PDA

View Full Version : Next Year

Nuvinho
09-21-2008, 06:30 PM
I think its time to look to see again who will be back next year and how our cap situation looks like. I know this topic is been done over and over, but I want to see how much cap we have left and how many spots. I know some of you guys know the salaries available, so please edit if I am wrong.

First XI:

-------------------Sutton (157.5K)-------------------------

Wynne(150K)--------CB------------CB---------Brennan(183.3K)

---------------------Robbo(330K)----------------------------

Ricketts(212.5K)-----------------------------------------LM

----------------------Guevara (185.8K)----------------------

---------------RF-----------------Dichio(165.6K)-------------

Next 7:

Edwards (GK) - 44.8K
James (CB) - 44.8K
Dunivant (LB/LM) - 104.7K
Harmse (CDM) - 72K
Barrett (RF) - 65K (new contract???)
Bench
Bench

For the Senior Roster: Cap Used - $1.716M

6 spots open $584K (not including allocation money)

We have 11 Intl Spots used (Includes Ibbe and Jo.Smith). Don't know how many we have left for next year?? (Wooster_TFC help??)

Assumptions/Suggestions:

1.We get major allocation b/c we are shite, and the $500K from the Edu sale. Total: $1M ???

2.We keep all 3 draft picks, 1 or 2 used for Senior Bench.

3. DP (I won't go there, b/c it will cause more agony)

4. Rosenlund (and I guess Jo. Smith) on Senior Developmental Roster

Shakes McQueen
09-21-2008, 06:41 PM
I agree for the most part.

A few things though:
- Indications seem to point to Wynne not being here next season, from what I've been reading. This actually excites me though, because it means we will hopefully see almost an entirely new backline brought in for next season, save for Brennan. I firemly believe Velez is toast after this season.
- I would keep Jo Smith as a regular sub, if not a starter next season, depending on what our roster looks like.
- I suspect our DP will be a striker, so you might as well plug him in there now.

- Scott

Marco2K
09-21-2008, 07:01 PM
Ricketts should come in off the bench. He has been playing terrible.

If all those guys are staying for next year we are gonna suck again.

Its time for a major overhaul.

Even Amado should not be guarneted a job.

brad
09-21-2008, 08:18 PM
Even Amado should not be guarneted a job.

Part of the problem with a tight salary cap, nobody should be guaranteed a place.

RPB_Brantford_08
09-21-2008, 08:30 PM
keep the folowing 13 and move the rest on:

Sutton<Edwards<Wynne<Marshall<Velez<James<
Robinson<Ricketts<Dunivant<Harmse<
Barrett<Guevara<Smith, Ibby<

here you have a solid squad and work at getting a supporting cast.

shwade
09-21-2008, 08:34 PM

Uhhh.

That was pretty much our starting XI last game...what happened?

I think Ricketts should go, he's being paid too much (more than guevara, wtf) and doesn't do anything. Other than that I agree, except Barrett and Dichio should be coming off the bench.

brad
09-21-2008, 08:34 PM

Marshall and Velez are shit and should be sent packing.

Keyman
09-21-2008, 08:50 PM
Players like Guevara and Ricketts will improve exponentially if they are surrounded by numerous quality players. How many times has Guevara had absolutely no one to set up after creating space on the ball? How many times has a Ricketts cross been wasted by a fellow player in the box? If both are going to have a significant impact on this team, then there needs to be an actualy team around them. This has not been the case throughout this season.

Cutting either player would be a mistake of epic proportions.

ben_vw
09-21-2008, 08:50 PM
Johann Smith is going to tear this league apart in years to come. He must stay.

Keyman
09-21-2008, 08:56 PM
Smith is an interesting player, one to watch for sure. He obviously displays many attributes which are desirable. His problem is that he spends way too much time on the ball, which again could be a side effect of a poor team around him. He has a lot of work to do in order to become a force, but he obviously has the ability. His pace would tear apart MLS backlines for years to come, and he can dangle.

Keep him, I agree.

icecoldbeer
09-21-2008, 09:13 PM
Did Jarrod Smith fall off everyone's radar?

ben_vw
09-21-2008, 09:20 PM
Smith is an interesting player, one to watch for sure. He obviously displays many attributes which are desirable. His problem is that he spends way too much time on the ball, which again could be a side effect of a poor team around him. He has a lot of work to do in order to become a force, but he obviously has the ability. His pace would tear apart MLS backlines for years to come, and he can dangle.

