PDA

View Full Version : Huge Tfc Gear Sale

DebenTFC
09-30-2008, 04:51 PM
for those intrested i saw on the http://jmtmetrosport.com/ website that all toronto fc gear is 30% off strarting on thursday and goes all through the weekend. This sale is happening at all 3 JMT locations.

TFCREDNWHITE
09-30-2008, 05:45 PM
Just remember that one of the reasons why these "big" sales are going on...is because a new jersey is coming out or being launched in late November early december. The new jersey has a redesign!

giambac
09-30-2008, 05:56 PM
Just remember that one of the reasons why these "big" sales are going on...is because a new jersey is coming out or being launched in late November early december. The new jersey has a redesign!

Another reason why they are going on sale is beacuse the demand for the merchandise has gone south with the poor play and terrible season.

TFCREDNWHITE
09-30-2008, 05:57 PM
Another reason why they are going on sale is beacuse the demand for the merchandise has gone south with the poor play and terrible season.

LOL. :)

Shakes McQueen
09-30-2008, 06:41 PM

You just can't help yourself.

- Scott

Bobo
09-30-2008, 07:12 PM
Didn't know Vinnie Paz was big on MLS. I guess the expansion to Philly has inspired him.

(Tell me someone got that):(

wzhxvy
09-30-2008, 08:02 PM

Ok so I usually read your posts and although you are biased, I dont mind them because its an opinion and what the heck...good to read what others think maybe I will learn something. But for you to pretend that you know that merchandise sales have done down and then correlate it to poor play is based on nothing...you have no idea what merchandise sales are.

Torcida
09-30-2008, 08:06 PM
Why can't we push for a supporter's jersey sans advertisement. I refuse to purchase a BMO jersey and I will stick to my original jersey until they offer a supporter's jersey but I doubt that will happen unless the interest is high enough.

Who else would buy a supporter's jersey at a reduced price?

redcard
09-30-2008, 08:12 PM

I am sure it has a lot to do with a new jersey design.

tfc_4_ever
09-30-2008, 09:00 PM
You just can't help yourself.

- Scott

sadly he cant

RedRum
09-30-2008, 10:05 PM
Why can't we push for a supporter's jersey sans advertisement. I refuse to purchase a BMO jersey and I will stick to my original jersey until they offer a supporter's jersey but I doubt that will happen unless the interest is high enough.

Lets go raid the knock-off jersey car north of the GO tunnel. Sew an RPB or Supporters United crest on it. Problem solved on the cheap :D

James Oliphant
10-01-2008, 02:47 AM
Will people please stop quoting giambac? It's hard to ignore him when his posts get quoted 5 times in a thread...

Cashcleaner
10-01-2008, 03:05 AM

Excuse my forgetfulness, but doesn't the new shirt have a proper embroidered crest? I remember seeing a somewhat fuzzy pic of the new kit a while back, but didn't get a good look at the crest.

BuSaPuNk
10-01-2008, 06:06 AM

I Would definatly buy one! There should also be a canadian flag put on it as well :canada:

TFCREDNWHITE
10-01-2008, 07:09 AM
Excuse my forgetfulness, but doesn't the new shirt have a proper embroidered crest? I remember seeing a somewhat fuzzy pic of the new kit a while back, but didn't get a good look at the crest.

Yup, it will have a proper embroidered crest.

I also hope they have an awesome 3rd or alternate jersey!!

I own both, an away and home jersey and i don't really like the grey one..:(

giambac
10-01-2008, 10:47 AM
Ok so I usually read your posts and although you are biased, I dont mind them because its an opinion and what the heck...good to read what others think maybe I will learn something. But for you to pretend that you know that merchandise sales have done down and then correlate it to poor play is based on nothing...you have no idea what merchandise sales are.

When the team was playing well, merchandise sales were up
When the team plays bad, merchandise sales go down and therfore the big sales come out.

When the team plays well there are few to none empty seats in the stadium

When the team plays bad there are several thousand empty seats in the stadium.

