PDA

View Full Version : It could happen

J .
09-23-2008, 10:10 PM
It is possible for the team to come back, and there are some reasons why.

1. Early season form.

Toronto had a good start to the reason, rising close to first place. There is potential for a run of wins. The other clubs are not exactly running the table. The time would be right for us to catch a run of good form. Toronto has talent and people who can do the right things to win. We could streak into the playoffs.

2. Offense

The team has the weapons to attack and with the changes made this year, I think the team could gel for a run of multiple goal games. Time for it to come together. Dichio and Barrett could do damage together.. Ruiz also could partner up with Che (providing Ruiz is healthy) and Che is due for us. I think Barrett could be a top level striker in MLS if the we just get Ruiz going I think think they would be a strong trio. Barrett and Ruiz could prove themselves down the stretch.

3. Sutton

I have not been a huge fan of him for a very long time. For most of them I never thought he could be a number one in MLS. However, he has recently made me change my mind keeping scores respectable. I dont like to look at players game to game, but look at what they do all season. Sutton has been a stand out to me when things could have been far more grim. Unfortunately, when he errs, it costs the team. But the team can try to get more goals knowing he is good to keep the team in the match.

4. Carver

Kansas City was a low point. But a good place to turn the team around from. The penalty killed the team on the road and the team was too tight going forward but I think Carver will turn things around. The team could rally behind Carver regardless if he is suspended from the next match.

5. Schedule

I like our schedule better than DC United and I think squad for squad, we are a better team than they are. Plus they have more games and likely will tire out. There are other teams, but it is very possible Toronto could snag most of the comming points while is anyone else convinced the other teams are that much better than us.... I am not.

It would be a great turn around wouldnt it...Bottom run, sneak into the playoffs last game of the year and in the playoffs we maintain our form. The fortress would be rocking, fights with the crew, beer being thrown...ah shit well I tried to be positive for most of it... Back to the other threads.

stretchthetruth
09-23-2008, 10:23 PM
hey, i wont say die until its mathematically impossible... you just never know.

canadian_bhoy
09-24-2008, 07:03 AM
hey, i wont say die until its mathematically impossible... you just never know.

QFT - Keep the faith!!!

Mark in Ottawa
09-24-2008, 07:16 AM
I see no signs that the team has given up... and neither will I.
GO REDS!

Afra
09-24-2008, 07:21 AM
I will keep cheering (at the pitch or at the TV). It is not over until we are out of games. I would love to see that bottom run end up in a playoff birth but I will be happy with solid efforts and finishing ahead of last year.

canadian_bhoy
09-24-2008, 07:22 AM
This could be the first positive thread on the TFC forum in months!!!!!!

Afra
09-24-2008, 07:25 AM

Let's keep it this way - it is a nice change.

king dave
09-24-2008, 07:38 AM
We get 3 this weekend, and 3 against the Red Bulls next week.
We're back in the mix.
We know it, they know it, the sports writer wanks know it and even bitchy knows it;).
KD.

Nuvinho
09-24-2008, 07:48 AM
3 weeks ago, both KC and Colorado were out of the playoffs, looking even worse than Toronto FC. Look what 3 wins a row can do. In the MLS, a win streak can chang the whole playoff picture.

starrynightnf
09-24-2008, 07:57 AM

I was thinking the same thing! I love it...it ain't over yet, peeps! :D

Daveisonfire
09-24-2008, 08:04 AM
Keep Fighting boys

Shakes McQueen
09-24-2008, 08:08 AM
I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high, but putting up a good fight for a playoff spot (even if we didn't get in), would leave a far better taste in my mouth than what we've been eating recently.

I believe they can do it - they just need to reclaim the fire they had at the beginning of the season.

- Scott

Fort York Redcoat
09-24-2008, 08:08 AM
9 hrs of positivity in this thread. I won't spoil it.

Keepin the Faith

Come on you Reds!!!

togetherness
09-24-2008, 08:27 AM
hahhaahah there is a difference between blind faith and out and out stupidity..

you decide.

Chewy Unikronik
09-24-2008, 08:38 AM
Soooooo untrue!!! I was POSITIVE that the price of my season tix would increase!!!:D

J .
09-24-2008, 07:24 PM
hahhaahah there is a difference between blind faith and out and out stupidity..

you decide.

