PDA

View Full Version : Henry tempted by MLS switch TFC?

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
10-03-2008, 02:33 PM
Thierry Henry has revealed that he would be open to a move to America should he receive an interesting offer from the MLS.

Do MLSE have the balls to make an attractive offer??

damn he would look good in RED!

read more here!
http://www.setantasports.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/10/03/La-Liga-Henry-on-America-move/

Captain Croatia
10-03-2008, 02:34 PM
If he ends up in Toronto i will cry.

Doubt he would come to Toronto.

Fort York Redcoat
Seattle.

flatpicker
we all know there are only two place he would want to play... NY or LA

Nodoubtguy
10-03-2008, 02:35 PM
NYRB.....

Parkdale
10-03-2008, 02:35 PM
I would love to see him here..... but I only dream when I'm sleeping.

justin
10-03-2008, 02:36 PM
he would tear this league a new asshole

Fort York Redcoat
10-03-2008, 02:39 PM
New York only in the new stadium.

flatpicker
10-03-2008, 02:40 PM
New York only in the new stadium.

well, then lucky for NY because they will have their new stadium for next season.

Sonny Cheeba
10-03-2008, 02:41 PM
Thierry Henry has revealed that he would be open to a move to America should he receive an interesting offer from the MLS.

read more here!
http://www.setantasports.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/10/03/La-Liga-Henry-on-America-move/

he already does look good in red.
http://freekicker.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/thierry-henry-arsenal.jpg

Fort York Redcoat
10-03-2008, 02:43 PM
well, then lucky for NY because they will have their new stadium for next season.

I wonder though if the fact its in NJ might tip the scale to him being the second (third?) DP in LA?

flatpicker
^^ wait a minute??? Is he carrying that ball??? what sport is he playing there???!!!

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
ok who can transform that pic into a TFC jersey? :)

flatpicker work your magic!! ;)

Ossington Mental Youth
10-03-2008, 02:48 PM
said numerous times he wants to play in NYC cuz its his favorite city and he loves the US.
I wouldnt count on him coming here ever.

TicTacTabarnack
10-03-2008, 02:50 PM

You're making me hyperventilate!!!

BakaGaijin
10-03-2008, 02:53 PM
It would be impossible for Henry to join TFC.........MacLaren is not his agent.

joel
10-03-2008, 02:57 PM
I think it's very well known that he will be playing for New York.

mlsintoronto
10-03-2008, 02:58 PM
if he goes to NY I'd take Angel...I'm only saying. No I do not have any insider info!

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
10-03-2008, 03:01 PM
if he goes to NY I'd take Angel...I'm only saying. No I do not have any insider info!

wouldnt work....angel hates Field turf!!:rolleyes:

stugautz
10-03-2008, 03:03 PM
He's going to Columbus...and Columbus is moving to Vegas. That's the only way he shows up.

Beach_Red
10-03-2008, 03:04 PM
Seattle.

With xbox on the front of the jersey.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
10-03-2008, 03:05 PM

Think big PAUL!

the DP money is right there in your POCKET!!:D

http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/1756/wedg3.png (http://www.imagehosting.com/)

McBrace
10-03-2008, 03:06 PM

You and me both.... It's fun to dream isn't it:rolleyes:

Redcoe15
10-03-2008, 03:21 PM
New York makes the most sense, seeing as he loves the city. I would imagine MLS would try to make it happen to create some buzz in the city and the league. Especially if they're determined to add a second team there in the not too distant future.

FluSH
10-03-2008, 03:36 PM

read more here!

How does he feel about playing on FieldTurf?

Ossington Mental Youth
10-03-2008, 03:45 PM
They also have a second DP (dont forget whatshisface retired)

ben_vw
10-03-2008, 03:47 PM
I'd bet money on Henry in NYRB next season. Only a small amount of money though, cause I could be wrong.

flatpicker
10-03-2008, 04:00 PM

DAMN YOU!!! I can never say "no" to such requests!!!

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k139/brushstroke-man/henrytfc2.jpg

Jack
10-03-2008, 04:07 PM
NYC or LA, most likely.

flatpicker
10-03-2008, 04:09 PM
^

we all know there are only two place he would want to play... NY or LA

obviously I agree...

nascarguy
10-03-2008, 04:21 PM
we need grass 1st no good dp will come with out grass or maybe we sould just pay jimmy b dp money he is the only player that like our field.....

SLBuu
10-03-2008, 04:41 PM
shit flatpicker,

you did an awesome job..... someone please forward that pic to Henry. Plant the seed people, plant the seed.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
10-03-2008, 05:33 PM

AMAZING!!!! GREAT WORK BRO!:D

flatpicker
10-03-2008, 05:37 PM
^ and that's as real as it will ever be!

