PDA

View Full Version : Be Honest - Simple Questions

giambac
09-21-2008, 09:14 AM
After watching yesterdays poor performance which has become the norm for this team and after winning only one game since early June (almost 4 months), BE HONEST to yourself and answer these simple questions

1) Does this team play a very boring,dull brand of soccer?
2) Does this team look clueless on most nights. Uninspired?
3) Does this team not even resemble a professional soccer team?
4) Is this team not worse than last years team?
5) Has this team taken 2 steps back and actually regressed rather than progresses as the season has gone on?
6) Is the excitment/hype of TFC starting to wear off in this city due to the poor play/quality of this team?

Simple yes/no.

I believe if you answered yes for 2-3 of the above then this yeam is in need of a major overhaul- Players, coaches and management.

For the record I anwered yes to all 6 questions

LucaGol
09-21-2008, 09:17 AM
Well, to somewhat answer 4 and 5 ... I doubt we could score 2 goals against a top team in the league at home like we did last year against New England. (which was at the end of the season)

Im not even so sure we could score 2 goals in any game that we play anymore. I think the last time we did that was a couple months ago.

SilverSamurai
09-21-2008, 09:24 AM
Well, to somewhat answer 4 and 5 ... I doubt we could score 2 goals against a top team in the league at home like we did last year against New England. (which was at the end of the season)

Im not even so sure we could score 2 goals in any game that we play anymore. I think the last time we did that was a couple months ago.
Sounds like the same sickness the CMNT have, but atleast they can blame it on Mitchell refusing to change from the 4-5-1 formation... "oh look another longball...."

LucaGol
09-21-2008, 09:29 AM
Sounds like the same sickness the CMNT have, but atleast they can blame it on Mitchell refusing to change from the 4-5-1 formation... "oh look another longball...."

lol ... ya, 5 minutes into the game and we're already in desperation mode.

I mean, if you play a 4-5-1 one you have to counter attack in numbers.

Canada and TFC alike are too lazy to counter attack with any more than 2 players.

2nd of all, counter attacking requires short bursts of uptempo play. Hot weater in a summer season doesn't allow for this. Hence why all the good teams play a possession game ... with the midfield being the key to the attack. We don't even have 1 player that can hang onto the ball.

I thought that guy was Guevara, but with the lack of effort he shows in our colours ... its pretty much no one.

RPB_Brantford_08
09-21-2008, 10:17 AM
After watching yesterdays poor performance which has become the norm for this team and after winning only one game since early June (almost 4 months), BE HONEST to yourself and answer these simple questions

5) Has this team taken 2 steps back and actually regressed rather than progresses as the season has gone on?

Simple yes/no.

I believe if you answered yes for 2-3 of the above then this yeam is in need of a major overhaul- Players, coaches and management.

For the record I anwered yes to all 5 questions

1) NO the team has been entertain...no dulls games this year
2) NO they play like a second year club is supposed to struggle
3) No the are professional...what a stupid question
4) No we have one more win the last year so were better.
5) No were on the right course, only a complete butthead would have expected playoffs this year.

there you go 5 NO"S

Kickit09
09-21-2008, 10:26 AM
5) No were on the right course, only a complete butthead would have expected playoffs this year.

there you go 5 NO"S

i haven't seen so much bullshit since Mo's speech last year. no dull games? yeah for the other team, nothing like an extra time winner. the first/second year club thing is nothing more than an excuse and a poor one, just look at san jose. and after the terrible season last year, you think 1 more win than last year is actually progress and that we are on the right course, wow. MLSE loves fans like you. they have you eating right out of the palm of their fat hands.

I’d go a step further and say this organization as a whole is complete shit. Right down from the uninspired heartless players to the incompetent management of the team. But what else would you expect from MLSE.

flame on cheerleaders

Bobo
09-21-2008, 10:28 AM

6) Is the excitment/hype of TFC starting to wear off in this city due to the poor play/quality of this team?

Simple yes/no.

Yes to all as well, particularly the first two. Our football is so shit. Incredibly boring as well as terribly ineffective. WE ARE WORSE TACTICALLY THIS YEAR THAN LAST. "In Carver we trust"; speak for yourself, this guy's more clueless than Johnston. I do like Carver, but if he returns, I will not have hope for the 09 season.

pubboy
09-21-2008, 10:37 AM
I honestly believe that Carver is trying to introduce different shapes and styles to teh team, that MLS is not used to (similar to English style of play). The trouble is, even at this lowly level of football, some of the players think they know best and they revert to their own game rather than following the game plan. Some games thsi season (particularly at the start of teh season), we had a much better shape, and were holding the shape much better - using the wings etc. We seem to revert to school boy football more and more now - 11 players runnign afetr the ball, rather than holdign your position and trusting in the rest of the team. We are a long way off from having a team which can challenge. I think we need a true leader on the field, and a strong playmaker. This will show the obviousl gaps where we need to imporve things. I think Carver is trying, but letting the bull shit politics of MLS influence him too much.

Bobo
09-21-2008, 10:52 AM
I honestly believe that Carver is trying to introduce different shapes and styles to teh team, that MLS is not used to (similar to English style of play). The trouble is, even at this lowly level of football, some of the players think they know best and they revert to their own game rather than following the game plan. Some games thsi season (particularly at the start of teh season), we had a much better shape, and were holding the shape much better - using the wings etc. We seem to revert to school boy football more and more now - 11 players runnign afetr the ball, rather than holdign your position and trusting in the rest of the team. We are a long way off from having a team which can challenge. I think we need a true leader on the field, and a strong playmaker. This will show the obviousl gaps where we need to imporve things. I think Carver is trying, but letting the bull shit politics of MLS influence him too much.

What lengths are too much in defending our coach?

We are one-dimensional and teams have adapted. Carver hasn't. Now we are second best every single game, even against crap teams and when our internationals are in the lineup. That points to SERIOUS flaws in our system.

Azerban
09-21-2008, 10:56 AM
*posts loaded questions*

hey guys aren't we terrible

*buys season tickets anyways*

RPB_Brantford_08
09-21-2008, 10:59 AM
i haven't seen so much bullshit since Mo's speech last year. no dull games? yeah for the other team, nothing like an extra time winner. the first/second year club thing is nothing more than an excuse and a poor one, just look at san jose. and after the terrible season last year, you think 1 more win than last year is actually progress and that we are on the right course, wow. MLSE loves fans like you. they have you eating right out of the palm of their fat hands.

I’d go a step further and say this organization as a whole is complete shit. Right down from the uninspired heartless players to the incompetent management of the team. But what else would you expect from MLSE.

flame on cheerleaders

Yes to all as well, particularly the first two. Our football is so shit. Incredibly boring as well as terribly ineffective. WE ARE WORSE TACTICALLY THIS YEAR THAN LAST. "In Carver we trust"; speak for yourself, this guy's more clueless than Johnston. I do like Carver, but if he returns, I will not have hope for the 09 season.

well go follow the Lynx then...Carver will be back,,,but remember his hands are tied having to use usless Canadian like Brennan, so it its harder for TFC to compete in that way. Until they find better quality canadians if there are any , it will be a struggle as well, 2009 should see a .500 season and maybe playoffs,

SilverSamurai
09-21-2008, 11:03 AM
lol ... ya, 5 minutes into the game and we're already in desperation mode.

I mean, if you play a 4-5-1 one you have to counter attack in numbers.

Canada and TFC alike are too lazy to counter attack with any more than 2 players.

2nd of all, counter attacking requires short bursts of uptempo play. Hot weater in a summer season doesn't allow for this. Hence why all the good teams play a possession game ... with the midfield being the key to the attack. We don't even have 1 player that can hang onto the ball.

I thought that guy was Guevara, but with the lack of effort he shows in our colours ... its pretty much no one.
Thing is the CMNT has the talent to actually make it, yet wonder why nothing happens w/ a lone striker... yet Mitchell (is he still in charge?) can't change.
We saw what they can do though w/ more than a single attacker. They don't play the boring longball footy which is why other Canadian squads haven't done much...
Anyways...

wzhxvy
09-21-2008, 11:04 AM
well go follow the Lynx then...Carver will be back,,,but remember hsi hadns are tied having to use usless Canadian like Brennan, so it its harder for TFC to compete in that way. Until they find better quality canadians if there are any , it will be a struggle as well, 2009 should see a .500 season and maybe playoffs,

Brennan is now useless and Carver is the man. Keep talking...

rocktml
09-21-2008, 11:05 AM
YES THIS TEAM CANT PLAY SOCCER!

It was awful to watch yesterday and to tell you the truth the last couple of games have been a disgrace.....we cant seem to get any good long scoring chances meanwhile KC are playing around our goal box and toying with us.

Ruiz is a joke, I dont care if he hasnt had time to jell....playing the way he is playing makes me miss cunningham.....and thats bad

TFC OZZ
09-21-2008, 11:08 AM
I have to admit, I am incredibly disappointed with out team this year. Having said that, I still have faith in Carver and Mo. The reason I say that is because I honestly believe that Carver is trying to make this team better, and with additions like Ricketts, Guevera, Jo.Smith this team SHOULD be winning games; I just can't fathom why we aren't.

RPB_Brantford_08
09-21-2008, 11:10 AM
Brennan is always useless and Carver is the man. Keep talking...

Exactly!!!

TFC USA
09-21-2008, 11:12 AM
well go follow the Lynx then...Carver will be back,,,but remember hsi hadns are tied having to use usless Canadian like Brennan, so it its harder for TFC to compete in that way. Until they find better quality canadians if there are any , it will be a struggle as well, 2009 should see a .500 season and maybe playoffs,

Considering the spelling mistakes and incoherent thoughts...I think he may or may not be a wee bit on the bottle but.....

You're right RPB Brantford, I think we'll win 25 games, Ruiz will score 30 goals, Mo Johnston is a great GM, John Carver has spectacular tactics, we are exciting. Just look at the epic 0-0 draws we've had against Columbus and Kansas City and San Jose.

The Canadians are useless, and I think we should get rid of the useless Canadians like Tyler Rosenlund.

I expect an MLS Cup next year with this great squad, and if not then it's okay because Mo has a 5 year plan and I'll fall back to that BS excuse.

