PDA

View Full Version : NFL Lines on the Pitch

Hitcho
09-17-2008, 02:58 PM
Just watched the goal of the week clips, and the Arnaud and Ralston clips are shocking examples of what should never, ever be allowed to happen to any football pitch anywhere, under any circumstances. It's impossible to see the football pitch lines because the NFL yardage lines and logos are so think and heavy. No wonder MLS wants to eradicate this! I know to begin with the league was new and stadia were at a premium, but my god - what a disaster!

This isn't an Argo's Out thread, it's an MLS-wide thread. I still cannot see the penalty area markings when I re-watch those clips, or the goal line frankly, so how the hell can anyone be expected to play a PROFESSIONAL league match on there and how can the officials see anything? MLS will never be taken seriously around the world while that kind of thing is going on, and NER are one of the bigger teams in the league too.

Nightmare.

Sonny Cheeba
09-17-2008, 03:03 PM
did this really require a new thread? i agree with you, but we talked about this quite heavily after the redbulls game in august.

NER don't even have a sponsor, they'll need one of those some time if they want to get out of Gillette stadium.

Hitcho
09-17-2008, 03:34 PM
I missed the post red bulls (are shite) threads on this. I guess it didn't need posting, but it just made me feel sick to see it man. You see that, and then you think plastic or not, the BMO pitch and stadium is a rare, beautiful sight to behold afterwards. It's even stopped me bitching about getting grass laid down for a few hours!