10-04-2008, 08:31 PM
Nice 3-1 road win.

have at it.

JDG
10-04-2008, 08:33 PM
Oh The Red Bulls are SHITE!!!!

Beach_Red
10-04-2008, 08:35 PM
And DC lost tonight. Now if KC can lose tomorrow....

H Bomb
10-04-2008, 08:35 PM
today we are a bunch of winners

JDG
10-04-2008, 08:36 PM
today we are a bunch of winners

So much better than Whiners :D

LucaGol
10-04-2008, 08:37 PM
Forget away win ... did we just score 3 goals in one match????

Nuvinho
10-04-2008, 08:37 PM
wooooohoooooooo!!!!

Lucky Strike
10-04-2008, 08:38 PM
So much better than Whiners :D

Or wieners...

Roogsy
Not gonna say anything other than I am going to go make love to my wife and call this the greatest night I've had in months.

I am happy for the team.

Happy for the roadwarriors who made the trip down.

Happy for my johnson.

I hope this sets the tone for a positive week on these boards. Our hopes for a playoff spot are still extremely thin...but at least we are showing some life.

Good night fellas.

DowntownTO
Now that we know what winning feels like... let's get some MORE!!!

twistedchinaman
10-04-2008, 08:39 PM

I think we did!

Someone please hit me with something, I think I'm dreaming...:D

OH THE RED CRAPS ARE SHIIIIIIIITE!

TFC Cityboy
10-04-2008, 08:39 PM
May I refer you to my pre-match prediction on the match thread??...

"fizzy drinks 1 TFC 3 prediction...no I've not been drinking"

Chevy
10-04-2008, 08:40 PM
OH.....

justin
3 goals and an away win...wait...what?

Nuvinho
We just got our 8th win of the season, surpassing last year's total!!

Damien
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e316/OC01/Kool-AidMan.jpg

Hooligan69
OH THE RED BULLS ARE SHITE!

This is such a glorious, glorious day. We killed the scum on their own ground.

Detroit_TFC
Fuck me dead. This is like finding a $100 bill in the street.

twistedchinaman
Not gonna say anything other than I am going to go make love to my wife and call this the greatest night I've had in months.

I am happy for the team.

Happy for my johnson.

I hope this sets the tone for a positive week on these boards. Our hopes for a playoff spot are still extremely thin...but at least we are showing some life.

Good night fellas.

^ Even if we wanted one, it'd be like building the Canadian Pacific. But hey, this win is like getting to Winnipeg.

JDG
Marvell Wynne - Marvell Wynne - Marvell Wynne!!!

Oh The Year was 2 double aught 8..... The Last of Barretts Privateers!

Marc"2L"
Soooo Fucking Shite!!!

Lucky Strike
10-04-2008, 08:41 PM
We just got our 8th win of the season, surpassing last year's total!!

Actually we had 6 last year. 6-17-7.

Chevy
....attached to a naked woman...

Phil

QFT JDG :D

Ageroo

haha....you know something...I think that is even better than the away win.....good to see them put 3 away...nice passing , crossing, finishing and countering!

twistedchinaman

I'd say a 100 euro bill and you've got it.

Batman
10-04-2008, 08:42 PM

I am happy for the team.

Happy for my johnson.

Good night fellas.

I've heard of calling your shots, but this is ridiculous! ;.)

kuku
10-04-2008, 08:42 PM
one word: WOW!

Nuvinho
10-04-2008, 08:43 PM
Actually we had 6 last year. 6-17-7.

my bad, for some reason I thought we had 7.

Hooligan69
10-04-2008, 08:44 PM
Oh The Dead Bulls Are Shite!

denime
Everything is going our way DC lost, Real S.L. tied after leading 2-0,Galaxy lost and Houston is leading already 1-0 vs Colorado. Sweet dreams tonight

Boondaddy
HAPPY DAYS!!! I love thrashing shite teams with shite players! dirty fucks....so many emotions right now!

Oldtimer
Where was this team all season?

Great result.