Glad you are on board there is no blind faith or stupidity around here. Definitely there is a chance for us. The other clubs are not exactly tearing up the charts.

Hold down the Fortress Saturday boys!

Psycho-Kid
09-24-2008, 07:31 PM
There not giving up Neither am i Go Reds

sidney
09-25-2008, 01:51 AM
...big, big, game this Saturday vs Houston to execute your/the comeback plan...

BuSaPuNk
09-25-2008, 08:23 AM
We still have a chance. GO REDS!! Hopefully we can pull out with three points saturday to start.

togetherness
09-25-2008, 08:53 AM
Glad you are on board there is no blind faith or stupidity around here. Definitely there is a chance for us. The other clubs are not exactly tearing up the charts.

Hold down the Fortress Saturday boys!

Ya you are right the way the boys have played lately , so Inspired and determined I can see us running the table and making it .. In fact if they could squeek in they will win it for sure ..The whole league..

Never give up , there is always a chance ..

The Kingpin
09-25-2008, 08:54 AM
Why does it feel like I can breath in this thread...

Never, EVER, say die. That is the sign of a true loser.

togetherness
09-25-2008, 08:59 AM
At the least these pro fottball players should be playing for jobs...
as a fan , I can say the goose is cooked .. does that make me a loser??

Rawkus_420
09-25-2008, 09:01 AM
I was looking at the schedule too on a rainy day here in Europe, we're not dead yet...points are a must in almost all the remaining games though, if we want a wildcard spot. I would like to think we need 11 of the possible 15 points remiang to grab a wildcard spot, this next game against Houston would be the best way to start with a win, huge confidence boost for the last 4 games...lets do this boys.

stretchthetruth
09-25-2008, 10:14 AM
Ya you are right the way the boys have played lately , so Inspired and determined I can see us running the table and making it .. In fact if they could squeek in they will win it for sure ..The whole league..

Never give up , there is always a chance ..

tell you what, if they do make it: stay home. don't cheer, don't come out. deal?

giambac
09-25-2008, 12:52 PM

1. Early season form.

Toronto had a good start to the reason, rising close to first place. There is potential for a run of wins. The other clubs are not exactly running the table. The time would be right for us to catch a run of good form. Toronto has talent and people who can do the right things to win. We could streak into the playoffs.

2. Offense

The team has the weapons to attack and with the changes made this year, I think the team could gel for a run of multiple goal games. Time for it to come together. Dichio and Barrett could do damage together.. Ruiz also could partner up with Che (providing Ruiz is healthy) and Che is due for us. I think Barrett could be a top level striker in MLS if the we just get Ruiz going I think think they would be a strong trio. Barrett and Ruiz could prove themselves down the stretch.

3. Sutton

I have not been a huge fan of him for a very long time. For most of them I never thought he could be a number one in MLS. However, he has recently made me change my mind keeping scores respectable. I dont like to look at players game to game, but look at what they do all season. Sutton has been a stand out to me when things could have been far more grim. Unfortunately, when he errs, it costs the team. But the team can try to get more goals knowing he is good to keep the team in the match.

4. Carver

Kansas City was a low point. But a good place to turn the team around from. The penalty killed the team on the road and the team was too tight going forward but I think Carver will turn things around. The team could rally behind Carver regardless if he is suspended from the next match.

5. Schedule

I like our schedule better than DC United and I think squad for squad, we are a better team than they are. Plus they have more games and likely will tire out. There are other teams, but it is very possible Toronto could snag most of the comming points while is anyone else convinced the other teams are that much better than us.... I am not.

It would be a great turn around wouldnt it...Bottom run, sneak into the playoffs last game of the year and in the playoffs we maintain our form. The fortress would be rocking, fights with the crew, beer being thrown...ah shit well I tried to be positive for most of it... Back to the other threads.

I think you should be more concerned if TFC can even score a goal in their next match vs Houston.

I just don't get it. Have people been sleeping for the past 4 months? I mean we can all dream and hope that TFC runs the table. But wake up, they have won just 1 game in the past 4 months, 1 game out of their last 18 games and now you think they can run the table???:noidea:

Broadview
09-25-2008, 01:08 PM
^^^Sounds to me like they're due :)

BuSaPuNk
09-25-2008, 01:19 PM
^^^Sounds to me like they're due :)

Sounds like it to me too. Never give up, never surender!