RPB_Brantford_08
09-21-2008, 11:12 AM
I have to admit, I am incredibly disappointed with out team this year. Having said that, I still have faith in Carver and Mo. The reason I say that is because I honestly believe that Carver is trying to make this team better, and with additions like Ricketts, Guevera, Jo.Smith this team SHOULD be winning games; I just can't fathom why we aren't.

most new teams in a league struggle for the first 2-3 seasons just what were doing, to expect anything else is way off base. next season is the one where improvement should happen wher e we we winning mots of our\ home matches and taking point on the road where we can find them.

wzhxvy
09-21-2008, 11:15 AM
Exactly!!!

As I said, disagree. Carver is incompetent and has never coached a team to a professional championship. He and Mo should be sent packing to whichever second division hole they came from.

RPB_Brantford_08
09-21-2008, 11:16 AM
Considering the spelling mistakes and incoherent thoughts...I think he may or may not be a wee bit on the bottle but.....

You're right RPB Brantford, I think we'll win 25 games, Ruiz will score 30 goals, Mo Johnston is a great GM, John Carver has spectacular tactics, we are exciting. Just look at the epic 0-0 draws we've had against Columbus and Kansas City and San Jose.

The Canadians are useless, and I think we should get rid of the useless Canadians like Tyler Rosenlund.

I expect an MLS Cup next year with this great squad, and if not then it's okay because Mo has a 5 year plan and I'll fall back to that BS excuse.

your impressed with Rosenlund :(:( oh well someone has to like him i suppose. sorry but 0-0 games happen and those mentioned were not bad games, you want scoring to a hockey game or basketball. 25 wins??
if we can get to 12-15 wins next season thats more progress.

RPB_Brantford_08
09-21-2008, 11:17 AM
As I said, disagree. Carver is incompetent and has never coached a team to a professional championship. He and Mo should be sent packing to whichever second division hole they came from.

and who would you replace them with....im dying to hear your answer:D:D

kodiakTFC
09-21-2008, 11:19 AM
-yes

-yes

-on some nights

-definitely not

-definitely at one point or another went downhill.

-no. TFC is bigger than ever.

RPB_Brantford_08
09-21-2008, 11:20 AM
-yes

-yes

-on some nights

-definitely not

-definitely at one point or another went downhill.

-no. TFC is bigger than ever.

you expected too much this season///

TFC USA
09-21-2008, 11:23 AM
you expected too much this season///

Do you just ignore the existence of San Jose and the Chicago Fire? It took them 1 fothermuckin year to be successful while TFC is going to be dead last 2 years running.

RPB_Brantford_08
09-21-2008, 11:25 AM
Do you just ignore the existence of San Jose and the Chicago Fire? It took them 1 fothermuckin year to be successful while TFC is going to be dead last 2 years running.

the Fire wins was a fluke as far as new teams winning in their first year,
you don't see that happening in baseball,hockey football now do you, flukes happen every no and then. San jose is struggling to make the playoffs in a poorer division then were in...!!!

TFC USA
09-21-2008, 11:25 AM
Yes.

Yes.

Considering they failed to beat USL sides 3 out of 4 times.....yes.

Statistically (as in our record) we are, but other than that we are worse.

Yes.

6) Is the excitement/hype of TFC starting to wear off in this city due to the poor play/quality of this team?
No.

Oldtimer
09-21-2008, 11:27 AM

Chicago Fire was when the whole league was in expansion, doesn't count.
San Jose is almost totally due to O'Brien and Huckerby -- who should be our players. :(

RPB_Brantford_08
09-21-2008, 11:28 AM
Chicago Fire was when the whole league was in expansion, doesn't count.
San Jose is almost totally due to O'Brien and Huckerby -- who should be our players. :(

Exactly...TFC willbe improved next year...TFC fans are looking for a quick fix, it takes time...

TFC USA
09-21-2008, 11:34 AM
the Fire wins was a fluke as far as new teams winning in their first year,
you don't see that happening in baseball,hockey football now do you, flukes happen every no and then. San jose is struggling to make the playoffs in a poorer division then were in...!!!

Chivas USA in their 2nd year made the playoffs.

Chicago Fire won the MLS Cup and US Open Cup in their first season.

The LA Galaxy from year 1 of the league have been successful until this run of suck the last 2 seasons.

Red Bull New York made the playoffs in year 1 and make the playoffs virtually every year.

FC Dallas made it in their first year.

Houston Dynamo won the MLS Cup in their first year.

The list goes on and on. Do you want to be Real Salt Lake and have a Bulls*** 5 year plan? Or do you want success like more than half of the league's teams have?

RPB_Brantford_08
09-21-2008, 12:03 PM
Chivas USA in their 2nd year made the playoffs.

Chicago Fire won the MLS Cup and US Open Cup in their first season.

The LA Galaxy from year 1 of the league have been successful until this run of suck the last 2 seasons.

Red Bull New York made the playoffs in year 1 and make the playoffs virtually every year.

FC Dallas made it in their first year.

Houston Dynamo won the MLS Cup in their first year.

The list goes on and on. Do you want to be Real Salt Lake and have a Bulls*** 5 year plan? Or do you want success like more than half of the league's teams have?

Chivas has won dick all since....Fire have not won the MLS lately,
Galaxy look at them now!! NYRB...NO MLS cups to their name,
Dallas has not doen anything of note trophy wise...Houston won just because they moved the franchise from SAN Jose, it they had started a new do you think they would have won 2 titles...NO!!

Eastend
09-21-2008, 12:07 PM

Simple yes/no.

1) No, it is entertaining BUT frustrating.
2) 1/2 the team. Pisses me off how lazy some of these guys appear to be.
3) At times yes.
4) No they are not.
5) Yes, it appears so.
6) No, I don't think so. Do I wish they were better, yes, but I still can't get enough.

As you can see, there is no such thing as simple yes/no answers. I think there are atleast 3-4 losses that we should have won but due to lack of concentration we gave up late/bad goals a few times.

I really think we are close....1-2 changes in mid/striker, as in players that don't give up on the ball, and we compete for those 3-4 games that we should win but end up losing.

Dom.

v00d00daddy
09-21-2008, 12:26 PM

Simple yes/no.

1. Yes. It looks like 14 year old rep soccer

2. Yes. (example: About 30 minutes into the game yesterday Sutton was forced to make a good save and the camera panned to Marshall who looked like he was going to cry. He had already given up when the score was 0-0)

3. The only thing professional about TFC is that the players get paid.

4. The results are more disheartening than last year. Does that count?

5. Yes. They've been moving backwards since June.

6. Yes. Why do you think there is so much DP next year talk? They have to keep people interested somehow...and get them to renew seasons tickets.

v00d00daddy
09-21-2008, 12:27 PM

there you go 5 NO"S

You're a funny guy. Not much else to be said.

Beach_Red
09-21-2008, 12:54 PM
Yes. They've been moving backwards since June.

This is the most frustrating, they seemed to have it together for a while there. Something happened. It's unlikely we'll really ever know what it was exactly. Maybe nothing to do with anything we've speculated about.

Oblio2
09-21-2008, 12:57 PM
Yes to all....

v00d00daddy
09-21-2008, 01:00 PM
This is the most frustrating, they seemed to have it together for a while there. Something happened. It's unlikely we'll really ever know what it was exactly. Maybe nothing to do with anything we've speculated about.

You're right. It could be anything. It's just hard to believe that it was so severe that it totally ruined the rest of the season.

RPB_Brantford_08
09-21-2008, 01:08 PM
You're a funny guy. Not much else to be said.

usaually am but on this subject im serious, where at the point where i expect this season to be struggling for a placeoff spot, more wins the last season, that was all that cound be expected in reality...people who were
talking playoffs were smoking grass...next year maybe??

Keegan
09-21-2008, 01:15 PM
Must be something in the water at Brantford. Or Celtic and Liverpool have polluted your brain.

Anyways you seem to be way off base on every topic you come across.

Red Skies At Night
09-21-2008, 01:46 PM
This team is crap. But I've been supporting a football team for over 35 years through the ups and downs so I'm willing to give TFC more time.

But I do question why those who think this team is crap, with crap mgmt and crap owners (and I'm not disputing those points) keep coming back?

If you went to a restaurant and kept getting bad service and overpriced poor food and would you keep going back?

Do yourself a favour guys and move on with your life. Don't let a shitty football team be your thing. Move on and find something else that can actually entertain you.

I'm sure the Ottawa Senators hockey club will win lots of games this season. Considering supporting them in the winter and then the Red Sox in the summer and you'll hardly ever have to go through such grief again.

I feel bad for you guys that TFC is causing you to spew so much anger and vitriol. It's not healthy for any one.

I'm all about your emotional well-being.

Sincerely,
Your friend Red Skies :D

Pachuco
09-21-2008, 01:57 PM
your impressed with Rosenlund :(:( oh well someone has to like him i suppose. sorry but 0-0 games happen and those mentioned were not bad games, you want scoring to a hockey game or basketball. 25 wins??
if we can get to 12-15 wins next season thats more progress.

YOU ARE CLUELESS!

shwade
09-21-2008, 01:58 PM
Must be something in the water at Brantford. Or Celtic and Liverpool have polluted your brain.

Anyways you seem to be way off base on every topic you come across.

He's retarded.

Pachuco
09-21-2008, 01:59 PM

Simple yes/no.

YES X 5 for me. This team is shite.

Stfran168
09-21-2008, 02:01 PM

there you go 5 NO"S

I agree

shwade
09-21-2008, 02:01 PM
1) On most nights yes...at home they're usually entertaining.
2) Yes, very lazy.
3) Again, at home they're really good at times, away they're pathetic.
4) Yes, last year we at least saw progress.
5) Yes.
6) I fear it might start to wear off.

wzhxvy
09-21-2008, 02:17 PM
It is very evident from what we saw last night, that this team has serious issues. If it takes 20K home fans to get you pumped to play well, there is a serious issue with the coaching and talent on the team. Damn right we should expect more !

giambac
09-21-2008, 02:55 PM
1) No, it is entertaining BUT frustrating.
2) 1/2 the team. Pisses me off how lazy some of these guys appear to be.
3) At times yes.
4) No they are not.
5) Yes, it appears so.
6) No, I don't think so. Do I wish they were better, yes, but I still can't get enough.

As you can see, there is no such thing as simple yes/no answers. I think there are atleast 3-4 losses that we should have won but due to lack of concentration we gave up late/bad goals a few times.