Keep him, I agree.

Working under the right coach and getting an opportunity is all he needs. He'll get there.

James17930
09-21-2008, 09:27 PM
Did Jarrod Smith fall off everyone's radar?

Yes -- because he didn't do anything in the time that he got. So . . .

Nuvinho
09-21-2008, 09:31 PM
Jo. Smith needs to use his speed properly to be an effective player in this league.

Ja. Smith may be gone, just due to the # of internationals next year.

Shakes McQueen
09-21-2008, 09:31 PM
Working under the right coach and getting an opportunity is all he needs. He'll get there.

I agree. I'm excited to see how he plays next season, with a full off-season of training and practicing with the club. Same with Barrett, after a full off-season working with Winsper. See if we can get any more acceleration and speed out of those legs of his. And maybe even 90 minutes a match, too. :D

- Scott

LucaGol
09-21-2008, 09:39 PM
Im telling you right now, the best thing that this team could do in the offseason is sign at least 2 more creative players.

Wynne ---- CB --------- CB ------ Brennan

--------- Guevara ----- Robbo
----------------- AM
Ricketts ------------------- DP?
---------------- CF

My dream:

Wynne -- Conde -- Christanval -- Brennan
--------- Guevara -- Robinson
--------------- Juninho
Ricketts --------------------- De Rosario
--------------- Barrett

Whatever ... Im on crack ... who cares ... fantasy is better than real life right now with this team.

Nuvinho
09-21-2008, 09:43 PM
I would offer Chicago's 1st round pick back for Conde

Ruiz (I know, I know.....hard to trade him) plus the 2 other picks for DeRo.

I agree, fantasy is better than reality right now......I can't wait for FIFA 09, so I can make a bunch of transfers.

ben_vw
09-21-2008, 09:43 PM
What would you guys think of Craig Bellamy for our DP striker next season? He was linked to us last off-season I believe.

Pros:

- only 29
- has worked with Carver before
- at the same level as Juan Pablo Angel

I won't list cons, I'm trying to be positive here. It's hard.

Nuvinho
09-21-2008, 09:44 PM
What would you guys think of Craig Bellamy for our DP striker next season? He was linked to us last off-season I believe.

Pros:

- only 29

Refuses to play on turf, he said that over and over again. He didn't even practice on it here for the All-Star game.

ben_vw
09-21-2008, 09:46 PM
Refuses to play on turf, he said that over and over again. He didn't even practice on it here for the All-Star game.

Oh wow. I didn't know that. Who's up for another grass protest? :rolleyes:

CoachGT
09-21-2008, 09:50 PM
Very happy to see this thread!

A couple of things come to mind.

Conditioning: Much has been said of the improved conditioning of the squad this year, and the injury situation is a good representative of that. But the number of late goals against is often a sign of conditioning problems. Whether physical or mental conditioning, there seems to be a problem.

I've wondered whether the early success is an indication of TFC being in better condition than opponents and then the others catching up later, bringing us back to earth.

Decision making: Lately it seems that just about every touch of the ball is forced - players are fighting the ball and then having a hard time directing it to where it needs to go. last night, KC seemed to move the ball into the right directions at will - good first touches and quick movement to another player. I'm not sure if this is just decision making or sound positional play.

First touches: Watching Becks at the All Star Game pointed one thing out to me very clearly - every time he touched the ball he controlled it - it went exactly where he wanted it to go off the first touch. Whether it was a cross from the far side of the field, a switch, or a simple 10 yard pass at his feet, it always (ALWAYS) dropped at his feet to prepare for his next touch. Every time. When our guys take a cross, it seems to bounce off them and land 10 feet away, making them chase. We need to have better first touches.

Excitement/sense of urgency: Is gone. The main source of excitement/urgency is the fans. The chanting and singing has responded, getting louder and louder, even in the Chivas game. However, the players don't seem to be responding. On the field or after the game - it may be disappointment at how they play, but throughout last year they acknowledged the fans after a game, even a poor performance. This year, they just walk away. Sends a message to the fans.

I think a solid foundation for the future is in place, but it would be nice to be more competitive through the year.

ben_vw
09-21-2008, 10:07 PM
Great post CoachGT. It's not all doom and gloom. We're a lot further now than we were last year. Something has to change, though, and I'm interested to see what happens.

RedsYNWA
09-21-2008, 10:11 PM
Screw everyone that does not have his team in their hearts
Keep Brennan,Robbo,Dichio,Ricketts,Sutton,Dunivant,Vele z

I don't care for the last 2 or 4 but they honestly give a shit about this team, players like ruiz, guevera, barret are just journeymen that will never give this team what it lacks HEART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RedsYNWA
09-21-2008, 10:12 PM
camon boys we bleed red lets make our players do the same

Lucky Strike
09-21-2008, 10:13 PM
I think its time to look to see again who will be back next year and how our cap situation looks like. I know this topic is been done over and over, but I want to see how much cap we have left and how many spots. I know some of you guys know the salaries available, so please edit if I am wrong.

First XI:

Next 7:

Edwards (GK) - 44.8K
James (CB) - 44.8K
Dunivant (LB/LM) - 104.7K
Harmse (CDM) - 72K
Barrett (RF) - 65K (new contract???)
Bench
Bench

For the Senior Roster: Cap Used - $1.716M

6 spots open $584K (not including allocation money)

We have 11 Intl Spots used (Includes Ibbe and Jo.Smith). Don't know how many we have left for next year?? (Wooster_TFC help??)

Assumptions/Suggestions:

1.We get major allocation b/c we are shite, and the $500K from the Edu sale. Total: $1M ???

2.We keep all 3 draft picks, 1 or 2 used for Senior Bench.

3. DP (I won't go there, b/c it will cause more agony)

4. Rosenlund (and I guess Jo. Smith) on Senior Developmental Roster

Good analysis. Let's not forget that Brennan can be pushed up to LM (it's his "natural" position) and Dunivant used as LB. I'm not saying this is the best idea, but it seems a shame to have a player like Dunivant on the bench.

I'm sure some would rate him differently than me and perhaps they're right: if he doesn't play, he can't mess things up and let's face it, Velez and Marshall are making him look like an all-star.

Nuvinho
09-21-2008, 10:19 PM
Good analysis. Let's not forget that Brennan can be pushed up to LM (it's his "natural" position) and Dunivant used as LB. I'm not saying this is the best idea, but it seems a shame to have a player like Dunivant on the bench.

I'm sure some would rate him differently than me and perhaps they're right: if he doesn't play, he can't mess things up and let's face it, Velez and Marshall are making him look like an all-star.

I was thinking the same thing, what I like about Dunivant, is that he can play both LB and LM, so he is cover in case we lose someone (He was sorely missed this year). As well, that is why I like Hunter Freeman as well, he can play both RB and RM. Too bad we will be losing him this year.

[NBF]
09-21-2008, 10:26 PM
:canada:Here we go:
------------------------GK------------------------
----------------------Sutton----------------------
----------------------Edwards---------------------
----------------------Monsalve--------------------
RB------------CB------------------CB------------LB
Wynne------James--------------*Serioux*-----Brennan
Gyan-------*Velez*-------------*Ihemelu*-----Gala
-------------------------------*S.Thomas*----Dunivant
------------------------DM-------------------------
--------------------C. Robinson---------------------
----------------------Harmse-----------------------
-----------------------Melo-------------------------
--------------MF------------------MF--------------
----------T.Rosenlund-----------Guevara------------
----------*NEW GUY*---------*NEW GUY*----------
-----------K.Elkinson-------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------
WR----------------------------------------------WL
Barrett--------------------------------------Ricketts
Ibrahim-------------------------------------Jo.Smith
D.Gaudet----------------------------------*NEW GUY*
------------------------FW--------------------------
--------------*DP Striker= Sibusiso Zuma*-----------
--------------------Chad Barrett---------------------
----------------------Ja.Smith-----------------------

1. Serioux- I dont see how he doesnt join TFC next season considering he's hardly playing at all.

2. Shavar Thomas- If what they're saying about Chivas USA turning into an all American team than it would make sense to spend a bit or give up a few draft picks to get this guy.

3. Ugo Ihemelu- Whether he's a Canadian citizen or not he's considered Canadian by the league so he would help in the backfield plenty considering he's a strong center back. He would be my 1st choice,but I dont know how much the Rapids would want in exchange considering he's their best defender.

4. Velez- Im not sold on this guy just being a waste of time, he is a bit over his head but so is Jarrod Smith and he's still on the team. Velez needs to be looked at for at least one more season. Jarrod Marco, both are the prototypical size for their posirtions but lack the skill needed thats why they're good for depth.

5. Dunivant- I almost forgot about him considering we havent seen him in 4 months. Don't know if he wants to stay with TFC so I included him anyways.

6. Rosenlund- I included him as a MF but I dont know if I would start him, but TFC needs new talent in the middle of this formation or even on the roster. It seems like we have too little depth at centre midfielders.

7. Elkinson- I have no idea where this guy is at, but I put him in anyways.

8. Guevara- From what I see is more comfortable playing back and playing in space, I think next season he should fit well as a midfield centre.

9. Ibrahim- Right winger, maybe a supporting striker

10. Barrett- not sold on him being a forward, because forwards tenbd to score. He's much better off swingging in crosses and taking shots from the sides.

11. I put Gaudet in right winger spot cause he's only 5'7 and doesnt have much business going into the middle of the pitch or leading the attack.

12. Ricketts can go anywhere and he would do a good on either wing or even as a attacking midfielder.

13. Johan Smith, until i see something worth notting i think he's no different than derek gaudet and he should stay on the LW or RW wherever he's comfortable swinging the ball.

14. DP--------------------Sibusiso Zuma-----------------------DP
Why not he's a celebrity everywhere he goes, he's flashy, he's strong, he's skilled, he's a forward! Right now he's signed to a South African team and he's the highest paid player in the league, making over $200,000 a season. He's up there in Age but he recently finished a full season in Bundesliga. Zuma the Puma would be a great addition scoring 10-15 goals. Not huge but he would be great to give the team some hope.

15. Zuma the Puma's back up i have no idea maybe Danny Dichio but he needs to show that he still has some speed.

Oldtimer
09-21-2008, 10:33 PM
Carver liked Velez, but I think he's toast, especially after that stupid red card.

Luca is right that creativity is what we need.

Wooster_TFC
09-22-2008, 07:16 AM
Based on my information so far, (at http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=3237), we lose two International spots at the end of the year (likely why we currently have two International spots open). Everything else stays.

That leaves us with 11 International spots, and 5 US. There's a rumor as well that we might get an extra US spot this coming year (to move away from Internationals and more towards US/Canadian). Now, one of our Internationals is gone, and ALL of our US spots come up for consideration at the end of 2009 (or maybe only 2 of the US spots). This hamstrings us a little when it comes to signing long term Internationals.

It's a little hazy in my mind as to who is technically signed for next year. I know for sure that Barrett is, but besides that, I don't know who has a guaranteed contract and who doesn't. I know for one that Ricketts does not, and I'm assuming Guevara does. The haziness of the situation makes me not want to posit on who might be returning next year.

To be honest, I can see an off-season of focusing on trying to get a couple good Canadians in here, because after 2009, we're going to be hurting even more on the quota. It's always good to be trading/dealing from a strong position rather than from one of necessity.

OneLoveOneEric
09-22-2008, 07:22 AM

Pros:

- only 29

Dressing room cancer.
And keep him away from the golf clubs :)

Shaughno
09-22-2008, 07:47 AM
Dressing room cancer.
And keep him away from the golf clubs :)

Might as well give him a set if he's coming here, cause he sure ain't playing on any turf.

Hugh Jazz
09-22-2008, 08:19 AM
I sincerely hope we see a change at CB next season. When we started off this season it looked pretty promising because our backline was doing well without having much chemistry but it has only gone down hill as the season progressed. Perhaps we should trade one of our CBs and a first round pick for a proven defender (aka not James, not ragging on him, it might just be more time that he needs) who can consistently lead the defense (aka not Marshall or Velez) and wants to be here (aka not Tebily). Serioux's name seems to pop up in this thread, is he a candidate? I'm definitely up for another Canadian starter. :canada:

jloome
09-22-2008, 11:46 AM
Players like Guevara and Ricketts will improve exponentially if they are surrounded by numerous quality players. How many times has Guevara had absolutely no one to set up after creating space on the ball? How many times has a Ricketts cross been wasted by a fellow player in the box? If both are going to have a significant impact on this team, then there needs to be an actualy team around them. This has not been the case throughout this season.

Guevara is our most talented player but he hogs the ball, coughs it up frequently and looks at thought there IS an I in team. He also does not have a real two-way workrate. His lack of heart is indicative of the lack of fight the team has generally. Ditto with Ruiz, Velez, James and possibly a few others.

Ricketts on the bench? Are ye mad lads? He's the only player who shows consistent effort on the team and the odd bad game does not equate to getting rid of one of your most skilled players.

jloome
09-22-2008, 11:55 AM
As for the rest, there's a decided surplus of technique over football thinking here. We have terrible off the ball movement, which is hard to teach to players near the end of their career.

I think we have to accept that the reason Robbo and Brennan were perennial backups in England is that htey make poor decisions. So does Marshall, Velez, Jarrod Smith, and Barrett.

I think our starting lineup should look something like this (and Sibiso Zuma, assumign his legs aren't gone, would be a really good striker we could get for less than DP money, as would Scott McGleish).

-----------NEW GK(sutton backup-------------
---Wynne---NEW CB ----- New CB ------ New RB (Brennan on bench)
---Ricketts ---------NEW CM ---- NEW CM ------Jo Smith
-------------------Dichio/Barrett ---- new striker -----------------

It's not just heart. These are the players we have who, for the most part, make the right choice and show good football intelligence. Couldn't disagree more on Jo Smith, he doesn't need more time and he holds onto the ball just about right, given that he's rarely stripped of it and ends up near the byline most of the time.\

If we can afford his salary and he'll stay for a bench role, we should keep Robbo to shutdown games late. He's too one way and defensive to be a starter but would be great as fresh legs late to close down tight games. Ditto with Barrett and BRennan, both better as bench options.

TFCREDNWHITE
09-22-2008, 01:33 PM
-----------NEW GK(sutton backup-------------
---Wynne---NEW CB ----- New CB ------ New RB (Brennan on bench)
---Ricketts ---------NEW CM ---- Guevara ------Jo Smith
-------------------New Striker ---- new striker -----------------

I made a couple of changes, but everything else i agree with..

Pretty much we need a whole new team!! LOL :cool:

The problem that we're gonna run into is the Salary Cap!! We are gonna run outta of money fast! and we're gonna be stuck with the same shit players again...WHY? because you get what you pay for!!

Wooster_TFC
09-22-2008, 01:37 PM
I made a couple of changes, but everything else i agree with..

Pretty much we need a whole new team!! LOL :cool:

The problem that we're gonna run into is the Salary Cap!! We are gonna run outta of money fast! and we're gonna be stuck with the same shit players again...WHY? because you get what you pay for!!

And Canadian player quotas.

Nuvinho
09-22-2008, 01:39 PM
And Canadian player quotas.

I was just gonna comment on that. I was thinking, we will always be at a disadvantage compared to other MLS teams (even the expansion teams will probably do better than us), due to the number of Canadians we need to keep on our team (regardless of talent).

v00d00daddy
09-22-2008, 01:44 PM
First XI:

Coach GT, nice post.

I find it hard to believe that we are talking about a salary cap issue and nobody has mentioned our 330k a year defensive mid.

Am I the only that thinks that the money could be better spent, and the position played by someone else?

How does it make sense to make a guy the 14th highest paid player in the league at that position?

Anyways. I'd like to see a little more of Roselund this year to see if he could be an everyday player next year.

jloome
09-22-2008, 02:07 PM
First XI:

Coach GT, nice post.

I find it hard to believe that we are talking about a salary cap issue and nobody has mentioned our 330k a year defensive mid.

Am I the only that thinks that the money could be better spent, and the position played by someone else?

How does it make sense to make a guy the 14th highest paid player in the league at that position?

Anyways. I'd like to see a little more of Roselund this year to see if he could be an everyday player next year.

Hah! I love how everyone (myself included) skips ahead....I just finished advocating for an entirely new midfield, including dropping Robbo, not because he's not a good DM but because this really does seem to be a two-way league. Defensive "specialists" pretty much have to be in the back line.

Again, it's very hard to come up with a "winning" idea for a lineup give that we don't really know what's going on behind the scenes. I refuse to believe there aren't other issues with the level of these performances.

Maybe the turf issue with respect to training is much more serious than let on. Maybe these guys have dead legs by the end of every game from running on a cushion all week, which is why we keep giving up last minute goals and look entirely listless and never at full speed.

It could well be that that's why they want a GRASS practice facility, not a grass BMO. They keep the advantage over other teams of turf, but can point out that it won't have a significant physiological effect on the players, because they'll divide practise time with a more forgiving surface.

Beach_Red
09-22-2008, 02:20 PM
Again, it's very hard to come up with a "winning" idea for a lineup give that we don't really know what's going on behind the scenes. I refuse to believe there aren't other issues with the level of these performances.

Yes, I think you're right, there are other issues. There are also a few draft picks coming that might be interesting, guys like O'Brian White if we can get him.

Someone also said a while ago that looking at the most successful teams in the MLS the key is in the American players. I guess for TFC that also means Canadian players.

So, if someone could put together one of these line-ups that includes back-ups like Ibby and Rosenlund, I think we might start to see a very North American team developing.

Hitcho
09-22-2008, 02:22 PM
If we get a DP in as a striker, it needs to be someone with a predatory finish. I really don't care about play-making etc, what we need is someone who will stick the ball in the back of the net from anywhere in or around the 18 yard box. In this league, that kind of player can make a season for you, because the defences really aren't that great.

As for the US/international spots, if Montreal, Vancouver and Ottawa do all join MLS, then surely the league will be forced to say that american and canadian players all count as "domestic", and that both US and Canadian clubs are then bound by the same set of rules for international players. If they continue this ludicrous distinction with three or more Canadian clubs in the league, then the canadian clubs will fold because the canadian player pool is so thin for them.

v00d00daddy
09-22-2008, 02:27 PM
Hah! I love how everyone (myself included) skips ahead....I just finished advocating for an entirely new midfield, including dropping Robbo, not because he's not a good DM but because this really does seem to be a two-way league. Defensive "specialists" pretty much have to be in the back line.

Maybe the turf issue with respect to training is much more serious than let on. Maybe these guys have dead legs by the end of every game from running on a cushion all week, which is why we keep giving up last minute goals and look entirely listless and never at full speed.

It could well be that that's why they want a GRASS practice facility, not a grass BMO. They keep the advantage over other teams of turf, but can point out that it won't have a significant physiological effect on the players, because they'll divide practise time with a more forgiving surface.

I did read your post. I just missed the Robbo part. My bad. Even still. You're the only 1 out of many posters who mentioned Robbo. On top of that you spoke more about how one dimensional he is more than his salary.

I would love to keep Robbo at defensive mid. Maybe even make him a centre back. I just don't think he should be paid more than 100-120 grand for what he does.

jabbronies
09-22-2008, 02:27 PM
why does everyone insist on keeping Velez in their lineups??

What does everyone see in him that I don't??

Hitcho
09-22-2008, 02:30 PM
why does everyone insist on keeping Velez in their lineups??

What does everyone see in him that I don't??

He's had his moments, but the problem is he's not consistent, and at CB that's a vital skill.

jloome
09-22-2008, 03:35 PM
I did read your post. I just missed the Robbo part. My bad. Even still. You're the only 1 out of many posters who mentioned Robbo. On top of that you spoke more about how one dimensional he is more than his salary.

I would love to keep Robbo at defensive mid. Maybe even make him a centre back. I just don't think he should be paid more than 100-120 grand for what he does.

I don't think any player can simply be a d.mid in this league. Look at the players in the middle who do well: Joseph, Nagamura, Thorrington, all guys who can play both ways and have some speed.

trane
09-22-2008, 04:06 PM
I realy think that it all starts with the right coaching staff and manager. We need to establish a playing style and system and stick to it. Develop players that can play in that system and bring in players that can fit into that system. We need to start over, I do not care if we grow slowly we just need to build it right. Right now we are not building it right. I want this club to be the Club in CONCAF. We are not on the way toward that.

Marco2K
09-22-2008, 06:00 PM
I just dont get all this love for Ricketts. Come on people. the guy has very little ability. He had one good game for TFC. he scored 2 goals.

the guy is terrible at corners.

He gives it his best , but if we want to win he is just not good enough.

Some of you guys are naming 90% of the team to be back next year. Are you kidding me.

We are the worse team in the league again.

Our best player last year left us. (OBRIEN) and we were never really able to replace him.(robert.)

we need a bunch of new players and SOME FREAKIN GRASS

Hugh Jazz
09-23-2008, 06:22 AM

True.

Some of you guys are naming 90% of the team to be back next year. Are you kidding me.

Keeping a foundation and building chemistry are crucial to having a successful team, having a revolving door has done nothing so far these two years.

We are the worse team in the league again

Seasons not over!

tim90
09-23-2008, 02:01 PM
toronto fc need a new cocah

nobodybeatsthewiz
09-23-2008, 02:05 PM
ze return of tim90

Oldtimer
09-23-2008, 02:07 PM
I just dont get all this love for Ricketts. Come on people. the guy has very little ability. He had one good game for TFC. he scored 2 goals.

Ricketts is a "set-up man," not a goal-scorer.

His corners are weak, but his passing is decent. Too bad we don't have anyone good enough to make something of them.

What really stands out is his exceptional dribbling ability. It's hard for defenders to dispossess him of the ball.

Big Bruva
09-23-2008, 02:39 PM
I swear your young and you seem to have more footy sense than some of the older guys on this board lol

Reading what you just wrote made me think of Canada v Hondorus (sp)

I have watched Amado many times this season for TFC and a lot of the players do not read what he does, they are a step behind and he is a page ahead, i have watched Ro many times this season and he has put through passes or loads of crosses in and players are not making the right runs etc

Then a bunch of us went to go watch Julian and Canada play and i saw what Amado really does with players they have the right understanding and it seemed like it was nothing special and really he controlled the pace and what his team were doing.

My friends left there saying "i used to think Guevara was crap but he's class" lol

Big Bruva
09-23-2008, 02:44 PM
Bella would tear this league up BUT he would have to play to do that and the way he has been injured he might play less than DD this year.

Pros:

- only 29

Keyman
09-23-2008, 03:26 PM
I swear your young and you seem to have more footy sense than some of the older guys on this board lol

Reading what you just wrote made me think of Canada v Hondorus (sp)

I have watched Amado many times this season for TFC and a lot of the players do not read what he does, they are a step behind and he is a page ahead, i have watched Ro many times this season and he has put through passes or loads of crosses in and players are not making the right runs etc

Then a bunch of us went to go watch Julian and Canada play and i saw what Amado really does with players they have the right understanding and it seemed like it was nothing special and really he controlled the pace and what his team were doing.

My friends left there saying "i used to think Guevara was crap but he's class" lol

Yup perfect example, the reason Guevara may seem like he is hogging the ball is because he has to. You can see the quality he has, he wants to set up other players; but if there's no one to set up, what's he supposed to do? When he played for Honduras against Canada, as you said, you saw what he could do.

And Ricketts, well people know how I feel about him. He's one of, if not our best player, and he is one of the most passionate as well. He would be a major loss. MAJOR.

And don't underestimate the youth of today my friend!:p
We are a powerful group haha

Red Rat
09-23-2008, 03:35 PM
Tim90
He is back!!!! nice to have around bro.

Big Bruva
09-23-2008, 03:36 PM
lol yeah the youth in this country are getting better i must admit lol

I honestly take some of the posts i read with a grain of salt coz in all honesty there are quite a few TFC fans that are just fans for the hype and don't really know what they are talking about in regards to Footy sense and i don't just mean those are the people that say Ro is crap or needs to go etc lol coz everyone can have their opinion and that is not affecting me or Ro but some some of the things i read lol

Yup perfect example, the reason Guevara may seem like he is hogging the ball is because he has to. You can see the quality he has, he wants to set up other players; but if there's no one to set up, what's he supposed to do? When he played for Honduras against Canada, as you said, you saw what he could do.

And Ricketts, well people know how I feel about him. He's one of, if not our best player, and he is one of the most passionate as well. He would be a major loss. MAJOR.

And don't underestimate the youth of today my friend!:p
We are a powerful group haha

jloome
09-23-2008, 11:36 PM
I notice in the post-game interview video up on TFC TV that Carver says the team is exposed through the middle every time Guevara plays there. That pretty much says we're going back to the 4-5-1 or 443, to me.