who have realized their playoff hopes are fucked.

Sonny Cheeba
10-05-2008, 04:26 PM
yeah TFC are cheaters, MLSE are part of the Russian Mafia and are favourites of Chinese gambling syndicates.

oh and refs love us.

douchebag.

GhostPK
10-05-2008, 04:33 PM

Dude, try taking a downward striking cleat to the back of an exposed knee/upper calf at game speed and try telling me you'd keep playing like u only got bumped. From home, it looked like Angel "stomped" downward with his cleat on geuvara's leg. Im not saying it was intentional, but dude, anyone who plays even rec footy knows the implications. I was genuinely scared for geuvara after the replay. Im just glad he was able to come back onto the pitch. The challange probably caused a cramp in the calf.

bangersandmash
10-05-2008, 05:43 PM
Is this guy referring this episode of guevara cheating?

http://www.mls-rumors.net/2008/10/photo-new-york-supporters-throw-bottle.html

it wonder if the ives poster threw the bottle himself!

BuSaPuNk
10-05-2008, 06:14 PM
Yeah it was Ives that threw the bottle, that wanker!! The dam announcers were no better in that game. When Robbo got in the head collision and went down they just kept going on with the game. No mention that the shite bulls should put the ball out to touch so that Robbo can get some treatment. Mabey next time they should get people that know something about the game and not wannabe baseball announcers.

Roogsy
10-05-2008, 06:15 PM
I disagree. It was one of the better games I had seen with US commentators. They at least tried to be impartial and did mention that the play should have stopped when Robbo got hurt. If it wasn't for the constant promoting of Red Bulls tickets, I would have said they pretty neutral.

BuSaPuNk
10-05-2008, 06:27 PM
Yeah the colour commentator wasn't too bad. The play by play guy made it seem like the Shite Bulls could do no wrong.

JonO
10-05-2008, 07:08 PM
I liked the fact that one of the commentators discussed how underrated robbo is, and how few DMs there are in the league he would pick over robbo...

Roogsy
10-05-2008, 07:20 PM
^Several times.

I_AM_CANADIAN
10-05-2008, 07:48 PM
Dude, article comments have to be the biggest repository of pure stupid in the entire world after Youtube comments. Two of our players went down because they were shoved from behind into the ad boards, Barrett went down with what looked like cramps and from what I recall Guevara was the victim of a sloppy challenge... This guy has no clue what the f*ck he's on about.

Fort York Redcoat
10-06-2008, 07:30 AM
I liked the fact that one of the commentators discussed how underrated robbo is, and how few DMs there are in the league he would pick over robbo...

Then moments later he said practically the same thing about Goldwaithe.:rolleyes:

Dude was clueless most of the time.

TA RAN TOW is looking good.

A total homerfest on MSG. what ever. Their stats don't look so lopsided now...

Lucky Strike
10-06-2008, 07:53 AM
For my part, for the first time I wasn't scooping your my eardrums with a spoon, the MSG commentators were good. Not perfect, but good.

Fort York Redcoat
10-06-2008, 07:56 AM
For my part, for the first time I wasn't scooping your my eardrums with a spoon, the MSG commentators were good. Not perfect, but good.

I'm glad you enjoyed it but I thought I was watching football and listening to basketball...or an auction.

James17930
10-06-2008, 10:38 AM
Amado was obviously hurt -- I mean, yeah, that would friggin hurt -- but he was also obviously embellishing. He was rolling around like was shot.

And yes, Dichio did go down once where it was an obvious dive.

But every other time -- Harmse getting his hand stepped on, Robbo getting his head knocked, whomever it was getting stomped on by Parke -- were all legit injuries.

Lucky Strike
10-06-2008, 11:38 AM
I'm glad you enjoyed it but I thought I was watching football and listening to basketball...or an auction.

Well the pointy ball lines aren't the commentators' fault: if you ask them, I'm sure they'd say they'd like them gone too.

As for the rest, the constant advertising and what not, that too is annoying but again, the commentators have an obligation to the network to do these things.

It's similar to when you watch a match on "The Score" when they have to do that update with the little window or whatever it's called: they don't want to but it's a CRTC obligation (or something like that).

So I guess what I'm saying is that when you take these things away and focus on the commentary only, it wasn't horrible. Not like the Houston game, they were the biggest ignorami (or is it ignoramuses?) out there. They were better off commenting on a kite-flying tournament.

But, I'm glad you're glad for me. :D

Zidane10
10-06-2008, 01:04 PM
So I guess what I'm saying is that when you take these things away and focus on the commentary only, it wasn't horrible. Not like the Houston game, they were the biggest ignorami (or is it ignoramuses?) out there. They were better off commenting on a kite-flying tournament.

lol:D
Not only does the MLS need Designated Players, they also need Designated Refs and Commentators.

ricciboy
10-11-2008, 10:13 AM
what thats a bunch of crap

koryo
10-11-2008, 10:55 AM
pot...kettle...black...

jloome
10-11-2008, 11:02 AM
even if it was not Ives that said it I still do not think he is that great

How the fuck would you know? Have you ever had a conversation with the guy? Could you develop a blog into a viable financial alternative to a full-time reporting job? Could you write a decent lede, keep on top of multiple stories a day and figure out how to keep dozens of people reading?

Boy, that was asshole statement. The guy spends 24-fucking-7 working at a gig that, believe me, does not pay a huge amount of money, to provide MLS fans with coverage we get basically nowhere else.

jloome
10-11-2008, 11:04 AM

That was Shep Messing, who cohosts the weekly show on MLSnet with Greg Lalas. I disagree with most of what he says, but he was very complimentary of Robinson and at one point called him "maybe the best holding midfielder in the league."

Cambridge_Red
10-11-2008, 11:20 AM
How the fuck would you know? Have you ever had a conversation with the guy? Could you develop a blog into a viable financial alternative to a full-time reporting job? Could you write a decent lede, keep on top of multiple stories a day and figure out how to keep dozens of people reading?

Boy, that was asshole statement. The guy spends 24-fucking-7 working at a gig that, believe me, does not pay a huge amount of money, to provide MLS fans with coverage we get basically nowhere else.

Chill, it's his opinion. Be it not a good one he's entitled to one. :D

Blizzard
10-11-2008, 01:59 PM

Ives is top notch. Sure there will be times when we don't like what he has to say but that doesn't make him any the less credible a source IMO.

I hope he stays at it for many years!

AL-MO
10-11-2008, 02:06 PM

2 words...CHILL....OUT...

Thanks.