I really think we are close....1-2 changes in mid/striker, as in players that don't give up on the ball, and we compete for those 3-4 games that we should win but end up losing.

Dom.

The reason I included this question is becasue of my own personal experiences in the past 2-3 weeks.

I hav e4 St. At the begiining of the season eveyone was asking for tickets from me, buddies, family etc. For the past 2 games at home I personnaly decided not to go down to BMO becasue I was disappointed with the product and I felt I could spend my time better like cleaning the garage. I offered tickets to my brother, my friends and co-workers at no cahrage. That's right at no charge. There where no takers.. Scary but true.:eek:

RPB_Brantford_08
09-21-2008, 03:10 PM
YOU ARE CLUELESS!

No thats you im afraid i was just acurate...clueless are fans who expect a second year club to be playing first class football thats clueless...
fans who expect playoff action from a second year club thats clueless,
fans that expected and demanded TFC beat Montreal for the Canada cup
that was clueless as they have mor experience then us...

RPB_Brantford_08
09-21-2008, 03:12 PM
He's retarded.

no that would be you with that, big comback...wow you have to be a leafs fan as well!!

Beach_Red
09-21-2008, 03:14 PM
I offered tickets to my brother, my friends and co-workers at no cahrage. That's right at no charge. There where no takers.. Scary but true.:eek:

This is important and it's not just about the tickets, it's all the merchandise. there's a store near me that has featured TFC stuff in the window since it first became available but the sales have completely dried up. Jerseys, tee shirts, jackets - everything is being offered at 50% off but there are no takers. If there was a serious playoff run happening that stuff would be flying out of the store at full price. Like most retailers, do you think the owner of that store is going to continue to feature TFC stuff?

MLSE missed a huge opportunity here. TV ratings are probably way down, too and they'll blame soccer's usual failure in this city and say the fans are fickle and not true supporters and claim they were right not to over-invest. There's a hardcore group, like any city, but they could have got the momentum going and pushed this team to second place after the Leafs in Toronto.

Whatever happened back in June was far more serious than we thought at the time.

Playoffs wasn't an unreasonable expectation, come on, eight teams make the playoffs. At least a serious run should have been a given.

Super
09-21-2008, 03:20 PM
I think we can all agree that this season has been a complete bust. Failure on all fronts, really, but the frustrating part of all of this is that on paper at least we should have been able to compete. Now we're dead last, not just in the east, but in total as well. We have 5 games left to salvage some of our honour, but at the end of the day there should be no excuses: this season is a complete failure.

I do hope, however, that some people will not renew. It'll put some pressure on the FO to invest in a DP and real grass. Otherwise we're doomed to repeat this season over and over again.

RPB_Brantford_08
09-21-2008, 03:21 PM
This is important and it's not just about the tickets, it's all the merchandise. there's a store near me that has featured TFC stuff in the window since it first became available but the sales have completely dried up. Jerseys, tee shirts, jackets - everything is being offered at 50% off but there are no takers. If there was a serious playoff run happening that stuff would be flying out of the store at full price. Like most retailers, do you think the owner of that store is going to continue to feature TFC stuff?

MLSE missed a huge opportunity here. TV ratings are probably way down, too and they'll blame soccer's usual failure in this city and say the fans are fickle and not true supporters and claim they were right not to over-invest. There's a hardcore group, like any city, but they could have got the momentum going and pushed this team to second place after the Leafs in Toronto.

Whatever happened back in June was far more serious than we thought at the time.

Playoffs wasn't an unreasonable expectation, come on, eight teams make the playoffs. At least a serious run should have been a given.

so what yout saying is most Toronto sports fans wait for winning teams before getting in buying mechandise, tickets etc...soundslike a bandwagon jumping city, with the leafs and jays , canna be surprised there. but if some of the fans are like that F**K them we don't need themlet the go watch other winning TO teams..(cough Cough) Leafs, Jats, Raptors, Rock or Argos..

giambac
09-21-2008, 03:40 PM
so what yout saying is most Toronto sports fans wait for winning teams before getting in buying mechandise, tickets etc...soundslike a bandwagon jumping city, with the leafs and jays , canna be surprised there. but if some of the fans are like that F**K them we don't need themlet the go watch other winning TO teams..(cough Cough) Leafs, Jats, Raptors, Rock or Argos..

No that's t not he is saying. This is soccer not Hockey. Soccer fans are smarter. They won't continue to support losing, lazy, boring teams like they support the Leafs. And for the past 4 months TFC has been a losing, lazy, boring team

I for one have renewed my seasons for next year. However, the excuses are wearing thin. Excuses like 2nd year (well SJ proved you wrong), excuses about turf, excuses about refs, about weather etc. All teams have the same problems as TFC so stop with the excuses. IF TfC wants excuses they should look directly into the mirrors. The players, the coaches and management. the problem will be staring bthem right in the eyes.

You can say whatever you want about TFC and band wagon jumping.

Let me tell you one thing and you can take this to the bank.

Next year is crtical for this team. If they have a 3rd disappointing season, this team will not survive in this city. It will fade away.

So everyone please stop the talk about the Argo's coming to BMO. Stop the talk about geeting grass at BMO. stop the talk about if ottawa, Montreal or Vancouver get a team. stop the talk about BMO should be Team Canada's National and only stadium.

Worry about only 1 thing. Worry about your team doing something for a change. Worry about your manager bringing in some quality players and a DP he has been promising us for 2 years. Worry about a ncoach who mcan't keep his mout shut and always puts his feet in his mout and plays the most boring brand of football.

cementhead
09-21-2008, 03:43 PM
We are playing terrible football coaching staff seem clues team look to have no direction.Where taking terrible foul and play undiscipline that kill us!Sad part is San Jose may make the playoff with player we could had!

Beach_Red
09-21-2008, 03:43 PM

No, it's not losing, it's how they lose. A hard fought season till the end, everybody putting in a big effort and losing to a better team - that happens. But this team just went through three 'must win' games and the only one they looked any good in was the one where they were missing all their 'top' players.

We all expected an expansion team to have growing pains, ups and downs, we didn't expect any depth or too much consistency, but we can see the difference between a raw team and a disorganized mess. We saw this team win a lot of games and lose or tie some heartbreakers early in the season but then at the end of June we saw them start to give up with ten minutes left and lose or tie a lot of games in the dying minutes. That's not even skill, it's just discipline. Tebily quit and went home, Robert quit and walked around, even Cunningham got worse than he ever was before. Why?

I actually feel bad for Mo because he seems like the only guy in the organization that gives a shit, running around trying to plug the holes, making trades, offering contracts to anybody who'll even consider Toronto.

What people want to see is a team that can sometimes play "above itself," but what we seem to have is a team that can't rise to even its own talent level. Why not?

SteeltownBhoy
09-21-2008, 03:47 PM
I'm sorry

This is not the Premier League or La Liga, this is MLS. A team can make it to the playoffs in year two. This has been clearly demonstrated in this league in the past.

With the right acquisitions, TFC could be in Jan Jose's position right now.

But maybe there is a silver lining. If attendance drops, merchandise sales dry up, and no one wants to watch TFC on the idiot box, the greedy bastards at MLSE might actually have to spend some money on this team.

Unless we turn out to be Maple Leaf fans and decide to take it up the ass year after year, not keeping MLSE accountable.

Time will certainly tell.

RPB_Brantford_08
09-21-2008, 03:48 PM
No that's t not he is saying. This is soccer not Hockey. Soccer fans are smarter. They won't continue to support losing, lazy, boring teams like they support the Leafs. And for the past 4 months TFC has been a losing, lazy, boring team

I for one have renewed my seasons for next year. However, the excuses are wearing thin. Excuses like 2nd year (well SJ proved you wrong), excuses about turf, excuses about refs, about weather etc. All teams have the same problems as TFC so stop with the excuses. IF TfC wants excuses they should look directly into the mirrors. The players, the coaches and management. the problem will be staring bthem right in the eyes.

Next year is crtical for this team. If they have a 3rd disappointing season, this team will not survive in this city. It will fade away.

So everyone please stop the talk about the Argo's coming to BMO. Stop the talk about geeting grass at BMO. stop the talk about if ottawa, Montreal or Vancouver get a team. stop the talk about BMO should be Team Canada's National and only stadium.

Worry about only 1 thing. Worry about your team doing something for a change. Worry about your manager bringing in some quality players and a DP he has been promising us for 2 years. Worry about a ncoach who mcan't keep his mout shut and always puts his feet in his mout and plays the most boring brand of football.

im not all for the DP this topic has been done to death, the team is here
for the long term, certain fans the only want to support just a wiining team can move on. TFC have brought in Guevara, Ricketts,Barrett,
Ruiz all quality players, so your argument goes downhill there...these guys
need time to gell. JC should tell the refe where to go the guy in KC was way off on the penalty call, but thats mls officals.

NateDoGG
we dont score enough goals. thats the problem. we can maybe score 1 goal a game, MAYBE if we are lucky 2, but we almost always let in 1 or 2 goals... we will never win like that.

shwade
no that would be you with that, big comback...wow you have to be a leafs fan as well!!

You'd have to be the Leafs fan accepting mediocrity and excuses year after year.

NateDoGG
09-21-2008, 03:49 PM
OH and the refs are just a massive problem, RIGHT JOHN CARVER?!!?!?!!??!?!?!!?

Kickit09
09-21-2008, 03:54 PM
some of you people are so full of yourselves. you think you are real supporters because you don't criticize the team or because you've been a supporter for 35 years, and that those us who have negative things to say about the team aren’t real supporters. You people are a bunch of cheerleaders is what you are. Fuck the leafs and jays. i support TFC because that’s my home team, not because they are a winning team (which they've never even been yet), but when they play like shit im going to call them out. and I hate MLSE but there’s only 1 Toronto Football Club, and until we get another one they have my support and I’ll renew my seats. if you think that makes me less of a supporter then you, your not a supporter your a cheerleader.

LucaGol
09-21-2008, 04:02 PM
im not all for the DP this topic has been done to death, the team is here
for the long term, certain fans the only want to support just a wiining team can move on. TFC have brought in Guevara, Ricketts,Barrett,
Ruiz all quality players, so your argument goes downhill there...these guys
need time to gell. JC should tell the refe where to go the guy in KC was way off on the penalty call, but thats mls officals.

What gel?

Stop making such inane arguments ... what don't you understand about turnover being so high in this league?

