PDA

View Full Version : R. Johnston-Field of dreams

denime
09-22-2008, 06:06 AM
Field of dreams

To be honest I wasn't thrilled with the Sunday morning interview slot I had arranged with Ottawa Senators owner Eugene Melnyk.

As it turned out, neither was he.

Both of us had made individual plans to settle in and watch the match between Manchester United and its archrival Chelsea.

Read more (http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/blogs/2008/09/21/johnston_melnyk_blog/)

nascarguy
09-22-2008, 06:17 AM
The deadline for expansion applications is October 15, with a formal announcement of which cities will join the league in 2011 to come shortly after. Aside from the interest in Ottawa, Montreal and Vancouver, U.S.-based cities like St. Louis and Portland are also considered front-runners to land a team.

I like to hear this;

(Note: Five fields will be built, including the stadium where the proposed franchise will play its home games. Three of the five will be real grass.)

Fort York Redcoat
09-22-2008, 09:10 AM
Ivy on the walls. Man. This sounds like an amazing facility that will sell out only when Toronto or Montreal come to town.

flatpicker
09-22-2008, 09:17 AM
Good luck to them.
If we can have 4 teams in Canada (that can draw crowds) then I will be very pleased.

An intelligent schedule maker would have the Canadian teams playing each other as often as possible!