PDA

View Full Version : My view from 112

Roogsy
09-14-2008, 10:32 PM
I will stay away from the "throwing beer" subject which is already being covered.

I have only had the chance to join in 112 a couple of times this year thanks to Flushie...and I am loving it.

However, (and I do believe I mentioned this the last time I was in 112), there is a definite letdown in observing certain sections of 112, (and the neighbouring 111 and 113 sections as well).

The front of 111 through 113 is totally into the chanting and jumping. But once you get past the first third or half...the top half to 2/3 are doing their best imitation of the TFC backline and "ballwatching" everything around them.

Listen...I am in 112, singing, jumping and drumming. The whole time, I am not missing much of the game, maybe some but I am catching most of it. There is NO excuse for people to be standing flatfooted and not singing. "Watching the game" is simply not good enough unless you are telling me you can't do two things at once.

At one point, when we get things really going around the 60th minute with Forza among other chants, I started drumming while standing on the seats (which ain't easy my friends) and it gave me a good vantage of the sections...I was trying to get the top of 111 and 113 going (not to mention 112) and I swear, people were looking straight at me...I mean direct eye-contact and did nothing but take a sip of their drink.

I swear...I almost threw the malletts at them.

Come on people. We can be the BEST in MLS but so far, there are big gaps of participation in these sections that are stopping this from happening. There is a responsibility with buying your tickets in 112 and if you are not pulling your weight...move. There are lots of people that will exchange their tickets 1 for 1 in other parts of the south stand with you...myself included. Take a sip from your beer cup again when you should be jumping and singing and I will personally walk up to you and pour that beer on your head.

Get with the program.

Bluenose13
09-14-2008, 10:35 PM
Mrs Workie is going to love this thread ;)

Vep
09-14-2008, 10:37 PM
Nice post! I have been in section 112 only twice. Both times i was in a high row. I think 17 or 18. Each time i was chanting...but of course i noticed...some in front of me...were not really even into it. Actually..i even had empty seats around me. So i agree that it would be nice to get full participation. But it's hard to force everyone. Any chance i can get a seat in that section though...i take full advantage!

Bluenose13
09-14-2008, 10:38 PM
There is a 5 or 6 row dead zone in 112 that's needs to be changed.

Mrs. Workie
09-14-2008, 10:39 PM
Hahah, I love how I'm the first person you thought of :D

Roogsy, We've been through this. The top of 112 is a dead zone- it's full of scalper seats, and people who don't want to add to the atmosphere. Don't bother trying- you're not going to get them into it. Concentrate on the bottom, and the bottom of 113 and 111- this is where you're going to get the most unity. There are a few at the top of 112 that will be there with you, but that's it.

Vep
09-14-2008, 10:39 PM
This is one of the games i was at....

Montreal vs Toronto... The girlfriend was taking the video...enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKQ6Q0sx2yc

Mrs. Workie
09-14-2008, 10:41 PM
This is one of the games i was at....

Montreal vs Toronto... The girlfriend was taking the video...enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKQ6Q0sx2yc

And you know why that was? The people who were in 112 that day wanted to be there, and wanted to add to the atmosphere.

Until you get section control, unity will not happen.

Roogsy
09-14-2008, 10:42 PM
Hahah, I love how I'm the first person you thought of :D

Roogsy, We've been through this. The top of 112 is a dead zone- it's full of scalper seats, and people who don't want to add to the atmosphere. Don't bother trying- you're not going to get them into it. Concentrate on the bottom, and the bottom of 113 and 111- this is where you're going to get the most unity. There are a few at the top of 112 that will be there with you, but that's it.

I am hoping that whoever buys these off of scalpers reads these boards. It's a long shot, but I won't stop trying.

I was using the malletts at one point and pointing right at them encouraging them to join in. Screaming at them won't work, people don't respond to that. But I am hoping seeing everyone else join in might.

MrHawk
09-14-2008, 10:43 PM
i've been in 112 2 times.

Once for the Whitecaps games and the Canada game. The Whitecaps game was hard to follow a chant, 3-4 different chants going on at once.

Vep
09-14-2008, 10:44 PM
I agree...maybe that was a game that would have had new faces. So maybe there was more participation than normal.

Roogsy
09-14-2008, 10:45 PM
What I did notice is that the front of 112 hardly tries to turn around and sing to the back of 112 to get them to join in. I am guessing they have been trying all year and simply given up. And who can blame them? Banging your head against a brick wall isn't my idea of fun either.

Vep
09-14-2008, 10:48 PM
So...to any of those viewing this thread...if you're interested in letting go of section 112...(the top of 112). I can take them off your hands and i will CHEER! ;)

I guess it's not that easy of a task though Roogsy. Some people just don't want to join in...you can't simply take away their tickets.... a bad use of those seats...that's the sad part.

Mrs. Workie
09-14-2008, 10:49 PM
I was using the malletts at one point and pointing right at them encouraging them to join in. Screaming at them won't work, people don't respond to that. But I am hoping seeing everyone else join in might.

you're right, it doesn't work, don't waste your time.

What I did notice is that the front of 112 hardly tries to turn around and sing to the back of 112 to get them to join in. I am guessing they have been trying all year and simply given up. And who can blame them? Banging your head against a brick wall isn't my idea of fun either.

This all started because I told them I can't hear what's going on at the bottom- so there have been a few that have made an effort to turn around and pass chants back. With Zach now picking things up- it's not as necessary, but helps when we can't quite pick up what he's saying.

phonzo
09-15-2008, 08:42 AM
It was my first time in 113 and I was towards the upper rows and it does start to get a little dead. Thankfully I had a guy with a drum right beside me beating on it all game (props to him :)).

The only real issue I had up there is at times it was hard to figure out what was being sung a bit lower down (especially when 2 songs started at once :p).

Shaughno
09-15-2008, 08:48 AM
I am hoping that whoever buys these off of scalpers reads these boards. It's a long shot, but I won't stop trying.

Now you understand my frustrations. ;) Still care to say "you should enjoy what you have" ?? :p

I don't know how many times I've been drumming, look up to see 10-15 people looking directly at you without a care in the world about the game. :noidea:

Boris
09-15-2008, 08:55 AM
yes! I make a clear effort when im there which is always now. I turn around and let people know incase its ahrd to tell which sometimes im sure it is hard to see whats going on. Flusha dn i were turned around for minutes on end sometimes and people were staring at us like we were freaks.

Maple Leaf Red
09-15-2008, 09:14 AM
I was in 112 for one of the rares time (actually with a ticket!) and I noticed the same thing. I have to agree with Roogsy. I was at the very front but once in a while when I looked over to see what chant was being organized I'd notice just what a huge swath of 113 was just standing there! Usually it was on a song that RPB started (hate to say it but it's true). Now, part of that is that the Bounce doesn't have the greatest lyrics or the easiest to pick up on.