You don't have to be a genius to figure this out.;)

redcard
10-01-2008, 10:55 AM
i am sure that the quality of to a certain extent does dictate sales of merchandise, however in this case it is because the new kits are coming out and if they dont move the old stock, it will be even harder when the new stuff is on the shelves...

flatpicker
10-01-2008, 11:11 AM

God I hope the new jersey looks decent.
I know that sneaky photo was floated around in the forum but do we know for sure if that is their main kit next season?

anyways... embroidered crest = awesome!

Fort York Redcoat
10-01-2008, 11:11 AM

I want to wear what the players wear. That's why I waited for the sponsor.

New design in Nov? Will they still be using the calculator font?

giambac
10-01-2008, 01:57 PM
I am sure it has a lot to do with a new jersey design.

Forget about the new jersey design for next year. I hope they have anew team for next year.:rolleyes:

Sonny Cheeba
10-01-2008, 02:23 PM
Didn't know Vinnie Paz was big on MLS. I guess the expansion to Philly has inspired him.

(Tell me someone got that):(

I got it. i thought about Jedi Mind Tricks when i saw JMT as well. you're not alone.

RedRum
10-01-2008, 02:24 PM
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

Take that James you foul bastard :D

flatpicker
10-01-2008, 02:27 PM
^ Zing!

giambac
10-01-2008, 03:06 PM
Take that James you foul bastard :D

I counted. you had 563 Blahs in there.

Shakes McQueen
10-01-2008, 09:06 PM
When the team was playing well, merchandise sales were up
When the team plays bad, merchandise sales go down and therfore the big sales come out.

When the team plays well there are few to none empty seats in the stadium

When the team plays bad there are several thousand empty seats in the stadium.

You don't have to be a genius to figure this out.;)

Professional sports paraphernalia always gets sold at a discount, when the season is almost over. They do it for the same reason that stores sell skates cheaper in the summer, or bicycles cheaper in the winter - to spur sales, which are slumping for obvious reasons.

You have nothing, aside from factless deduction based on some empty seats, to prove your assertion.

- Scott

Cambridge_Red
10-01-2008, 09:09 PM
Word on the street is they're keeping a re-designed grey away jersey.

Cambridge_Red
10-01-2008, 09:11 PM
P.S. people please stop quoting you know who, hes on my block list for a reason!! :D

BuSaPuNk
10-02-2008, 06:00 AM
For anyone that is still looking for them, I was at Square One today and the Foot Locker there has a few original jerseys no sponsor for $60. I picked up a grey one.

giambac
10-02-2008, 01:19 PM
]Professional sports paraphernalia always gets sold at a discount, when the season is almost over[/B]. They do it for the same reason that stores sell skates cheaper in the summer, or bicycles cheaper in the winter - to spur sales, which are slumping for obvious reasons.

You have nothing, aside from factless deduction based on some empty seats, to prove your assertion.

- Scott

If that's the case then the merchandise would have gone on sale 4 months ago. The way we palyed (1 win in 4 months) our season was ove rin June:cool:

Cashcleaner
10-02-2008, 04:15 PM

Thanks for the clarification. I don't mind the current away grey kit, but I think they should have went with white for the primary colour instead.

And as for an alternate, you know what would be cool? A retro-style green shirt with white trim. Kinda like what they did for the hockey teams a while back with the old Winnipeg Falcons jersey.

http://www.toffs.com/content/ebiz/toffs/invt/2019/2019l.jpg

Valentine
10-02-2008, 10:26 PM
Went by the store in Mississauga on in the Plaza near the Erindale GO Station. They did not even have any scarfs left! Cashier said they have not had them since December. Waste of my time even going by.

Redcoe15
10-03-2008, 08:04 AM
I counted. you had 563 Blahs in there.
I saw 776 BLAHs. Ain't multiplication grand? :D

Krazy_kid
10-03-2008, 10:23 AM
Went by the store in Mississauga on in the Plaza near the Erindale GO Station. They did not even have any scarfs left! Cashier said they have not had them since December. Waste of my time even going by.

Ya, don't waste your time going there. Check out CentreSports at the ACC - i was there yesterday and saw plenty of scarves!