Azerban
Guys, earlier I made a post that insinuated that the Red Bulls were not complete fucking shite. In fact, I said that they were in fact better than us. This was a falsehood. Top scientists, including myself, have examined the most recent data, and it turns out that not only are the Red Bulls shite, but a level of shite unmeasured thus far in the history of modern soccer.

Also, the Red Bulls are shite.

denime
10-04-2008, 08:46 PM
Shit Colorado tied,oh well.still 83 minutes left.

denime
10-04-2008, 08:46 PM
Houston 2:1 wow 8 minutes played 3 goals.

wzhxvy
10-04-2008, 08:47 PM
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaa aaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwww

twistedchinaman
10-04-2008, 08:48 PM
Guys, earlier I made a post that insinuated that the Red Bulls were not complete fucking shite. In fact, I said that they were in fact better than us. This was a falsehood. Top scientists, including myself, have examined the most recent data, and it turns out that not only are the Red Bulls shite, but a level of shite unmeasured thus far in the history of modern soccer.

Also, the Red Bulls are shite.

We shall forgive you for that gross misgiving...you know we do. :D

Roogsy
I've heard of calling your shots, but this is ridiculous! ;.)

Just thought I'd also mention my wife went out to get me some take-out dinner on top of everything else.

Yeah....I am not even lying.

I wasn't kidding when I said "Greatest Night in Months". :hump:

woolly
Waht a match that was... A anil biter down to the last 10 mnutes.

Since noone else has proffered a candidate- Marvell Wynn for MOM for that outstanding run down the field.

GuelphStorm2007
10-04-2008, 08:49 PM
Excellent performannce tonite. Sutton was very solid when he had to be. The Backline was solid. Carl Robinson proved why he may be the best Hold ing Midfielder in MLS. And course Marvel Wynne was my MVP.

twistedchinaman
10-04-2008, 08:54 PM
Excellent performannce tonite. Sutton was very solid when he had to be. The Backline was solid. Carl Robinson proved why he may be the best Hold ing Midfielder in MLS. And course Marvel Wynne was my MVP.

^ If this team showed up oh...about ten games ago, wonder where we'd be?

Dub Narcotic
10-04-2008, 08:54 PM
One of the best wins in TFC history.

Heathen
10-04-2008, 08:58 PM

Since noone else has proffered a candidate- Marvell Wynn for MOM for that outstanding run down the field.

no one's mentioned Dichio's flick to Wynne, that was :cool:

Nerepis
10-04-2008, 08:58 PM
Great, Great Game. Simply Brilliant. I'm nominating Greg Sutton Man of the Match. Wynn's Run was incredible. Lovely finishing touch tonight by Barrett on both his goals. Ibby did it just like the coaches teach you "head it down Lad," all around a great game by the whole team.
:party:

Azerban
10-04-2008, 08:59 PM

how can no one mention that

dichios flicks have been pure solid gold all game

Lucky Strike
MoM for me is a three-way tie between Sutton, Wynne and Barrett. Even though Dichio was instrumental in the first two goals.

Blizzard

I mentioned it in game thread. It was superb! I wish all our players had his smarts and touch!

loconet
Where was this team all season?

Great result.

As much as I would like to say this was a different team, it wasn't. Yes, the team played with a bit more balls and heart, that's what got us the win against a NY making big mistakes during critical moments. Don't get me wrong, I think we are playing better each game but there is still work to be done. We were lucky with this one in IMO - we had a very scrappy 2nd half. The mindless long balls from the defenders and back of the midfield are still there, very little play building. We are always gambling with long passes hoping that one of our players receives them. 90% of the time it's off target or the receiving player can't bring it under control. Very frustrating to see possession wasted like that constantly. A different team would have grilled us.

A win away from home is refreshing though. I'll take it.:D

Lucky Strike
10-04-2008, 09:01 PM
The Crapids involved in another goal fest.

Heathen
10-04-2008, 09:01 PM
I mentioned it in game thread. It was superb! I wish all our players had his smarts and touch!

good, maybe we should give that flick its own thread :cool:

Shakes McQueen
10-04-2008, 09:02 PM
A different team would have grilled us.