I don't think the people around me stopped all game so it was a good illustration of what Shaugno's been bringing up so often.

REDPATCHGRL74
09-15-2008, 09:14 AM
I agree with this post, when you are in 112, you should make every effort to know all the chants and be on your feet (not that you have a choice) jumping your asses up and down. When you wake up the next day, you shouldn't be able to move. Thats how hard you worked at the game the day before. If this is not what you want to do, leave your tickets for someone who wants to be there for this reason and go sit somewhere else.

Bluenose13
09-15-2008, 09:20 AM
I was in 112 for one of the rares time (actually with a ticket!) and I noticed the same thing. I have to agree with Roogsy. I was at the very front but once in a while when I looked over to see what chant was being organized I'd notice just what a huge swath of 113 was just standing there! Usually it was on a song that RPB started (hate to say it but it's true). Now, part of that is that the Bounce doesn't have the greatest lyrics or the easiest to pick up on.

I don't think the people around me stopped all game so it was a good illustration of what Shaugno's been bringing up so often.The middle of 113 rarely sings anything & your'e right the Usector guys at the front of 113 are still trying to figure out the bounce but I see them trying & it's just a matter of time before we are all jumping together.

Maple Leaf Red
09-15-2008, 09:29 AM
The middle of 113 rarely sings anything & your'e right the Usector guys at the front of 113 are still trying to figure out the bounce but I see them trying & it's just a matter of time before we are all jumping together.
Yeah, I think that they have trouble with the third line because almost everyone I heard from the RPBs was mumbling that line too!

Maple Leaf Red
09-15-2008, 09:30 AM
Although, I do have to say that the "T-oooooooo, T-oooooo" chant was held really well. It felt like it went on for 10 minutes so it was probably two or three but that's still a great step in terms of holding on to chants

Shaughno
09-15-2008, 09:33 AM
^^ Forza TO. The one people were beyond reluctant to sing last year. :p

Bluenose13
09-15-2008, 09:37 AM
That was because it was rammed down our throats ;)

I_AM_CANADIAN
09-15-2008, 09:38 AM
It's what we call multi-tasking... Some people might be a little more slow-witted than others and somehow can't properly see the action unfolding in front of them while singing, but really, there isn't a decent excuse for standing there like a deadbeat. At least clap your hands or do something to add to the atmosphere.

Maple Leaf Red
09-15-2008, 09:38 AM
Ok, I get that one confused with the one that I know as Forze Brondby (the one with no lyrics).

I never sang it until the pitch invasion last year and we did it then for 10 actual minutes. It's catchy.

Maple Leaf Red
09-15-2008, 09:40 AM
It's what we call multi-tasking... Some people might be a little more slow-witted than others and somehow can't properly see the action unfolding in front of them while singing, but really, there isn't a decent excuse for standing there like a deadbeat. At least clap your hands or do something to add to the atmosphere.
Seriously, if you have a beer, sing, if your throat hurts, clap. It's not rocket science.

Bluenose13
09-15-2008, 09:42 AM
Here are the lyrics

They built the field on Lakeshore for the Reds the Reds
We never stop till we've won the cup we said we said
And when you hear us its plain to see
Toronto's the greatest in history
and the reds are marching on to victory

NANANANANANANANANNAANNANANA
ANANNANANANANANANANANANANAN
ANANNANANANANANANANANANANNA
and the reds are marching on to victory!

Here's the football version and the instrumental version
DUjRQfJ3f74

U8rV4uGlU94&feature=related

I_AM_CANADIAN
09-15-2008, 09:44 AM
Seriously, if you have a beer, sing, if your throat hurts, clap. It's not rocket science.
That's exactly what I'm talking about...

And sometimes, having one or two people singing in those areas where people don't want to join in can help a lot. They see people around them joining in and follow suit...

Maple Leaf Red
09-15-2008, 10:06 AM
That's exactly what I'm talking about...

And sometimes, having one or two people singing in those areas where people don't want to join in can help a lot. They see people around them joining in and follow suit...
Definitely, normally I sit in 221 and while not that many people join in the songs they'll join in the foot stomping or the clapping.

Jack
09-15-2008, 10:12 AM
Well, Shaughno, it took some time, but now people are singing it...you don't have to bitch about it anymore :D

I sent the lyrics to busanbhoy, so hopefully he can spread them around with U-Sector.

There are games where the top of 112 is better than others for sure, though we do have our solid pockets up there and Mel always does great at the top.

I try to make sure I turn around at least a bit for each chant to see if she's got it going.

Reddevil39
09-15-2008, 10:36 AM
I was at the top of 113 it seemed like 113 was always a few seconds off of what 112 was doing. From where I was it was hard to follow the chant sometimes as it felt like we where playing catch up. I noticed a lot of spectators in 112 at the top that were watching the chants and not participating. I seemed like a lot of first timers there just to drink beer. for the second half a lot of them left as soon as the rain came.

Maple Leaf Red
09-15-2008, 11:13 AM
I was at the top of 113 it seemed like 113 was always a few seconds off of what 112 was doing. From where I was it was hard to follow the chant sometimes as it felt like we where playing catch up. I noticed a lot of spectators in 112 at the top that were watching the chants and not participating. I seemed like a lot of first timers there just to drink beer. for the second half a lot of them left as soon as the rain came.
Yeah, even with the capo it seemed tough to catch on the exact pace which is why multiple repetitions are necessary.

TFC_Toon
09-15-2008, 11:26 AM
I had the pleasure of being in 112 for the first time vs Chivas. I know half the lads were in Montreal supporting Canada but enjoyed it thoroughly. I was up in Row 17 and did notice the "pockets" being spoken about. We were lucky enough to have BlackandWhite right next to us with the drum which helped keep the chants going up there.

IMO there is lots of space in 112 for RPB's who want to support the side, getting in is the hard part, this section is by no means RPB supporters only, shame really.

TFC Cityboy
09-15-2008, 11:53 AM
I thought 112 was loud n proud on Saturday. We could hear you easily at the back of 115- we picked up on many of the chants and got them going better than ever in 115.
Gettin' there!!

Roogsy
09-15-2008, 12:04 PM
I thought 112 was loud n proud on Saturday. We could hear you easily at the back of 115- we picked up on many of the chants and got them going better than ever in 115.
Gettin' there!!

I re-watched the game last night and it was very clear on TV. I think it was a very good job. But it can be better!

And Jay...I said appreciate what we have in that we shouldn't give up and we should keep the good things that are happening as the motivation to work on the bad things. I have never ever said that there isn't lots of room for improvement, in fact, I have always been part of the voices that have been begging for it.

