PDA

View Full Version : Renewal Rate..

TheRenter
10-03-2008, 06:47 PM
..anyone want to hazard a guess at what it will be? Last season I believe it was something crazy like 98.9%.

It's my hope that the part-time supporters jump ship after this season. I'd imagine it will be lower this year; I'd say 90% if you're lucky.

I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a pair in the supporters for next year!

Cashcleaner
10-03-2008, 06:50 PM
I would just like to see the tickets taken away from the scalpers and given to fans on the list who really want to experience Toronto FC. I figure that if a person is gonna stay on a waiting list for two years or so, they're probably gonna turn out to be pretty good fans.

flatpicker
10-03-2008, 06:52 PM
I will guess the renewal rate is 93%

TheRenter
10-03-2008, 06:54 PM
I would just like to see the tickets taken away from the scalpers and given to fans on the list who really want to experience Toronto FC. I figure that if a person is gonna stay on a waiting list for two years or so, they're probably gonna turn out to be pretty good fans.

true 'dat!

it would also be nice to organize the supporters section in a way like seattle's FO is doing whereby the supporters section is designated for...here it comes..wait for it...actual supporters!

TheRenter
10-03-2008, 07:00 PM
I will guess the renewal rate is 93%

that's a pretty good guess, and if accurate would mean plenty of seats opening up throughout BMO :hump:

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
10-03-2008, 07:31 PM
Mlsintoronto already said renewal was at a little over %90 today....even though they are past the deadline they will contact a few straglers...with a last chance offer.....then most likely be giving to the GOLD LIST ....again for those waiting for tickets dont hold your breath!..

rocker
10-03-2008, 07:34 PM
they shouldn't contact the stragglers. there has been enough notice.
I first heard about renewal in email from the team. then I heard it on the PA system at BMO... saw the tent at the stadium.
heard it again on the PA at the next game...
then I got a letter in the mail...
then I heard it again at the next game....
then I got that nice booklet last week AND a call from John Carver...

they really should just move on to the waiting list.

Ossington Mental Youth
10-03-2008, 07:35 PM
96-97%

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
10-03-2008, 07:36 PM
I first heard about renewal in email from the team. then I heard it on the PA system at BMO... saw the tent at the stadium.

i agree....

ticket renewal is on pace for mid 90's % (we're predicting).

After the deadline we'll chase down the few stragglers who've been living under a rock, then cut seats for the season ticket upgrade process.

VPjr
10-03-2008, 07:44 PM
I know of a few people who did not renew but I think the renewal rate will ultimately top out around 95 percent

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
10-03-2008, 07:46 PM
I know of a few people who did not renew but I think the renewal rate will ultimately top out around 95 percent

what was there reasoning for not renewing??

Im interested in knowing if it was just the in thing to do..when TFC came to town so they got there tickets and they are not interested anymore...or are they just seriously pissed by performace?

profit89
10-03-2008, 08:03 PM

Im interested in knowing if it was just the in thing to do..when TFC came to town so they got there tickets and they are not interested anymore...or are they just seriously pissed by performace?

good question.. would like to know as well.

VPjr
10-03-2008, 08:44 PM

These gentlemen (in their 50's) who did not renew simply did not enjoy what they were watching on the field. Between a group of them, they had 6 tickets. I think they kept 2 tickets and let the rest go because they just couldn't justify spending that kind of money for poor soccer.

These men have been around the sport all their lives in various ways. When they bought the tickets originally, they did it because they were happy to see a sound, secure club with a proper stadium coming to Toronto. These are the kind of men who attend the games for the game. The "atmosphere" is nice but they are purists...they wanted to watch good soccer. After 2 years, they are just unconvinced that this is the type of soccer they are willing to spend that much money on. They did hedge their bets a bit by keeping 2 tickets because they are hopeful that TFC and the league in general will improve.

RPB_Brantford_08
10-03-2008, 09:06 PM

how you going to take tickets off scalpers? first you need to ID them,
then actually catch them selling tickets, not exactly the Toronto Metro Polices top of the agenda list of things to get done. some part time supporters will give up their seats after this season, other good supporters might have to give them up for financial reasons etc.
one thing i would like to see done is all coperate seats in the supporters
end moved to the eats or west side and let more real supporters in the south stand.

Richard D
10-04-2008, 01:29 AM
Are we doing Price is Right rules? closest without going over?

