PDA

View Full Version : TFC TV good the bad and the Ugly

togetherness
09-23-2008, 11:07 AM
This year brought us TFCTV and a more in depth look at the team ..

What would you like to see on TFC going forward..

what sucked ?? and what did u like
Is it a marketing tool to suck us in more or is it for us??

IMO - I lkie it but it needs to be a bit more fun..afterall we haven't won in ages lets at least have a laugh or two

flatpicker
09-23-2008, 11:08 AM
they should hire the creators of Little Britain to produce the show!

Canary Canuck
09-23-2008, 11:08 AM
Just get rid of CV2

Nodoubtguy
09-23-2008, 11:10 AM

Little Britian USA - Sept 28th.....yay!!!

as for TFCTV.....more Ricketts!!!

Parkdale
09-23-2008, 11:14 AM
I like that they are giving us more video coverage of the team.
You can't complain about more coverage, but the nature of the coverage does
seem a little questionable to me at times. The most important thing about
making any content, (music, video, books, whatever) is to know your audience.
I'm not sure what audience they're going for, but it seems like their picture
of a 'general TFC fan' is different from our view. It's not like the thing would
ever be more than a PG rating, but it would be nice to get a bit risky with it.

I like the content, and now that they've established what they are doing,
it's time to push the envelope a bit further. There's no reward without risk.

Damien
09-23-2008, 11:21 AM
Maybe more professional segments like outlooks on scouting or the academy instead doing goofy interviews with players.

togetherness
09-23-2008, 11:22 AM
of a 'general TFC fan' is different from our view. It's not like the thing would

You bring up a very good point .. The crap they show is for 12 year olds or coma babies ..
To me there target audience is or should be 18 to 35 with some fun realistic clips instead of white wash..

The Kingpin
09-23-2008, 11:22 AM

I agree with this on most accounts. I do not watch TFC TV because it is basically a rhetorical commercial. I would like the fans to be more involved as they basically stole the fans creativity and gave us this watered down tripe. Give it back to the fans and walk away slowly, you are not entertainers and you never will be. Just a few thoughts, you guys are PURE CLASS!

LucaGol
09-23-2008, 11:25 AM

computer says noooooo

togetherness
09-23-2008, 11:28 AM
I agree with this on most accounts. I do not watch TFC TV because it is basically a rhetorical commercial. I would like the fans to be more involved as they basically stole the fans creativity and gave us this watered down tripe. Give it back to the fans and walk away slowly, you are not entertainers and you never will be. Just a few thoughts, you guys are PURE CLASS!

What do you mean ???

dantdot
09-23-2008, 11:31 AM
Needs more hot women, preferably scantily clad.

The Kingpin
09-23-2008, 11:32 AM
What do you mean ???

Most of the concepts and ideas were already being done by supporters groups and on-line entities in support of the club. TFC stripped them of their credentials so they could start TFC TV with no competition what so ever. And then they watered down the entertaining elements others created and re-packaged it in a far less entertaining way. But, by killing fan efforts, they knew that over time people would adhere to TFC TV as there was no other option. So that's why there is no effort to improve the offering and why they use poorly trained and non-entertaining staff (and the children of staff) to do this ostensibly for free.

togetherness
09-23-2008, 11:40 AM
Most of the concepts and ideas were already being done by supporters groups and on-line entities in support of the club. TFC stripped them of their credentials so they could start TFC TV with no competition what so ever. And then they watered down the entertaining elements others created and re-packaged it in a far less entertaining way. But, by killing fan efforts, they knew that over time people would adhere to TFC TV as there was no other option. So that's why there is no effort to improve the offering and why they use poorly trained and non-entertaining staff (and the children of staff) to do this ostensibly for free.

Cheers , ya I got you ..
To me this whole TFC experience started off very strong and felt very grass roots and fan involved ..
It has changed and I guess it was bound to happen . You would think TFC would have the brains to understand there market a little better but I guess thats not true either.

