PDA

View Full Version : Dobson: Harmse Called Up, Carver's had offers

arbogast
10-02-2008, 07:03 PM
Harmse has been called up but not Jimmy. Un--fricckkkin'-believable.

Carver's had offers back home but chose to stick it out. Admirable.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/blogs/2008/10/02/dobson_tfc_soccer/

Wooster_TFC
10-02-2008, 07:06 PM
I hate to say it, but I'm much happier with Harmse called up instead of Jimmy. Klukowski was going to be starting anyways, and there's no real way that Jimmy makes that midfield. Better to lose a bench player where we at least have some depth than a starter where we have no depth. And it's not as if Canada is any worse off for it.

Roogsy
10-02-2008, 07:08 PM
I am ok with this. Why call up Jimmy B so that we don't get to see him in TFC red?

Dale Mitchell doesn't know his head from his ass...the team is in disarray, why would we want to send Jimmy in to the middle of that?

Canary Canuck
10-02-2008, 07:09 PM
Jimmy whining about playing time may have factored into the decision. I'm sure De Jong will be taking his spot on the bench.

Axeman
10-02-2008, 07:13 PM
Jimmy whining about playing time may have factored into the decision. I'm sure De Jong will be taking his spot on the bench.
Brennan deserves to be called up! I dont want to see him miss a TFC game like this week's but the guy's worn the captain's armband for Canada, is Captain of Canada's biggest team, made the MLS all-star's, etc.
He should be called up, but it's true Dale Mitchell doesn't know his head from his arse! That fucking Tit!

SilverSamurai
10-02-2008, 07:15 PM
I am ok with this. Why call up Jimmy B so that we don't get to see him in TFC red?

Dale Mitchell doesn't know his head from his ass...the team is in disarray, why would we want to send Jimmy in to the middle of that?

WTF?!
Well... 4 more years...
Mitchell is an idiot....

arbogast
10-02-2008, 07:49 PM
I hate to say it, but I'm much happier with Harmse called up instead of Jimmy. Klukowski was going to be starting anyways, and there's no real way that Jimmy makes that midfield. Better to lose a bench player where we at least have some depth than a starter where we have no depth. And it's not as if Canada is any worse off for it.

Yeah Klukowski has a lock at LB, but, Jimmy should be playing LM since it's clear that Bernier and Hume couldn't get that job done.

I think I'm more shocked that Carver didn't take the easy way out and go back home. I'm seriously impressed with his decision to stick it out.

Axeman
10-02-2008, 08:01 PM
Brennan is better than Klukowski!
Way Better!
Klukowski did fuck all in the first few games, and looked totally lost!
Klukowski = Overrated.

ccopela
10-03-2008, 12:21 AM
Brennan is better than Klukowski!
Way Better!
Klukowski did fuck all in the first few games, and looked totally lost!
Klukowski = Overrated.

I am going to disagree i think Klukowski was one of our better players against Honduras and Mexico.

Toronto Ruffrider
10-03-2008, 01:25 AM
WTF?!
Well... 4 more years...
Mitchell is an idiot....

Mitchell makes idiots look quite clever. Five minutes into our next match, we'll be down to 10 men and Harmse will already be on a flight back to T.O.

nascarguy
10-03-2008, 02:46 AM
It looks like my fire Dale Mitchell banner is not working time for a big banner

Wooster_TFC
10-03-2008, 07:03 AM
Yeah Klukowski has a lock at LB, but, Jimmy should be playing LM since it's clear that Bernier and Hume couldn't get that job done.

I think I'm more shocked that Carver didn't take the easy way out and go back home. I'm seriously impressed with his decision to stick it out.

Issey Nakajima Farran (spelling) is the lock at LM, Jimmy only got the start because he was hurt. Jimmy was bound to be stapled to the bench, maybe come in for a couple of minutes.

TFCREDNWHITE
10-03-2008, 08:46 AM
Thank God that Carver is willing and happy to stay! We need him in year 3 more than we've ever needed him before!!

rocker
10-03-2008, 09:49 AM
in the Jamaica game I didn't hear the player roster announcement and I thought Klukowski was Jim Brennan in the first half.
he runs the same way... and he had some shitty crosses in that game, so we figured it was Jimmy. hahha

arbogast
10-03-2008, 11:19 AM
Issey Nakajima Farran (spelling) is the lock at LM, Jimmy only got the start because he was hurt. Jimmy was bound to be stapled to the bench, maybe come in for a couple of minutes.

Right. But issey isn't healthy. erego, jimmy should be starting LM

sampace
10-03-2008, 11:36 AM
I thought Harmse played well in defence last week for the Reds. Perhaps that is why Mitchell called him up. It works best this way anyway, as Brennen is the captain of the team and this way he will stay here and play for the TFC. I think Harmse back on defence for TFC is a decent move and hopefully he will get more playing time when he is back from World Cup Qualifying.:canada:

Wooster_TFC
10-03-2008, 12:02 PM
Right. But issey isn't healthy. erego, jimmy should be starting LM

Is he still hurt? I thought it was only a couple week type injury?