PDA

View Full Version : Today’s News, Friday , Sept.26

denime
09-26-2008, 06:03 AM
Danny Dichio set to start
Striker expected to play against Houston

Toronto FC striker Danny Dichio is expected to start Saturday's game against Houston Dynamo at BMO Field (kick off 3:30 p.m. live on CBC). Dichio has been suffering with concussion but has now fully recovered and is set to replace the injured Carlos Ruiz. "He's ready to come in and he will start the game on Saturday," said coach John Carver. "I think it's a lift for everybody.

Read more (http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20080925&content_id=190774&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280)

Match day information

Parking limited on Saturday

If you are planning to travel to Saturday's game against Houston Dynamo by car, please leave extra time to find parking. It will be a busy day on the Exhibition Grounds with The Clothing Show at the Better Living Centre and the Psychic Expo taking place at the Queen Elizabeth Exhibit Hall. Parking will be limited around BMO Field and the lots will be getting busy from around 11:00 a.m. We recommend using public transport to get to the stadium if possible.

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20080925&content_id=190776&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

Toronto must go through Dynamo
Reds need win as defending champs invade BMO Field

TORONTO FC vs. HOUSTON DYNAMO
BMO FIELD, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Sept. 25, 2008 | 3:45 p.m. ET (CBC; Ch. 55/43)

Toronto FC return home for their penultimate game at BMO Field for the season, knowing they must take maximum points to keep their playoff hopes alive. But the task facing them will not be easy: Western Conference leaders Houston Dynamo, the two-time defending MLS champions. TFC has a six-game winless streak and has won just once since June 14. The Dynamo will be playing the second game in a four-country tour over two weeks; they've lost just once in their last 11 league contests.

Read more (http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20080925&content_id=190761&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280)

Knee woes continue to follow TFC's Ruiz
Veteran striker forced to sit out tomorrow's game against Houston

Eight days after having the fluid drained from his chronically sore right knee, Toronto FC striker Carlos Ruiz spent another practice on the sidelines yesterday.
Ruiz, acquired late in August to bolster TFC's offence, has had knee operations in each of the past two seasons. And an MRI on Tuesday also revealed a misaligned kneecap, a relatively minor issue.
TFC head coach John Carver, suspended from tomorrow's home game against Houston (3:30 p.m., CBC) as the result of his ejection last Saturday, says Ruiz can correct the problem quickly with proper rehab. However, the 28-year-old striker will still miss the game against the Dynamo.

Read more (http://www.thestar.com/Sports/Soccer/article/506363)

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshinegirl/)

Fort York Redcoat
09-26-2008, 06:21 AM
Thy have been (ugh) draining his knee every game. This sounds like a problem that would require more than "proper rehab". Does that sound like "done for the season" to anyone else? And if so that means we'll probably be expected to wait for Ruiz to show his form next season. Oh dear. Can someone pop into the Pschic expo to see how this ends?

CoachGT
09-26-2008, 06:45 AM
Is it just me or is more of the press coming from press releases directly from Toronto FC as opposed to coverage from the papers?

Keyman
09-26-2008, 06:51 AM
Is it just me or is more of the press coming from press releases directly from Toronto FC as opposed to coverage from the papers?
Yup, that's what happens when your team is on thee brink of eliminating themselves from the playoff race, and your team wasn't even all that important to the media in the first place.

It sucks :mad:

wzhxvy
09-26-2008, 07:12 AM
Is Friday senior citizen sunshine girl day ?

BuSaPuNk
09-26-2008, 08:05 AM
Is Friday senior citizen sunshine girl day ?

I thought the same thing.

guelphguy1965
09-26-2008, 08:11 AM
:rolleyes5: 30 years old is not senior age. It doesn't even qualify for COUGAR status. You young punks are so picky.

Carry on................

JonO
09-26-2008, 08:15 AM
^^^ She's 30, like yesterday's sunshine girl was 32. No freakin' way...

wzhxvy
09-26-2008, 08:25 AM
She maybe 30 in dog years. And if she is only 30, then she has been ridden hard and hung up wet way way too many times.

Technorgasm
09-26-2008, 08:35 AM
DANNY TO START?

This will be a great game!

SO nice to see him back!

You would never think that a player like Danny D can make SUCH an impact.

but he does.. .

time and time again.

WALK ON

guelphguy1965
09-26-2008, 09:03 AM
Danny always makes an difference just by being on the field. If I were on the field playing on his team I would be too scared to play any less than 110% and I am man enough to admit it. He is a leader.

ACSertL
09-26-2008, 09:11 AM
Danny always makes an difference just by being on the field. If I were on the field playing on his team I would be too scared to play any less than 110% and I am man enough to admit it. He is a leader.

I agree Leo...and with all due respect to Brennan and Robbo, Dichio has to be the captain. We are such a different team with Danny up front.

Tintin
09-26-2008, 09:19 AM
You need a player with heart at evrey line. We have Brennan on D, Robo and mid but we had no one at forward. he makes a huge difference, he creates and stirs shit!

ua-kozak_TFC
09-26-2008, 11:21 AM
Thy have been (ugh) draining his knee every game. This sounds like a problem that would require more than "proper rehab". Does that sound like "done for the season" to anyone else? And if so that means we'll probably be expected to wait for Ruiz to show his form next season. Oh dear. Can someone pop into the Pschic expo to see how this ends?
i donno in the pregame conference it seemed to me by the tone in which carver was talking that it was more of ruiz's choice... I have a feeling that Ruiz wants to have early vacation....

TFCREDNWHITE
09-26-2008, 12:12 PM
UUmm she has a nipple showing in pic 10 of 27!!! nice!

TicTacTabarnack
09-26-2008, 12:22 PM
:rolleyes5: 30 years old is not senior age. It doesn't even qualify for COUGAR status. You young punks are so picky.

Carry on................

I'm busting out my Cougar Bait t-shirt for this one ... God damn!

http://logo.cafepress.com/nocache/7/1098747.jpg (http://www.cougarbaitstore.com)

rocker
09-26-2008, 01:05 PM
her face suggests at least 40... at least....

TFC Cityboy
09-26-2008, 01:46 PM
kin ell....saw 30 nicer looking lasses than that walk past the Biermarkt patio at lunch.
Ugh!

AL-MO
09-26-2008, 03:01 PM
Rox? Good stage name I guess.

scooter
09-26-2008, 03:05 PM
i vote 50 wish i hadnt even looked

jloome
09-26-2008, 05:54 PM
You guys are nuts. Check out that video gallery, and never speak that way about a dirty girl again. They're rare enough as it is without being hounded (insert easy joke here).