What we have is still some of the best in the league, lets not forget or underappreciate that. What I am saying is that I want us to be THE best...

KdotOdot
09-15-2008, 12:06 PM
We own row 17 and we don't shut up. Well 5 seats in row 17 plus 4 "guests" at every game that ensure we have a bit of a voice up there. I can see Flush and I try to bring up as many as I can but fuck me the scum in front of us is useless. the only time we manage tp get something going is when D comes up with a few of his goons and a drum. Then we get shit really going.

Me and the lads do our best up there and the Workies help but fuck me the middle is a real shit hole dead zone.

Shaughno
09-15-2008, 12:23 PM
And Jay...I said appreciate what we have in that we shouldn't give up and we should keep the good things that are happening as the motivation to work on the bad things. I have never ever said that there isn't lots of room for improvement, in fact, I have always been part of the voices that have been begging for it.

No, you and others just repeated shot down our attempts to 'rally the troops' when it came to suggested songs, jumping, methods of support, etc. Anyway, I don't intend to take it off topic, just clarifying my point. ;)

And Jack, my point is not that the song is being sung or not, it's the opposition we were met with at every suggestion as stated above.

Maybe after seeing what can be done if people listen, they will be less reluctanct to bitch and moan when we do bring shit up.:noidea:

Mrs. Workie
09-15-2008, 12:25 PM
There are games where the top of 112 is better than others for sure, though we do have our solid pockets up there and Mel always does great at the top.

I try to make sure I turn around at least a bit for each chant to see if she's got it going.

Of Course I'm great on top! Oh shit, wrong conversation.

(I'm sorry, I know it's off topic, but I could resist).

Like I've said before, having Zach helps a lot- I can pick up on things right away, as opposed to trying to read someone's lips down at the bottom. But at the end of the day, it's not us, and Kdot and the guys we have to worry about. We get it- it's the other people who don't.

Jack
09-15-2008, 12:25 PM
No, you and others just repeated shot down our attempts to 'rally the troops' when it came to suggested songs, jumping, methods of support, etc. Anyway, I don't intend to take it off topic, just clarifying my point. ;)

And Jack, my point is not that the song is being sung or not, it's the opposition we were met with at every suggestion as stated above.

Maybe after seeing what can be done if people listen, they will be less reluctanct to bitch and moan when we do bring shit up.:noidea:
And maybe since it's now working, you can ease up and enjoy what's happening instead of worrying about what happened in the past?

Mrs. Workie
09-15-2008, 12:26 PM
That was because it was rammed down our throats ;)

And now you like it- so perhaps next time we won't be so reluctant?? :D

Shaughno
Nah, I'd rather keep pushing for more thanks.

Jack
Nah, I'd rather keep pushing for more thanks.
Pushing for more is fine. Bitching about what happened before is what I'm talking about here.

Mrs. Workie
09-15-2008, 12:27 PM
Both of you stop bitching, and kiss and make up.

NOW! :D

phonzo
09-15-2008, 12:28 PM
for the second half a lot of them left as soon as the rain came.

Indeed, on the plus side it made it easy for those of us with small bladders to get out and get back quickly :)

Jack
09-15-2008, 12:28 PM
Both of you stop bitching, and kiss and make up.

NOW! :D
Ok...c'mere Jay...:yum:

Bluenose13
09-15-2008, 12:32 PM
And now you like it- so perhaps next time we won't be so reluctant?? :DAre you & Jay reading from the same script :p

Mrs. Workie
Ok...c'mere Jay...:yum:

PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!

Fort York Redcoat
I've had incredible luck all around 110. It's always a mixed bag of newbs to Rpb's but nobody has asked me to sit and there's always somebody around who wanted to join in but didn't know the songs.

TheHollister
09-15-2008, 12:33 PM
PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!
Forget pics! Get the video camera!

Mrs. Workie
09-15-2008, 12:33 PM
Are you & Jay reading from the same script :p

Of course- what, you didn't know he's the one who tells me what to think? I don't form my own opinions, I wait for him to tell me what to say. I thought that was common knowledge...

It's a scary world out there, I need someone to tell me what to do.

Bluenose13
09-15-2008, 12:36 PM
Of course- what, you didn't know he's the one who tells me what to think? I don't form my own opinions, I wait for him to tell me what to say. I thought that was common knowledge...

It's a scary world out there, I need someone to tell me what to do.Well as long as it's out in the open ;)

Mrs. Workie
09-15-2008, 12:38 PM
Depending on your definition of "open", it has been for a while...

TorontoBlades
09-15-2008, 03:14 PM
My view from 111

Pretty dead in 112 after the first 10 rows too....maybe you should look to your backyard too

AL-MO
09-15-2008, 03:16 PM
My view from 111

Pretty dead in 112 after the first 10 rows too....maybe you should look to your backyard too

True.

But I hope you are not trying to compare the two sections....as there is NO COMPARISON WHATSOEVER!

nobodybeatsthewiz
09-15-2008, 03:23 PM
case in point: "new cheerleader" chants coming from 111, alex???

Shaughno
09-15-2008, 03:25 PM
^^ When you have no f'n clue, you're bound to come up with something stupid. ;)

KdotOdot
09-15-2008, 03:29 PM
HAHAHA

Hey shaggy is that Luis "I haven't scored a single goal for United" Anderson in your avatar.

HAHAHAHAHAHAA

Shaughno
09-15-2008, 04:13 PM
Luis? Who the fuck is Luis? :rofl:

GabrielHurl
09-15-2008, 04:21 PM
HAHAHA

Hey shaggy is that Luis "I haven't scored a single goal for United" Anderson in your avatar.

HAHAHAHAHAHAA

No - it's Anderson "I haven't scored a single goal for United" Luis :D

Shaughno
09-15-2008, 04:37 PM
Hey now, watch yourself before I steal yer lucky charms! Ya wee bastid.

Mrs. Workie
09-15-2008, 05:43 PM
112 should turn the right and tell them to fuck right off. If they don't like the capo, fine...DEAL WITH IT! Because its not going anywhere.

I gotta say, I had a BIG PROBLEM with hearing that chant. Those guys obviously don't have a clue, and it was just downright fuckin' ignorant.

But I digress....

flatpicker
09-15-2008, 05:51 PM
hmm... the "anti-capo" chants in 111 must have come from lower down because because I didn't hear it from my seat.

it is true that 111 needs some work...
But I feel so alone at times... *sniff* *sniff*
There is only so much I can do!!!

NateDoGG
09-15-2008, 07:20 PM
if ur gonna watch the game in the south end stand, u better get ready to sing and clap the entire game :)

Bluenose13
09-16-2008, 01:41 PM
if ur gonna watch the game in the south end stand, u better get ready to sing and clap the entire game :)
That should be printed on south end tickets;)

Boris
09-16-2008, 01:48 PM
you know what, to add to that...how ignorant are you where you start picking on a random chant that a couple of people in the whole section did. If I called 112 out on every random bonehead chant that I heard from that section you'd look foolish...

