PDA

View Full Version : Marshall's Booking

Shakes McQueen
09-29-2008, 03:26 AM
I was just re-watching my recording of the TFC vs. Houston match, and I had forgotten that Marshall got booked near the end.

Nigel said it was "for complaining to the ref that his jersey was getting tugged". But surely that wasn't grounds for a booking, was it?

Was he doing something else, or was this the usual incompetent MLS referee shenanigans?

- Scott

BuSaPuNk
09-29-2008, 06:03 AM
Was he doing something else, or was this the usual incompetent MLS referee shenanigans?

- Scott

I think it was just stupid shit from the ref. I never seen anything that was a cardable offence. When things go bad with TFC they go terribly bad. :noidea:

Blazer
09-29-2008, 06:24 AM
Marshall’s booking was a legitimate one after he fanned his hand in the air as if the ref was a fly annoyingly buzzing around his head. You can’t gesture towards a referee like that. It was pent up team frustration no doubt after several brutal calls.

Shakes McQueen
09-29-2008, 06:59 AM
Marshall’s booking was a legitimate one after he fanned his hand in the air as if the ref was a fly annoyingly buzzing around his head. You can’t gesture towards a referee like that. It was pent up team frustration no doubt after several brutal calls.

Ah okay, that makes more sense. Reminds me of C. Ronaldo's booking against Chelsea last weekend, when he waved his index finger at the ref for missing a foul against him, as if to say "tsk tsk tsk". Made me laugh out loud that the prima donna got carded for being... a prima donna.

- Scott

sulfur
09-29-2008, 11:00 AM
Yes. The classic "dissent" booking.

Blazer
09-29-2008, 12:02 PM
Which is really a dumb booking to pick up when you consider all of the bad calls that guys could have lost it on. His booking was selfish but more often than not Marshall has been a selfish player. You play those cards when you need the ref to go your way on the next call, not when you just get angry and want to curse at him.

Roogsy
09-29-2008, 12:02 PM
Marshall completely lost my support this year.

Blazer
09-29-2008, 12:14 PM
I sensed apathy in his game this season what with all of the roster changes going on. It’s like he feared his job was on the line and that he could be replaced tomorrow kind of thing?! I quickly fell out of love with his play as soon as I fell in love with his play last season.

Zidane10
09-29-2008, 12:40 PM
With or without Marshall, our defence is about as effective as a sieve. We need some quality defenders for next year, as well as a striker or two.