PDA

View Full Version : Who would you want to see come off the bench and be a starter for the remaining games

CenturySam
09-22-2008, 06:47 AM
just wondering who would you want to see come off the bench, and be a regular starter for the remainder of the season? Sometimes i feel like Carver keeps trying the same ol' thing with the same ol' result.

I choose Jarrod Smith, i like the way he controls the ball at his feet, and I don't think he has been given enough of a chance to shine out on the pitch. Look at how many chances cunny had, why not give the same opportunity to someone else.

I was gonna say Johann Smith, but Jarrod has seniority, and should be given the chance first.

BuSaPuNk
09-22-2008, 08:26 AM
I'm going to have to say Tyler Rosenlund. He looked very promising in the Chivas game when we were out regulars. He looks like he has the ability to step up and start with this team next year.

Carts
09-22-2008, 08:52 AM
Johan Smith.

He has a great plus with his speed alone - needs experience to utilize it properly...

Like last game, he played with the ball too long along the touch & in the corner - as noted on Sportsnet when the mics picked up Dichio yelling "...Johan, put the f*cking cross in..." LOL

Carts...

ben_vw
09-22-2008, 09:12 AM
Jo Smith, Tyler Rosenlund, and Nana.

J .
09-22-2008, 09:55 AM
hemming

deschamp86
09-22-2008, 09:58 AM
hemming

Hemmin plays for Tampere United in Finland

David_Oliveira
09-22-2008, 10:31 AM
I didn't see Dichio on your list. I would love to see:
------------Sutton-------------
Wynee Marshall James Dunnivant
------------Robbo--------------
Ricketts-----------------Brennan
-----------Guevara-------------
------Dichio--------------------
-----------------Ruiz-----------

Dichio behind Ruiz could do damage. We all know Danny likes to flick the ball on so put him in a position to do so.
Brennan is a NATURAL LM. let him play that and put Dunnivant at the back or is he still hurt?

woolly
09-22-2008, 12:35 PM
I found Gabe Gala to be excellent in both games he played in this year. Since our mids couldn't string Christmas Lights together ATM, I think he shoudl be given some 1st shift time.

TFCREDNWHITE
09-22-2008, 12:38 PM
Johann Smith! I wanna see more outta this kid!!!

trane
09-22-2008, 12:40 PM
Nana Attakora-Gyan - he will be a quality player in this league. He needs to start seeing more time.

sidney
09-22-2008, 12:40 PM
so much for our "depth" (or more accurately lack thereof)

Broadview
09-22-2008, 01:00 PM
In the brief instances we've seen Gala, I thought he looked great. Very speedy running down the wing. I was pretty surprised we didn't see him when the line up was riddled with injuries and call-ups, which leads me to speculate that maybe JC doesn't think very highly of him. I know he's young, but younger guys have gotten out there. Him and Melo pretty much seem to be stapled to the bench.

Rosenlund put in recent decent performances but I remember watching him against Pachuca and he was terrible. Nice to see the way he's rebounded and I hope it continues.

Playoffs are out of the question so it would be nice to see a little experimentation out there. Who knows, if we tank enough we can still nab next year's 2nd overall pick as well as the "you suck" allocation. More ammo for next season :)

Stfran168
09-22-2008, 01:04 PM
Get Johann Smith out there, he has speed and mad dangles!!!

Kevvv
09-22-2008, 01:04 PM
Mrs. Workie

v00d00daddy
09-22-2008, 01:47 PM
I was torn between Roselund and Jo Smith. Went with Roselund. If we HAVE to have Cdn's on this team, I'd like to see a little more of him to see if he could be an everyday player.

NewcastleFan
09-22-2008, 06:35 PM
jo smith deserves to start in a few games

Nodoubtguy
09-22-2008, 06:39 PM
Jo Smith, Nana, Gabe....

Bobo
09-22-2008, 06:41 PM
Everyone but Harmse and Jarrod. They had their chances and were poor.

In particular Rosenlund and Johann though.

Section 117
09-22-2008, 06:53 PM
I didn't see Dichio on your list. I would love to see:
------------Sutton-------------
Wynee Marshall James Dunnivant
------------Robbo--------------
Ricketts-----------------Brennan
-----------Guevara-------------
------Dichio--------------------
-----------------Ruiz-----------

Dichio behind Ruiz could do damage. We all know Danny likes to flick the ball on so put him in a position to do so.
Brennan is a NATURAL LM. let him play that and put Dunnivant at the back or is he still hurt?

Actually the proper formation would be to have Danny upfront and Ruiz trailing as Danny would control the ball and lay it off for Ruiz