..you'd think we were supporting the fuckin Red Bulls by the look of your note. Did you miss the "All for One" lesson El Bastardo Rojo???

random chant yes...couple people...i think more than a couple did it and the all for one lesson, well ask those couple few who did that chant.

Parkdale
09-16-2008, 01:49 PM
my view from 223.....

There's room for improvement in all section, but we're much better coordinated than we were in the past. We're growing here people. Not every good idea will stick, and not every lame idea will get squashed right away. In time, the cream will rise.

Carts
09-16-2008, 02:06 PM
That should be printed on south end tickets;)

And right below that it should say "...Throw a beer on the field and you'll get kicked in the nuts......and then thrown out of the stadium..." :D

Carts...

Shaughno
09-16-2008, 02:07 PM
my view from 223.....

There's room for improvement in all section, but we're much better coordinated than we were in the past. We're growing here people. Not every good idea will stick, and not every lame idea will get squashed right away. In time, the cream will rise.

Would have been better months ago if people fucking listened!!!!! :noidea:

;)

Parkdale
09-16-2008, 02:17 PM
here we go (again)
here we go (again)
here weee goooo

TorontoBlades
09-16-2008, 02:23 PM
random chant yes...couple people...i think more than a couple did it and the all for one lesson, well ask those couple few who did that chant.

I think you're missing the point here. Whether it's 2,5,or 20 people...it happens, yes even in 112 and you would probably agree to that. But since when is that grounds for slagging a whole section.

For example - a couple of boneheads threw beer from 112 (and 111)...the skipper of the club you support gave those people an earful....is that representative of all of 112...no it's not...same point I'm making here. We all suport TFC here, no need to start getting holier than thou on the rest of the stadium...again that is where I have an issue

Zeke_Jones
09-18-2008, 07:59 PM
I have seasons in 112 and I clap and sing for every chant that I know.

I think people should worry less about chanting and more about watching where they try to come stand, standing on my chair is not the seat you paid for, its the seat I paid for so you can go sit where you are supposed to or somewhere the person you fall on top of applauds you for doing so.

I know alot of people make a big deal about sitting in 112 so when you get a legit ticket then have as much fun as you want, but dont crowd my row when you arent supposed to be there. I have no love for people who come stand in front of me and block my view of the game or try and squeeze me in like a sardine.

Bluenose13
09-18-2008, 08:07 PM
I have seasons in 112 and I clap and sing for every chant that I know.

I think people should worry less about chanting and more about watching where they try to come stand, standing on my chair is not the seat you paid for, its the seat I paid for so you can go sit where you are supposed to or somewhere the person you fall on top of applauds you for doing so.

I know alot of people make a big deal about sitting in 112 so when you get a legit ticket then have as much fun as you want, but dont crowd my row when you arent supposed to be there. I have no love for people who come stand in front of me and block my view of the game or try and squeeze me in like a sardine.With all due respect, thankfully most don't think this way......I have seasons at the bottom of 112/113 & anyone that wants to jump,sing & go crazy for TFC is welcome to stand on my seat, spill a little beer on me & have a blast :D

Hustle
09-18-2008, 08:13 PM
I know alot of people make a big deal about sitting in 112 so when you get a legit ticket then have as much fun as you want, but dont crowd my row when you arent supposed to be there. I have no love for people who come stand in front of me and block my view of the game or try and squeeze me in like a sardine.

I will trade you my ticket in spacious 110 anytime. The whole stadium should be tighter and closer together.

Your in the thick of it....enjoy it. Have you ever sat in 126 and heard the crickets chirping...be happy for what you got and don't worry about being crowded.

Mrs. Workie
09-18-2008, 08:17 PM
It's only because everyone loves you, and want to be closer to you Zeke :D

Blazer
09-18-2008, 08:18 PM
I will stay away from the "throwing beer" subject which is already being covered.

I have only had the chance to join in 112 a couple of times this year thanks to Flushie...and I am loving it.

However, (and I do believe I mentioned this the last time I was in 112), there is a definite letdown in observing certain sections of 112, (and the neighbouring 111 and 113 sections as well).

The front of 111 through 113 is totally into the chanting and jumping. But once you get past the first third or half...the top half to 2/3 are doing their best imitation of the TFC backline and "ballwatching" everything around them.

Listen...I am in 112, singing, jumping and drumming. The whole time, I am not missing much of the game, maybe some but I am catching most of it. There is NO excuse for people to be standing flatfooted and not singing. "Watching the game" is simply not good enough unless you are telling me you can't do two things at once.

At one point, when we get things really going around the 60th minute with Forza among other chants, I started drumming while standing on the seats (which ain't easy my friends) and it gave me a good vantage of the sections...I was trying to get the top of 111 and 113 going (not to mention 112) and I swear, people were looking straight at me...I mean direct eye-contact and did nothing but take a sip of their drink.

I swear...I almost threw the malletts at them.

Come on people. We can be the BEST in MLS but so far, there are big gaps of participation in these sections that are stopping this from happening. There is a responsibility with buying your tickets in 112 and if you are not pulling your weight...move. There are lots of people that will exchange their tickets 1 for 1 in other parts of the south stand with you...myself included. Take a sip from your beer cup again when you should be jumping and singing and I will personally walk up to you and pour that beer on your head.

Get with the program.

You’re preaching to the choir here Roogsy. The people you REALLY want to be reading your plea here don’t visit these boards.

Bluenose13
09-18-2008, 08:29 PM
It's only because everyone loves you, and want to be closer to you Zeke :DZeke you should embrace the love & just think in October when it's cold these people will keep you cozy ;)

Zeke_Jones
09-18-2008, 08:38 PM
I'm sorry I wont be trading my seats anytime soon and believe me I do enjoy the crowd around me I appreciate every game I have been to.

What i dont appreciate is somebody who steps in some kind of shit wiping it on my seat with their shoe when they step on it, so then halftime comes around and i still gotta stand while they can relax???

I dont think that my attitude is wrong, i think watching the back of somebodies head for 90 minutes because they are standing on the seat in front of me is wrong.

Blazer
09-18-2008, 08:38 PM
^ He must be in the upper half of 111. The ones that stand there sipping...might as well sit?!

Blazer
09-18-2008, 08:39 PM
I'm sorry I wont be trading my seats anytime soon and believe me I do enjoy the crowd around me I appreciate every game I have been to.

What i dont appreciate is somebody who steps in some kind of shit wiping it on my seat with their shoe when they step on it, so then halftime comes around and i still gotta stand while they can relax???