From a different league, maybe. This is MLS baby, haha.

A slaughter on the road. I will take it too. :D

- Scott

wzhxvy

Dont knock anal biting man...:-)

twistedchinaman
As much as I would like to say this was a different team, it wasn't. Yes, the team played with a bit more balls and heart, that's what got us the win against a NY making big mistakes during critical moments. Don't get me wrong, I think we are playing better each game but there is still work to be done. We were lucky with this one in IMO - we had a very scrappy 2nd half. The mindless long balls from the defenders and back of the midfield are still there, very little play building. We are always gambling with long passes hoping that one of our players receives them. 90% of the time it's off target or the receiving player can't bring it under control. Very frustrating to see possession wasted like that constantly. A different team would have grilled us.

A win away from home is refreshing though. I'll take it.:D

^ There were a few imperfections, but today is just a start.

Blizzard
10-04-2008, 09:05 PM

Yes, yes we should! :hump:

TFC Cityboy
10-04-2008, 09:09 PM
All the lads played out of their skins tonight. I'm chuffed that we won but equally wondering where the fuck this team has been since July....we could have made the palyoffs by now without the slide.
Win 3 from 3 and we'll see what happens....fingers crossed anyway after a crackin' result.

BuSaPuNk
10-04-2008, 09:14 PM
Let the flood gates open!!! Here comes the redsea!! LETS GO REDS!!

Beach_Red
10-04-2008, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathen http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?p=212480#post212480)

Yes, yes we should! :hump:

As long as we don't give anal biting its own thread.

NewcastleFan
10-04-2008, 09:18 PM
we deserved this win

andyc
10-04-2008, 09:19 PM
...equally wondering where the fuck this team has been since July....we could have made the palyoffs by now without the slide.

One of the big differences is a healthy Dichio. His flicks, touches and general awareness just makes us sooo much more dangerous.

That and actually putting away our chances!

Bluenose13
10-04-2008, 09:22 PM

I am happy for the team.

Happy for my johnson.

Good night fellas.Enjoy :hump::hump::hump::hump:

zeelaw
10-04-2008, 09:23 PM
Awesome Awesome Awesome...

Awesome Awesome Awesome

Jack
10-04-2008, 09:27 PM
One of the big differences is a healthy Dichio. His flicks, touches and general awareness just makes us sooo much more dangerous.

I just came here to post about this.

His influence cannot be underestimated.

It brings so much more balance to our team when he's on his game.

I know he's not the greatest player, or the most skilled. But he makes our team work.

Plain and simple.

TFC Cityboy
10-04-2008, 09:28 PM

yer not wrong, mate

TFC Cityboy
10-04-2008, 09:28 PM
hey, Jack..how many road warriors made the trip?

Boondaddy
10-04-2008, 09:34 PM

I mentioned it ages ago!! right after it happened....:rolleyes:

Jack
10-04-2008, 09:37 PM
hey, Jack..how many road warriors made the trip?
I don't know what the final total is.

I'm not there :(

dag
10-04-2008, 09:40 PM
Damn it. I turn the channel to see the lads playing the New York Football Giants, and think to myself - "No, I can't bear to watch this appalling excuse for a pitch." I go out a realise I just missed a 3-1 victory.

:mad5:

Axeman
10-04-2008, 09:47 PM
I cant believe I'm saying this but Dichio is so underrated, yeah he's not the quickest but helped immensely throughout the game, I hope we bring him back for next year.
Brennan, Robbo, Guevara and especially Barrett were great tonight!
I really hate it when the nay sayers say that "this team isn't even close" I think tonight proved how far away we are.
And if you dont like John Carver you havent been watching!
JC, one of the best things to happen to our franchise!

Maple Leaf Red
10-04-2008, 09:48 PM
What a game. That Wynne run (set up by a great flick) was brilliant. The cross to Ibby by Smith was a beauty and Barrett's finishes were cool, calm, and collected. Maybe he realized he doesn't have to slam the ball at every opportunity.