Columbus Crew are first place this season by a mile ...

... lets take a look at their team shall we. (and this is just off the top of my head ... feel free to correct any errors ... although I doubt you'll find many)

Players who joined within this season (2008):
Emmanuel Ekpo
Pat Noonan
Gino Padula
Danny O'Rourke
Brian Carroll
Adam Moffat
Stanley Nyazamba

Players who joined last year (2007):
Guillermo Barros Schelloto
Robbie Rogers
Brad Evans
Eddie Gaven
Alejandro Moreno
Chad Marshall

Players Columbus actually drafted:
Jason Garey
Brad Evans

Hum .. hah .... that seems like an awful lot of players brought in from the last 2 seasons that they never drafted.

So save the bullshit of it takes a long time to build a winner in this league.

This is not f*cking hockey people ... the talent pool of soccer players is humongous compared to North American sports. period.

North American sports timelines don't exist in MLS ... stop making this stupid lame argument that we're only in year two.

If we keep up with these excuses we won't make the playoffs until our 10th year.

We have to demand excellence from these people. Not some lethargical plan to net us multiple draft picks that will turn into Pat Phelan and Julius James every year.

RPB_Brantford_08
09-21-2008, 04:16 PM
What gel?

Stop making such inane arguments ... what don't you understand about turnover being so high in this league?

Columbus Crew are first place this season by a mile ...

... lets take a look at their team shall we. (and this is just off the top of my head ... feel free to correct any errors ... although I doubt you'll find many)

Players who joined within this season (2008):
Emmanuel Ekpo
Pat Noonan
Gino Padula
Danny O'Rourke
Brian Carroll
Adam Moffat
Stanley Nyazamba

Players who joined last year (2007):
Guillermo Barros Schelloto
Robbie Rogers
Brad Evans
Eddie Gaven
Alejandro Moreno
Chad Marshall

Players Columbus actually drafted:
Jason Garey
Brad Evans

Hum .. hah .... that seems like an awful lot of players brought in from the last 2 seasons that they never drafted.

So save the bullshit of it takes a long time to build a winner in this league.

This is not f*cking hockey people ... the talent pool of soccer players is humongous compared to North American sports. period.

North American sports timelines don't exist in MLS ... stop making this stupid lame argument that we're only in year two.

If we keep up with these excuses we won't make the playoffs until our 10th year.

We have to demand excellence from these people. Not some lethargical plan to net us multiple draft picks that will turn into Pat Phelan and Julius James every year.

the year two excuse is legit....look how many playturn overs the Leafs,Jays, raptors have had...did it work for them NO!! the talent poor for soccer is also limited due to the MLS Salary cap, its not like you just go out and bid on a player, then you have to use so many canucks,wether the are good enought to play or not and outside of Sutton are;'s are not good enough. And you mentioned Columbus,
if they make the playoffs this year then next year finish dead last, is this what you want for TFC one playoff appearence then out the next year?

Kickit09
09-21-2008, 04:27 PM
the year two excuse is legit....look how many playturn overs the Leafs,Jays, raptors have had...did it work for them NO!! the talent poor for soccer is also limited due to the MLS Salary cap, its not like you just go out and bid on a players...

first of all, stop comparing different sports. Secondly, the salary cap is another excuse. thats what DPs are for. 1 player on LA makes 3 times the salary cap for fucks sake. some teams have 2 DPs, we have none. That’s MLSE cheapness for you. and dont give me excuses about how they tried to go after a bunch but they wont play on turf. there are DPs playing on turf right now, and money does make the world go round, which MLSE has tons of. They could have gotten any DP they wanted if they really wanted them. But we already know what MLSE’s priorities are…. Fuck NY2, WE need another team in this city.

SteeltownBhoy
09-21-2008, 04:33 PM
LucaGol

I COULD NOT AGREE WITH YOU MORE!!!!!!

If your expecting 23 or 24 yr old NCAA college players to be our salvation, your smoking crack. This draft is so far below an NHL, NBA OR NFL draft it's incredible.

In this league find the right players through scouting, you can become an overnight success.

Now I do agree with our outrageous salary cap,it's a difficult job. The Canadian restrictions don't help either.

I will wait to see what Mo manages this winter. In this league 3 yrs is plenty of time to see improvement.

By the way, now that real grass " is not on the radar" (MLSE official) is anybody else anxious to see what MLSE is going to do with the 3 million dollar they have from the transfer fee???

The league won't allow MLSE to put the money in their slimly pockets right?? Scouting and the Academy would be a good start.

shwade
09-21-2008, 05:02 PM
rpb brantford should be banned for stupidity

SteeltownBhoy
09-21-2008, 05:29 PM
rpb brantford should be banned for stupidity

Agreed

Can we vote him off the island?

jloome
09-21-2008, 05:50 PM
Agreed

Can we vote him off the island?

Seems substantially out of his depth already.

The frustrating thing to me is that we don't REALLY know what the relationship between Mo and Carver is, just what they state publicly, which is always going to be positive. How much of a role does Mo really have? Does he really have a hand in picking players (i.e. DIaz Kamebere on loan, Freeman instead of Jo Smith) Can we really believe that the FO turned over purchasing reins to a guy who'd just started coaching in the league and has admitted the learning curve was much steeper than he admitted?

My take is still that this is a combination of bad player purchases, poor tactics, and a general lack of motivation for the players beyond getting immense love from the home fans.

ensco
09-21-2008, 06:13 PM
I think what happened in May and June was the following: we got points that we wouldn't have otherwise because we had some innovative flair on set pieces. The wins against RSL, LA and KC, and the draw against NY come to mind.

Once teams took that away from us....we had zip. We are unable to adjust tactically. We have never found an answer part way through a game. We have never, once, had a poor first half and a strong second half via adjustments made

Even now, look how we scored our one goal in the last two games - on a nifty dead ball play. Is dead-ball situations all we ever do in practice?

This has to be at least partly Carver's fault. I'm not saying he should be fired.

But the problem is plain as day.

pubboy
09-21-2008, 06:14 PM

You couldnt be more wrong in my view. A football supporter (or as you say, soccer supporter) supports their team through thick and thin, highs and lows. I support a team in England who were in the top flight for over 20 years. They then got relegated a few years ago. A lot of my friends here in Canada asked me who i was supporting now - what a stupid fucking question. I support the team i support, whether they are in the Premier league or in the 3rd division. The same is true with TFC. I now support another shite team, but i support them. Yes i get frustrated and angry, but i will still buy my season ticket, and will still go a cheer for them.

Sorry, but this whole part time supported thing pisses me off. If you dont like it and dont support them, dont go. There are plenty of people on the waiting list for season tickets who will support the team.

H Bomb
09-21-2008, 06:18 PM
some of you people are so full of yourselves. you think you are real supporters because you don't criticize the team or because you've been a supporter for 35 years, and that those us who have negative things to say about the team aren’t real supporters. You people are a bunch of cheerleaders is what you are. Fuck the leafs and jays. i support TFC because that’s my home team, not because they are a winning team (which they've never even been yet), but when they play like shit im going to call them out. and I hate MLSE but there’s only 1 Toronto Football Club, and until we get another one they have my support and I’ll renew my seats. if you think that makes me less of a supporter then you, your not a supporter your a cheerleader.

I'm a better supporter than you because your grammer bad.

Lighten up dude, none of these things are important.

People call Giambac a non supporter because there is no evidence of his/her/its support (added to by the recent "the past 2 games at home I personnaly decided not to go down to BMO becasue I was disappointed with the product and I felt I could spend my time better like cleaning the garage." Comments )

Shakes McQueen
09-21-2008, 06:20 PM
You couldnt be more wrong in my view. A football supporter (or as you say, soccer supporter) supports their team through thick and thin, highs and lows. I support a team in England who were in the top flight for over 20 years. They then got relegated a few years ago. A lot of my friends here in Canada asked me who i was supporting now - what a stupid fucking question. I support the team i support, whether they are in the Premier league or in the 3rd division. The same is true with TFC. I now support another shite team, but i support them. Yes i get frustrated and angry, but i will still buy my season ticket, and will still go a cheer for them.

Sorry, but this whole part time supported thing pisses me off. If you dont like it and dont support them, dont go. There are plenty of people on the waiting list for season tickets who will support the team.

Amen, brother.

- Scott

MrHawk
09-21-2008, 06:21 PM
This thread has not been brought to you by F7.

F7 - almost making people seem smarter since 1980.

CoachGT
09-21-2008, 06:23 PM

Words of truth!

Shakes McQueen
09-21-2008, 06:28 PM
Currently they are playing an uninspired brand of football, but it varies a bit from week to week. The recent games versus NE and Columbus, for example, we actually had quite a few great chances, and set-ups.

Basically the same question, asked a different way.

Now you're just getting into blatant trolling territory.

I don't think so, but I will wait until the actual end of the season to judge that. Currently we have more points than all of last season, with a better goal differential.

You're just phrasing your well known opinions of the club, as slanted "questions" at this point. The club has undoubtedly gotten worse over the course of the season - the reason why, could be any number of things.

What indicates this to you? Games continue to sell out. The waiting list for ST's keeps getting longer. While I certainly don't think Toronto FC fans are riding high right now, I see nothing indicating the "hype" wearing off with anyone, other than apparently yourself, and a few others here.

- Scott

Beach_Red
09-21-2008, 06:42 PM
I think what happened in May and June was the following: we got points that we wouldn't have otherwise because we had some innovative flair on set pieces. The wins against RSL, LA and KC, and the draw against NY come to mind.

Once teams took that away from us....we had zip. We are unable to adjust tactically. We have never found an answer part way through a game. We have never, once, had a poor first half and a strong second half via adjustments made

Even now, look how we scored our one goal in the last two games - on a nifty dead ball play. Is dead-ball situations all we ever do in practice?

This has to be at least partly Carver's fault. I'm not saying he should be fired.

But the problem is plain as day.

Well, I'm out of my depth here, too but I gotta say, the biggest difference is that in May and June we didn't give up those late goals - in fact, in many games we didn't give up any goals at all.

In recent set pieces - especially corners - the team often looks unsure of what they're going to do, so yeah, it's different, but I'm not sure it's something other teams "took away" from us.

In three games in a row - up until last night - TFC scored first and then lost. Earlier in the season they were able to hold a lead. What changed?