:(

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
10-03-2008, 05:38 PM
^ and that's as real as it will ever be!

:(

how true!:rolleyes:

TFC_Toon
10-03-2008, 05:44 PM
WOW Flat, excellent! I already have it as my desktop wallpaper, for one night anyway we can dream. Hey even if he does sign for NY, he will likely make an appearance at BMO somewhere down the line, way bigger deal than Beckham.

Shakes McQueen
10-03-2008, 05:51 PM
As a Barca/Arsenal supporter, I would absolutely shit my knickers if Henry ever came to Toronto FC. However, I also know there is almost a nil chance of that happening.

He has said a trillion times that he wants to go to New York, if/when he goes to MLS.

I don't begrudge him that - New York is a great city. Even if the Red Bulls are SHITE.

I would love to get someone around this caliber as our DP, though.

- Scott

TFC_Toon
10-03-2008, 05:56 PM
As a Barca/Arsenal supporter, I would absolutely shit my knickers if Henry ever came to Toronto FC.

:lol:

Keyman
10-03-2008, 06:00 PM
If he comes he'll be going to Seattle, I've heard this from numerous people.

They want a star player to kickstart their club, and who is better than Henry?

Ossington Mental Youth
10-03-2008, 06:12 PM
No the only thing Seattle has to offer is money.
I would bet my life on him going to New York, feel free to bump this thread and highlight what im writing to remnd me should i be wrong

ricciboy
10-03-2008, 06:16 PM
i think he will come to toronto

Oblio2
10-03-2008, 06:39 PM
Henry is a gooner cockbag...still, if he wanyed to come here i would consider looking deep in my heart and forgive him for that transgression

Cashcleaner
10-03-2008, 06:40 PM
All the stars point to New York if Henry ever makes it over to play here in MLS.

Which is a shame. Toronto FC does have the money to pay for him but I don't think they would (remember that quote a while back about a World XI DP player?), and with the turf getting such bad press, I doubt we'll get many players of his calibre interested in a contract with Toronto.

starrynightnf
10-03-2008, 07:48 PM

Wow! that rocks! great job... now what can you do about changing the field turf at BMO? ;)

Ossington Mental Youth
10-03-2008, 07:51 PM
All the stars point to New York if Henry ever makes it over to play here in MLS.

Which is a shame. Toronto FC does have the money to pay for him but I don't think they would (remember that quote a while back about a World XI DP player?), and with the turf getting such bad press, I doubt we'll get many players of his calibre interested in a contract with Toronto.

Yep, something we have to realize.
However it also could mean that we become a team that produces players like Henry, now that would be brilliant

icecoldbeer
10-03-2008, 09:29 PM
sick work flatpicker!

jloome
10-03-2008, 09:31 PM
Any way to send that to Henry's agent?

BuSaPuNk
10-03-2008, 11:10 PM
Any way to send that to Henry's agent?

Yeah send it to his agent!! Also would help tell him he would pay less taxes over here too!! :canada:

Pachuco
10-03-2008, 11:11 PM
If he comes he'll be going to Seattle, I've heard this from numerous people.

They want a star player to kickstart their club, and who is better than Henry?

Right because TFC doesn't need a kickstart or someone as good as Henry. Just repeating MLSE, not you :)

GhostPK
10-03-2008, 11:22 PM
Hes going to seattle.... they have too much money and they will be looking for a "beckham" impact on their new club.

Shakes McQueen
10-04-2008, 03:51 AM
Hes going to seattle.... they have too much money and they will be looking for a "beckham" impact on their new club.

I don't think the question is whether Seattle would WANT Thierry Henry. The question is where he want's to go.

Everything he has ever said about MLS, indicates New York. And they have an empty DP slot, to boot.

- Scott

Cashcleaner
10-04-2008, 04:10 AM
Henry going to Seattle doesn't sound like too much of a stretch, though I agree the ball is pretty much in his court and he'll go wherever he choices more than anything else. I can easily imagine Drew Carrey and the other owners of the Sounders getting together and offering a contract, though.

Shakes McQueen
10-04-2008, 05:25 AM
Henry going to Seattle doesn't sound like too much of a stretch, though I agree the ball is pretty much in his court and he'll go wherever he choices more than anything else. I can easily imagine Drew Carrey and the other owners of the Sounders getting together and offering a contract, though.

I reckon tons of teams will line up to try and sign Henry if he indicates he finally wants to come over. In fact, I would HOPE Toronto FC is one of those teams lining up, if we don't have a DP at the time.