Also, almost every other result has gone TFC's way.

SEXYGREEKMALE
10-04-2008, 09:54 PM
1 down, 3 more to go!

OneLoveOneEric
10-04-2008, 10:03 PM
Unreal. What a win.

Red Skies At Night
10-04-2008, 10:05 PM
The first game in TFC history that I did not watch... and I come back to a win and the teamed scored three goals... and it's on the road? Am I in a parallel universe?

That's it, I'm never watching another TFC game again! (We may just go undefeated and win the league, the supporters shield and the CCL)

Jack
10-04-2008, 10:05 PM
I cant believe I'm saying this but Dichio is so underrated, yeah he's not the quickest but helped immensely throughout the game, I hope we bring him back for next year.
Brennan, Robbo, Guevara and especially Barrett were great tonight!
I really hate it when the nay sayers say that "this team isn't even close" I think tonight proved how far away we are.
And if you dont like John Carver you havent been watching!
JC, one of the best things to happen to our franchise!

Don't get too far ahead of yourself.

The Red Bulls are on a slide as well.

We weren't perfect.

Dichio made a big difference up front by bringing some balance and his experience and his skills certainly mesh well with what we want to do, when he's on his game.

But I don't think we're close. If we were close, we wouldn't be second last in the league.

Even the bad teams have good games. We still have a lot of work to do.

Maple Leaf Red
10-04-2008, 10:07 PM
^^^^^ Boooooooo! :)

Jack
10-04-2008, 10:10 PM
^^^^^ Boooooooo! :)

Don't get me wrong, I'm very pleased by the game tonight.

But I'm not going to fool myself either.

Maple Leaf Red
10-04-2008, 10:11 PM

Me neither long-term but for at least the next hour or so this team is about to make a run to the title!

ACSertL
10-04-2008, 10:13 PM

Its true...we were the better team, but hardly a perfect game.

Still guilty of giving the ball away too cheaply and Harmse was completely torched on the goal by Richards.

With that said I am over the moon that we took the 3 points tonight. :D

Axeman
10-04-2008, 10:22 PM
Don't get too far ahead of yourself.

The Red Bulls are on a slide as well.

We weren't perfect.

Dichio made a big difference up front by bringing some balance and his experience and his skills certainly mesh well with what we want to do, when he's on his game.

But I don't think we're close. If we were close, we wouldn't be second last in the league.

Even the bad teams have good games. We still have a lot of work to do.
You cant expect instant results, I believe what we saw was John Carver and the team in general meshing and becoming a team. I dont think I'm getting ahead of myself for thinking this is the results of JC's and the team's hard work.
The revolving door of players, injuries, coach's first season, you cant expect to be great overnight but I think we all just saw real improvement.
(I know RSL ain't that good but we were tonight!)

ricciboy
10-04-2008, 10:27 PM

Richard D
10-04-2008, 10:28 PM
Lets give it up for Roogsey's johnson!

iansmcl
10-04-2008, 10:36 PM
Everything about that second goal was great. The Robinson tackle... the Dichio flick (which was incredible)... Wynne torching the guy trying to mark him, while running with the ball and then making a great pass... and the fact that Barret was not Jeff Cunningham.

The cross on the third goal was great, too. Johann needs more time on the pitch! And we need to sing my Ibrahim song! ;)

NateDoGG
10-04-2008, 10:39 PM
great win!!! GREAT WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh man that was our match 100%
that angel is a diry mother fucker too
what a wanker

starrynightnf
10-04-2008, 10:40 PM
omg, I was out at a friend's 40th birthday party and missed the match. I just got in and we won, 3-1?? and I missed it? crap. But YAY! :D

TFC Cityboy
10-04-2008, 10:41 PM
I reckon the reason that Tyrone Marshall and Kevin Harmse managed the threat of JP Angel was in large part down to the massive shift Robbo put in in defensive midfield. The guy is huge for us almost evey week.
Great team performance- for the full 90 (99 in fact)...a few weeks late against a shite team, so let's not go wild, but what a morale booster as we head into the last 3 matches....

billyfly
10-04-2008, 10:48 PM
I miss a road win and 3 goals all for a 8 year wedding anniversary with my wife. What a moron I am!

