PDA

View Full Version : Full 90

J .
09-26-2008, 10:15 PM
Everyone, the time has come for us to buck up.

Every person, who dare think of themselves as a supporter, RPB or serious TFC fan, will sing the full 90 tomorrow.

There will be no free rides. You should have the expectation to look around and urge, push and commit those around you to devote the 90 minutes to all out efforts.

That is what a true supporter does. We will rally the fans, rally the casual and more importantly, rally the Reds.

Try to arrive as soon as you can. Once you get to where you are going. Pick up a chant and do not stop until you leave the grounds.

It will be vital we start strong so that our lads on the pitch will have the extra will in their souls to carry the day and I believe, if we all put in our efforts, our voices can carry our team forward and with this strong effort from the supporters, we WILL lift our team out of the depths and move forward onto the glory Toronto deserves.

For glory! Toronto FC!

Roogsy
09-26-2008, 10:16 PM
I am already working myself into a frenzy!

TheHollister
09-26-2008, 10:20 PM
Shouldn't we be doing this all season? :noidea: :p

I'm excited for tomorrow. :D

jloome
09-26-2008, 10:24 PM
Shouldn't we be doing this all season? :noidea:

Sing your lungs out boys. I have a big hall gig tomorrow night with my band to release a CD and intend on telling the crowd that I'm celebrating a TFC win.

Cambridge_Red
09-26-2008, 10:31 PM
Epic .

REVOKED

Not Epic anymore

Beach_Red
09-26-2008, 10:37 PM
Sing your lungs out boys. I have a big hall gig tomorrow night with my band to release a CD and intend on telling the crowd that I'm celebrating a TFC win.

Does your band have a website?

flatpicker
09-26-2008, 11:01 PM
does your band have cowbell?

jloome
09-27-2008, 12:15 AM
Does your band have a website?

It's www.hardlineblues.com

The disc'll be on iTunes next week. And we need more cowbell.

Marco2K
09-27-2008, 10:09 AM
This is a funny post.

I for one will not sing today. I am fuckin pissed with the product on the turf.

I feel like a FU CKIN Leaf fan. being taken for a ride.

Angelo1405
09-27-2008, 10:15 AM
Amen....

Roogsy
09-27-2008, 10:18 AM
This is a funny post.

Then give up your tickets. There's lots of people willing to buy 'em up.

I sure hope you aren't a STH.

BigLou
09-27-2008, 10:22 AM

You beat me by 1 minute. This attitude is disgraceful. I will take those tickets and I can promise they will be used by a true supporter. I cant stand these posts. So get over it go watch another sport. Support for the boys on the field is not a matter of convenience.

rocktml
09-27-2008, 10:34 AM
This is a funny post.

THIS IS OUR HOUSE! GET THE FUCK OUT!
THIS IS OUR HOUSE! GET THE FUCK OUT!

Roogsy
09-27-2008, 10:40 AM
I suppose the teams in Europe and South America that have never won jack shit don't deserve support do they? We should all be gloryhunters and get on the Real Madrid bandwagon.

If I have to remind people that this is a 2nd year team any more, I may just have to put a lead one in my temple. Some people need to just go back and watch Serie A and leave the rest of us to try to build something special. Then they can come back and join the bandwagon when the team is successful, just like they want it.

Marco2K
09-27-2008, 10:42 AM

Thats not right buddy. You are no more of a TFC fan then me. I watch all the games on the road.

I have been a season ticket holder since day 1. I get ragged on big time by friends and family for being such a die hard.

I went to columbus with RPB with 15 of my friends. I caught Danny Dichios Jersey and all.

went to montreal to watch TFC beat the Impact 1-0. Also watched the Brawls after the match.

Now you are telling me because i dont want to go and YELL for 90 mins for a team that had not played a good game in about 3 months? get a life buddy.

I know we are a young team. I love going. Love watching and reading TFC.

Here is the bottom line.

