PDA

View Full Version : Paul B aka MLSINTORONTO

togetherness
10-03-2008, 08:54 AM
Is there any reason for the FO to make changes or to somehow try and regain the faith ..

Last place again this year ...
Lots of changes and No results..

Does FO have an obligation to speak out and let us know that they want more and explain how they are going to go about it???

Wagner
10-03-2008, 09:06 AM
Calling him out won't accomplish anything.

I'm not happy with the team.

But I'd rather have the communication connection there...

calling him out doesn't help.

togetherness
10-03-2008, 09:09 AM
I don't feel this is "calling him out"

GM do have a PR responsibility

TFCREDNWHITE
10-03-2008, 09:12 AM
Pauls a good guy, he'll read this, and give us all a little insight...eh paul??

throw us a bone..

Boris
10-03-2008, 09:20 AM
this is borderline ...please keep this on track...

flatpicker
10-03-2008, 09:20 AM
Sometimes I think we are a little spoiled in here.
Somehow I don't think the management from the Leafs, Raptors, or Jays go on the fan message boards and discuss their plans for next season.
Paul is good enough to come here from time to time to speak up. Whether or not we agree with everything the FO does, we should still be pleased that they communicate with us as well as they do.

Let's not get greedy!

:)

canadian_bhoy
10-03-2008, 09:34 AM
Sometimes I think we are a little spoiled in here.
Somehow I don't think the management from the Leafs, Raptors, or Jays go on the fan message boards and discuss their plans for next season.
Paul is good enough to come here from time to time to speak up. Whether or not we agree with everything the FO does, we should still be pleased that they communicate with us as well as they do.

Let's not get greedy!

:)

The guy who used to be one of the heads of management at the Raptors used to go on Real GM all the time a few years back.... Wait a minute!!!!!

This thread is hilarious - I'm sure Paul is going to come in and post the following:

"You guys are right, I'd like to take this opportunity to tell the world that I've fired Mo"

togetherness
I am not saying the FO should come on the Message Board and tell us whats up..
God no

I am saying do they have an obligation to at least speak out in Media or on TFCtv even to just say this season has not been what we wanted and we will not accept this type of result..
I know when I see a team do that it goes along way

Del Boy
Paul has always been a stand up guy on this board, for which most of us are grateful to have such access. If there is something to be said here I'm sure he will speak up, if not, he won't

rocker
10-03-2008, 09:35 AM
why not just ask the guy yourself at the games?
I see Paul at every game wandering around. go up to him and ask him.

Don Julio
10-03-2008, 09:37 AM
It might be a bit more appropriate for him to discuss that after the season. I expect a typical end of year press conference discussing this type of thing then.

Beach_Red
10-03-2008, 09:39 AM
How much of the team's business do you want it to conduct in public?

Wagner
10-03-2008, 09:40 AM
I am not saying the FO should come on the Message Board and tell us whats up..
God no

I am saying do they have an obligation to at least speak out in Media or on TFCtv even to just say this season has not been what we wanted and we will not accept this type of result..
I know when I see a team do that it goes along way

what are you going to do if he doesn't?

Flats said it well.
we are very lucky to have the communication that we do...

Do you think Steinbrenner? Cashman? Theo Epstien? Bill Parcells? Jerry Jones? Paul Godfrey? Mark Cuban? etc....go on to a Fan site to see what the most passionate fans are saying? or post real and valued info?

Again, I'm pretty pissed at how the season turned out after starting with such promise...but I'm pretty sure they aren't going to fire up the TFCtv cameras to reply to this thread.

canadian_bhoy
10-03-2008, 09:40 AM
:eek: http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=2447

He said it!!!

togetherness
10-03-2008, 09:46 AM
what are you going to do if he doesn't?

Flats said it well.
we are very lucky to have the communication that we do...

Do you think Steinbrenner? Cashman? Theo Epstien? Bill Parcells? Jerry Jones? Paul Godfrey? Mark Cuban? etc....go on to a Fan site to see what the most passionate fans are saying? or post real and valued info?

Again, I'm pretty pissed at how the season turned out after starting with such promise...but I'm pretty sure they aren't going to fire up the TFCtv cameras to reply to this thread.

Why are you so worried about Paul's feelings.. I mean what has he said on here that is so 'scoop" for you..

he has a role that requires him to adjust to the poor results and keep the fans engaged..

Get your tongue out his keester

JDG
10-03-2008, 09:55 AM
The FO has no obligation to be forthcoming with the kind of information that you're seeking.
Would they benefit by keeping us happy? Somewhat, but probably not as much as you might think. No matter what they tell us, there is always a negative reaction from many, and sometimes the most positive news gets twisted into something negative here on the forums.
Paul has been outstanding from the start. We don't get as much communication from him as we once did, and we're to be blamed for that. We've grown too large to hold civil online discussions. Too many voices chiming in with too many perspectives - with the most negative voices dominating disproportionally.
With fewer voices, Paul got better feedback. It wasn't always ass kissing "We love you!" messages. We often were negative, but it always remained civil. Those days are gone.

Boris
10-03-2008, 10:01 AM
and with those words from jdg...this thread is done