Dirk Diggler
10-04-2008, 10:48 PM
Amazing win ... too bad the damn pitch ruined the viewing experience but I'll take it lol.

Jack
10-04-2008, 10:53 PM
You cant expect instant results, I believe what we saw was John Carver and the team in general meshing and becoming a team. I dont think I'm getting ahead of myself for thinking this is the results of JC's and the team's hard work.
The revolving door of players, injuries, coach's first season, you cant expect to be great overnight but I think we all just saw real improvement.
(I know RSL ain't that good but we were tonight!)
Well. Unfortunately, I need to see us put together more than one win to believe this.

I'm happy, for sure. I was jumping around my house like an idiot.

But I'm not going to suddenly think that the team that rolled over and took it up the rear a couple of weeks ago is now suddenly a solid squad ready to make a run.

If we can keep it up, I'll be more inclined to believe it.

One thing for sure, we've been inconsistent this year.

Bars92
10-04-2008, 10:53 PM
The anouncers speculated that Carver is gone back to England next year, do these guys know what their talking about ??

Axeman
10-04-2008, 10:56 PM
Well. Unfortunately, I need to see us put together more than one win to believe this.

I'm happy, for sure. I was jumping around my house like an idiot.

But I'm not going to suddenly think that the team that rolled over and took it up the rear a couple of weeks ago is now suddenly a solid squad ready to make a run.

If we can keep it up, I'll be more inclined to believe it.

One thing for sure, we've been inconsistent this year.
Agreed, but I like what I saw tonight.

Jack
10-04-2008, 11:06 PM
Agreed, but I like what I saw tonight.
So did I, bro, so did I!

:D

pekduck
10-04-2008, 11:14 PM
regardless what a win!!!
3 beautiful goals!!!

Jack
10-04-2008, 11:27 PM
regardless what a win!!!
3 beautiful goals!!!
I loved it when Ibbe nodded in the third!!

I couldn't believe it!

TFC*FAN
10-04-2008, 11:39 PM
Not that we've had many road wins but...

Our first one by two goals!!!!

Amazing, albeit the Red Bulls are SHITE!!!

netsan
10-05-2008, 12:04 AM
Solid performance tonight. Sutton was sharp and gave us a chance to win.

Barrett is the real deal. I don't see him getting offsides (not like Cunningham). That tells me that he reads the game well. He is fitting right in and will only get better when he gets to know his team mates.

Dichio was distributing the ball masterfully. He has a high Soccer IQ! He's a future coach for TFC.

Robinson and Harmse played on the edge....great performances tonight.

We played well on the fast pitch today. It worked to our advantage.

Wynn was just Wynn again.

Brooker
10-05-2008, 12:13 AM
i think thats the first TFC game in a while I've enjoyed almost every minute of.

and Johann's deke then cross to Iby was sick..... nice boys!

J .
10-05-2008, 12:20 AM
Shows how when we play together as a team, what we can achieve.

Cashcleaner
10-05-2008, 12:31 AM
Barrett showed the club how to play offensively. It's almost like after the first effortless goal he went back to the others and wrote down exactly what he did to get the ball in the net.

Like the whole squad were smacking their foreheads afterwards saying "Ohhhhh, I get it. We need to get the ball past the keeper".

Anyway, the whole team looked pretty solid tonight. And truth be told, I just knew somewhere in the back of my mind that Ibrihim was gonna put on a show for us as well.

Good night of soccer.

S_D
10-05-2008, 12:42 AM
Pretty happy with the result. Not only did we score 3 goals, they were all from the run of play.

It is amazing what Barrett can do when he doesn't send it over the bar. I hope he keeps it up. Harmse was a bit shakey on the backline but considering he hasn't played there since he was on the Galaxy it may take him a bit more time. Speedy guys caused him some problems.

The anouncers speculated that Carver is gone back to England next year, do these guys know what their talking about ??