TFC SUPPORTERS are number one. RPB , u sector, NEE, and all the other groups are amazing.
We spend our $$$$$$ on them like crazy.

Hell i spent 300 bucks on a frame for my Danny dichio jersey.

I just feel like the team lacks big time. I hope it changes.

It all starts with D and i think we stink back there.

Marco2K
09-27-2008, 10:44 AM
You beat me by 1 minute. This attitude is disgraceful. I will take those tickets and I can promise they will be used by a true supporter. I cant stand these posts. So get over it go watch another sport. Support for the boys on the field is not a matter of convenience.

Sure there Big Lou.

We are a second year team. Dallas won the cup in their first year.

San Jose has more points then us in their first year. the FU CKIN play in front of 9000.

I AM A SUPPORTER LIKE ALL OF YOU!!

I AM JUST TIRED OF GOING THERE AND WATCHING BUSH LEAGUE SOCCER. MO AND CARVER NEED TO IMPROVE THIS TEAM.

BOTTOM LINE

Marco2K
09-27-2008, 10:45 AM
I suppose the teams in Europe and South America that have never won jack shit don't deserve support do they? We should all be gloryhunters and get on the Real Madrid bandwagon.

If I have to remind people that this is a 2nd year team any more, I may just have to put a lead one in my temple. Some people need to just go back and watch Serie A and leave the rest of us to try to build something special. Then they can come back and join the bandwagon when the team is successful, just like they want it.

Not even Leaf FANS go nuts for a losing team. They show up, and chill.

Do you believe that this team has the RIGHT MINDS in charge to win us afew trophies. I am not very sure.

Roogsy
09-27-2008, 10:48 AM
I don't want to get into an argument about what is and is not a supporter. But all I know is that you are NOT like me.

Call me a Leaf fan or whatever...that insult means nothing on this board where people can't even agree WHAT a being a Leaf fan actually means, all I know is good or bad, win or lose, I will cheer for this team. It's my team. It's my city.

You do what you want...

Roogsy
09-27-2008, 10:49 AM
Not even Leaf FANS go nuts for a losing team. They show up, and chill.

Do you believe that this team has the RIGHT MINDS in charge to win us afew trophies. I am not very sure.

Leaf fans have been suffering for 40 years.

You have for 1 (because you can't honestly say you didn't have fun the first year).

Your comparison is ridiculous.

Supporting isn't about trophies. If you don't realize that I can't help you.

Marco2K
09-27-2008, 10:50 AM
Well said.

I love how you guys cheer every game and make the place rock. 99% of the time i a agree. But the play on the field is just SO SO sad.

olegunnar
09-27-2008, 10:51 AM

I'm not going to speak for Marco. I don't know him.

What I will say is there is a big difference between not singing for a loser, and not singing for losers.

Last year the team was a loser. Bad players, bad coach, bad results, but they weren't losers. They gave a shit. Even if Braz sucks and Lombardo can't score or if Welsh was running up and down the wing doing nothing but raggidy ann and andy flips. They gave the appearance of working and caring. They gave an effort so they deserved an effort from us.

This year the team plays like losers. Arguably much better players (on paper) but they really like to mail it in and treat games like a stroll in the park. Like last week's ZERO shot game.

So I repect where you're coming from but I believe that being pissed at this year's version is not being a band wagon fan. It's having some pride in your self and a backbone. To blindly support this crap would be like taking back a woman that cheats on you on a weekly basis. We've been cheated.

Earlier this year when they played Houston they waved the white flag "no mas!" before the game even started. here's hoping they actually give a crap today and decide to show up today.

Roogsy
09-27-2008, 10:52 AM
And I am going out there and losing my voice in the rain today. It's all I know what to do.

And if they lose, I will be mad and rant and rave on the board. And want heads to roll. Nobody is telling people they should not be upset. But does that mean we should stop doing OUR jobs out there?

I will always sing. Until it becomes obvious this team isn't trying to win at all. If you guys believe that is the case right now, you are more cynical than I.