Shakes McQueen
09-21-2008, 06:56 PM
Well, I'm out of my depth here, too but I gotta say, the biggest difference is that in May and June we didn't give up those late goals - in fact, in many games we didn't give up any goals at all.

In recent set pieces - especially corners - the team often looks unsure of what they're going to do, so yeah, it's different, but I'm not sure it's something other teams "took away" from us.

In three games in a row - up until last night - TFC scored first and then lost. Earlier in the season they were able to hold a lead. What changed?

This is the exact point I've been trying to make. What happened over the course of the season, that caused this slide? Surely Carver didn't just forget how to coach after a while. And the only additions made mid-season, are considered to be some of our best players, for the most part.

- Scott

MrHawk
09-21-2008, 06:57 PM
I think it was just a streak of luck we hit. People mysteriously forgot that this team was nothing at the top of the league. Expectations were not high at the beginning, but then a few wins, of 1-0, 2-1 and we're the best in the league?

MFG1
09-21-2008, 07:01 PM
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
no, because if you dared say yes you would be outcasted in to the neitherworld of the "fairweatherfan, bandwagon jumper"

This football currently is absolutely confusing and unwatchable. God help us

wzhxvy
09-21-2008, 07:03 PM
Currently they are playing an uninspired brand of football, but it varies a bit from week to week. The recent games versus NE and Columbus, for example, we actually had quite a few great chances, and set-ups.

I don't think so, but I will wait until the actual end of the season to judge that. Currently we have more points than all of last season, with a better goal differential.

You're just phrasing your well known opinions of the club, as slanted "questions" at this point. The club has undoubtedly gotten worse over the course of the season - the reason why, could be any number of things.

What indicates this to you? Games continue to sell out. The waiting list for ST's keeps getting longer. While I certainly don't think Toronto FC fans are riding high right now, I see nothing indicating the "hype" wearing off with anyone, other than apparently yourself, and a few others here.

- Scott

From my perspective, I am glad that soccer at this level (you can argue what level I guess) has come to Toronto. TFC is by far the most enjoyable sporting event for me, and I am glad there is a team here in Toronto where I can express my passion for the support...and have others who share that passion. I personally want to see TFC and soccer in general be an amazing success here in Toronto. All that being said, that does not mean I am going to see incompetence and disregard it...nor personality worship people on TFC because of their positions...I will call it as I see it. It also does it mean I will not renew my season tickets because that is a personal decision I make on an annual basis...

giambac
09-21-2008, 07:37 PM

- Scott

Scott,

I think you have to get a life.
Point 3 above - you say I'm getting into trolling area. Read the F..kin comments in this thread.

99.99% of the people agree wit5h me. I posed 6 question sfor debtae. It's not trolling. It's a fact that this team doesn't resemeblwe a [rofessional team. They call themselves professionals becasue they get payed but they sure as hell don't pay like professionals.

Because I criticize the team it's nit trolling. Your views on the team are in the minority.

Point 6 above - the fact that over the past 2 home games I've seen empty seats at the stadium. The fact that I offered my 4 ST for the last 2 games to my friends, families and co-workers at no cahrge and there were no takers. The fact that I see no one rushing to stiores to purcacse TFC mercandise. The fact that the tv ratings for TFC ganmes have staedily declined as the season has gone on. That's a fact. Wake up and smell the coffee.

giambac
09-21-2008, 07:38 PM
we dont score enough goals. thats the problem. we can maybe score 1 goal a game, MAYBE if we are lucky 2, but we almost always let in 1 or 2 goals... we will never win like that.

Our average is 1.02 goals a game. WOW that's exciting soccer.

werewolf
09-21-2008, 07:40 PM
We should play in Serie A!

netsan
09-21-2008, 07:49 PM
Mo Johnson is like Isiah Thomas in the first years of the Toronto Raptors. Both Isaih and Mo were able to bamboozle the owners with their Razzle Dazzle Pedigrees. The dumb ass owners had no Football or Basketball IQ's, so they were hired.....

Fast forward to today...We now have Brian Colangelo as the manager of the Raptors. The Basketball IQ is so much higher.... why did it take so long?

What TFC needs NOW is a Managerial Enema. Mo Johnson has to be sent packing and we need to hire a real Manager with a high Football IQ to come in and build this team.... plus he will need an assistant manager and a proper scouting department.

The present coach is not necessarily the root of the problem...it starts at the head.

Shakes McQueen
09-21-2008, 07:50 PM
It's a fact that this team doesn't resemeblwe a [rofessional team.

If it's apparently a fact, then why pose it as a question in the first place? You're trolling.

Point 6 above - the fact that over the past 2 home games I've seen empty seats at the stadium. The fact that I offered my 4 ST for the last 2 games to my friends, families and co-workers at no cahrge and there were no takers. The fact that I see no one rushing to stiores to purcacse TFC mercandise. The fact that the tv ratings for TFC ganmes have staedily declined as the season has gone on. That's a fact. Wake up and smell the coffee.

So, to sum up this point. The team is on the decline because:
i) You've seen empty seats at the stadium (which I've seen at every match I go to, probably due to scalpers).
ii) You offered your tickets to people, who didn't want them. Handy anecdote.
iii) You haven't seen anyone rushing stores for TFC merchandise. This one puzzles me, because it implies that you sit outside sports merchandise stores, and gauge the amount of traffic for TFC stuff. That, or it's a spurious claim you made up.
iv) Per-game TV ratings, which have declined, though you don't specify what the ratings are, or how much they declined by.

Inevitably some bandwagon jumpers got off as the slide into mediocrity got worse, but that doesn't spell doom for the team. The ticket sales are still there, the TV contract is still there, and when the team inevitably gets better, the glory hunters will be back too. In greater numbers.

"Get a life"? Really?

- Scott

Bluenose13
09-21-2008, 07:52 PM
Scott,

Point 3 above - you say I'm getting into trolling area. Read the F..kin comments in this thread.

99.99% of the people agree wit5h me. I posed 6 question sfor debtae. It's not trolling. It's a fact that this team doesn't resemeblwe a [rofessional team. They call themselves professionals becasue they get payed but they sure as hell don't pay like professionals.

Because I criticize the team it's nit trolling. Your views on the team are in the minority.

Scott,

I would say that your views are shared by the vast majority of posters on this board.

However most now just stay away from bullshit threads like this & post in the members only section.......Why bother trying to change the views of the closed minded.

Shakes McQueen
09-21-2008, 07:53 PM
Scott,

I would say that your views are shared by the vast majority of posters on this board.

However most now just stay away from bullshit threads like this & post in the members only section.......Why bother trying to change the views of the closed minded.

I appreciate the backup, haha. :D

- Scott

netsan
09-21-2008, 07:57 PM

I disagree,,, TFC does not resemble a professional soccer club... that is a true statement in my opinion... Sure they can wear the uniform and play what looks like soccer, but they have no proper foundation or direction....that's not trolling.... That's a valid observation...

I would reserve the use of the word TROLLING for obvious situations.

RPB_Brantford_08
09-21-2008, 08:05 PM
Scott,

your trolling rants get worse each time...TFC tv ratings ..look at the shite newtorsk the cover them CBC,sportsnet, and the score.

CBC is not nor ever has been a soccer network they can piss off and die.
Sportsnet which has been a decent soccer broacaster, they just don't get enough games...the score what a shite netork that is worse the cbc
and you wonder why the ratings have not gone up? CbC miised the Chivas game in toronto cause they chose to show the Lose Jays baseball game.
TFC games are still well attended the fairweather fans have dropped of thats all, and them we don;t need. the fact you offered 4 tickets to family and friends show your your true colors if you were a fan you would have used them yourself.

RPB_Brantford_08
09-21-2008, 08:10 PM
Our average is 1.02 goals a game. WOW that's exciting soccer.

beter then some european countries whe the object of the game from the start is to play for a 0-0 draw, playing more back passes to the keeper then going forward. now which countries would they be: Italy for one,
France for another, etc. You don't need goals for an exciting football match, learn about the game and you will find that out.

netsan
09-21-2008, 08:14 PM
Frankly, I have never heard so much accusations of Trolling until now. Where has this come from?

Let the discussions take place. If you agree or disagree, be a man about it. Don't cry TROLLING all the time.... It's pathetic. It's like crying for your Mommy..

Shakes McQueen
09-21-2008, 08:19 PM
Frankly, I have never heard so much accusations of Trolling until now. Where has this come from?

Let the discussions take place. If you agree or disagree, be a man about it. Don't cry TROLLING all the time.... It's pathetic. It's like crying for your Mommy..

I didn't cry trolling. His first thee questions were basically:

1) Doesn't this team play shitty football?
2) Doesn't this team look shitty most nights?
3) Does this look like a professional soccer team (implying they are the opposite - shit).

He is looking for the responses he got. He is trolling.

- Scott

RPB_Brantford_08
09-21-2008, 08:22 PM
first of all, stop comparing different sports. Secondly, the salary cap is another excuse. thats what DPs are for. 1 player on LA makes 3 times the salary cap for fucks sake. some teams have 2 DPs, we have none. That’s MLSE cheapness for you. and dont give me excuses about how they tried to go after a bunch but they wont play on turf. there are DPs playing on turf right now, and money does make the world go round, which MLSE has tons of. They could have gotten any DP they wanted if they really wanted them. But we already know what MLSE’s priorities are…. Fuck NY2, WE need another team in this city.

you have the Lynx...go support them!! They did go after Huckerby and he wanted to play on grass..fact....O Brien left TFC to play on grass...fact
its easy to spend others people money, MLSE/TFC will take their time
in building a string competeive team insted of a one year wonder like Columbus right now. The DP we don't need, just something the radical fans want, the DP issue should be put to bed once and for all.
MLS is run like the other sports, draft, salary cap issues, etc. and thats how the league should be judged.

netsan
09-21-2008, 08:23 PM
I didn't cry trolling. His first thee questions were basically:

1) Doesn't this team play shitty football?
2) Doesn't this team look shitty most nights?
3) Does this look like a professional soccer team (implying they are the opposite - shit).

He is looking for the responses he got. He is trolling.

- Scott
1) YES
2) YES
3) YES...as in they are shit... and they aren't worthy of being called "professional"

That's my honest take....I'm not the only one. The man is speaking from the heart.

ua-kozak_TFC
09-21-2008, 08:26 PM

there you go 5 NO"S
WOW i am just speachless...

the only reason i can find behind your answer is :
1) You are Mo johnston.
2) You know nothing about soccer.

Shakes McQueen
09-21-2008, 08:27 PM
1) YES
2) YES
3) YES

That's my honest take....I'm not the only one. The man is speaking from the heart.

The fact that you agree with him, doesn't change the fact that he created this thread, specifically to be yet another den of negativity and complaining about the club.

I don't think anyone believes the club is playing well right now. Point me to one person who does.

EDIT: I'm done fighting about this. Threads like these are designed to degenerate into flame-fests. Mission accomplished, Giambac.

- Scott

netsan
09-21-2008, 08:30 PM
The fact that you agree with him, doesn't change the fact that he created this thread, specifically to be yet another den of negativity and complaining about the club.

I don't think anyone believes the club is playing well right now. Point me to one person who does.

- Scott

What do you expect? I would expect DENS OF NEGATIVITY.... Have you ever seen the Buffalo Bills Boards? You have to have a strong stomach buddy to eat that day in and day out.

I don't want to read Rainbow and Sunshine threads when I smell a pile of dung..... We need to vent so that the MLSE management can get the message and start to address these problems... If we say nothing, then it's business as usual... We pay and they do nuthin.

RPB_Brantford_08
09-21-2008, 08:33 PM
WOW i am just speachless...

the only reason i can find behind your answer is :
1) You are Mo johnston.
2) You know nothing about soccer.

I know footie, i know you don''t build a competitive team in just two years, think otherwise would be the thoughts of someone who doesn;'t
understand the game.

ua-kozak_TFC
09-21-2008, 08:35 PM
well go follow the Lynx then...Carver will be back,,,but remember his hands are tied having to use usless Canadian like Brennan, so it its harder for TFC to compete in that way. Until they find better quality canadians if there are any , it will be a struggle as well, 2009 should see a .500 season and maybe playoffs,
dude... ok Mo had a chance to get Seriux when we started. he is a SOLID defender probably top 5 in the MLS and he let it pass by... also the restriction is not as bad as you think... tell me how many canadians do we have in our squad at the moment... 2!!!!! that is not that bad of a restriction.... so yea YOU GOT NO POINT mu friend...
My point is that Mo did a HORRIBLE JOB in picking our squad, the international players suck... the problem is that alot of people on this board have a man crush on these players and to them they seem amazing.

Shakes McQueen
09-21-2008, 08:35 PM
What do you expect? I would expect DENS OF NEGATIVITY.... Have you ever seen the Buffalo Bills Boards? You have to have a strong stomach buddy to eat that day in and day out.

I don't want to read Rainbow and Sunshine threads when I smell a pile of dung..... We need to vent so that the MLSE management can get the message and start to address these problems... If we say nothing, then it's business as usual... We pay and they do nuthin.

Why does it have to be one extreme or the other? I'm not expecting sunchine and rainbows when we lose. But, how about some calm, constructive criticism, instead of threads specifically asking people just how shitty we really are.

- Scott

netsan
09-21-2008, 08:36 PM
EDIT: I'm done fighting about this. Threads like these are designed to degenerate into flame-fests. Mission accomplished, Giambac.

- Scott

Suck it up... don't take it personally, or so seriously... It's just a Forum. It's not like anyone's flaming....

Respect everyone's opinion... This is entertainment after all.

shwade
09-21-2008, 08:37 PM
I know footie, i know you don''t build a competitive team in just two years, think otherwise would be the thoughts of someone who doesn;'t
understand the game.

That argument has been nullified many times because San Jose's shown us it could build a playoff calibre team in less than a year.

netsan
09-21-2008, 08:38 PM
Why does it have to be one extreme or the other? I'm not expecting sunchine and rainbows when we lose. But, how about some calm, constructive criticism, instead of threads specifically asking people just how shitty we really are.

- Scott
Because we lack power...All we can do is complain, hoping that the powers will listen. We are weak, and Management is strong... So we need to yell to be heard.

Shakes McQueen
09-21-2008, 08:42 PM
Suck it up... don't take it personally, or so seriously... It's just a Forum. It's not like anyone's flaming....

Respect everyone's opinion... This is entertainment after all.

No. We are losing good, thoughtful people from this place, because they are tired of being mired in people yelling at eachother, and guffawing about how bad the team is, in every single thread. It has nothing to do with taking it personally.

I don't lose any sleep over what people here say.

- Scott

netsan
09-21-2008, 08:43 PM
dude... ok Mo had a chance to get Seriux when we started. he is a SOLID defender probably top 5 in the MLS and he let it pass by... also the restriction is not as bad as you think... tell me how many canadians do we have in our squad at the moment... 2!!!!! that is not that bad of a restriction.... so yea YOU GOT NO POINT mu friend...
My point is that Mo did a HORRIBLE JOB in picking our squad, the international players suck... the problem is that alot of people on this board have a man crush on these players and to them they seem amazing.
Please remember that the Canadian player rules were relaxed in our second year because Mo complained that Canadians were crap... So he got MLS to make it easier for him.

ua-kozak_TFC
09-21-2008, 08:44 PM
understand the game.
hahaha then San Jose really doesn;t know what they are doing according to your rules. And i will bet you anything that next year Seattle will be in the play offs in their inagural year...

My friend i understand where you are coming from, i know you can;t expect to have a championship team in a year. And i don;t think ANYone one on this board really expects this... if they varely missed the play offs... or even if they were last place but it they showed soem movement on the field, showed soem fire some ideas... but there is nothing there they look clueless, they really look like amateurs you can watch better soccer in Centenial park than at BMO...
But when you finish 2 times in a row last place and you play like shit ( and that is where we are heading... you must be mad in not questioning the management).

twistedchinaman
09-21-2008, 08:45 PM

Simple yes/no.

Yes to 1-5, no comment on 6 as I don't live in Toronto, but I do feel less excited.

netsan
09-21-2008, 08:46 PM
No. We are losing good, thoughtful people from this place, because they are tired of being mired in people yelling at eachother, and guffawing about how bad the team is, in every single thread. It has nothing to do with taking it personally.

I don't lose any sleep over what people here say.

- Scott
The reason that we're losing good, thoughtful people is proably because the team is lousy. What's to discuss?

Where have they gone to? Usector, Big Soccer? I see the same posters here and there.

ua-kozak_TFC
09-21-2008, 08:48 PM
Please remember that the Canadian player rules were relaxed in our second year because Mo complained that Canadians were crap... So he got MLS to make it easier for him.
ok lol... we are talking about this year... he had 4 or 5 month to reinforce the team before the season starts how many players did he bring?

Answer:0 or -1 ( if you count velez)

RPB_Brantford_08
09-21-2008, 08:51 PM

Serioux is not all that good, we don;t miss him for a start. the restriction may not be that bad but it doesn;t help much either, at the end of last season the fans wanted better players, and the brought In guevara, ricketts, Barrett,Harmse, so they did follow the fans wishes.Most people want to give m0 the 5 years the club wanted to build a contender, we owe him that much..

giambac

I disagree,,, TFC does not resemble a professional soccer club... that is a true statement in my opinion... Sure they can wear the uniform and play what looks like soccer, but they have no proper foundation or direction....that's not trolling.... That's a valid observation...

I would reserve the use of the word TROLLING for obvious situations.
Shakes McQueen- do you see the light. People disagree with you.

netsan
ok lol... we are talking about this year... he had 4 or 5 month to reinforce the team before the season starts how many players did he bring?

Answer:0 or -1 ( if you count velez)
Mo started his recruiting during training camp... and so it continued during the season... I rather he signed the players BEFORE camp... I think we are in agreement. Mo botched this season up... It's 3 strikes and your out next year... (Although I wouldn't go so far as next year)...

netsan
09-21-2008, 08:53 PM
I'm closing it down for tonight... It's been good discussing Football in Toronto!

giambac
09-21-2008, 08:53 PM
your trolling rants get worse each time...TFC tv ratings ..look at the shite newtorsk the cover them CBC,sportsnet, and the score.

Sportsnet which has been a decent soccer broacaster, they just don't get enough games...the score what a shite netork that is worse the cbc
and you wonder why the ratings have not gone up? CbC miised the Chivas game in toronto cause they chose to show the Lose Jays baseball game.
TFC games are still well attended the fairweather fans have dropped of thats all, and them we don;t need. the fact you offered 4 tickets to family and friends show your your true colors if you were a fan you would have used them yourself.

Well wake up buddy.

CBC has alweays been here and always will be . Sportnet is also here. It ain't going to change. The only thing that can cahnge is the product on the field. You can bitch and cry about the tv coverage but if the product is crap people won't watch....

RPB_Brantford_08
09-21-2008, 08:57 PM
hahaha then San Jose really doesn;t know what they are doing according to your rules. And i will bet you anything that next year Seattle will be in the play offs in their inagural year...

My friend i understand where you are coming from, i know you can;t expect to have a championship team in a year. And i don;t think ANYone one on this board really expects this... if they varely missed the play offs... or even if they were last place but it they showed soem movement on the field, showed soem fire some ideas... but there is nothing there they look clueless, they really look like amateurs you can watch better soccer in Centenial park than at BMO...
But when you finish 2 times in a row last place and you play like shit ( and that is where we are heading... you must be mad in not questioning the management).

San Jose has not impressed this year,their record is only better then ours since they don't play in the east..Im sure they would be just ahead of us if they were in our division, or below with the hammering the east team would put on them. were 9 pts from a playooff spot with a possible 15 points left, yes it doesnt look good, but if we finish with the worst overall record we will get the second overall draftpick (seattle getting 1). 2009 will see the improvement the fans want, for me a .500 record woould be acceptable.

H Bomb
09-21-2008, 08:59 PM
6 new Questions

Do you love having a top league pro football team in Toronto?
Do you love Jim Brennan?
Isn't gameday fun?
isn't it great that we get to go to a packed stadium and cheer a team in TORONTO?
Isn't Rohan Ricketts a crazy character?
Do you like Chocolate/ice cream/sugary treats?

YES TO EVERY QUESTION!!!!!

now you tell me how ...(sorry I'm messing this up..i need to add more numbers to the words to properly mock Giamy)

No3w i'm a realis5t!!!!!!! This team is AWESOME!!!!!!!7~! Ever6yon32 else is a sheeee4eep.

------------

why do we do this people??
(BTW I'm not talking to anyone who's been called a troll recently...so bugger off)

This is a supporters website...the least we can do is only allow supporters here. Sure not everything he (giamy) says is wrong...but there is no good in any of these threads and they force the people that should be here to leave here for good(we've seen this on a regular basis)

Now I'm getting outta the country for a week or so...could someone please clean this place up while I'm away...an aerosol can of "not tolerating the people that make it negative" would suffice.

Have a good week...and behave yourselves

RPB_Brantford_08
09-21-2008, 09:00 PM
Well wake up buddy.

CBC has alweays been here and always will be . Sportnet is also here. It ain't going to change. The only thing that can cahnge is the product on the field. You can bitch and cry about the tv coverage but if the product is crap people won't watch....

CbC showed no interest in soccer till TFC came around, they are a greedy
talentless corporation that sucks shite. TFC could go undefeated and the ratings wouldn't change thats fact...TFC needs to be on a soccer freindly network, Setanta, GOL..etc.....i like that coment if the product is crap people wont watch....Leafs games!!!!:p

RPB_Brantford_08
09-21-2008, 09:03 PM
6 new Questions

Do you love Jim Brennan?
Isn't gameday fun?
isn't it great that we get to go to a packed stadium and cheer a team in TORONTO?

now you tell me how ...(sorry I'm messing this up..i need to add more numbers to the words to properly mock Giamy)

No3w i'm a realis5t!!!!!!! This team is AWESOME!!!!!!!7~! Ever6yon32 else is a sheeee4eep.

------------

(BTW I'm not talking to anyone who's been called a troll recently...so bugger off)

This is a supporters website...the least we can do is only allow supporters here. Sure not everything he (giamy) says is wrong...but there is no good in any of these threads and they force the people that should be here to leave here for good(we've seen this on a regular basis)

Now I'm getting outta the country for a week or so...could someone please clean this place up while I'm away...an aerosol can of "not tolerating the people that make it negative" would suffice.

1) Yes
2) No he s terrible
3) yes
4) yes
5 & 6) yes

Beach_Red
09-21-2008, 09:07 PM

I hope you're right because that's the easiest thing in the world to fix. I suspect there's more going on. I think TFC will need to work hard to get the salary cap increased because I'm afraid we will always need to pay a premium to get players to come to Canada. What a player (or agent, really) will accept to play in NY or LA or DC or any other American city will probably have to be 10% or 20% more to play in Toronto. With such a tight salary cap that makes a huge difference.

If the problem is just the management's contacts and different management would get different results, great, but I doubt it will be that simple.

Once the team has been around a few more years and is more established, and the whole league gets a higher profile - which is happening - this may change. Right now pretty much every player approached by TFC is also approached by teams in other leagues. If TFC could simply offer more money, it would be a lot better.

Then there's the issue of the players that do come here not performing as well as most people think they can.

fetajr
09-21-2008, 09:10 PM
TFC has been mismanaged and poorly coached for 2 years now.

I believe in long term plans, but in looking at what Johnson has done, there does not seem to be any light at the end of the tunnel.

giambac
09-21-2008, 09:12 PM
understand the game.

RP Bntford,

You were one of the guys on this forum earlier in the season when TFC was on a winning streak. You were jumping up and down predicting we would make the playoffs and even go further. Now that things have change dfor the team you say we shouldn't expect much from a 2nd year team. talk about contradiction.

giambac
09-21-2008, 09:15 PM

- Scott

I'm not expecting sunshine and rainbows either. I'm not expecting the mLS cup.

But for crying out loud I expect more than 1 win in 4 months. When is it considered bad for you. When this team wins 1 game in 5, 6, 7 months or in 1 season? we can't beat anyone anymore with or without our players. What are you waiting for?

ua-kozak_TFC
09-21-2008, 09:16 PM
Serioux is not all that good, we don;t miss him for a start. the restriction may not be that bad but it doesn;t help much either, at the end of last season the fans wanted better players, and the brought In guevara, ricketts, Barrett,Harmse, so they did follow the fans wishes.Most people want to give m0 the 5 years the club wanted to build a contender, we owe him that much..
hahahhaa I am sorry but i feel i am talking with a 10 year old...

harse practically got waived by LA... and he sucks on the firld he can;t pass he runs like a headless chicken on the field.
Guevara he is absent on the field most of the time and he should be our conductor on the field..
barett although he isn;t too bad we got him just out of pure luck... if Mc Bride didn;t come back we wouldn't have himm so it;s not like Mo went out of his way to get a stricker...
Rickets ... most over rated player on the field just because he played in Ne castle at one moment in his career doesn;t make him good...
SO you are trying to proove your point with 2 players that don;t apply and 2 that are shit but at one moment were good. That doens;t make them good NOW, but alright i;ll give you that and lets say he signed 3 "good" players. A squad has 18 players... and also all these players came in Way after the season started.... Does that sound like good managment?

RPB_Brantford_08
09-21-2008, 09:18 PM
TFC has been mismanaged and poorly coached for 2 years now.

I believe in long term plans, but in looking at what Johnson has done, there does not seem to be any light at the end of the tunnel.

there is light, he brought in Carver, Winsper,Guevara,Ricketts, Velez,
Barrett. people want players signed before training camp thats hard when
the european/ south american leagues are winding down. Th were forced to trade O Brien as he didn't want to play on grass, Huckerby the same whinning complaints...Dickov?? So Mos has done well under the circumstance. trust me 2009 will be much better!!;)

pubboy
09-21-2008, 09:19 PM

But for crying out loud I expect more than 1 win in 4 months. When is it considered bad for you. When this team wins 1 game in 5, 6, 7 months or in 1 season? we can't beat anyone anymore with or without our players. What are you waiting for?

Ok - you made your point. Some agree, some dont. I will be there next week, and next season. I suggest if you feel so strongly, dont go again.

Bluenose13
09-21-2008, 09:20 PM
6 new Questions

Do you love Jim Brennan?
Isn't gameday fun?

------------

Have a good week...and behave yourselvesBrilliant :D

RPB_Brantford_08
09-21-2008, 09:22 PM
hahahhaa I am sorry but i feel i am talking with a 10 year old...

harse practically got waived by LA... and he sucks on the firld he can;t pass he runs like a headless chicken on the field.
Guevara he is absent on the field most of the time and he should be our conductor on the field..
barett although he isn;t too bad we got him just out of pure luck... if Mc Bride didn;t come back we wouldn't have himm so it;s not like Mo went out of his way to get a stricker...
Rickets ... most over rated player on the field just because he played in Ne castle at one moment in his career doesn;t make him good...
SO you are trying to proove your point with 2 players that don;t apply and 2 that are shit but at one moment were good. That doens;t make them good NOW, but alright i;ll give you that and lets say he signed 3 "good" players. A squad has 18 players... and also all these players came in Way after the season started.... Does that sound like good managment?

they couldnt come in before the season as they were in other leagues
with other teams at the time!! thats some he just has to deal with.
Mc Bride did come back and Mo got the best deal possible. Guevara is finding out how Cuny felt up frount with not good passes his way!!
RFC has a 5 year plan, year 2 is coming to a close, lets judge management after the 5th shall we..

RPB_Brantford_08
09-21-2008, 09:25 PM

there is an old movie expression...if you don't like the product your free to leave!!;)

ua-kozak_TFC
09-21-2008, 09:26 PM
6 new Questions

Do you love Jim Brennan?
Isn't gameday fun?

------------

that's what you guys don;t understand... this does not sound like a suporters website this sounds more like Mother's website... Where DOn;t you dare say anything bad about my boy or the team he plays in....

Like honestly You guys are no supporters... you are soccer moms if you were real supporters every lose would hurt you because it puts a stain on TFC's jersey...

Beach_Red
09-21-2008, 09:26 PM
... but alright i;ll give you that and lets say he signed 3 "good" players. A squad has 18 players... and also all these players came in Way after the season started.... Does that sound like good managment?

It sounds like it might be hard to get players to Toronto. We have no idea what went on in negotiations, who was contacted, what their demands were. We know a lot of contracts were offered to guys like Huckerby and Dikov (and many more) and they decided to go elsewhere. We have no idea how many more simply said no and TFC moved on.

H Bomb
09-21-2008, 09:28 PM
that's what you guys don;t understand... this does not sound like a suporters website this sounds more like Mother's website... Where DOn;t you dare say anything bad about my boy or the team he plays in....

Like honestly You guys are no supporters... you are soccer moms if you were real supporters every lose would hurt you because it puts a stain on TFC's jersey...

And as we keep telling YOU, it's not about the team being good or bad, you think we're all happy right now? We aren't, losing sucks and things aren't peacy.

But it's about acting like a jackass 24/7 and constantly constantly constantly poking this boards face with a stick.

Axeman
09-21-2008, 09:33 PM
6 new Questions

Do you love Jim Brennan?
Isn't gameday fun?

------------

Love It!:canada:
What a stupid fucking thread!
We should seperate the RPB into supporters and complainers.

ua-kozak_TFC
09-21-2008, 09:33 PM
they couldnt come in before the season as they were in other leagues
with other teams at the time!! thats some he just has to deal with.
Mc Bride did come back and Mo got the best deal possible. Guevara is finding out how Cuny felt up frount with not good passes his way!!
RFC has a 5 year plan, year 2 is coming to a close, lets judge management after the 5th shall we..
hahahah ok Guevara came here while there was still league games going on in honduras meaning... there was no restrction holding him back...
Ricketts got released...

oohh man some of you guys are sooo naive...
I wish you were my boss and I come in and i tell you I ahve an amazing 30 year plan that willl make this company the most proffitable in the world.... you would soo buy it.

giambac
09-21-2008, 09:38 PM
hahahah ok Guevara came here while there was still league games going on in honduras meaning... there was no restrction holding him back...
Ricketts got released...

oohh man some of you guys are sooo naive...
I wish you were my boss and I come in and i tell you I ahve an amazing 30 year plan that willl make this company the most proffitable in the world.... you would soo buy it.