I dont think that my attitude is wrong, i think watching the back of somebodies head for 90 minutes because they are standing on the seat in front of me is wrong.

Someone wiped pooh on your seat? Sorry to hear that.

el rojo fanatico
09-18-2008, 08:46 PM
you know what, to add to that...how ignorant are you where you start picking on a random chant that a couple of people in the whole section did. If I called 112 out on every random bonehead chant that I heard from that section you'd look foolish...

..you'd think we were supporting the fuckin Red Bulls by the look of your note. Did you miss the "All for One" lesson El Bastardo Rojo???
Are you trying to take a dig at me??????????????? I havent even chimed in here, WTF!
Well this same old crap, yes 112 is the best section in the ground and its the people here that make it work. If there are any RPB who think they can cut it and help out in 112, there are ways to get in. Prove your passion to one of us and you will be welcome and one of us would get you in.
With 111 it seems that there is not too much desire to get on newer songs and chants. I for one would have more respect to the other supporter sections is they had a burning desire to improve the atmosphere. We who care in 112 have always been quick to get on good stuff from other sections

Zeke_Jones
09-18-2008, 08:51 PM
Hey I chant and clap every game I go to, all I ask for is some common respect.

If I'm not doing these things to you then why you gotta come do them to me??

Blazer
09-18-2008, 08:52 PM
Are you trying to take a dig at me??????????????? I havent even chimed in here, WTF!
Well this same old crap, yes 112 is the best section in the ground and its the people here that make it work. If there are any RPB who think they can cut it and help out in 112, there are ways to get in. Prove your passion to one of us and you will be welcome and one of us would get you in.
With 111 it seems that there is not too much desire to get on newer songs and chants. I for one would have more respect to the other supporter sections is they had a burning desire to improve the atmosphere. We who care in 112 have always been quick to get on good stuff from other sections

Careful with what you are saying rojo. Section 112 is the most ruckus of all sections yes, but it has nothing to do with your passion over anyone else’s in the building. It merely suggests that 112 has the most supporters belonging to any of the supporting sections.

Jack
09-18-2008, 08:52 PM
He was actually referring to AL-MO's user title el rojo fanatico, not to you, dude :D

el rojo fanatico
09-18-2008, 08:58 PM

Wow, why are you so anal about your seat? Fuck I have never used mine but have stood on the ones in front of me for 2 years now! that is how we keep in touch with Flush, Jay and the rest of the bottom of 112. Sadly your thoughts are shared by one too many people in 112. We are a supporters group in a SUPPORTERS section...........fuck

el rojo fanatico
09-18-2008, 09:03 PM
Careful with what you are saying rojo. Section 112 is the most ruckus of all sections yes, but it has nothing to do with your passion over anyone else’s in the building. It merely suggests that 112 has the most supporters belonging to any of the supporting sections.
I think if other sections had people with crazy passion then they would be organizing their sections to get shit together. 127 was just random people who got tight and wanted to make the extra effort and now look at them, it's just a matter of will.

el rojo fanatico
09-18-2008, 09:04 PM
He was actually referring to AL-MO's user title el rojo fanatico, not to you, dude :D
:dupe: well then my bad;)

Super
09-18-2008, 09:07 PM
When the game begins, and even before it begins, it's very clear who wants to push and improve the atmosphere and who couldn't care less. I have no time for those people. I respect and appreciate those who truly want to help to improve the atmosphere, and I always felt that it's the obligation of every single supporters section season ticket holder to truly put in 100% at each game. Imagine if all 3,000 ticket holders would lend their voices to chants? It'd be amazing!

... one of the reasons I'm hoping for the beer ban. It seems people would rather drink than chant the way it is right now, anyway.

Zeke_Jones
09-18-2008, 09:07 PM
I'm not anal about my seat I just don't like being disrespected, standing in front of me when I'm watching something is total bullshit, the venue gives you no excuse to do that.

Why would I let you stand in front of me at a football match and then ask you to move if you stood in front of my television?

Blazer
09-18-2008, 09:08 PM
I think if other sections had people with crazy passion then they would be organizing their sections to get shit together. 127 was just random people who got tight and wanted to make the extra effort and now look at them, it's just a matter of will.

I don’t believe in cults nor do I believe in befriending my section for the purpose of creating “crazy passion”. I stand, I cheer as loud as anyone in the building and I’ve met some great people along the way. I do not make them nor TFC my exclusive pastime.

To each his own.

Super
09-18-2008, 09:08 PM
:dupe: well then my bad;)

Hahaha.. I actually fell in that one as well. I thought WTF? It's not like I see "el" and "fanatico" referring to others on here ;)

Super
09-18-2008, 09:09 PM
I don’t believe in cults nor do I believe in befriending my section for the purpose of creating “crazy passion”. I stand, I cheer as loud as anyone in the building and I’ve met some great people along the way. I do not make them nor TFC my pastime.

To each his own.

Cults? WTF are you on about?

Chevy
09-18-2008, 09:10 PM
Interesting note from the Napoli UEFA game....

The biggest club in south Italy got three successive goals from Luigi Vitale, German Denis and Christian Maggio in the 18th, 20th and 55th minutes, while David Suazo and Luisao tallied in the 16th and 60th for Benfica, a two-time European champion.

Some 60,000 fans attended the game at the San Paolo stadium, excited by the chance to see their team after violence-imposed bans have limited the number of supporters allowed into Serie A games.

The areas behind the goals where Napoli's "ultra" -- or hard-core -- fans sit has been closed for league games until next month after supporters of the club rioted on a train to Rome for the opening game of the season.

No limits were imposed for the UEFA Cup match. Still, a Napoli fan was taken away by police after throwing a bottle onto the field during play after other fans identified him, the ANSA news agency reported.

Wow, what a brilliant idea!!!

Blazer
09-18-2008, 09:13 PM
Cults? WTF are you on about?

Go back and read...

Super
09-18-2008, 09:16 PM
Go back and read...

Yes, you did imply that supporters culture is cultish.

Makes me wonder why you bother posting on this board.

Blazer
09-18-2008, 09:17 PM
You inferred that smurf boy.

Super
09-18-2008, 09:20 PM
You inferred that smurf boy.

Hey, don't you be ragging on the smurfs.

Blazer
09-18-2008, 09:22 PM
La, la, la, la-la, la...

Corcai
09-18-2008, 09:30 PM
Zeke,

I guess you need to say something at the match. Remember we are Canadian, and if you point out your perceived infraction, chances are you will have an apology and maybe a free pint. God knows how we Canadians hate conflict, or being impolite.