I won't categorically rule out Seattle, because it's a great city too. I just know pretty much everything Henry has ever had to say about MLS, and he always indicates a desire to live in New York City. I doubt the trip to Jersey to play matches would do much to deter that.

Personally, unless he came to Toronto, I hope he stays in Europe for a while longer. He isn't that old yet, and he has a lot to offer a team that will give him the opportunity. Barcelona continue sticking the poor guy out on the left wing, where he is completely unhappy, and uncomfortable.

- Scott

Toronto Gunner
10-04-2008, 08:48 AM
Thierry said in an interview last year that he would consider moving to MLS, but if he did, it would be for NY. He thinks that New York is the greatest city in the world and would like to live there some day.

If he does play for TFC but wants to live in New York I would volunteer to drive him to practices and to games everyweek

Sonny Cheeba
10-04-2008, 06:03 PM
flatpicker. i'm going to hug you.

Roogsy
10-04-2008, 06:52 PM

Mint. :hurray:

Anyone see the cracker he scored off the bench today? I drool at the thought of him doing that for TFC.

flatpicker
10-05-2008, 03:59 AM
flatpicker. i'm going to hug you.

well I do give them away for free

TicTacTabarnack
10-05-2008, 10:11 AM
I would absolutely shit my knickers if Henry ever came to Toronto FC.

You and me both man... You and me both!

Nice photoshop skills Flatpicker! Absolutely beautiful in TFC Red!

Broadview
10-05-2008, 10:24 AM
Has anyone filed a discovery on the guy? Anyone know if that's even possible?

Fort York Redcoat
10-06-2008, 07:47 AM
Make sure to tell Theiry that French is also our national language.:D

Redcoe15
10-06-2008, 09:51 AM
Well, according to the article below, Brad Ryan knows exactly where Henry will be playing in MLS:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/65454-thierry-henry-welcome-to-miami

My opinion on Ryan: :out:

Fort York Redcoat
10-06-2008, 10:29 AM
He must look at Becks and think " Une autre ans dans la ligue vrai."

Pinkie- that incredible bilingualism was for you.:D

TFCREDNWHITE
10-06-2008, 10:59 AM
AAhhh i'm not so sure about that....Miami wouldn't be ready to go until the 2010 season and i'm pretty sure that Henry will be starting in the MLS in 2009, i'd say NY.

redcard
10-06-2008, 11:03 AM
Henry to NYRB, simply because they need to fill that shiney new stadium.

james
10-06-2008, 09:34 PM

it was scheduled to be completed late next year...i believe September. But they seem to be behind construction schedule so its not for sure the stadium will be completed before the 2009 season is over.

I sure hope it is tho, im dam sick of seeing those nasty NFL gridlines on the pitch!

Cashcleaner
10-07-2008, 01:45 AM
Well, according to the article below, Brad Ryan knows exactly where Henry will be playing in MLS:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/65454-thierry-henry-welcome-to-miami

My opinion on Ryan: :out:

Henry to Miami? You've got to be kidding me. Firstly, I don't think we'll see a franchise back down that way for quite a while - if ever. Secondly, there is no chance that a French-Algerian is gonna want to play in a part of the country that's renown for it's xenophobia.

Nomad
10-07-2008, 12:53 PM
Henry is not Algerian, his parents are from Guadeloupe....and he already plays in Spain which is renowned for it's xenophobia.

That being said, i'd hate for him to play for TFC. I'm even a French fan but i can't stand his diving style. It wouldn't happen anyway. Pretty sure he even stated he wanted to play for NY.

Technorgasm
10-08-2008, 01:21 PM

I want that for my wall.

WELL DONE SON!

Cashcleaner
10-09-2008, 12:26 AM
Henry is not Algerian, his parents are from Guadeloupe....and he already plays in Spain which is renowned for it's xenophobia.

That being said, i'd hate for him to play for TFC. I'm even a French fan but i can't stand his diving style. It wouldn't happen anyway. Pretty sure he even stated he wanted to play for NY.

My bad!

Though, I still think him going to Miami is a long shot if they ever got a franchise, of course.

werewolf
10-09-2008, 12:38 AM
Maybe Henry could convince Robert to come back too, lol.

How is Miami xenophobic? It is a mix of white, black and Cuban.

Sonny Cheeba
10-09-2008, 12:40 AM
i don't see him going to miami as a long shot. considering the club he plays for and their potential to assist in getting a team to miami. goes together if you ask me.

yeah yeah, nobody asked me. blah blah blah

Cashcleaner
10-09-2008, 12:41 AM
Maybe Henry could convince Robert to come back too, lol.

How is Miami xenophobic? It is a mix of white, black and Cuban.

Just trust me on this one.

Jack
10-09-2008, 03:44 PM
Wow... MLSRumours stole your image, Flatpicker.

