PDA

View Full Version : The Soccer Show on Fan590 - Sept. 25 edition

VPjr
09-25-2008, 07:04 PM
Just finished speaking with Nigel Reed

Tonights show should be interesting to any TFC and / or Canadian soccer supporter.

Tonight's guests:

Victor Montagliani - VP of the CSA and the guy who is responsible for the men's and women's national team

Chris Cummins - Asst. Coach of TFC

The show will air live around 11pm (after Blue Jays baseball).

In GTA, tune into 590AM.

outside the GTA go to www.fan590.com (http://www.fan590.com) and click on Listen Live.

It will be available tomorrow afternoon on the fan590.com website as well because they archive all the shows.

Daveisonfire
09-25-2008, 07:24 PM
Just finished speaking with Nigel Reed

Tonights show should be interesting to any TFC and / or Canadian soccer supporter.

Tonight's guests:

Victor Montagliani - VP of the CSA and the guy who is responsible for the men's and women's national team

Chris Cummins - Asst. Coach of TFC

The show will air live around 11pm (after Blue Jays baseball).

In GTA, tune into 590AM.

outside the GTA go to www.fan590.com (http://www.fan590.com) and click on Listen Live.

It will be available tomorrow afternoon on the fan590.com website as well because they archive all the shows.

Very interesting, I will definitely be listening...

el rojo fanatico
09-25-2008, 07:26 PM
I am Roy on this show big time. IMO it is some of the best media on TFC and CMNT that we have out there.
Lets hope they put Victor's feet to the fire and take him to task for the poor performance on and off the pitch

el rojo fanatico
09-26-2008, 01:11 PM
Shocking how cavalier Mr. Montagliani thought of the opinion to the CMNT supporters. When Bob pressed him on the mens team he lashed back and thought we were on track to still make the next round.

The Cris Cummings interview was good stuff. I found it suprising that he said that when signing a player the whole coaching staff was involved in the decision

Blizzard
09-26-2008, 01:17 PM
Shocking how cavalier Mr. Montagliani thought of the opinion to the CMNT supporters. When Bob pressed him on the mens team he lashed back and thought we were on track to still make the next round.

The Cris Cummings interview was good stuff. I found it suprising that he said that when signing a player the whole coaching staff was involved in the decision

I missed the Montagliani section so I'll to go to the show's web page and give it a listen. What you have said concerns me.

Cummins was very interesting. I think I knew (via past Carver comments) that the staff was involved with player acquisitions so I wasn't surprised and I think it is a good thing though Mo knows the players in the league better than either Cummins or Carver.

Even the "dreaded" ;) Bobby Iarusci made some very good comments during the last segment of the program in reference to salary caps and such.

Yes, another informative show from Nigel and Bobby.

B

Ossington Mental Youth
09-26-2008, 01:23 PM
Victor prob feels that way because we've sold out two stadiums regardless of the outcomes. Christ i hate the CSA

AL-MO
09-26-2008, 01:39 PM
Shocking.

(My thoughts on Vic's comments)

Fort York Redcoat
09-26-2008, 03:10 PM
Vic towing the CSA line. It's expected. Not appreciated. The Association hasn't the courage to admit a mistake. They will watch the train wreck happen and then feign shock at failure. The hiring process for a new coach will be followed very critically. Who will be accountable?

Ossington Mental Youth
09-26-2008, 04:42 PM
Noone its the CSA, jobs/chairs will change hands, a new nobody coach will be signed, we will be pissed, CMNT will fail again