I say 1%

http://oak.cats.ohiou.edu/~tr102202/images/price14.jpg

Laurignano
10-04-2008, 01:40 AM
I wonder what would be the chances of me moving from 106 to one of the new supporter sections ?

colman1860
10-04-2008, 01:42 AM
I wrote an article about this on my blog a couple days ago...I expected renewals to be down a bit (after talking to people who weren't going to renew due to weak performance). After seeing Paul's comments today, I'm a bit more hopeful, but I guess we'll have to wait and see until the final numbers are released.

http://torontofc.theoffside.com/uncategorized/if-you-tank-it-will-they-come.html

It’s that time of year again, folks – season ticket renewals are due on Friday. While TFC had an astonishing renewal rate of 94% last year, methinks that after only marginal improvement during the second season, this number may drop.

BASE
10-04-2008, 09:24 AM
First step with the Scalpers is identify those at the local soccer clubs that are provided seats for their youth clubs and then pass them along for profit. I saw a few giuys walking around with stacks of seats basically trying to give them away last Saturday because of the small walkup crowd (probably the worst I've seen for a TFC match). I've heard of at least one person from a local club that has been active in buying for his club and then selling them off.

brad
10-04-2008, 09:33 AM
I wonder what would be the chances of me moving from 106 to one of the new supporter sections ?

Were you one of the first people to buy? If not, no chance unless you luck out and someone moves out during your relocation appointment.

Pachuco
10-04-2008, 10:45 AM
The renewal rate will be high for the simple reason that not many people would just drop their tickets and let the club re-distribute them again. Those people who choose not to renew either have friends who will buy them or they'll put them up on craigslist or ebay. So either way they would renew even though their intent is to no longer go to the games. So while the renewal rate may be high, I'm pretty sure after this season the number of people interested in going to matches will be lower. Unfortunately that is something that can't be gauged by us. Unless MLSE tells us later on how many season tickets were transferred, I bet you the number would be high.

BakaGaijin
10-04-2008, 11:56 AM
First step with the Scalpers is identify those at the local soccer clubs that are provided seats for their youth clubs and then pass them along for profit. I saw a few giuys walking around with stacks of seats basically trying to give them away last Saturday because of the small walkup crowd (probably the worst I've seen for a TFC match). I've heard of at least one person from a local club that has been active in buying for his club and then selling them off.

I noticed those fuckers as well. They weren't the regular scalpers. GO Transit has done a good job of chasing the usual un-washed suspects off their property to the other side of the tracks.

Anyone who takes youth club tickets and try's to scalp them for profit is the worst kind of scumbag.

JonO
10-04-2008, 12:44 PM
I'd also be curious to know which sections aren't being renewed - I'd be willing to bet that most of the non-renewals will be the expensive seats - it has been much more difficult to sell these seats when I've needed to this year...

rocker
10-04-2008, 01:16 PM
I'd also be curious to know which sections aren't being renewed - I'd be willing to bet that most of the non-renewals will be the expensive seats - it has been much more difficult to sell these seats when I've needed to this year...

what section are you in?

JDG
10-04-2008, 01:44 PM
I've heard that this years renewal was one or two % lower than last year.
Pretty impressive.

TheRenter
10-04-2008, 03:30 PM
really, 94% last season, could of sworn it was higher, thanks

bignickel
10-04-2008, 04:01 PM

fuck the waiting list, they didn't step up to the plate when the team was established. they had more than six months to buy season's but waited too long to buy. let them suffer. i am glad my rep reminded to renew my 7 ticks after the final bell. hahahaha

Cashcleaner
10-04-2008, 04:05 PM
how you going to take tickets off scalpers? first you need to ID them,
then actually catch them selling tickets, not exactly the Toronto Metro Polices top of the agenda list of things to get done. some part time supporters will give up their seats after this season, other good supporters might have to give them up for financial reasons etc.
one thing i would like to see done is all coperate seats in the supporters
end moved to the eats or west side and let more real supporters in the south stand.

No-one said it would be any easy task. Apparently cops don't do anything about scalpers until a complaint is lodged by an individual, so why not give the police the ability to strip them of their tickets altogether and hand them back over to the club where they can be resold to those on the list.

rocker
10-04-2008, 04:27 PM
fuck the waiting list, they didn't step up to the plate when the team was established. they had more than six months to buy season's but waited too long to buy. let them suffer. i am glad my rep reminded to renew my 7 ticks after the final bell. hahahaha

why are you such a slacker? true fans shouldn't need a reminder.
you're not a scalper are you? haha

bignickel
10-04-2008, 05:18 PM
why are you such a slacker? true fans shouldn't need a reminder.
you're not a scalper are you? haha

how many do you need?

bhoybobby
10-05-2008, 10:06 AM
No-one said it would be any easy task. Apparently cops don't do anything about scalpers until a complaint is lodged by an individual, so why not give the police the ability to strip them of their tickets altogether and hand them back over to the club where they can be resold to those on the list.