Oldtimer
09-25-2008, 01:23 PM
I think you should be more concerned if TFC can even score a goal in their next match vs Houston.

I just don't get it. Have people been sleeping for the past 4 months? I mean we can all dream and hope that TFC runs the table. But wake up, they have won just 1 game in the past 4 months, 1 game out of their last 18 games and now you think they can run the table???:noidea:

You surendered long ago.

BTW, you're supposed to limit yourself to specific anti-Carver threads, not spew your venom everywhere.

rocker
09-25-2008, 01:53 PM
I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high,

what's wrong with getting your hopes up? No offense to you personally, but people on here like to condition themselves for failure. It's pathetic. It's like saying "we've already lost before the match has even been played."
I guess it helps the emotions, so if they lose you can just go on your merry way... but i find a stronger connection to the team comes from living and dying with it.. with going into every game pumped and ready for success.
It means so much more to me that way, and when success comes, it's so much sweeter!

Let's crush those Houston punks this weekend!!!
Some corners for Onstad please!! ;)

giambac
09-25-2008, 02:06 PM
You surendered long ago.

BTW, you're supposed to limit yourself to specific anti-Carver threads, not spew your venom everywhere.

I'm not spewing any venom. I'm offering in my opinion.

In my opinion I think anyp=one who thinks TFC will run the table are dreamers.

Fort York Redcoat
09-25-2008, 02:17 PM
Duh. Who entered the thread thinking that running the table was a sure thing? Possibility. It's in the dictionary.

It's something used for definition and proper spelling.

Pigfynn
09-25-2008, 02:43 PM

"You may say that I'm a dreamer, but I'm, not the only one"

Hope some day you'll join us and we'll all support as one.

Teehee :cheers::party:

Technorgasm
09-25-2008, 03:33 PM
J. for PRIME MINISTER !!

needed some pump up for this weekends game!

thanks so much mate.

WALK ON

__

tfc2007
09-25-2008, 03:57 PM

"You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one"

Maple Leaf Red
09-25-2008, 05:19 PM
I like this thread.

GhostPK
09-25-2008, 06:01 PM

1. Early season form.

2. Offense

3. Sutton

4. Carver

5. Schedule

Thanks to brutal D in the recent weeks, Sutton has been as good as anyone. Being keeper is the hardest job on the pitch, and sometimes gets the most razzing. Sutton has stepped up his game this year, if the D comes out to support, we are rock solid.

Baggio2TFC
09-25-2008, 06:31 PM
Guys, I don't mean to burst any bubbles, but let's be honest with ourselves......TFC will NOT score more then an average of 0.5 goals for the rest of the seson. our offence is none existant! I am a TFC fan through and through, but seriously....run the table????

GO REDS is what I say, just atleast not embarass yourselves out there and make us proud for next season!

Just so everyone knows, I renewed my seasons and will continue to do so til the end of time!!! Just being realistic is all!

TorCanSoc
09-25-2008, 08:14 PM
We all are all going to die, and pay taxes.!!

.... and one win and we all sing a different tune. Guranteed. Just one win. Preferably against Houston. :)

Cashcleaner
09-25-2008, 11:37 PM
Why does it feel like I can breath in this thread...

Never, EVER, say die. That is the sign of a true loser.

That post was PURE CLASS!

But yeah, you're right. The reason why the commentators and pundits talk about mathematical chances, is because sometimes season-end comebacks do happen. There's no good excuse for throwing in the towel when we still have a chance to make the playoffs.

Shakes McQueen
09-25-2008, 11:42 PM
Guys, I don't mean to burst any bubbles, but let's be honest with ourselves......TFC will NOT score more then an average of 0.5 goals for the rest of the seson. our offence is none existant! I am a TFC fan through and through, but seriously....run the table????

GO REDS is what I say, just atleast not embarass yourselves out there and make us proud for next season!

Just so everyone knows, I renewed my seasons and will continue to do so til the end of time!!! Just being realistic is all!

The great thing about sports, is that things can simply change one week. The Miami Dolphins, for example, just went to New England and made a mockery of the New England Patriots' defense this past weekend.

While the probability of a turnaround is low, it isn't zero. Comebacks happen all the time.

- Scott

BuSaPuNk
09-26-2008, 08:04 AM
They havn't given up on us, there is no reason to give up on them. GO REDS!

