PDA

View Full Version : Edgar Davids

Milton_Arab
05-20-2008, 02:13 PM
not sure if this was posted already but i noticed he is out of contract at ajax and is looking for a new club. i know our main priority is for a striker but what do you guys think of him as well? he is 35 years old, but a real fighter. he would easily be a fan favourite and i think if we had him it would allow us to move from a 5 man midfield to a 4 man. not only would it help defensively with his tackling, but would increase the attacking options, and take away from dichio having to drop back all the time to try and win balls

Damien
05-20-2008, 02:14 PM
FC Dallas took a run for him last year but apparently he was asking a lil much.

Jack
05-20-2008, 02:15 PM
No thanks.

Good player, but our midfield is sorted. I think the DP should be a striker for sure.

Milton_Arab
05-20-2008, 02:20 PM
No thanks.

Good player, but our midfield is sorted. I think the DP should be a striker for sure.

of course, no argument there, the striker is the priority. but i think davids would be a useful addition if possible that's all. is the DP position decided by name (by that i mean, big name player) or by wage level? i don't know the rules for it, never bothered to look to be honest

Jack
05-20-2008, 02:23 PM
of course, no argument there, the striker is the priority. but i think davids would be a useful addition if possible that's all. is the DP position decided by name (by that i mean, big name player) or by wage level? i don't know the rules for it, never bothered to look to be honest
Wage level.

ensco
05-20-2008, 02:23 PM
To me, Davids, if he were to come to MLS, feels like a player who would only be happy in a big US market....

the guy has too much stature, tons of Euro/World Cup and Serie A experience, and would probably have lunchbag letdown in MLS unless he could be part of a NY or an LA.

martina
05-20-2008, 02:38 PM
I'd rather see Pauleta from PSG... it is a striker we need. Heard that he is done there and he might have a few good years left. I know this was discussed on this board also.

Mango Kid
05-20-2008, 02:39 PM
We're set in the midfield I'd say. A couple months back, I'd have killed to get him. Now, not much interest.

Milton_Arab
05-20-2008, 03:07 PM
I'd rather see Pauleta from PSG... it is a striker we need. Heard that he is done there and he might have a few good years left. I know this was discussed on this board also.

pauleta would be an unreal signing, realistic as well i think. if anyone disagrees they have no clue about football at all

TheRenter
05-20-2008, 03:41 PM
No thanks.

seconded!

TheRenter
05-20-2008, 03:44 PM
I'd rather see Pauleta from PSG.

again seconded!

brando
05-20-2008, 03:50 PM
Davids is washed up and has caused a considerable amount of trouble in the majority of his stops. Team chemistry looks to be very good at this point, so why mess with it and bring in a player we clearly don't need? He wouldn't take a pay cut to sit on our bench, and that's what he would have to do here.

That said, I've always been a big fan of his eyewear.......

Red CB Toronto
05-20-2008, 04:31 PM
A strikes is what we need, we have one of the best midfields in the MLS, all we need now is a big time finisher up front.

martina
05-20-2008, 04:34 PM
That said, I've always been a big fan of his eyewear.......

:lol: good one. even though he needs them, he still looks like a goof

T_Mizz
05-20-2008, 05:23 PM
Yeah sorry but this would be a stupid move and how would adding another midfielder change our formation from 5 man to 4?

Leafs 92/93
05-20-2008, 10:19 PM
performance inhancing substances are keeping this guy afloat, noooo thankyou.

noochie
05-20-2008, 11:14 PM
I wasn't aware the team needed a welder

Red CB Toronto
05-20-2008, 11:20 PM
We do not need an aging midfielder, we already have one of the best midfields in the MLS.