Is this as simple as complaining to the cops on the way up to the game? If so, all RPB should do it on game days, yeah, no??

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
10-05-2008, 10:21 AM
Is this as simple as complaining to the cops on the way up to the game? If so, all RPB should do it on game days, yeah, no??

only if it was that easy..:cool:

Have these scalping fooookers are on the MLSE PAYROLL!

J .
10-06-2008, 01:43 PM
Dear Bitchy Hawk,

Please get me a season ticket in 113 or 112. Rid us of scalpers and corporate quiet mouths.

Thanks,

J.

giambac
10-06-2008, 02:59 PM
The renewal rate will be high for the simple reason that not many people would just drop their tickets and let the club re-distribute them again. Those people who choose not to renew either have friends who will buy them or they'll put them up on craigslist or ebay. So either way they would renew even though their intent is to no longer go to the games. So while the renewal rate may be high, I'm pretty sure after this season the number of people interested in going to matches will be lower. Unfortunately that is something that can't be gauged by us. Unless MLSE tells us later on how many season tickets were transferred, I bet you the number would be high.

Pachuco,

i think your accuartae in your assessment. speaking from personal side I have 4 ST. I hav e2 buddies who also have St in 2 differnet sections. One has 4 tickets and the other has 2. They both said their interest has come down and the product isn't waht they expected. However, they have renewed their tickets because they know there is demand for the tickets. wheras in the past 2 season they have attende say 80% of the games they said next year they will attend 50% tops and eithe rsale the remaining tickets or give them away to family and friends.

I think alot of people are in this category. The tickets atre reasobly priced (not to expensive) and so people will renew them and give some away.

gardooney
10-06-2008, 03:06 PM

At least you got some kind of reminder. I received nothing,no e-mail,telephone call letter nothing. I found out on here and then went to TFC's site to renew. I keep updating my account but I guess I am just not on some list for mail outs and whatnot.:noidea:

GabrielHurl
10-06-2008, 03:08 PM
renewal rate is mid 90's at the minute - expecting 96%

olegunnar
10-06-2008, 03:15 PM
Pachuco,

i think your accuartae in your assessment. speaking from personal side I have 4 ST. I hav e2 buddies who also have St in 2 differnet sections. One has 4 tickets and the other has 2. They both said their interest has come down and the product isn't waht they expected. However, they have renewed their tickets because they know there is demand for the tickets. wheras in the past 2 season they have attende say 80% of the games they said next year they will attend 50% tops and eithe rsale the remaining tickets or give them away to family and friends.

I think alot of people are in this category. The tickets atre reasobly priced (not to expensive) and so people will renew them and give some away.

I've been saying this for months
Seasons tickets are cheap...and demand for the extras is still pretty good...so there's no reason not to renew.
Once the day comes that extras are hard to unload...then you'll see th renewal rate go down.

togetherness
10-06-2008, 07:49 PM
I have two ticks for next year but have sold them both to a ticket broker for 50 bucks under double the face value.. He says he will still make profit on them ..

I think its good value .. so does he..I am kind of sick of the games now but will not give up my rights on the seats.. they are just to valuable

arbogast
10-06-2008, 07:59 PM
I have two ticks for next year but have sold them both to a ticket broker for 50 bucks under double the face value.. He says he will still make profit on them ..

I think its good value .. so does he..I am kind of sick of the games now but will not give up my rights on the seats.. they are just to valuable

Tourist.

stretchthetruth
10-06-2008, 08:07 PM

uhhhh, why would you advertise that here?

togetherness
10-06-2008, 08:09 PM
^^^ ummm why not its legal and if u snooze u looze.. I got tickets before it was soo cool/.. so thats life

flatpicker
10-06-2008, 08:17 PM
:mad:

el rojo fanatico
10-06-2008, 08:23 PM

What a sad waste, way to go all-star. How do we attract these winners:noidea:

JonO
10-06-2008, 08:23 PM
^^^ ummm why not its legal and if u snooze u looze.. I got tickets before it was soo cool/.. so thats life
Not so sure that it is legal... how are you not a scalper?

Anyway - regardless of how legal it is - the fact that you unabashedly advertise that fact here, means that you just don't get it...

flatpicker
10-06-2008, 08:34 PM
So much for "togetherness"!

:(

J .
10-06-2008, 09:13 PM

so your on a board with supporters, having a laugh?

Toronto Ruffrider
10-06-2008, 10:48 PM

Selling for more than face value is illegal. I'm not sure I understand your logic.

stretchthetruth
10-06-2008, 10:54 PM

most people on here got them before it was 'soo cool', myself included... you sold your season to a scalper - which is illegal - check the Ontario Ticket Speculation Act. You aren't a supporter, you're a profiteer. Lame.

