PDA

View Full Version : TFC-TV in the Toronto Sun

Blizzard
05-20-2008, 02:57 PM
TFC TV WORTH WATCHING
It is becoming repetitive, but Toronto FC once again, has gotten it right.
This time's it's the in-house online production of TFC TV.
Located on the club's website, TFC TV is a well-produced, entertaining look at the team and, more importantly, the players, in a casual, behind-the-scenes format.
... continued ...
http://torontosun.com/Sports/OtherSports/2008/05/19/5608676-sun.html

The Pope
05-20-2008, 03:04 PM
I've never bothered to watch it, most ppl say it's shite (like the RedBulls)

werewolf
05-20-2008, 03:06 PM
meh, its alright, take out everyone thats not a player or coach, and it would be even better.

noochie
05-20-2008, 03:15 PM
It really is not all that bad. For what other team do you get this behind the scenes look at what goes on?

TheRenter
05-20-2008, 03:39 PM
me likey!

Jeff s
05-20-2008, 04:03 PM
I enjoy it, don't see a problem with it.

ccopela
05-20-2008, 04:06 PM
I enjoy everything but the CV2 segments

SilverSamurai
05-20-2008, 04:33 PM
I enjoy everything but the CV2 segments

Damn right!
Take out CV2 and it would be a LOT better. Although take out Michelle and yo could have an award winning show. :canada:

deschamp86
05-20-2008, 04:37 PM
I look forward to watching it each week. Sure CV2 may not be great, but his segment still provides an interesting vantage point that we would otherwise never see, and pays credit to some people who aren't normally given credit to such as the Eddie Kehoe and the equiptment manager.

Blizzard
05-20-2008, 04:39 PM
I look forward to watching it each week. Sure CV2 may not be great, but his segment still provides an interesting vantage point that we would otherwise never see, and pays credit to some people who aren't normally given credit to such as the Eddie Kehoe and the equiptment manager.

I agree. I enjoyed the goalkeeping segment particularly.

Parkdale
05-20-2008, 04:47 PM
My end of year DVD is going to blow them all away. Pirate Radio Style

rocker
05-20-2008, 06:30 PM
i like the show.. the CV2 stuff is ok, probably appeals more to the kids than to us adults, who would prefer Sophie talking to Cunny about the ice on his nuts.

nimamalek
05-20-2008, 06:43 PM
i like everything except the part with the little kid

Dirk Diggler
05-20-2008, 10:24 PM
i like the show.. the CV2 stuff is ok, probably appeals more to the kids than to us adults, who would prefer Sophie talking to Cunny about the ice on his nuts.

I would like to know if there is a single kid out there who visits the TFC website just to watch that CV2 segment. I think that segment is bull shit and serves no purpose.

Keyman
05-20-2008, 10:30 PM
As I've said numerous times, throw me into the locker-room. I'm 17, and I will not shy away from tough questions. It would actually be interesting journalism, because I would take it very seriously. Plus, I'll get you guys all your inside information. :D

SilverSamurai
05-20-2008, 10:44 PM
I would like to know if there is a single kid out there who visits the TFC website just to watch that CV2 segment. I think that segment is bull shit and serves no purpose.

Thank you!
Only reason he's there is cause of his dad!:mad:
If you want a kid portion atleast get a kid that is good! Or make it a shorter segment and/or do it once a month or every 3 weeks or something.

Red CB Toronto
05-20-2008, 11:21 PM
I have enjoyed watching it sometimes, I really like Carver's post game press conferences, love that he pulls no punches and says what is on his mind.

Cashcleaner
05-21-2008, 01:49 AM
I like TFC TV; but most importantly, I totally agree with Gareth Wheeler on putting focus on the players. The media in Toronto has spent so much time and effort covering the fans, the managment, and the sport in general since Toronto FC's beginnings, but I know I'd love to see more coverage the players themselves. Guys like Brennan, Sutton, and Wynne are pure class when you talk to them. I remember talking to Andrea Lombardo for a whole hour or so last year at one of the pub crawls. I mean we were just there shooting the shit and talking about getting Montreal and Vancouver in the league and what the CONCACAF tourney could mean for us.

We need more of that!

The Kingpin
05-21-2008, 03:08 AM
TFC TV is a childrens show.

canadian_bhoy
05-21-2008, 06:12 AM
The quick highlights and post game is GREAT....really good and the CV2 segment is for kids...its ok, but isn't really geared towards the 20 somethings (so I won't really say much).

The "On the Spot" segment is AWFUL though.

When fans say they want candid casual conversation with the players, they mean things like "what team did you support as a kid", "who were your favorite players growing up" "what gets you pumped up for games"
....not 16 year old girl teen bop magazine questions like "who has the best hair cut".

Geeeeezzzz......when are the pink Jersey's coming out.

Fort York Redcoat
05-21-2008, 06:16 AM
It provides more coverage and aspects of the club you won't see during the games. Yeah it's rated "G" but that's to be expected. CV2 is a kid for kids. No big whoop. I give him props for the first interview of Guevara in Canada en Espanyol.