Put on a New York accent and you will have a clear view and 10 pints within minutes, us Canadians don't want to upset anyone do we?

el rojo fanatico
09-18-2008, 09:45 PM
I'm not anal about my seat I just don't like being disrespected, standing in front of me when I'm watching something is total bullshit, the venue gives you no excuse to do that.

Why would I let you stand in front of me at a football match and then ask you to move if you stood in front of my television?
Disrespected? I think that is a strech, I hope you see the difference of watching a football match live as to watching it on tv. If we have to sacrafice your comfort to bring the best out of 112 so be it. If Deniz gets in front of me, I look over his sholder. If I get a scarf to the face or a flagpole to the ribs so be it.

Blazer
09-18-2008, 09:54 PM
If the guy wants to sit down that’s his prerogative – hell it’s his right as a ticket owner! Who is ANYONE to tell him otherwise? If BMO can’t become what people want for it to become then they need to re-evaluate the fan base here and see that most of us prefer to sit while taking in sporting events. If BMO wants to have 20,000 crazies then it will happen naturally. If not, it is what it is and we live with it. We are not Europe and should try to be something we’re not – simple as that.

All of this coming from a guy who has never once sat in my seat in 2 years. I don't plan on sitting anytime soon.

el rojo fanatico
09-18-2008, 09:55 PM
I don’t believe in cults nor do I believe in befriending my section for the purpose of creating “crazy passion”. I stand, I cheer as loud as anyone in the building and I’ve met some great people along the way. I do not make them nor TFC my exclusive pastime.

To each his own.
this whole thread is about unifying 112 on the same page. Damn us cultish freaks

Roogsy
09-18-2008, 09:55 PM
OMG...you guys could not have derailed this thread more than you have.

Blazer
09-18-2008, 10:02 PM
this whole thread is about unifying 112 on the same page. Damn us cultish freaks

Not all of them...just some of you...:hump:

Corcai
09-18-2008, 10:03 PM
I think we were close though, Roogsy. Maybe at least 35%?

el rojo fanatico
09-19-2008, 12:00 AM
If the guy wants to sit down that’s his prerogative – hell it’s his right as a ticket owner! Who is ANYONE to tell him otherwise? If BMO can’t become what people want for it to become then they need to re-evaluate the fan base here and see that most of us prefer to sit while taking in sporting events. If BMO wants to have 20,000 crazies then it will happen naturally. If not, it is what it is and we live with it. We are not Europe and should try to be something we’re not – simple as that.

All of this coming from a guy who has never once sat in my seat in 2 years. I don't plan on sitting anytime soon.
The club did sell the south end as a supporters section. Don't you think the people who bought tickets in 112 would expect to be in and try to make atmosphere like other supporters around the world? I don't expect "20,000 crazies" just looking to make my section (112) the craziest in the MLS, then we can take on the world:cool:

Super
09-19-2008, 12:28 AM
And please, let's not forget the reason why this club has become a financial success AND a player in this city: the hardcore supporters. Walking up Bay St., passing by BMO Bank, you'll see two giant posters with the supporters displayed. People talk about TFC everywhere, and with all do respect it's not the players or the results they speak of, it's the atmosphere.

We're not Europe, no, but the game is football, and atmosphere at games are seen everywhere in the world, not just Europe. It's understanding the game, respecting it, and being part of it. If people want to be uninvolved and sit down during the game, fine, they paid for the ticket. But to me they are nothing more than party poopers who lack the passion for the game that I personally grew up with (yes, in Europe) and love!

Super
09-19-2008, 12:34 AM
Not all of them...just some of you...:hump:

You really don't respect football supporters, do you? I bet when you see a tifo go up you shake your head and laugh.

To each their own, like you said. I'm fine with that. I'm sure you have passion about something in your life, and whatever it is, I'll certainly respect it. All I ask is that you do the same, at least when you are on this board -- or this thread, which is about 112. Fair enough?

Blazer
09-19-2008, 08:30 AM
The club did sell the south end as a supporters section. Don't you think the people who bought tickets in 112 would expect to be in and try to make atmosphere like other supporters around the world? I don't expect "20,000 crazies" just looking to make my section (112) the craziest in the MLS, then we can take on the world:cool:

Oh, my error. I didn't know the guy was a 112er.

Blazer
09-19-2008, 08:38 AM
I didn’t know Zeke was a 112er smurf. That’s the only reason I chimed in originally.

"You really don't respect football supporters, do you? I bet when you see a tifo go up you shake your head and laugh."

I spent 6 hours making the Marvell Wynne TIFO that went up on the glass in 111 earlier this season. I haven’t sat in my seat in 2 seasons. I chant with the masses and pour my heart into TFC’s existence when performing on the pitch. I’ve followed the lads to three cities and haven’t missed a broadcast. I respect football supporters because I am a football supporter dude.

KdotOdot
09-19-2008, 09:38 AM
Fans suck.

I_AM_CANADIAN
09-19-2008, 10:06 AM
There's a season ticket relocation happening, if you don't like people standing in front of you then you're welcome to move! 112 is officially a standing section, so if you want to stay there, then you better get used to it. If you like the atmosphere and want to stay there, having someone stand in front of you is the trade-off. That's what makes the atmopshere happen.

Carts
09-19-2008, 10:19 AM
With all due respect, thankfully most don't think this way......I have seasons at the bottom of 112/113 & anyone that wants to jump,sing & go crazy for TFC is welcome to stand on my seat, spill a little beer on me & have a blast :D

Why do I have a feeling you were thinking about me when writing this... :rolleyes:

Carts...

Bluenose13
09-19-2008, 10:42 AM
Why do I have a feeling you were thinking about me when writing this... :rolleyes:

Carts...I was :D

jayeden
09-19-2008, 11:05 AM
The club did sell the south end as a supporters section. Don't you think the people who bought tickets in 112 would expect to be in and try to make atmosphere like other supporters around the world?

people saw it as the cheap seat section

with all due respect , no one could have predicted the popularity of TFC, but FO fucked up large.

the first season, there should have been 0 seasons tickets sold.

then they could have gauged interest...raped us all way worse on pricing of seasons tickets and BEST of all actually had the people who want to support like we do all in one section

people congratulate MLSE and TFC on being merketing gurus becuase of the popularity they have created...

the interest came on its own..if anything all MLSE and TFC made a big marketing/sales fuck up.

Blazer
09-19-2008, 12:00 PM
^ They sure did.

v00d00daddy
09-19-2008, 12:08 PM
Why are you guys turning on one another? It makes no sense.

On top of it all, you guys have chosen to argue about the ONE thing that has worked at BMO all year....the support.

When somebody criticizes the players, some of you guys jump down their throat.

When somebody criticizes John Carver, some of you guys jump down their throat.

When somebody criticizes Mo Johnston, some of you guys jump down their throat.

When somebody criticizes MLSE, some of you guys jump down their throat.