Cashcleaner
10-07-2008, 01:38 AM

I remember when a couple did and BOOM! two cops swooped down on a group of them just outside the GO station.

togetherness
10-07-2008, 05:52 AM
most people on here got them before it was 'soo cool', myself included... you sold your season to a scalper - which is illegal - check the Ontario Ticket Speculation Act. You aren't a supporter, you're a profiteer. Lame.

ya I don't think most people did otherwise they would not be looking for tickets now..
I can sincerly say I will enjoy the team on TV next year and know that I made a buck or two..Nothing wrong with that!!!:canada:

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
10-07-2008, 07:17 AM
ya I don't think most people did otherwise they would not be looking for tickets now..
I can sincerly say I will enjoy the team on TV next year and know that I made a buck or two..Nothing wrong with that!!!:canada:

The comments and scum like this is one thing.......but you dont deserve to be on a site that is a supporters club for TORONTO FC!! Take your comments back to the BS boards and F OFF!

Im calling for a TOTAL BAN of this idiot on this site....who will second this? These are the kind of people who bog down this site...Keep the garbage out!!

Roogsy
10-07-2008, 07:25 AM
What a sad waste, way to go all-star. How do we attract these winners:noidea:

They're trolls that come in here and try to stir things up. Don't bite. If I had to bet, I would guess that it's our old friend Kenny Le Douche making an appearance.

BakaGaijin
10-07-2008, 07:33 AM
The comments and scum like this is one thing.......but you dont deserve to be on a site that is a supporters club for TORONTO FC!! Take your comments back to the BS boards and F OFF!

Im calling for a TOTAL BAN of this idiot on this site....who will second this? These are the kind of people who bog down this site...Keep the garbage out!!

Seconded.

This guy is a douche.

redcard
10-07-2008, 07:42 AM
i'm calling his bluff, this guy heres just to stir shit...he knows there are supporters on this board that need tickets, and hes just trying to piss everyone off.

brad
10-07-2008, 08:05 AM
I have a feeling that some a lot of fairweather fans may be losing interest, but are going to keep their tickets "just in case" the team improves. If they let them go, and then all of a sudden the team becomes successful, they'll be on the wrong end of a really long waiting list to get back in.

Dobson alluded to this in one of his blogs where he mentioned that MLSE knows that not improving the product on the field next year could affect the success of the team.

arbogast
10-07-2008, 08:12 AM
Seconded.

This guy is a douche.

Thirded. This is a supporters site and he's clearly not a supporter.
Someone ban this assbag.

Jack
10-07-2008, 09:10 AM
togetherness/Roc le Roc/Kenny/Boozemaster/Lenny Dikestra... for someone who hates us, you sure seem to like to come on our board.

flatpicker
10-07-2008, 09:43 AM
All together now!

"Buh-bye togetherness"!

Don Julio
10-07-2008, 09:48 AM
You guys are incredibly gullible.

togetherness
10-07-2008, 09:48 AM
Not sure why I have to be all the other trolls ..I love TFC , I love reading the info on TFC but I want to make money.. TFC has given me an op to cash in..

If you don't like my position then too bad.. I love TFC just as much as anyone on here..
you can't say otherwise I bleed red..

togetherness
10-07-2008, 09:50 AM
All together now!

"Buh-bye togetherness"!

why should I be banned .. that is bullshit .. suck it up young soldier..
TFC is what I like too ..

is this a forum or not ..deal with it flatpricker

Roogsy
10-07-2008, 09:54 AM
Not sure why I have to be all the other trolls ..I love TFC , I love reading the info on TFC but I want to make money.. TFC has given me an op to cash in..

If you don't like my position then too bad.. I love TFC just as much as anyone on here..

is this a forum or not ..deal with it flatpricker

You don't have a "position" though. All you do is disagree with everyone and put supporters down...ON a supporters forum. That's not a "position"...that's being a troll.

I told you you'd be found out. Because at the end of the day, a zebra can't hide it's stripes and you can't hide what you are.

redcard
10-07-2008, 09:54 AM
its a TFC supporters forum not a 'i wanna cash in on TFCs success so let me sell my tickets to a scalper forum'...what a clown.

Cambridge_Red
10-07-2008, 09:56 AM

Thats a NEE copyright. FUCK OFF

http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlLA/original/middle_finger.jpg

flatpicker
10-07-2008, 09:56 AM
deal with it flatpricker

I show my displeasure and this guy comes back with insults...

grow up *&%!

Shakes McQueen
10-07-2008, 09:59 AM

You bleed red, unless someone offers you enough money. Then you're perfectly fine with sitting at home.

