PDA

View Full Version : "Wynne's score gives Toronto key point"... what is TFC's website smoking?

ua-kozak_TFC
09-27-2008, 05:54 PM
How is that point key??? honestly? The least you could do to fans just be honest... and say the truth. And not try to make that this point helps us in any way.... Honestly. The editor of that website or whoever thought of that is a loser....

if you don;t know what i am talking about check tfc's website....
http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/t280/

LucaGol
09-27-2008, 05:58 PM
Yes ... it was so key ... it allowed us to remain just 1 point behind the San Jose Earthquakes who now have 2 games in a hand on us.

Kickit09
09-27-2008, 06:04 PM
they also claim attendance at " 20,074 " :sosp:

:hand:

twistedchinaman
09-27-2008, 06:04 PM
Yes ... it was so key ... it allowed us to remain just 1 point behind the San Jose Earthquakes who now have 2 games in a hand on us.

Hey, it's better than the nothing that Hunter Freeman almost served.

Sometimes optimism for the sake of it is just...unacceptable.

twistedchinaman
09-27-2008, 06:05 PM

Was there even 16,000? It didn't look it.

MFG1
09-27-2008, 07:56 PM
This is what I am talking about . Rather than post an entire new thread, under this story is this one;

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20080927&content_id=191209&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280.

"The paint was stripping of the walls" Carver says of his half time tirade in the dressing room.

Are you kidding me? Why has it been like this during and after every game and then come Monday you get he media pitch that "we are going back to square one boys, in preparations for next saturdays match" blah blah blah

This team is a train wreck. We are talking about trained paid "professionals" and week after week for half a season the story plays out the same. Mondays we go back to basics and work hard in training and come match day we are a boring, unfocused, non fundamental below average pack of rec league looking diatribes.

There is nothing negative about my comments here, this is the reality. I dont even know where to start on how it can be fixed/salvaged/continued. We don't deserve to represent in the playoffs. I am not mad at any one player or member of management, it has just been almost 4 months of average to deplorable football. It will be a relief to have this season end.

I mean he is not even talking about saving face making the playoffs, he's now talking about trying to save face by at least not finishing in the bottom of the league. What kind of goal is that now a week later? How else can it be so obvious we are this dysfunctional?

wzhxvy
09-27-2008, 07:59 PM
What do you expect from their website. Its an employee who is spinning and adhering by MLS and MLSE rules...being positive, bla bla...no intelligent analysis from that site.

Blizzard
09-27-2008, 08:12 PM
What do you expect from their website. Its an employee who is spinning and adhering by MLS and MLSE rules...being positive, bla bla...no intelligent analysis from that site.

Exactly. It's not a news story from a media outlet, it's a press release.

When's the last time we saw RIM rip a Blackberry in one of their own press releases or CTV writing about how crappy their programming is?

As wzhxvy says, "What do you expect from their website?"

ua-kozak_TFC
09-27-2008, 09:57 PM
Exactly. It's not a news story from a media outlet, it's a press release.

When's the last time we saw RIM rip a Blackberry in one of their own press releases or CTV writing about how crappy their programming is?

As wzhxvy says, "What do you expect from their website?"

I donno if you look at south america all the clubs specially in their official website will say the truth about the team... if they lose or win, they are critical about the play and even if a team wins they might critize the fact that it was a sloppy win or the play was shity.
in real soccer leagues the teams media don;t spit at the fans eyes and say it;s raining...

But i think you are pointing out something very interesting, that this is treated as a buisness ... and not as a sports club... Even if you hear garber speak is all about increasing the image of the brand blah blah proffit. What they fail to understand is that the reason soccer teams around the world are so successful not only because they are well managed organization but more importantly because a Soccer Club is like family over there it's something SACRED. And that is why the euforia never dies in other parts of the world...

deeznutz
09-27-2008, 09:59 PM
welcome to ML$E

Blizzard
09-27-2008, 10:25 PM
I donno if you look at south america all the clubs specially in their official website will say the truth about the team... if they lose or win, they are critical about the play and even if a team wins they might critize the fact that it was a sloppy win or the play was shity.
in real soccer leagues the teams media don;t spit at the fans eyes and say it;s raining...

But i think you are pointing out something very interesting, that this is treated as a buisness ... and not as a sports club... Even if you hear garber speak is all about increasing the image of the brand blah blah proffit. What they fail to understand is that the reason soccer teams around the world are so successful not only because they are well managed organization but more importantly because a Soccer Club is like family over there it's something SACRED. And that is why the euforia never dies in other parts of the world...

This isn't South America. Sorry for seeming a bit flippant with that remark but the reality is that the cultures are very different. I don't think we will come up with many instances of sports teams trashing their own team/players in any major way in a game report/press release.

I'm sure that there will be some rare examples of such but that's just not the way it's done here.

nascarguy
09-28-2008, 08:22 AM
Was there even 16,000? It didn't look it.
not everyone in there seats the beer stands are full. 20,074 is tickets that got scaned at the gate

Boondaddy
09-28-2008, 09:17 AM
How is that point key??? honestly? The least you could do to fans just be honest... and say the truth. And not try to make that this point helps us in any way.... Honestly. The editor of that website or whoever thought of that is a loser....

if you don;t know what i am talking about check tfc's website....
http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/t280/

How is this a big surprise? They are paid to be positive....you'd expect nothing else.

ensco
09-28-2008, 09:24 AM
not everyone in there seats the beer stands are full. 20,074 is tickets that got scaned at the gate

Nope. Attendance is the number of tickets sold.

ua-kozak_TFC
09-28-2008, 10:14 AM
This isn't South America. Sorry for seeming a bit flippant with that remark but the reality is that the cultures are very different. I don't think we will come up with many instances of sports teams trashing their own team/players in any major way in a game report/press release.

I'm sure that there will be some rare examples of such but that's just not the way it's done here.

who was talking about traching...?? Not making fools out of the fans is more than we are asking for...

I mean it doesn;t hapen only south america... in any good soccer league in europe is the same thing...
What do you think Chelsea after losing last year to MAn U were saying "HOOray second place!!!" .....???

ua-kozak_TFC
09-28-2008, 10:16 AM
How is this a big surprise? They are paid to be positive....you'd expect nothing else.

hahaha lol You can be positive and still be critical...

RPB_Brantford_08
09-28-2008, 12:01 PM

all canadian sports franchises go by tickets sold....leaf tickets which many think are impossible to get are avaiable...they don;t sell out dispite what their fans think. but 19,000 and change yesterday not bad considering the weather.

ensco
09-28-2008, 12:38 PM
It's a corporate website.

Here's on article on how the US banks that went bust in the last 3 weeks were handling their problems on their websites.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/28/magazine/28wwln-medium-t.html?_r=1&ref=magazine&oref=slogin