MisterMacphisto
09-26-2008, 08:31 AM
Even putting playoff hopes aside for a moment, there is one thing over the next few games that we 100% certain have a chance of getting....

Our pride back.

Cement your legendary status even more tonight, my friend DD. :)

BuSaPuNk
09-26-2008, 08:41 AM
Well we are going to be a coach short tommarow! That sucks. Suspended for clapping? Give me a break!

REDPATCHGRL74
09-26-2008, 08:47 AM
They havn't given up on us, there is no reason to give up on them. GO REDS!

What do you call that performance in KC?

TFC Tifoso
09-26-2008, 08:47 AM
The great thing about sports, is that things can simply change one week. The Miami Dolphins, for example, just went to New England and made a mockery of the New England Patriots' defense this past weekend.

While the probability of a turnaround is low, it isn't zero. Comebacks happen all the time.

- Scott

Sure, but I highly doubt the Dolphins will win the Super Bowl or even make the playoffs......sometimes the sun even shines on a donkey's ass ya know?

BuSaPuNk
09-26-2008, 08:54 AM
What do you call that performance in KC?

Certain players gave up but not the lot. Hey it should have been 0-0 but they allow a KC offside to go undetected that leads to a goal. Nothing you can do about that. No matter what even if we were out there is something to play for pride.

The Kingpin
09-26-2008, 09:02 AM
That post was PURE CLASS!

I'm glad you caught on to that... Some prat, I'm not sure who, quoted all of them thinking I was serious. It is simply an over-used statement around here... Makes for a giggle every time I read it.

Back on topic, at least you guys get the camaraderie element in the stands as a support mechanism. Coll and I watch on a computer screen sometimes at all hours to cheer the team on. It baffles me how so many can complain all the time when you get that great experience of going to games. I get frustrated at the FO sometimes, but that is because I'm not in Toronto so i can't really do to much about it.

The math says it can be done now it's down to what happens on the pitch!!! We'll be watching again this weekend... Then heading out to the pub to celebrate how awesome it is to finally have a team to return to when we eventually come home.

MisterMacphisto
09-26-2008, 09:12 AM
Well we are going to be a coach short tommarow! That sucks. Suspended for clapping? Give me a break!

Nope. Carver will be on the bench (http://www.torontosun.com/sports/soccer/2008/09/25/6871001-sun.html) tomorrow.

Shakes McQueen
09-26-2008, 11:14 AM
Sure, but I highly doubt the Dolphins will win the Super Bowl or even make the playoffs......sometimes the sun even shines on a donkey's ass ya know?

Of course, but I never expected TFC to seriously compete for the MLS Cup either.

As long as the sun shines on TFC for a few weeks, we can still make a last ditch effort at a playoff spot.

And even if we can't do that, we can still at least reclaim our pride with a strong, scrappy finish. Make us feel good about the prospects of next season.

- Scott

Beach_Red
09-26-2008, 11:24 AM

Did you pick the Giants last year? Did anyone?

No, I don't expect TFC to be in the MLS cup game, New England will lose that again for the east, thanks, but the whole point of the cup being the sought after north American prize rather than the season record is to build excitement at this point in a season. Imagine if this was a single table and the big prize was the Supporters Shield and TFC went on a run and won four of the last five games and it didn't make any difference?

No, we still have a chance to end this season on a really high note - make the playoffs and maybe even get past the first round and wouldn't that be fantastic?

Cashcleaner
09-26-2008, 11:45 AM

In my opinion I think anyone who thinks TFC will run the table are dreamers.

Welcome to the world of sports fanaticism!

invictusTFC
09-26-2008, 12:33 PM
Of course, but I never expected TFC to seriously compete for the MLS Cup either.

As long as the sun shines on TFC for a few weeks, we can still make a last ditch effort at a playoff spot.

And even if we can't do that, we can still at least reclaim our pride with a strong, scrappy finish. Make us feel good about the prospects of next season.

- Scott
At this point I will settle for a strong and scrappy finish. It will show me that in fact the guys on this team have some heart and desire. They certainly haven't shown it for a good chunk of the season. That KC game was definitely a low point for this team as far as I'm concerned. You would've never guessed that they were playing for their playoff lives based on that effort.
A strong and scrappy finish would restore my faith in the character of the players and in the ability of the coach to motivate and get the best out of this team.