Parkdale
09-23-2008, 11:51 AM
thing is.... TFC TC has potential, if only because it's the last game in town.

Obviously we're going to ask for video that caters towards our age demographic, but if the decision from on high is to aim it at a 'general audience', then they're doing fine.

It's a well put together video, but not really directed at people like us.

AL-MO
09-23-2008, 11:55 AM
I don't really mind it, but I don't take it that seriously either. I agree with Parkdale on what he said. The point I have is maybe its not directed at us the supporters, maybe it is directed at the casual fan to bring them in more. To be honest as a member of a supporters club we get alot of information and media already with all of the columns, blogs and youtube videos. But I won't mention names. Or did I already do that above? :D

AL-MO
09-23-2008, 11:56 AM
I think you addressed all of my points Mike...:p

togetherness
09-23-2008, 12:03 PM
I don't really mind it, but I don't take it that seriously either. I agree with Parkdale on what he said. The point I have is maybe its not directed at us the supporters, maybe it is directed at the casual fan to bring them in more. To be honest as a member of a supporters club we get alot of information and media already with all of the columns, blogs and youtube videos. But I won't mention names. Or did I already do that above? :D

I hear you but seriously do you think that content has anything that will make you want to be more into a team .. If you were a casual supporter??

AL-MO
09-23-2008, 12:04 PM
Yes. As Parkdale said if their target audience is the casual fan, then they are doing a good job.

Pachuco
09-23-2008, 12:14 PM
casual fans don't watch TFC TV. In fact, I can't see casual fans even knowing about TFC TV. I'll ask all my casual fan buddies, who are die hard sports fans. Die hard Leaf, Raptors even Jays fans. They watch TFC casually, I am pretty sure not a single one of them knows about TFCTV.

Parkdale
09-23-2008, 12:16 PM
I hear you but seriously do you think that content has anything that will make you want to be more into a team .. If you were a casual supporter??

I think it totally does that for the casual fan. It shows them the players off the field and in real life situations. That's a great way to get the casual fans, especially kids, more interested in the club. Like Al-Mo said, we already get about as much content as we could want, but for people that aren't on sites like ours, it's a good way to get more exposure.

trane
09-23-2008, 12:29 PM
Maybe more professional segments like outlooks on scouting or the academy instead doing goofy interviews with players.

Yes.

AL-MO
09-23-2008, 12:38 PM
casual fans don't watch TFC TV. In fact, I can't see casual fans even knowing about TFC TV. I'll ask all my casual fan buddies, who are die hard sports fans. Die hard Leaf, Raptors even Jays fans. They watch TFC casually, I am pretty sure not a single one of them knows about TFCTV.

Well it is usually included in the e-mail newsletters to STH's so I would think some of them click onto it and have a watch. As for casual fans who look up the TFC site every now and then, you are probably right they likely don't watch it regularly.

togetherness
09-23-2008, 01:05 PM
I think it totally does that for the casual fan. It shows them the players off the field and in real life situations. That's a great way to get the casual fans, especially kids, more interested in the club. Like Al-Mo said, we already get about as much content as we could want, but for people that aren't on sites like ours, it's a good way to get more exposure.

I think you are way off here but respect your opinion..
I would much rather see your videos for a lice of reality

what "real life situations" do u see on TFC TV .. i say not many..

Parkdale
09-23-2008, 01:12 PM
^ you will notice I put real life in italics to show that it's not exactly what I mean.
When Rickets came to the Canada-Jamaica march and got 200+ people chanting
'Take it off' to him because of his Jamaica jacket, it was real life.

all in all, I think it's good for the kids and the parents. It's got to be PG rated, and non-confrontational. It's not trying to be '60 minutes' style reporting.

togetherness
09-23-2008, 01:20 PM
^ you will notice I put real life in italics to show that it's not exactly what I mean.
When Rickets came to the Canada-Jamaica march and got 200+ people chanting
'Take it off' to him because of his Jamaica jacket, it was real life.

all in all, I think it's good for the kids and the parents. It's got to be PG rated, and non-confrontational. It's not trying to be '60 minutes' style reporting.

