PDA

View Full Version : Carver Scrum: Discusses the ejection!

Blizzard
09-23-2008, 08:58 PM
http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp Click on Interviews
Very entertaining. He claims he was tossed for applauding the referee. Give it a look. Quite funny IMO.

werewolf
09-23-2008, 09:13 PM
That referee is a disgrace.

Carver should stand in 112 this weekend.

Carter
09-23-2008, 09:15 PM
Carver is PURE CLASS.

thats funny werewolf, i was about to say the same thing.
Someone make the call, we can have him in there with us.

In Carver WE Trust

J .
09-23-2008, 09:26 PM
Sigh. I hope the boys turn it around and get into the playoffs.

SLBuu
09-23-2008, 09:30 PM
which part of the episode is it in?

Kickit09
09-23-2008, 09:32 PM
carver actually has some really good points about the ref and the league.

Baldomero Toledo, remember the name. its only a matter of time before we see him at BMO.

adampz
09-23-2008, 09:33 PM
Would there actually be anyway to talk to him and invite him to 112?

Kickit09
09-23-2008, 09:39 PM
which part of the episode is it in?

it's in the interviews section on the left side

Nuvinho
09-23-2008, 09:44 PM
MLS should do something about that ref, he has a vendetta I think now.

TorontoFC_Matt
09-23-2008, 10:11 PM
Give him a Luchador mask and we are set.

icecoldbeer
09-23-2008, 10:13 PM
Playing their playstations until 1am? haha

TFC Cityboy
09-23-2008, 10:25 PM

It'd be a great gesture if we could reach out and invite him into the South Stand. I question his coaching at times, but there is no questioning his integrity and passion for the club.I'd buy him a pint.

wzhxvy
09-23-2008, 10:25 PM
Interesting he is blaming LA for not informing them of the Ruiz injury...wonder if they are planning some form of complaint to MLS.

And he better believe his head is on the block...and I dont know about you guys but the body language of the players in those clips with him is not good...anyways...lets see how the team finishes up...

netsan
09-23-2008, 10:40 PM
Interesting observation about playing on the road. It appears that when there is a small crowd our players let down their guards and don't give 100%...The adrenaline is not flowing and they are more laid back.

How do you fix that?! I think we need a captain on the field that will set the tone for the rest of the team. Who's that guy?

netsan
09-23-2008, 10:43 PM
I wonder about Carver's 2 Locker Rooms. On the road everyone is in the same locker room and at home they're divided (Starters and Development). Is this a good policy? Should it be scrapped? Does it build dissension? I feel that North American players don't buy into the 2 Locker Room concept.

Azerban
09-23-2008, 10:44 PM
How do you fix that?! I think we need a captain on the field that will set the tone for the rest of the team. Who's that guy?

we have him, i'll give you a hint who he is; he's big, and bald, and could flatten a man like a pop can with a single headbutt

netsan
09-23-2008, 10:47 PM
we have him, i'll give you a hint who he is; he's big, and bald, and could flatten a man like a pop can with a single headbutt

You're Right! I wish they would give him the armband. No disrespect to Brennan and Robbo, but why hasn't Dichio worn the armband this year.

stretchthetruth
09-23-2008, 11:01 PM
You're Right! I wish they would give him the armband. No disrespect to Brennan and Robbo, but why hasn't Dichio worn the armband this year.

i think he had it on briefly after Velez was sent off... i might be wrong...

icecoldbeer
09-23-2008, 11:32 PM
i think he had it on briefly after Velez was sent off... i might be wrong...

tis true

jloome
09-23-2008, 11:32 PM
Interesting, on Guevara. Same conclusion a few of us reached in one of the earlier threads, but still surprised to hear him suggest he needs a tactical change.

The Kingpin
09-24-2008, 12:51 AM
Carver is PURE CLASS!

Axeman
09-24-2008, 01:17 AM
In Carver we Trust!

Azerban
09-24-2008, 01:21 AM
Carver is PURE CLASS!

I think you Mods are PURE CLASS!

I think the Toronto Police are PURE CLASS!

That was PURE CLASS!

I agree, absolute PURE CLASS! We are so lucky to have a front office that only cares about us, the fans. Awesome job Paul and Marc, perfection as always!!

Kickabouts are PURE CLASS!!

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/102/302892424_67c99b181d.jpg?v=0

James17930
09-24-2008, 02:29 AM
Well, def. harsh on Carver, even though the penalty was def. the right, obvious call.

But we can't have refs with vendettas running around this league. Something's gotta be done about this guy.

King Tut
09-24-2008, 02:42 AM
In Carver WE Trust

In Carver we Trust!

"In Mo We Don't!"

Stay tuned for this banner between 127 and 128.... ;)

Cashcleaner
09-24-2008, 02:49 AM
Before today, I was actually feeling pretty down about the club and our recent performances. All it took was 5 minutes of listening to Coach JC to turn my attitude completely around.

Carver will always remain okay in my books if only for his constant and valid jabs at the way this league is both organised and officiated.

sweetlemon69
09-24-2008, 07:11 AM
People seriously gotta remember what Carver was working with for those few months. We don't even have a SOLID squad. He can't even have the same players in positions more than like a month! I'll never understand the nay'sayers and their opinions. How the hell can Mo attract people with the turf? The salary cap? There's about a million and a half other reasons why. People need to give this club 4 years at LEAST before making banners about how we don't trust Mo, or just bitch about them period. I truly think we need to gear our protests TOWARDS THE LEAGUE ITSELF. *sigh*

Oldtimer
09-24-2008, 07:35 AM

'cmon Paul, let him know we want him!