Actually i think some of these cheerleaders would buy a 50year plan from you.:confused:

london_tfc_fan
09-21-2008, 09:38 PM
The level of play in the entire MLS is rather boring sometimes so stop complaining dude!! If you want to bitch stop watching and I could find a hundred other ppl to take ur tickets. And as for all this crap about oo the team won't last, shut up and look at the numbers of this BUSINESS! They are extremely successful and have created a demand for the game, which stems from the atmosphere that the RPB's create! No it's not boring, yes they look like a pro team, more professional than most in NA, sometimes they look uninspired, but so to do other teams! San Jose is an anamoly, like seriously they aint winning MLS for a good while, its not hte MLS of 1998 when the Fire won! the key to winning in this league is to have decent quality americans ala Houston Dynamo, New England Revolution and Columbus Crew and Fire, internationals could care less ie Robert

ua-kozak_TFC
09-21-2008, 09:40 PM
And as we keep telling YOU, it's not about the team being good or bad, you think we're all happy right now? We aren't, losing sucks and things aren't peacy.

But it's about acting like a jackass 24/7 and constantly constantly constantly poking this boards face with a stick.
That;s fine i know where you coming from. i understand people that are bummed out about it and just don;t want to talk about it. I think that is completely fine, but people who say that this team is Good I can;t understand....there wouldn;t be an argument if everybody admitted the truth. And just talked about ways we can improove the team to be positive. But people who think we are on the right lane and that we made progress last year. The only progress we have made is that we have relatively bigger names this year but on the pitch we look JUST as clueless as 12 month ago...

v00d00daddy
09-21-2008, 11:28 PM

We always end up running around in circles with this argument. Here's my take:

Supporter A- goes to all the games, wears the kit/scarf/hat/key chain, chants all game, shows love for the team no matter how badly they play.

Supporter B- goes to all the games, wears the kit/scarf/hat/key chain, chants all game, gets pissed when the team play horribly and is vocal about it.

THEY ARE BOTH SUPPORTERS.

Some people think that people like giambac and luca are bad for the team because they don't stick with the team through "think and thin".

I would say that it's just as bad for the team to cheer them on when they're performing this badly. It sets a bad precedent with the team and the whole organization. The players know that the fans are passionate. They should also know that the passion can be turned against them when they're not performing.

I for one, want more than just a bunch of guys out there running around in red. I want a team, and these guys look nothing like a team. Telling them that they're "red and white and fucking dynomite" is stupid and counterproductive.

v00d00daddy
09-21-2008, 11:38 PM
Scott,

Why are you trying to change people's views. It's a discussion dude.

giambac can be irritating and confrontational but it is what it is.
shakes to me is just as irritating because, in the midst of a TERRIBLE run of play, he can't seem to find anything wrong with the team.

They are polar opposites and you know what....good for them. That's what should happen. People should discuss things. Why does there always have to be somebody with a holier than thou attitude to come in and make as if there is only one way to see things?

Azerban
09-21-2008, 11:39 PM

but mcdonalds already is one of the most profitable companies in the world :noidea:

v00d00daddy
09-21-2008, 11:41 PM

You know what I can gather from the sum of all your posts?

Everything sucks and is shite and can piss off except TFC or anything TFC related.

Everything is on your hit list:

-other sports
-tv stations
-canadian soccer players

everything except TFC.

how objective

v00d00daddy
09-21-2008, 11:45 PM

- Scott

I'm going on a post tangent here. lol

So shakes..what should people start threads about? the team is terrible and has been for 3.5 months. what do you want to talk about? just curious.

Shakes McQueen
09-22-2008, 12:03 AM
shakes to me is just as irritating because, in the midst of a TERRIBLE run of play, he can't seem to find anything wrong with the team.

Oh come off it. Yeah, because I'm not losing my mind about it, calling for everyone's head, and creating repetitive threads about how doomed we are, I'm obviously happy with the team's play the past few months.

The only I thing I have said, is that I don't think this is explicitly Carver's fault, and that I think the blame rests with the guys on the pitch.

A common vein throughout this thread, has been that the people who I'm opposing, tend to respond to me by mischaracterizing my entire point.

I think the team played awful last night. I also don't think multiple threads that do nothing but encourage a flamewar belong here.

How people can defend a mock "questionnaire", that was nothing more than a thinly veiled attempt by Giambac to make another thread saying the team was shit over and over, is beyond me. But of course, if you point out that there is such a thing as contructive criticism, you get called an "unquestioning sheep" of a supporter, who thinks everything is all sunshine and bloody rainbows.

This is why some good RPB's are now refusing to post on their own forum. The inmates are running the asylum.

- Scott

giambac
09-22-2008, 08:56 AM
We always end up running around in circles with this argument. Here's my take:

Supporter A- goes to all the games, wears the kit/scarf/hat/key chain, chants all game, shows love for the team no matter how badly they play.

Supporter B- goes to all the games, wears the kit/scarf/hat/key chain, chants all game, gets pissed when the team play horribly and is vocal about it.

THEY ARE BOTH SUPPORTERS.

Some people think that people like giambac and luca are bad for the team because they don't stick with the team through "think and thin".

I would say that it's just as bad for the team to cheer them on when they're performing this badly. It sets a bad precedent with the team and the whole organization. The players know that the fans are passionate. They should also know that the passion can be turned against them when they're not performing.

I for one, want more than just a bunch of guys out there running around in red. I want a team, and these guys look nothing like a team. Telling them that they're "red and white and fucking dynomite" is stupid and counterproductive.

I definetly fall into the Supporter B category. I cheer for the reds and I want them to succeed. i purchased their tickets and merchandise. I don't expect them to win the MLS cup, that would be naive. I don't even care if they lose all their games. But I do expect the players to play with passion and to compete on a game in game out basis. If people were honest they would say that this team hasn't been doing this. In that case as a paying fan and supporter you should let them know.

I don't want this team to have a Cottage atmoshpere environment like the Leafs where losing and poor play becomes acceptable and the norm. If you don't show your dispaleasure with the team then management will not feel the pressure to make changes.

Don Julio
09-22-2008, 09:13 AM
For the first time since the beginning I feel it's time for a change at the top. What Mo is doing is not working, nor has it ever worked in this league. He spends months trying to sign players, but it only takes weeks for him to lose them once they arrive. He has no mind for building a team with chemistry and no patience to let any develop.

Honestly, the jury is still out on Carver for me, but I don't think we're any further ahead now than we were at this time last year. We would have been relegated to USL-1 at the end of last year if there was such a system in place. How do you think we would have fared there? With our record against USL-1, we may well be near the bottom.

This year San Jose comes into the league and betters us, next year Seattle will do the same. Every year that passes it will get harder to make the playoffs with more and more expansion, and harder to sign good (or Canadian) players.

Change is needed.

Parkdale
09-22-2008, 09:23 AM
I'm all about your emotional well-being.

Sincerely,
Your friend Red Skies :D

well good. I'm glad someone is looking out for us little guys.

Pachuco
09-22-2008, 09:49 AM
you have the Lynx...go support them!! They did go after Huckerby and he wanted to play on grass..fact....O Brien left TFC to play on grass...fact
its easy to spend others people money, MLSE/TFC will take their time
in building a string competeive team insted of a one year wonder like Columbus right now. The DP we don't need, just something the radical fans want, the DP issue should be put to bed once and for all.
MLS is run like the other sports, draft, salary cap issues, etc. and thats how the league should be judged.

Dude, what the hell do you know abourt Columbus next year? NOTHING. YOU HAVE NO IDEA whether they will succeed or not. The ONLY FACT is that Columbus is in first and we are in last.

I swear, your posts make me laugh every time. It's quite pathetic how little you know about MLS. In fact, just about every single one of your posts has been proven wrong.

Pachuco
09-22-2008, 09:55 AM
San Jose has not impressed this year,their record is only better then ours since they don't play in the east..Im sure they would be just ahead of us if they were in our division, or below with the hammering the east team would put on them. were 9 pts from a playooff spot with a possible 15 points left, yes it doesnt look good, but if we finish with the worst overall record we will get the second overall draftpick (seattle getting 1). 2009 will see the improvement the fans want, for me a .500 record woould be acceptable.

Alright now I know that you have 0 brain. I posted last week proof that your argument is wrong. SAN JOSE HAS MORE POINTS AGAINST EAST TEAMS THEN WEST TEAMS. Stop your stupid assumptions and try doing some research before you actually post.

Heathen
09-22-2008, 09:55 AM
This thread's like a Battle of the Trolls, Brantford v giambac

bgnewf
09-22-2008, 10:00 AM
The Toronto Maple Leafs have sucked hind tit for the last 40 years and they have enough of a brand, history, and fan loyalty to have ridden it out fairly successfully in this market. The Raptors did indeed see a drop in attendance and TV viewership during the time when the team was struggling (the Isiah/Babcock era). Only now has it started to return to where it was.

Toronto FC does not have that luxury.

TFC has two seasons under it's belt and we are already seeing cracks in the facade. To me it starts with the atmosphere at the stadium. I can't put my finger on it but it seems to me that we are not as enthusiastic this season as we were last year. I think the mediocrity of the club and the mistakes the management of the club are making are coming home to roost and sucking the life out of the ground. With a shite club the team has sold the atmosphere WE CREATE to casual fans that fill the ground. And if the atmosphere starts to change for the worse and the team still sucks where is the value proposition for people paying to go to the ground???

I hope that for the sake of the club that MLSE realizes that the honeymoon is officially over. It ended for me last Saturday in Kansas City. I saw a club that was poorly coached, poorly led on the pitch, poorly constructed by the GM and frankly disinterested in playing the way we as fans deserve to see.

I only saw two guys play with the heart and passion that we as fans deserve in Kansas City, and guess what Mo, they were the Canadian players!!!!!! That is what hurts most of all. Players not playing with heart and pride and you apparently believe that Canadian players are not the route to go. If the team leaves the pitch losers but have given it everything they got I will still be with them. We have not seen much of that all season.

The honeymoon is over MLSE!!!!!!! Blow it up and start again. And that starts with Anselmi and Mo. They both have got to go.

Beach_Red
09-22-2008, 10:07 AM
To me it starts with the atmosphere at the stadium. I can't put my finger on it but it seems to me that we are not as enthusiastic this season as we were last year.

I think you're right. We should fire a lot of the season ticket holders and bring in new ones from the waiting list.

(well, okay, but come on, this thread is pretty silly, isn't it?)

Phil
09-22-2008, 10:08 AM
This thread is getting off the rails and becoming a flame war for guys. Thanks for the insight bgnewf, I agree with what you said for the most part.

Closing this thread for now, go to PM's for you flame wars.