Sorry for Beating this dead horse but .. Come on kids maybe , maybe might like it ..But its not even flashy or edited for kids .. ex This week In Baseball ..exciting..

and as far as parents , no chance the casual parent wil give a rats ass about it..

Like I said please keep up your videos as I enjoy your clips even more then infomercials from MLSE

Parkdale
09-23-2008, 01:27 PM
oh I'll keep doing what I do, but I know my audience is very different from that of TFC TV.

TorCanSoc
09-23-2008, 04:58 PM
Parkdale, your stuff is gold. But I like TFC TV. Cheese and all. CV2 is for the kids. I'm old old old school, remember Howie Meeker Hockey School from HNIC all those years (read decades) ago! I'm sure adults hated it, but I loved it. I think CV2 relates to, and is for the kids.

Cambridge_Red
09-23-2008, 05:16 PM
Cheers , ya I got you ..
To me this whole TFC experience started off very strong and felt very grass roots and fan involved ..
It has changed and I guess it was bound to happen . You would think TFC would have the brains to understand there market a little better but I guess thats not true either.

It's a professional team supported by alot of people. I understand the need to belong, but if you want grass roots the Lynx still has a team.

RPB_Brantford_08
09-23-2008, 05:19 PM
get TFC tv actually on TV would be a good start, a TFC channel like the leafs and Raps have.

SilverSamurai
09-23-2008, 06:04 PM
Just get rid of CV2
+infinity +100000!!!!

get TFC tv actually on TV would be a good start, a TFC channel like the leafs and Raps have.
Or even a weekly tv show to start...

Parkdale
09-24-2008, 08:55 AM

yeah.... so we can watch those Classic matches (where we lose) over and over again!

;)

At least with Leafs TV they have enough winning matches in the archive to fill one full week of programming.

TorCanSoc
09-25-2008, 08:57 PM
TFCtv with purchased rights to other league games. Showing MLS games. I'm not sure about other people, but since we've got our team and league. I've shown considerably less interest in the European games. Now don't give me sh*t about league quality, we all know we're nowhere near Europe. I just find my interest a lot more geared toward MLS.

LeafsTV was a complete joke when it started. Well low-and-behold it has 10 or 12 away games. TFCtv can/will do the same thing.

PaulinosTFC
09-25-2008, 11:33 PM
Needs more hot women, preferably scantily clad.

Best post I've seen in a while! :hump:

Shakes McQueen
09-25-2008, 11:39 PM
- More lengthy interviews with Mo, Carver, new acquisitions, etc.
- Full video of the post-match press conferences with Carver every week.
- Rollin' With Ricketts!
- Lose CV2, and that girl that asks the lame questions.
- Lose the horrible music before every segment, that sounds like some sort of steam powered computer starting up.

I would also like to see them start shopping Rollin' With Ricketts to channels like RSN and The Score, just as a fun little segment to maybe get more folks interested in Toronto FC. He is a great personality, and a great face for the club. And lord knows those channels could make time for it.

- Scott

nascarguy
09-26-2008, 01:04 AM
I'll say this if you do not like it not watch.

Dirk Diggler
09-26-2008, 01:18 AM
I agree with the general consensus ... just get rid of CV2 ... preferably in a violent manner and caught on camera for TFC TV viewers to enjoy.

Tyler Durden
09-27-2008, 11:32 AM
CV2 has got to go...if anything they should only have him on a couple show a year but to give the kid a spot that takes up alot of the time i think they can give us something better such as hanging out with certain players each episode, showing what they do on their time off..etc

plus CV2's voice is squeeky at times which makes it hard to listen to and enjoy...no offence CV...also doesnt his dad work for the FO? mayeb we're stuck with it...:noidea: