PDA

View Full Version : John Carver just called me

colman1860
09-30-2008, 03:43 PM
Another recording, this time telling us to renew by Friday. While I'm definitely renewing, I'm getting the feeling that not everyone will this time around - we've definitely seen a drop in attendance/interest over the past couple games.

Thoughts?

flatpicker
09-30-2008, 03:45 PM
I just renewed my tickets yesterday.

I'm glad I waited because TFC sent me a colourful little reminder pack in the mail that morning.

Carts
09-30-2008, 03:48 PM
I think the drop is more from poor play, poor spot in the standings, and add to that duo poor weather last match...

With the waiting list being a few thousand people - they don't have to worry about the season tickets not selling out...

Us supporters and other die-hard fans will always show up and support - but remember some of the season ticket holders aren't supporters and die hards, and therefor won't show up no matter what the situation...

Carts...

rocker
09-30-2008, 03:49 PM
JC called me too... he is a better speaker than Jim Brennan, that's for sure!

I didn't see the call display, so I waited for that extra ring as it goes to voicemail, and then picked it up to listen... when my message came on he started talking.. then he stopped.. then when he heard the beep he started talking again.. :)

flatpicker
09-30-2008, 03:52 PM
^^

I agree McCartney, there isn't much to worry about at the moment as far as selling out season tickets is concerned.

But if the waiting list starts shortening then they will have little choice but to boost the on-field product to keep interest in the team.

If they keep playing shit soccer then in a few years they could see the ticket demand drop of significantly.

on the bright side... it would open up more seats in the south end for supporters!

reggie
09-30-2008, 03:59 PM
Another recording, this time telling us to renew by Friday. While I'm definitely renewing, I'm getting the feeling that not everyone will this time around - we've definitely seen a drop in attendance/interest over the past couple games.

Thoughts?
did he blame you that we only have 2 wins in the last 21 games...:D

Blazer
09-30-2008, 04:19 PM

Thoughts?

With all of the floundering franchises that this city has put up with, losing just isn’t cool anymore.

I will continue to renew so long as the seasons are reasonably priced (which they are) but too many people expect too much from this team and this franchise too soon.

You’ll see the same wavering fan base attendance drop with the Raps too if their losing ways continue. This country and this city just aren’t built to handle losing beyond hockey, which they will forever love and support. Beyond hockey, we just don’t care enough en mass.