PDA

View Full Version : G.Dobson - Designs on de Guzman?

denime
09-19-2008, 06:08 AM
Designs on de Guzman?

Being a Geordie, someone from Newcastle that is, John Carver has a weath of information and insight regarding that storied and troubled soccer club. After all he coached there, too.

He's saddened by what appears to be the downfall of his beloved club due to misguided ownership and a meddlesome Board of Directors. Fortunately the current owner has put the club up for sale, and once the dust settles, Carver believes it's only a matter of time before the worshipped Kevin Keegan returns to his managerial throne. Not only is Carver convinced of that, he's also willing to bet BMO Field that Alan Shearer will be next. The ex-Magpie and England striker is the logical successor once the timing is right.

Read more (http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/blogs/2008/09/18/dobson_designated_player_tfc/)

Billy the kid
09-19-2008, 08:16 AM
Isn't De Guzman under contract for this year and next? I can't see how they could afford to buy him. He would definitely be the best Canadian DP candidate though.

arbogast
09-19-2008, 08:20 AM
Isn't De Guzman under contract for this year and next? I can't see how they could afford to buy him. He would definitely be the best Canadian DP candidate though.

Yeah he's still under contract. I figure at 27, he'll play a couple of more seasons, and then be ready to come home for a nice retirement paycheque.

Dirk Diggler
09-19-2008, 12:39 PM
No fuckin way we'll be able to sign him ... none at all.

Sonny Cheeba
09-19-2008, 12:40 PM
yeah i read this yesterday. the most important line is at the bottom.

"season tickets up for renewal"

Chevy
09-19-2008, 01:00 PM
^^Exactly.

Day Before Renewals: "De Guzman is a possibility"

Day After Renewals: "We're looking a Paul Dikov again"

Up The TFC
09-19-2008, 01:13 PM
I posted this in a thread that was just deleted, but a little birdie told me that they're going hard after De Ro.

arsenal
09-19-2008, 01:21 PM
I posted this in a thread that was just deleted, but a little birdie told me that they're going hard after De Ro.

I hope that they are going after DeRo .... just not as our DP.

RedRum
09-19-2008, 01:44 PM
I'd shit myself if JDG were to come here. However with rumors of Real Madrid and Barcelona going after him, MLSE would have to fork over some serious cash.

arsenal
09-19-2008, 01:59 PM
Not that is is definitive .... but found an interview done less than a month ago with JDG discussing contract terms ....

Q: You are finishing contract next June. Will you renew?
A: So far they haven’t said anything, but if there’s a chance to stay at Deportivo, I would prefer it. If not, I do not know what will happen. I want to fulfill my contract. If they offer me more years, we can talk about it.

Q: In other words, your desire is to renew, but you will have to find something else if the club doesn’t offer something concrete.
A: Sure, of course. I want to make a good season and also to seek the possibility of a place in Europe with my last year here. I think it is possible to continue at Depor, but if not, we must look for something else.

Q: And that alternative would always be in Europe?
A: Yes, yes, sure. In Germany or England, but I prefer to stay in Spain.

http://www.enblanquiazul.org/deguzman/news.php

GeorgeB
09-19-2008, 05:02 PM
doubt its DeGuzman.David Edgar is more realistic , considering the Carver Newcastle connection and all.

WATP
09-19-2008, 07:17 PM
doubt its DeGuzman.David Edgar is more realistic , considering the Carver Newcastle connection and all.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease tell me yer havin a laugh....

edmundo
09-20-2008, 09:46 AM
yet another article about nothing