Sounds like a supporter to me!

- Scott

togetherness
10-07-2008, 10:01 AM
You don't have a "position" though. All you do is disagree with everyone and put supporters down...ON a supporters forum. That's not a "position"...that's being a troll.

I told you you'd be found out. Because at the end of the day, a zebra can't hide it's stripes and you can't hide what you are.

Isay things you don't like and that makes me a troll???
if u love TFC so much u can't take a guy making money of them then u better check your head..

I enjoy TFC bottom line .. deal with my dealings I should not have to hide what I do .. its funny that some guys get mad I made money

McBrace
10-07-2008, 10:01 AM

I call Bullshit!!!!

Love them sooo much that you rather watch them on TV while you make money from selling your ST???? :rolleyes:

Roogsy
10-07-2008, 10:04 AM
if u love TFC so much u can't take a guy making money of them then u better check your head..

I enjoy TFC bottom line .. deal with my dealings I should not have to hide what I do .. its funny that some guys get mad I made money

You wanna make money? Get a job.

"Loving" something means you sacrifice things for it, not profit from it. The fact that you don't understand that is exactly why you don't belong here. This isn't a spectator's forum, this is a supporters forum.

Beyond that, I don't care what you do, who or what you love or how you spend your time and money. Your opinion means squat to me, the problem is you make a lot of noise all over the supporters forums, just as crazy troll is oft to do. So please don't claim your dedication to this club comes even remotely close to the dedication shown by the people on these boards. You're not even in the same universe.

Shakes McQueen
10-07-2008, 10:05 AM

Aside from everything everyone else has already said - you're bragging about committing an illegal act. That, coupled with everything else, should be grounds enough for an insta-ban.

- Scott

redcard
10-07-2008, 10:05 AM

so if you have nothing to hide how about letting us know where exactly are your seasons? section row and seat number please.

togetherness
10-07-2008, 10:08 AM
so if you have nothing to hide how about letting us know where exactly are your seasons? section row and seat number please.

ya OK , some of you take it way too seriously ..U will have my tickets taken away..

Roogsy
10-07-2008, 10:08 AM
ya OK , some of you take it way too seriously ..U will have my tickets taken away..

Why? You haven't done anything wrong and done nothing but show your "love" for the team! :rofl:

BuSaPuNk
10-07-2008, 10:10 AM

Dam right!! You don't deserve those tickets anyways!! I think I speak for all the willing STH's you don't want to go we sure as hell will!!!

Shakes McQueen
10-07-2008, 10:11 AM
It's okay man. When MLSE call you about the complaints, just explain that you wuv the team *THIS* much, but you just love money a little more.

I'm sure they will agree with you. After all, we are just batshit nutters on a supporters website. Right?

- Scott

Jack
10-07-2008, 10:13 AM
Thats a NEE copyright. FUCK OFF

Hardly

Roogsy
10-07-2008, 10:13 AM
On that note...let's move on. We have identified Kenny/Roc and now know how much his posts here are worth.

Eventually, he will be gone. Trust me. For now, this thread can move back to talking about the renewal rates.

Jack
10-07-2008, 10:15 AM
Guys, the best way to deal with this guy is to add him to your ignore list.

He obviously has some morbid need to return time and again to our forums to try and stir up shit.

He wants to be banned so he can go back to Big Soccer and crow about how we're such losers and we always ban him.

Roogsy
10-07-2008, 10:18 AM
Funny enough...most of the guys at Big Soccer hate him too. Except the guys that were banned here and all of a sudden find him to be their leader.

Pyeddo
10-07-2008, 10:35 AM
You bleed red, unless someone offers you enough money. Then you're perfectly fine with sitting at home.

Sounds like a supporter to me!

Pissing an moaning about what someone else does with their personal property, which ultimately has nothing to do with you what so ever? (save me the "i'm a fan, its my team" speech, i've read it in about 100 other threads)

Sounds like a RPB to me

Cambridge_Red
10-07-2008, 10:40 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3022/2921269423_6717e1f7c0_o.jpg

:D :D

Technorgasm
10-07-2008, 10:40 AM
FACT: part-time supports have more sex.

FACT: BEars, BEats ,Batlestar Galatica

FACT: The bird, it is. . the word.

togetherness
10-07-2008, 10:43 AM
Guys, the best way to deal with this guy is to add him to your ignore list.

He obviously has some morbid need to return time and again to our forums to try and stir up shit.

He wants to be banned so he can go back to Big Soccer and crow about how we're such losers and we always ban him.