Well they also said the TFC backline has been solid all season so take their thoughts with a grain of salt lol

I am wondering if we have seen the last of Velez on the pitch. I think Carver has decided to let Harmse audition for the spot for next season. Not unhappy about it as Velez has certainly screwed up this season on more than a few occasions.

Mojo
10-05-2008, 12:45 AM
Did we just sign Chad Barrett to a 4 year deal?

That alone = FUCK YES.

jloome
10-05-2008, 12:57 AM
A tidy, battling performance. Very nice.

Laying Guevara back next to Robinson made a world of difference. Made us seem much more compact.

Keystone FC
10-05-2008, 02:40 AM
Great win, but more importantly a great TEAM effort. Everyone had a say in this W. We needed this one and got it.
We're STILL in the hunt for the playoffs. We're not dead yet. We can do this.

J .
10-05-2008, 03:04 AM
I really liked Jo Smiths cross to Ibbe. If he could do more of that stuff, he will become a top flight starter. Less fancy for now, more crosses and he will make me a believer.

With FC Dallas coming up, a win there and our match at home vs Chicago could be hugely meaningful!

egoodwin
10-05-2008, 03:23 AM
Can ya say dejavu?

In 2007, we lost to Chicago in jChicago in July and that started a tailspin
In 2008, we lost to Chicago in Chicago in July, 5 days earlier than we did in 2007 and it was part of the start of the tailspin

In 2007, we beat New York on the first weekend of October to end the 3 month exactly long winless streak
Now in 2008, we beat New York on the first weekend of October, 1 day later than 2007, to end a long winless steak

Keystone FC
10-05-2008, 03:29 AM
I really liked Jo Smiths cross to Ibbe. If he could do more of that stuff, he will become a top flight starter. Less fancy for now, more crosses and he will make me a believer.

With FC Dallas coming up, a win there and our match at home vs Chicago could be hugely meaningful!

Just speculating here but Chi-town plays KC Sunday, their next game is a home game against the Crew, then they play us and end the season at home vs NY.
If the Fire win their next 2 and NY, NE, and DC continue to slide they are all but assured a place in the playoffs not to mention 2nd place in the East. They could rest their starters for our match if everything falls into place. Now, this doesn't mean it will be an easy match but I'm just saying it will make the match a better situation for us as far as winning.
I just hope this NY match put that fire back in them that they need and showed them that winning is all in how you approach the game and execute it.

Shakes McQueen
10-05-2008, 03:31 AM
So, I guess this means that Carver remembered how to coach, after all!

If he gets that level of commitment and intensity out of the guys every match, Carver will be a legend here, once we add a DP and such.

- Scott

Keystone FC
10-05-2008, 03:32 AM
Can ya say dejavu?

In 2008, we lost to Chicago in Chicago in July, 5 days earlier than we did in 2007 and it was part of the start of the tailspin

In 2007, we beat New York on the first weekend of October to end the 3 month exactly long winless streak
Now in 2008, we beat New York on the first weekend of October, 1 day later than 2007, to end a long winless steak

Okay...now you're just getting wierd on us.:sosp:

Inswingingwingman
10-05-2008, 05:49 AM
I had a senior's moment and forgot about the game. Damn. But now I read that 9 players are going international for the next game and we will have so few bodies Mo and Carver get a start with Dicho in goal. (kidding just....:)

What moron made up this schedule? I bet he's smoking the grass we want.....!

ben_vw
10-05-2008, 06:33 AM
Can ya say dejavu?

In 2007 we beat Chicago 3-1 at home, tied Chicago 1-1 away, and lost to them 3-0 at home in July.

:cool:

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
10-05-2008, 06:54 AM
the way carver used his subs today was brilliant.....at 2-1 he knew the Shite bulls would be pushing hard for the equalizer...so he brings on smith..and ibby to counter..at first i was shocked with the game being 2-1..and us needing it bad that he would bring on the youngsters..to hold out the win....but what the hell do i know!!!....
Well done JC!!