People are not allowed to call out, or boo, or chant at the team but it's okay to call out fellow supporters? You guys are ass backwards sometimes.

I wish I could say that I never thought I'd see the day when TFC supporters would turn on each other but I can't. You can see this shit coming a mile away.

People have gone from trying to be the best supporters in the league to trying to be the best supporters in the stadium. It's actually gone further than that and people from 111 are arguing with people from 112. What a joke.

Get over it guys. Nobody is gonna hand you a "best supporter in the world" medal.

Whatever happened to All for One?

I_AM_CANADIAN
09-19-2008, 12:16 PM
^ I think you missed the point. The whole point of this thread was supposed to be that there are far too many people in these 'supporters sections' who don't do sh*t all game. It's only these past couple pages it's gone way off topic.

v00d00daddy
09-19-2008, 12:22 PM
^ I think you missed the point. The whole point of this thread was supposed to be that there are far too many people in these 'supporters sections' who don't do sh*t all game. It's only these past couple pages it's gone way off topic.

I read the whole thread and yes, that's how it started but there have been lots of jabs taken back and forth.

Even if it is about people in the supporters sections who do nothing all game...so what. Why complain about this now? Has it gotten worse in the last little while or it is as it has always been, and some of you guys are fed up now? I don't get it.

Our team plays like shit for 3.5 months after a great start, pissing away any shot at the playoffs, and subjecting us to some of the worst soccer I've ever seen, and you guys are complaining about people who don't cheer enough?

Get your priorites straight. It just shows that some of you guys are more concerned about how you look and sound then how the team is doing.

ricciboy
09-19-2008, 12:22 PM
Dude I AGREE

I_AM_CANADIAN
09-19-2008, 12:24 PM
Wow... Not only do you not understand the thread, you don't understand the idea of a supporters group.

The idea is to cheer on the team, not to boost your ego. I personally want the deadbeats and scalper season's tickets OUT of the section because I want our players to get a lift out of having such great support. It does make a difference, as you are probably well aware.

And as for the 'all for one' bit, I think this is a good time to shamelessly push my banner design... :D

http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/3889/111copyeo0.jpg (http://http://imageshack.us)[/SIZE]
[size=2]http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/111copyeo0.jpg/1/w1440.png[/URL (http://[URL]http://g.imageshack.us/img73/111copyeo0.jpg/1/)]

Bluenose13
09-19-2008, 12:34 PM
There are 2 people involved in the 111/112 discusion.....Supporters & sections are now turning on each other is a bit of a stretch :rolleyes:

v00d00daddy
09-19-2008, 12:35 PM
Okay, so I don't understand the idea of a supporters group. Fine.

Just don't tell me that some of you guys aren't ALL about your egos.

You hear shit like:

"we make the atmosphere at BMO and that's what everybody talks about. The team isn't very good but at least the atmosphere is the best in the league"

and

"I could hear us loud and clear on the telecast when I watched it for the 17th time off of my PVR"

Some of you guys put Rohan Ricketts to shame when it comes to being attention whores.

As for giving the boys a lift? Right.....you guys have been singing yourselves hoarse for 3 months and what lift did it give the boys? And yet, you insist on not giving them shit. Whatever..it's your choice.

Your banner if very pretty. Unfortunately, writing All for One really big doesn't make it true. Actions speak louder than banners my friend.

v00d00daddy
09-19-2008, 12:40 PM
There are 2 people involved in the 111/112 discusion.....Supporters & sections are now turning on each other is a bit of a stretch :rolleyes:

Maybe so. That doesn't take away from the fact that it's happening. It doesn't take away from the fact that I'm SURE that RPB thinks they're better than USector who thinks they're better than NEE and vice versa.

Some people are taking things too far and it's slowly getting to the point where some TFC supporters are making other TFC supporters feel like they're not worthy and not welcome. It's bullshit.

I agree that it sucks that scalpers have tickets, but don't shit on the people that buy the tickets and come to the games. Would you prefer if the whole stadium was empty other than the southeast and northwest corners?

That's what will happen eventually if the team keeps performing the way they have. If you're angry, direct your anger at the people pissing you off. That should be the team, not the supporters around you.

I_AM_CANADIAN
09-19-2008, 12:41 PM
Hey, what's our record at home?

And why the fuck are you on here if you hate the idea of hardcore supporters so much? We quite simply are the pride of MLS when it comes to the atmosphere at BMO, but the reason people do it isn't to boost their egos. You're pulling that assumption straight out of your ass. The reason we try to create a great atmosphere is to support the players on the pitch. Hence, (*gasp!*) the term supporters. Ask any player if they'd rather play at Gillette Stadium than BMO, see what kind of response you get.

As for All For One, I have never read anything derogatory about any of the other groups, aside from them disliking Are You Red.

Bluenose13
09-19-2008, 12:47 PM
Maybe so. That doesn't take away from the fact that it's happening. It doesn't take away from the fact that I'm SURE that RPB thinks they're better than USector who thinks they're better than NEE and vice versa.

Some people are taking things too far and it's slowly getting to the point where some TFC supporters are making other TFC supporters feel like they're not worthy and not welcome. It's bullshit.

I agree that it sucks that scalpers have tickets, but don't shit on the people that buy the tickets and come to the games. Would you prefer if the whole stadium was empty other than the southeast and northwest corners?

That's what will happen eventually if the team keeps performing the way they have. If you're angry, direct your anger at the people pissing you off. That should be the team, not the supporters around you.
If the people that buy the scalpers tickets in 112 (SUPPORTERS SECTION) come in and act like supporters (singing,jumping & chanting) they are more then welcome. When they come into the supporters section to watch the show, they can go fuck themselves.

Mrs. Workie
09-19-2008, 12:47 PM
If the people that buy the scalpers tickets in 112 (SUPPORTERS SECTION) come in and act like supporters (singing,jumping & chanting) they are more then welcome. When they come into the supporters section to watch the show, they can go fuck themselves.

I love you :D

v00d00daddy
09-19-2008, 12:51 PM
Hey, what's our record at home?

And why the fuck are you on here if you hate the idea of hardcore supporters so much? We quite simply are the pride of MLS when it comes to the atmosphere at BMO, but the reason people do it isn't to boost their egos. You're pulling that assumption straight out of your ass. The reason we try to create a great atmosphere is to support the players on the pitch. Hence, (*gasp!*) the term supporters. Ask any player if they'd rather play at Gillette Stadium than BMO, see what kind of response you get.

As for All For One, I have never read anything derogatory about any of the other groups, aside from them disliking Are You Red.

Who said I hate the idea of "hardcore supporters"? Whatever that means.

I don't care how you support the team as long as you don't shit on how other people support the team. That's it.