WHY DON'T YOU SUCK MY DICK JACK LIKE I KNOW YOU LIKE TO SUCK DICK..
YOU ARE A FCKING USELESS PRESIDENT ANYWAYS ..GO GET A LIFE U DUMB CUNT..
YA i AM A RPB PRES II AM SO COOL HAHAHHAHAHAHAH

EAT MY ASS AND LIKE IT JACK OFF IS THAT YOUR NAME JACK OFF HAHHAHAHA

Jack
10-07-2008, 10:45 AM
:D :D

Nice tifo.

Still doesn't mean you've got the monopoly on the slogan

Bleed Red

This is the point.

Urgency, passion, comittment. Garra, entrega (these two words are perfect descriptions in Spanish, especially garra.) Garra means "claw" literally, but it transmits that die for the shirt mentality and win for your fans by any means necessary mentality that we are sorely lacking right now.

Bleed Red, TFC players, bleed RED! I do.

Roogsy
10-07-2008, 10:46 AM
And for that insult Roc, you are done here. Thanks for showing your true colours, we always had confidence in you.

Jack
10-07-2008, 10:47 AM
LOL at Roc le Roc's insults....

Why all the hate? You've got some issues you need to work out?

Cambridge_Red
10-07-2008, 10:48 AM
Uhh it was a joke Jack....

Jack
10-07-2008, 10:53 AM
I know dude...I'm just being a dick :D

TFC 420
10-07-2008, 10:54 AM
Good job getting rid of him guys. After reading that post he deserves it.

BuSaPuNk
10-07-2008, 10:57 AM
Good job getting rid of him guys. After reading that post he deserves it.

I second that!

Roogsy
10-07-2008, 10:59 AM
2 things make supporters happy.

1) TFC winning.
2) Kenny getting banned...again.

Both things happened this week.

Proof that the universe balances itself. While we may be getting our asses kicked by the financial markets, the universe appeases us by sending the village idiot to remind us just how good the rest of us normal people have it.

jaahuuu
10-07-2008, 11:02 AM
Seeing how its the 7th and the renewal deadline was the 3rd I guess I'm not getting a call from Carver. I renewed the tickets on the 28th, but I just got the booklet yesterday.

Gobi
10-07-2008, 11:25 AM
WHY DON'T YOU SUCK MY DICK JACK ...

...HAHHAHAHA

LOL! Oh man, is this guy nine? Maybe younger?

Thanks for the new sig, Roogsy. Well said.

Barbarez
10-07-2008, 11:34 AM
suck a dick jack hahahahahahahaha lmao!

Jack
10-07-2008, 11:50 AM
suck a dick jack hahahahahahahaha lmao!

Yours too?

My jaw's going to get tired...:rolleyes:

professor
10-07-2008, 11:51 AM
These gentlemen (in their 50's) who did not renew simply did not enjoy what they were watching on the field. Between a group of them, they had 6 tickets. I think they kept 2 tickets and let the rest go because they just couldn't justify spending that kind of money for poor soccer.

These men have been around the sport all their lives in various ways. When they bought the tickets originally, they did it because they were happy to see a sound, secure club with a proper stadium coming to Toronto. These are the kind of men who attend the games for the game. The "atmosphere" is nice but they are purists...they wanted to watch good soccer. After 2 years, they are just unconvinced that this is the type of soccer they are willing to spend that much money on. They did hedge their bets a bit by keeping 2 tickets because they are hopeful that TFC and the league in general will improve.

if these were the STs that Jack & Stephen gave up, Gus bought them
No strings attached, exchanged at MLSE's current rate, paperwork will be completed very soon
and Sullivan did keep his pair but he will split them with Gus's brother
They were also part of a group that had a box too, which I also think that they have or will be giving up

i don't think it's totally a TFC being such a poor team thing, but also MLS operating like a minor league and refusing to accept it's niche market position - limited roster, conflict fifa dates, salary cap, Giant/RFK/KC stadiums, turf, allotments, a draft - MLS has to make some changes and ya some games can be entertaining but most games are crap

It appears that most of these gents are reverting back to pre-TFC-in-MLS days and selecting games to attend. I know I'm meeting a few of them at the Rev's game on the 16th vs DCU. And I know they've got tickets for Houston on Oct 25 and Dallas for the 26th.

personally I see the light at the end of the TFC/MLS tunnel but they don't

Rudi
10-07-2008, 11:52 AM
Yours too?

