PDA

View Full Version : MLS Primetime: Columbus Crew v. New York Red Bulls

ben_vw
09-18-2008, 06:10 PM
A pretty big game in the east tonight. New York can all but cement their place in the playoffs with a win in Columbus, meanwhile the Crew can extend their lead atop the table.

There is a link to a stream and SBI's running commentary on my blog. Click here (http://www.tfcconnected.com) to check it out.

Enjoy the match.

LucaGol
09-18-2008, 08:19 PM
I think we should be proud of the fact that we've held Columbus to 2 draws and played them pretty tough at home.

I mean ... they are absolutely rampaging the league right now.

GBS wasn't even playing tonight and they were still flying out there.

Rogers, Gaven and Ekpo were running at the Red Bulls all night long.

Theyre looking pretty damn scary.

ben_vw
09-18-2008, 08:47 PM
Ekpo looks like he is going to be a beast. He was very impressive tonight.

LucaGol
09-18-2008, 08:54 PM
Ekpo looks like he is going to be a beast. He was very impressive tonight.

It's really beginning to be an embarassment of riches over there in Columbus.

They've done an excellent job with scouting and bringing in nice pieces to the squad this season.

Ok enough Crew praising ... I hate that piss-stained team. That felt better.

Beach_Red
09-18-2008, 09:28 PM
Ok enough Crew praising ... I hate that piss-stained team. That felt better.

But we can thank them for crushing NY tonight.

What are the chances the Galaxy will beat DC this weekend?

TFC USA
09-18-2008, 09:32 PM
Galaxy are toast sadly.....I think DCU romps them. But we have to do our part now and beat Kansas City and beat a reeling New York team next week

Beach_Red
09-18-2008, 09:35 PM
Galaxy are toast sadly.....I think DCU romps them. But we have to do our part now and beat Kansas City and beat a reeling New York team next week

Hey, that almost sounds hopeful. Who are you and how did you log in with TFC USA's account?;)

Kickit09
09-18-2008, 09:39 PM
Columbus is one of the least financially successful teams in MLS and has one of the smallest fan bases. Yet they can put together a better team than one of the richest teams in MLS with the best fan support.

SLBuu
09-18-2008, 09:58 PM
we're living in the backwords world

troy1982
09-18-2008, 10:24 PM
Columbus is one of the least financially successful teams in MLS and has one of the smallest fan bases. Yet they can put together a better team than one of the richest teams in MLS with the best fan support.

are you talking about the Galaxy or TFC?

BBBulldog
09-20-2008, 02:04 PM

with who, most of our starting eleven are injured :D

I don't think anyone would be able to stand up to us without injuries, unfortunatelly this has been worst season since '96 as far as that :/