Oldtimer
10-05-2008, 07:00 AM
Although pleased by the result, I'm actually upset
These players did well tonight, where were they 2/3 of the season????
These lazy guys stepped it up on the pitch when their jobs were on the line.
We've been wondering if it's the coaching, the turf, or the players who let us down.
I now know. It's the players.

Shakes McQueen
10-05-2008, 07:45 AM
Although pleased by the result, I'm actually upset
These players did well tonight, where were they 2/3 of the season????
These lazy guys stepped it up on the pitch when their jobs were on the line.
We've been wondering if it's the coaching, the turf, or the players who let us down.
I now know. It's the players.

I've been saying so for weeks, and simply got accused of "not knowing anything about football". You can have the best coach in the world, but if the players choose not to execute, you will fail.

Today they decided to play with some effort and intensity, and looky here - they dominated most of the match, and scored a bag of goals.

Carver clearly said or did something this week to light a fire under their asses, and it showed. Best game I've seen us play all season long.

The passes were better for the most part. Guys were getting into position, and not just ball watching. On the first goal, Barrett was clearly thinking ahead, which lead to the nice flick over Conway. The cross from Jo Smith, and header to finish from Ibbe was worthy of any EPL highlight reel. The second goal was the result of a thoughtful pass from Dichio, and a blazing run by Wynne. This is the stuff we need to be doing every game.

Carver was able to sub the right guys in to finish a game for once - not frantically replace players to try and sour the offense, as he's had to do for the last few months.

In Carver I Trust. This game should indicate to people that we have a brighter future than some may think - playoffs this year, or not.

And a big middle finger to the "fans" here, who wagered that their team would lose before they even hit the pitch. Never give up on your team.

- Scott

I_AM_CANADIAN
10-05-2008, 07:55 PM
That was a f*cking awesome time... I honestly prefer road trips to home games. It's just the absolute hardest of hardcore TFC supporters, you spend all your time singing for the team instead of singing and getting pissed off because other people aren't. And when there's only a handful of you, it just feels more like a family, you know? And everyone save for 3 or 4 people sang along to every single song, jumping, waving scarves, it was just awesome.

And I know a lot of people like it for the part where you go out and get pissed after the match, but to be honest I'm not really a party person... I just wanna go f*cking mental at the match and then go home to bed. :D Barbarez was out until... well, I don't know, but I think something like 6 am.

BTW, Marioonsafario is cool.

Wooster_TFC
10-06-2008, 07:58 AM

They are probably just commenting on the confirmed speculation that Carver has had offers back in England, combined with the rumours that when Newcastle is (finally) sold, that either Kevin Keegan or Alan Shearer will be the next manager, and Carver won't be able to turn down an offer from his best buddies.

With that said, great game, even though the pointy ball lines on the field gave me a turn. Almost impossible to see the yellow lines on the TV.

KrazyKanadian
10-06-2008, 08:18 AM
Pics are up: http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?p=213931

Cambridge_Red
10-06-2008, 08:21 AM
Nice pics Charlie! What a shit stadium.

RPB_Brantford_08
10-06-2008, 12:42 PM
great all around effort by TFC in Jersey....they played for the entire 90 mins and got a fair result, they deserved it...playoffs or not this result show what the potential of this team copuld be next season with a few new players.

I_AM_CANADIAN
10-06-2008, 04:22 PM
you can say that again...

Not as shitty as their fans though. ;)

Axeman
10-06-2008, 11:52 PM
So, I guess this means that Carver remembered how to coach, after all!

If he gets that level of commitment and intensity out of the guys every match, Carver will be a legend here, once we add a DP and such.

- Scott

agreed

Keystone FC
10-07-2008, 03:13 AM

The attendance for the game 'officially' was 13,756...they must have counted the cockroaches as well.
I hope their new RedBull Arena (still in New Jersey but will seat 25,189) will bring in soccer fans who stayed away from the canyon in the Meadowlands.

James17930
10-07-2008, 04:26 AM
And to think -- we got Barret for absolutely, nothing.

HE WAS 100% FREE.

Man -- wild.