My jaw's going to get tired...:rolleyes:
Snakes can unhinge their jaws, when necessary. :D

Jack
10-07-2008, 11:56 AM
Snakes can unhinge their jaws, when necessary. :D
Trouser snakes?

rocker
10-07-2008, 12:00 PM
personally I see the light at the end of the TFC/MLS tunnel but they don't

so it's all working as planned.. the fairwhether fans who jumped on because it was "cool" are now being weeded out :)

Gobi
10-07-2008, 12:03 PM
so it's all working as planned.. the fairwhether fans who jumped on because it was "cool" are now being weeded out :)

Wait, sucking was part of the MLSE/TFC's plan to get more hardcore supporters in the stands instead of beer-guzzling, food-buying bandwagoneers?
I knew those suits were on my side all along!
:rolleyes: :D

rocker
10-07-2008, 12:05 PM
Wait, sucking was part of the MLSE/TFC's plan to get more hardcore supporters in the stands instead of beer-guzzling, food-buying bandwagoneers?
I knew those suits were on my side all along!
:rolleyes: :D

the world works in complex, often unintended ways ;)

i just find it funny that people are giving up on their seasons because of the quality of MLS in general. I mean, ya, it's not the premiership, but if anyone expected it be so much better than this when they bought season's they are pretty naive. And if they bought seasons to "support the home side" only and now are giving up, they are bandwagon jumpers.

Shakes McQueen
10-07-2008, 12:10 PM
Pissing an moaning about what someone else does with their personal property, which ultimately has nothing to do with you what so ever? (save me the "i'm a fan, its my team" speech, i've read it in about 100 other threads)

Sounds like a RPB to me

If it were his personal property, there wouldn't be laws on the books making it illegal for him to resell at an inflated price.

And it has a lot to do with me. I haven't been fortunate enough to get season's tickets yet, and it pisses me right the fuck off when I find out some of the people who have been so fortunate, aren't even going to the games - they are just making a quick buck off of them. And making me wait longer to get mine, in the process.

Of course, there's also the idiocy of coming to a supporters forum, and proudly proclaiming that you've scalped your tickets for next season. What do you expect?

Another year of trying to get individual tickets to all of the home games for me, while some felching pissflap stands out front of BMO Field fleecing people with this asshole's tickets.

"Nothing to do with me", my ass.

- Scott

Roogsy
10-07-2008, 12:30 PM
the world works in complex, often unintended ways ;)

i just find it funny that people are giving up on their seasons because of the quality of MLS in general. I mean, ya, it's not the premiership, but if anyone expected it be so much better than this when they bought season's they are pretty naive. And if they bought seasons to "support the home side" only and now are giving up, they are bandwagon jumpers.

Gobi and Rocker's posts express how I feel exactly.

I look forward to a more dedicated crowd coming out next year.

BuSaPuNk
10-07-2008, 12:34 PM
If it were his personal property, there wouldn't be laws on the books making it illegal for him to resell at an inflated price.

And it has a lot to do with me. I haven't been fortunate enough to get season's tickets yet, and it pisses me right the fuck off when I find out some of the people who have been so fortunate, aren't even going to the games - they are just making a quick buck off of them. And making me wait longer to get mine, in the process.

Of course, there's also the idiocy of coming to a supporters forum, and proudly proclaiming that you've scalped your tickets for next season. What do you expect?

Another year of trying to get individual tickets to all of the home games for me, while some felching pissflap stands out front of BMO Field fleecing people with this asshole's tickets.

"Nothing to do with me", my ass.

- Scott

Agree with you holehartedly. I as well are going to be looking for singles next year as well.

TheRenter
10-07-2008, 01:11 PM

fcuk'in eh right! tres lame....now get the fcuk out!!

redcard
10-07-2008, 01:17 PM

these are probably also the beckham fans who didnt get to see him for two years, unless they paid up for the allstar match...so no more teenie boppers in 116 yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!

Roogsy
10-07-2008, 01:26 PM
I prefer...

BYAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

NVJm1hsCYC0

keem-o-sabi
10-07-2008, 02:35 PM
well at this rate I'll be able to get ssn tix in 5 years woo hoo!!! :)

CretanBull
10-07-2008, 03:07 PM
Someone was handing out blow jobs in this thread and I showed up late. Story of my life.

rocker
10-07-2008, 03:58 PM
I look forward to a more dedicated crowd coming out next year.

heck, talk about dedicated... me and my dad are looking to upgrade into the prawn sandwich section number 123 (come on, the old guy can't stand for 90 minutes and I like the cup holders on the seats and the great view of the whole field!!!) for next year while these other people are not renewing or unloading tickets on scalpers... i guess i just can't believe their attitudes... or call us crazy... :) i'd love to see MLS improve in quality, but even now I enjoy myself at the matches no matter how good or bad the play can be at times. I'm like a kid at christmas. and during games I'm so attuned to the action on the field.. I get nervous and excited at the same time. i guess other people are more detached??? they are more interested in quality than supporting the team?