All I know is that my job out there today is to encourage them on to a win. I will not be able to look myself in the mirror otherwise.

P.S. I am more upset that they hiked the prices on us despite putting shit on the pitch than anything else. If people want to protest THAT...I am down for it.

Marco2K
09-27-2008, 10:52 AM
Leaf fans have been suffering for 40 years.

You have for 1 (because you can't honestly say you didn't have fun the first year).

Your comparison is ridiculous.

Supporting isn't about trophies. If you don't realize that I can't help you.

Actually i am so tired of all my fav teams losing.

heres a list

Been a LA kings fan for over 15 years. we been rebuilding since 2001 and perhaps even 1993. I watch all the games and follow all the players. THEY STINK.

The Blue jays. what can i say. I PREY THE JP era is over.

Portgual soccer. what can i say again. we think we are good enough but we are NOT.

toronto fc. WELL YOU ALL KNOW THE TALE.

Marco2K
09-27-2008, 10:54 AM
well said ole gunner.

We all want the same thing. a winning team.

ITS GONNA STOP raining. IM telling you.

Kickit09
09-27-2008, 10:58 AM
i'd say marco2k is more of a supporter than most of the people on this board who just blow sunshine up this team's pathetic ass. the people who say your not a real supporter if you have anything negative to say about this team are nothing more than cheerleaders. and cheerleaders are not real supporters. and yes, i renewed my seats in the south end, so too bad for you cheerleaders without season tickets. another year of RPB gamethreads for you.

Roogsy
09-27-2008, 11:01 AM
Nobody is blowing sunshine up anybody's ass. This is about what we do on GAME DAY. If you can't differentiate between our jobs on game day and what we feel should be done away from the pitch...you need more help than I can give.

All I know is people like you guys are NOT what contribute to the atmosphere. The fine examples of support in other parts of the world are not put together by people like you.

If complaining incessantly and doing nothing else is what makes a "true supporter" then a Cheerleader am I.

olegunnar
09-27-2008, 11:01 AM
i'd say marco2k is more of a supporter than most of the people on this board who just blow sunshine up this team's pathetic ass. the people who say your not a real supporter if you have anything negative to say about this team are nothing more than cheerleaders. and cheerleaders are not real supporters. and yes, i renewed my seats in the south end, so too bad for you cheerleaders. another year of RPB gamethreads for you.

whoa whoa whoa

lets save the venom for houston!

then bitch at moan at each other tomorrow :D

Kickit09
09-27-2008, 11:10 AM
Nobody is blowing sunshine up anybody's ass. This is about what we do on GAME DAY. If you can't differentiate between our jobs on game day and what we feel should be done away from the pitch...you need more help than I can give.

All I know is people like you guys are NOT what contribute to the atmosphere. The fine examples of support in other parts of the world are not put together by people like you.

If complaining incessantly and doing nothing else is what makes a "true supporter" then a Cheerleader am I.

yeah ok roogsy. i have seaon seats in the south end, i come to each game decked out in TFC gear. i sing, jump, and chant all game long. but because i can actually admit that this team is shit im not a supporter... yeah, and i need help :rolleyes:

Roogsy
09-27-2008, 11:13 AM
Who is saying this team isn't shit? Point me to my post or any RPBs post where they say that.

Gawd...are you even reading this thread in its entirety?

You say you jump and sing and yet you are calling the guy who says he won't jump and sing a better supporter. And the guys who do jump and sing nothing but cheerleaders. I guess that makes you a cheerleader.

How old are you? I am guessing logic and reasoning skills aren't your forte.

BigLou
09-27-2008, 11:14 AM

Im with you 100% mate. I cant see your argument here being a revelation to these guys who arent even gonna cheer for our team today.

Roogsy
09-27-2008, 11:15 AM
Leave it to the big guys....we have the big hearts.

On to the game my friend.