Shaughno
10-09-2008, 03:46 PM
Along with this...

Well according to this anonymous email an offer will be made:

Hello MLSR, I wish to be anonymous but you should know by now that the information I give you is correct. If you forgot, I'm the person who first informed you last year that there were talks to expand BMO Field and bring in grass. Perhaps you have heard John Carver has said he will leave unless Toronto uses their DP slot on a quality player. And perhaps you have heard that Thierry Henry is looking to make a move, perhaps to MLS. What you don't know, and what I know is that Thierry Henry's name tops the list of who MLSE is pursuing. Whether or not they are able to beat out Seattle and New York remains to be seen but the offer will be out there and it will be substantial. So with Seattle, New York and now Toronto linked to T.H. is there any chance he ISN'T in MLS in 2009?

Jack
10-09-2008, 03:50 PM
What a load of BS.

An anonymous email. LOL.

Shaughno
10-09-2008, 03:58 PM
Yeah exactly. :lol:

I was the one who informed you about expanding BMO and grass

Hmm... yeah, cause both those are a reality already. :lol:

Ossington Mental Youth
10-09-2008, 04:18 PM
just trying to get their hits up by trolling

TFC Cityboy
10-09-2008, 04:27 PM
rumour is that City will try and snag him in January. He's still got a year or 2 in the tank before he lowers himself to the pub league that MLS is....

RealG-TFC
10-09-2008, 04:43 PM
Henry to Miami? You've got to be kidding me. Firstly, I don't think we'll see a franchise back down that way for quite a while - if ever. Secondly, there is no chance that a French-Algerian is gonna want to play in a part of the country that's renown for it's xenophobia.

Miami xenophobic? MY family members don't think so.

StandUpIfYouHateChelsea
10-09-2008, 04:47 PM

LOL you forgot to remove the barclays tho from his back ^_^

Shakes McQueen
10-09-2008, 04:48 PM
rumour is that City will try and snag him in January. He's still got a year or 2 in the tank before he lowers himself to the pub league that MLS is....

While I'm certain Man City will bid on him, I'm almost equally certain that he won't go there. He has too much love for Arsenal, to play for one of their rivals, in the same domestic league.

Thierry Henry always said that, if he were ever to leave the Gunners, the only other club in Europe he would play for was Barcelona.

He's probably closer to MLS than some people might think.

- Scott

Ossington Mental Youth
10-09-2008, 04:54 PM
tend to agree with shakes here

Sonny Cheeba
10-09-2008, 05:02 PM

too too toooooo funny. hahahaha

TFC Cityboy
10-09-2008, 05:16 PM
While I'm certain Man City will bid on him, I'm almost equally certain that he won't go there. He has too much love for Arsenal, to play for one of their rivals, in the same domestic league.

Thierry Henry always said that, if he were ever to leave the Gunners, the only other club in Europe he would play for was Barcelona.

He's probably closer to MLS than some people might think.

- Scott
I can respect that. I'd LOVE to see him in MLS -especially in a TFC shirt, however remote that chance may seem!

Shakes McQueen
10-09-2008, 05:20 PM
The biggest coup for MLS, would be if Henry comes over at his current age. It lends some measure of legitimacy to the league, if a guy like Henry - who is by no means past his expiration date - decides to come over, when he clearly had other, more lucrative options.

I'd pay anything to see one of my favourite players suit up for the Reds, but I suspect it won't be happening, unless MLSE does a REALLY good sales job on Toronto.

- Scott

flatpicker
10-09-2008, 05:32 PM

Oh..... MY...... GOD!!!!

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is so unbelievably funny!!!!

:smilielol5:

Perhaps I have magic powers!!!!

"If I paint it, he will come"????!!!!

flatpicker
10-10-2008, 09:58 AM
by the way... I am offended that they would steal the image that I stole, and edited without permission, without my permission!

Nodoubtguy
10-10-2008, 10:09 AM
Oh..... MY...... GOD!!!!

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is so unbelievably funny!!!!

:smilielol5:

Perhaps I have magic powers!!!!

"If I paint it, he will come"????!!!!

ok....if thats the case, start editing this pic please

http://www.fcbarcelona.cat/web/thumbnails/534_198/Imatges/2008-2009/futbol/primer_equip/plantilla/poster_primerequip.JPG

flatpicker
10-10-2008, 02:48 PM
ok....if thats the case, start editing this pic please

http://www.fcbarcelona.cat/web/thumbnails/534_198/Imatges/2008-2009/futbol/primer_equip/plantilla/poster_primerequip.JPG

perhaps I could... but if they all come here I think we would have trouble fitting them under the cap!