We'll even give him some streamers! :lol:

rocker
09-24-2008, 07:38 AM
that ref didn't have a vendetta against us.. he's just incompetent.. i was laughing at the cards he was handing out to the KC players.. most of those were not card-worthy.

Mark in Ottawa
09-24-2008, 07:54 AM
I knew that I would like John Carver the first time I heard him speak.
A straight shooting, no bull kinda guy and I appreciate that.

Was a little worried to hear him say "My head is on the block" though :eek:

Fort York Redcoat
09-24-2008, 08:14 AM
Anybody know what this ref has done in past games (to us)? I recognized the name right away but incidents were out of mind.

CoachGT
09-24-2008, 02:22 PM
^^ Watch the game tape of Dallas a few weeks ago.

Beach_Red
09-24-2008, 02:28 PM
I truly think we need to gear our protests TOWARDS THE LEAGUE ITSELF. *sigh*

yeah, that's a good idea, how about a banner that says, "raise the salary cap", or "bigger roster," or something like that.

Maybe something that points out we have 20,000 people buying tickets to every game, we'd like to spend that on players - "No Salary Cap" might be good.

Blazer
09-24-2008, 05:30 PM
Does this video play for everyone? No problems? I can't get er to play...

Blazer
09-24-2008, 05:32 PM
Nevermind....got it.

jloome
09-24-2008, 06:32 PM
I wonder if he'll survive this season, and if he does be less of a player's coach, and a little more stand-offish and austere. I'm not sure buoying up player spirits, when a team is as lousy as ours, is the right way to go.

The "my head is on the block" is a longstanding last ditch line players' coaches use when their head is on the block but they know they're liked and respected by players. Cool-as-cucumber coaches, like those you generally see in the top leagues, may not be liked, but they are respected, and desparation statements are only required at halftime in big games (I'm talkin' 'bout YOU, Rafa Benitez.)

bhoybobby
09-24-2008, 07:45 PM
I knew that I would like John Carver the first time I heard him speak.
A straight shooting, no bull kinda guy and I appreciate that.

Was a little worried to hear him say "My head is on the block" though :eek:

It's a results based occupation, you don't win..................... i like the guy, he knows the score though, produce the goods, at least the performance, or it's bye, bye.

That goes for everyone, MO

counterattack
09-24-2008, 08:48 PM
My opinion is that we give John another season.
He's done some shocking things but on balance, from what I hear, the players are marginally okay with him.

Each player's situation is different some realy like and trust John; others don't to varying degrees!

Over the next 5 games we need to determine the quality of our bench players, not pursue some longshot idea that we can make the playoffs!

Brooker
09-24-2008, 08:58 PM
John Carver. Fuck The World.

Roogsy
09-24-2008, 09:16 PM
If they don't give JC another year to see what he can do...I will lose respect for this club.

This team needs continuity and if Mo doesn't build the right team from the very start of the season, and starts tinkering with it with the season in progress...we are screwed again.

When will this team have stability?

jloome
09-24-2008, 09:57 PM
I've vacillated on this and flip-flopped, but I suppose in the end I think he should stay, assuming the motivation issue can be worked out and a number of these players are willing to fight for their places with some stronger arrivals.

As much technique as we have, we lack heart and cohesiveness, indicative of unhappy players, or headcases. Maybe we're cursed with a team full of thinkers, all trying too hard to be the guy who solves the problem and not just working in clockwork. I don't know. I have a hard time believing it's just Carver.

Roogsy
09-24-2008, 10:21 PM
I agree...at this point it needs to be about instinct and automatic reaction rather than overthinking the game.

It would explain the hesitance of this team to even take a shot! From anywhere!

jloome
09-25-2008, 01:58 AM
It would also explain why they've gradually gotten worse and worse, why so many of the guys have gone from that neat short passing game that cut teams apart during the run of wins to guys trying one extra move, or freezing between two options, or ONLY playing the short game and forgetting to look to the wide field.

I don't know how many times the cliche "he thought about passing, he though about shooting, but ended up doing neither" could apply to this team, as well. It sounds like a bit of a cliche but the team reminds me of that series of scenes in "The Natural", the Robert Redford baseball flick. "Losing is a disease," a sports shrink intones. "As contagious as mononucleosis, as deadly as bubonic plague..." or something along those lines.

Axeman
09-25-2008, 02:12 AM
We WILL do so much worse if we don't give John Carver one more season!
And it wont just be me (if the club gets rid of him) that loses respect for the club, I think it will reflect on the organization as a whole. If we have trouble signing players now guess what it'll be like if we fire him after this season?

nascarguy
09-25-2008, 07:34 AM
If they don't give JC another year to see what he can do...I will lose respect for this club.

This team needs continuity and if Mo doesn't build the right team from the very start of the season, and starts tinkering with it with the season in progress...we are screwed again.

When will this team have stability?

yeah if JC is not hear next year I would lose all respect for this club.

You say When will this team have stability? I say when will the mlse have a team with stability!!