Kickit09
09-27-2008, 11:18 AM
its funny how our actions on a message board decide if we are supporters or not.

if you support the team at the stadium but critisiz it on the internet your not a supporter.
if you don't even have season seats but praise the team on the internet you are a supporter.

i love the logic of this place.

Roogsy
09-27-2008, 11:21 AM
its funny how our actions on a message board decide if we are supporters or not.

if you support the team at the stadium but critisiz it on the internet your not a supporter.
if you don't even have season seats but praise the team on the internet you are a supporter.

Where does this happen? Where do RPBs say criticizing the team is not allowed?

I am sorry...is this thread about criticizing the team, or about us singing AT THE GAME? Seriously, please answer that question first. I am really interested in seeing whether or not you are actually reading the thread or just taking shots at RPB. Becuase your point actually contradicts itself.

The RPB forum is rife with threads criticizing the team, and RPB members are among the many shouting for change, including myself. But we believe that OUR JOB at the game is to sing. And somehow singing at the game means we accep the team in it's current state???

I wouldn't use the word "logic" if you aren't going to employ it in your statement.

Kickit09
09-27-2008, 11:32 AM
im not just talking about this thread, im talking about the board in general. there are countless threads of people's support beeing called into question because they had something negative to say about the team, and stupid comments beeing thrown out like ''i hope your not a season ticket holder" or "i hope you dont renew". and im not saying everyone who sings/jumps/chants is a cheerleader, just the ones who are affraid to critisiz the team and make those stupid comments about others not beeing real supporters because of negative comments about the team.

BigLou
09-27-2008, 11:35 AM
Logic is irrelevant to his posts, he is just arguing. Roogsy is correct in what he says. The RPB are constantly shouting for change. We want to give our team the best support we can give. I responded to a post a few weeks ago where someone said the person that made the " IN CARVER WE TRUST BANNER" should feel stupid. This kind of attitude is ridiculous. You wait and see if I am complacent if the team keeps losing, I wont be. To abandon the team at a time like this is beyond insane and truly the definition of part time supporter.

Roogsy
09-27-2008, 11:41 AM
im not just talking about this thread, im talking about the board in general. there are countless threads of people's support beeing called into question because they had something negative to say about the team, and stupid comments beeing thrown out like ''i hope your not a season ticket holder" or "i hope you dont renew". and im not saying everyone who sings/jumps/chants is a cheerleader, just the ones who are affraid to critisiz the team and make those stupid comments about others not beeing real supporters because of negative comments about the team.

So now your post is about this board in general and not this thread?

Nice backpedalling. Listen...don't like the board? Don't post here. Easy-peasy.

Either way...you are backing up a guy who refuses to sing at the game. So when you are singing (as you claim you do) and you look to your left or right and see someone not singing, and crossing his arms, I hope you remember this thread.

This was never about criticizing the team. If this board wasn't full of threads criticizing the team, you could have had a point. But the fact that it's the exact opposite, only shows your statement to be utterly without proof or foundation. How to argue against irrationality? I certainly don't want to find out. I am out.

Thanks for the wind-up though. I am all worked up for the game. That's a good thing!

Roogsy
09-27-2008, 11:46 AM
Logic is irrelevant to his posts, he is just arguing. Roogsy is correct in what he says. The RPB are constantly shouting for change. We want to give our team the best support we can give. I responded to a post a few weeks ago where someone said the person that made the " IN CARVER WE TRUST BANNER" should feel stupid. This kind of attitude is ridiculous. You wait and see if I am complacent if the team keeps losing, I wont be. To abandon the team at a time like this is beyond insane and truly the definition of part time supporter.

Word big guy...word.

Now let's kick Houston's ass!

Kickit09
09-27-2008, 11:57 AM
So now your post is about this board in general and not this thread?

Nice backpedalling. Listen...don't like the board? Don't post here. Easy-peasy.

Either way...you are backing up a guy who refuses to sing at the game. So when you are singing (as you claim you do) and you look to your left or right and see someone not singing, I hope you remember this thread.