Derko
10-07-2008, 03:59 PM
I renewed my seats, because
a) I like the game
b) I like the atmosphere
c) I like the entertainment value

I just returned from the UK and had the opportunity to take in the
Hearts v Inverness match in Edinburgh. From what I watched, TFC could compete with either Hearts or Inverness, and that is the SPL.
So all you folks who like to compare TFC, consider them an average SPL team.

rocker
10-07-2008, 04:07 PM
a) I like the game
b) I like the atmosphere

Hearts v Inverness match in Edinburgh. From what I watched, TFC could compete with either Hearts or Inverness, and that is the SPL.

tell me more.... what are the similarities and differences between the play of TFC/MLS and SPL? i have honestly only ever watched Celtic and Rangers.
how's the atmosphere at the ground?

Sonny Cheeba
10-07-2008, 04:34 PM
a) I like the game
b) I like the atmosphere

no consider them a team that takes SPL players and puts them back into the scottish 1st division. *cough* colin samuel.

oh wait. then there's edu. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO THINK!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!

billygrieveuk
10-07-2008, 05:54 PM
I would just like to see the tickets taken away from the scalpers and given to fans on the list who really want to experience Toronto FC. I figure that if a person is gonna stay on a waiting list for two years or so, they're probably gonna turn out to be pretty good fans.Just how many south end seats are owned by scalpers? a guess....:noidea:

billygrieveuk
10-07-2008, 05:56 PM
I know of a few people who did not renew but I think the renewal rate will ultimately top out around 95 percentthey must be crazy.....

giambac
10-07-2008, 06:40 PM
a) I like the game
b) I like the atmosphere

That tells you just about everything you need to know about the SPL:eek:

Bluenose13
10-07-2008, 06:44 PM
That tells you just about everything you need to know about the SPL:eek:Hmmm.......Rangers UEFA Cup finalists.

Jack
10-07-2008, 11:01 PM
WHY DON'T YOU SUCK MY DICK JACK LIKE I KNOW YOU LIKE TO SUCK DICK..
YOU ARE A FCKING USELESS PRESIDENT ANYWAYS ..GO GET A LIFE U DUMB CUNT..
YA i AM A RPB PRES II AM SO COOL HAHAHHAHAHAHAH

EAT MY ASS AND LIKE IT JACK OFF IS THAT YOUR NAME JACK OFF HAHHAHAHA

When I say "YOU" I refer to the RPB as a whole. When your president (the foul mouthed guy, Jack) starts a thread calling for a protest at the All Star Game I would say that he is representing the RPB as a whole. I can't speak to everyone individually, just the ideas the RPB seem to represent.

Isn't irony a sweet thing? :cool:

James17930
10-07-2008, 11:39 PM
Mine got renewed . . . and I'm not even there! :canada:

Cashcleaner
10-08-2008, 01:08 AM
Just how many south end seats are owned by scalpers? a guess....:noidea:

As a guess, I'd say quite a few. They are the cheapest seats, so that will count for something.

Mark in Ottawa
10-08-2008, 08:20 AM

I have no problem with you making money...
I have a problem with you breaking the law and supporting organized crime :mad:.

Derko
10-08-2008, 10:03 AM
tell me more.... what are the similarities and differences between the play of TFC/MLS and SPL? i have honestly only ever watched Celtic and Rangers.
how's the atmosphere at the ground?

Honestly, the play was very comparable, just as many gaffes in midfield as most MLS teams tend to commit. The atmosphere was good although you cannot stand or drink beer in the stands, you think security is tight at BMO, no comparison.
I think we have to remember when comparing MLS to SPL, there are really 2 teams with all of the money and talent. Celtic and Rangers.
Had a great time, Tyneside Stadium has a capacity of 17,500.

Canary Canuck
10-08-2008, 10:29 AM
Honestly, the play was very comparable, just as many gaffes in midfield as most MLS teams tend to commit. The atmosphere was good although you cannot stand or drink beer in the stands, you think security is tight at BMO, no comparison.
I think we have to remember when comparing MLS to SPL, there are really 2 teams with all of the money and talent. Celtic and Rangers.
Had a great time, Tyneside Stadium has a capacity of 17,500.

Definitely one of my favourite stadiums in the UK.

TheRenter
10-13-2008, 09:51 PM
if you didn't already hear:

was sent along with one's renewal notice,

"This year, with your help, we have achieved a season seat renewal rate of over 95%, so it is important to note that inventory will be limited and we cannot guarantee that you will be relocated to your preferred section."

good luck with the seat relocation, mine's on the friday....yeeeah! [insert sarcasm here]