This was never about criticizing the team. If this board wasn't full of threads criticizing the team, you could have had a point. But the fact that it's the exact opposite, only shows your statement to be utterly without proof or foundation. How to argue against irrationality? I certainly don't want to find out. I am out.

Thanks for the wind-up though. I am all worked up for the game. That's a good thing!

what back pedaling. why dont you go back and read my original post again. what dont you understand. and for every post critisizing the team on this board there are 5 posts saying that person is not a real supporter. you cant deny that. which is what my point is, too many cheerleaders on this board... and i barely post on this board anymore, so easy-peasy ;)

jloome
09-27-2008, 12:01 PM
I'd sing for Liverpool if they were down 10-0 to Excrement United, but probably pack it in with three minutes left.

The key is ying-yang, balance, centrism. It's the natural human condition. So, sing songs of support to keep them fighting, but when they start slowing down, don't stop singing, start criticizing.

You guys seriously need to write a song along the lines of:

(to the tune of, oh, I dunno, "when the saints come marching in"

Oh when the Reds, stop fucking playing
Oh when the reds stop fuck-in playing
Oh how I want to head for the exit
when the reds stop fucking playing.

Or, to the tune of "Old Macdonald"

Please show us you give a shit,
score a score a goal
You wear red you idiots
score a score a goal

Or, to the tune of "Michael Row the Boat"

You're not fit, to wear the shirt
and it's true, yeah
give us effort til it hurts
and it's true yeah

Prove the reds, are in your hearts
and it's true yeah,
we'll support your every start,
and it's true yeah

They need praise AND criticism in song. They listen for that shit. THey know what it means. And a little enforced humility goes a long way sometimes.

Roogsy
09-27-2008, 12:06 PM
what back pedaling. why dont you go back and read my original post again. what dont you understand. and for every post critisizing the team on this board there are 5 posts saying that person is not a real supporter. you cant deny that. which is what my point is, too many cheerleaders on this board... and i barely post on this board anymore, so easy-peasy ;)

That's right...you took the thread off in a different direciton with this post.

the people who say your not a real supporter if you have anything negative to say about this team are nothing more than cheerleaders

Fine....find me these people and their posts please, that fit the criteria you yourself stated "in your first post". I look forward to reading how many cheerleaders we have on this board.

Carry on.

Kickit09
09-27-2008, 06:09 PM
Fine....find me these people and their posts please, that fit the criteria you yourself stated "in your first post". I look forward to reading how many cheerleaders we have on this board.

Carry on.

i don't have time to waste looking for old threads on a message board, maybe you do. but you read these boards every single day, most of the day, so you should know exactly what i'm talking about. i'm not the only one saying these things.

Roogsy
09-28-2008, 01:10 AM
Ah I see...some more backpedalling. Especially when in order to find anything that even remotely comes close to proving your point you would indeed have to do an indepth search to find something somewhere that backs up your point.

And yet to back up mine and disprove your point, all I have to do is look at all the threads on the first page (and subsequent pages) of this forum right now and come up with dozens of examples without even trying hard. I wonder which one of us is more accurate and which one of us claimed something that wasn't true? I leave it in the reader's hands.

Brooker
09-28-2008, 10:48 AM
jesus if i hear the phrase "true supporter" one more time.... i'll pull my hair out.

if someone next to me in 112 isnt singing it's stupid, but they do what they like, and i sing my fucking heart out. if it were up to me, would they be singing? yes... but it isnt.

who cares who is and isnt a "true supporter"

what, do i get a cookie or something?

im having fun and am not going to be bothered about what somebody else is up to.

FluSH
09-28-2008, 11:23 AM

WUT HAHA Are you on Crack? It's probably people posting STUPID remarks that get called out... I've critized many players... shit I still hate Ruiz... go ahead and tell me I'm not a supporter. TOURISTA

J .
09-28-2008, 07:42 PM
supporters sing

the end.