I may have mispoken when I said you guys were ALL about egos. That's not true. The main thing is to create a great atmosphere which you've done very well in the southeast corner. That being said, a lot of you guys are very full of yourselves when you talk about it. "We quite simply are the pride of MLS when it come to atmosphere" ????????

Yes you are. Congrats. You don't have to tell people that over and over. That is nothing more than stroking your ego.

You may have never read anything derogatory about any of the other supporters groups but that doesn't mean you guys don't talk shit about people who are not part of any supporters group.

Too bad you don't realize that without them (19000 fans or so) this franchise would not exist. There are 16000 season ticket holders. How many of them are affiliated with the RPB, NEE, and Usector?

Give your head a shake bud. Just because you sing and dance all game, it doesn't give you licence to shit on other people.

Every single person who goes to BMO on game day is important.

^^^^this is what All for One is all about^^^^^^

Zeke_Jones
09-19-2008, 12:53 PM
Disrespected? I think that is a strech, I hope you see the difference of watching a football match live as to watching it on tv. If we have to sacrafice your comfort to bring the best out of 112 so be it. If Deniz gets in front of me, I look over his sholder. If I get a scarf to the face or a flagpole to the ribs so be it.

Sacrifice my own comfort so you can have a good time?? Sorry if i dont believe in that, everybody can stay out of each other way and still be singing clapping and jumping up and down like i do at EVERY match.

SO how about next game i come stand in front of you for the whole match and then say "oh sorry buddy i need to stand in front of you so i can bring the best out of 112"

Super
I spent 6 hours making the Marvell Wynne TIFO that went up on the glass in 111 earlier this season. I haven’t sat in my seat in 2 seasons. I chant with the masses and pour my heart into TFC’s existence when performing on the pitch. I’ve followed the lads to three cities and haven’t missed a broadcast. I respect football supporters because I am a football supporter dude.

Alright, sounds great. You've put in yours then.

v00d00daddy

I don't know why anyone would go into a section and then watch the fans...that's screwy but whatever.

What about the people that buy scalper tickets in 112 and watch the game? Imagine that. They stand there and watch the game. They cheer when they feel like it and watch the game.

Should they go fuck themselves too?

Bluenose13
09-19-2008, 12:55 PM
I love you :DRight back at ya ;)

AL-MO
09-19-2008, 01:00 PM
We don't think we are better than any other group. There used to be some tensions between us and U-Sector, but there are no more. The groups are working quite well together. And as for NEE, alot of RPB's found their way down to 127 anyways, so there is no issue with them.

el rojo fanatico
We can't control which players the club brings in and we can't control who coatches and manages at the club but we can effect the atmosphere in the ground, why is it so bad to discuss our sections performance?
I went to anfield last year lord knows not to see the best club in England but to see the Kop and the supporters who make Anfield a magical place and the best atmosphere in England.
Our club has been around for 2 years now and I welcome any fresh face into 112 as long as they are looking to learn and pitch in to the hard work we do every game to give our lads the best support we can. There is plenty of space in the ground to just enjoy the football match, why should 112 bend over backwards and make tourists welcome and comfortable when they have no respect for what we work hard to bring to every game?

Bluenose13
I don't know why anyone would go into a section and then watch the fans...that's screwy but whatever.

What about the people that buy scalper tickets in 112 and watch the game? Imagine that. They stand there and watch the game. They cheer when they feel like it and watch the game.

Should they go fuck themselves too?Yes they should.....If you are in 112 you have a responsibility to support.....I stand & watch the whole game at the same time I sing & jump and support the team vocally.....Because I chose to be in the SUPPORTERS SECTION !

Zeke_Jones
09-19-2008, 01:01 PM
I'm done with this discussion, I'm a supporter and my voice is lost after every match and ill be dammed if somebody calls me otherwise because my opinion on those who choose to stand in front of me and act like i should accept it to enhance the atmosphere.

Blazer
09-19-2008, 01:02 PM
Voodoo>> You're right to some extent. The boisterous fans do make up the atmosphere at BMO because without us there really wouldn’t be an atmosphere. But this does not make any of us better supporters just because we choose to engage in rocking the house. Unfortunately some supporters feel that it does which is sad.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
09-19-2008, 01:03 PM
I love you :D

Right back at ya ;)

get a foooooookin room:yum:

el rojo fanatico
09-19-2008, 01:03 PM
Sacrifice my own comfort so you can have a good time?? Sorry if i dont believe in that, everybody can stay out of each other way and still be singing clapping and jumping up and down like i do at EVERY match.

SO how about next game i come stand in front of you for the whole match and then say "oh sorry buddy i need to stand in front of you so i can bring the best out of 112"
simple, unless you are 500 lbs. I will watch around you, but you won't be there for long because I will be jumping on the seats in front of us

Roogsy
09-19-2008, 01:05 PM

Should they go fuck themselves too?

They should buy tickets elsewhere. TFC markets these sections as supporters sections and given us the freedom to make tifos wave flags, chant, stand, jump whatever.

When people come into those sections and don't participate, then it's a waste of a spot for someone else who can.

If they want to sit and watch the game, I completely understand. Most of my friends are STH in other parts of the stadium where they just sit, have a beer and enjoy the sport as a spectator. On certain days when I have felt like it, I sit in my midfield seats and just have a drink. Especially when my wife comes along. But most times, I am going nuts in the south stands. Which is what they are there for.

You are acting like these people don't have a choice where to sit so that they can enjoy the game they want. They do. It isn't 111-119 or 127.

Blazer
09-19-2008, 01:06 PM
We don't think we are better than any other group. There used to be some tensions between us and U-Sector, but there are no more. The groups are working quite well together. And as for NEE, alot of RPB's found their way down to 127 anyways, so there is no issue with them.

You cannot simply say “we” when there are so many different personalities within the various supporters groups. In general, RPB have been a glorious group with a lot to be proud of, just like U Sector I would assume?! But, like any group in society, there are some who lay shame to the name because they are different cats.

Roogsy
09-19-2008, 01:08 PM
That's just differences in personality and the fact that the groups are so diverse.

There are people in other groups I don't like, but then again, there are people in THIS group I don't like! LMAO! (And vice versa I am sure...)

It's not about support at that point, it's simply different strokes for different folks. As long as they are singing and chanting during the game, I pay no mind.

But if you are standing there with your arms crossed or drinking your beer and adding nothing to the atmosphere...you're in my bad books.

v00d00daddy
09-19-2008, 01:17 PM
They should buy tickets elsewhere. TFC markets these sections as supporters sections and given us the freedom to make tifos wave flags, chant, stand, jump whatever.

When people come into those sections and don't participate, then it's a waste of a spot for someone else who can.

If they want to sit and watch the game, I completely understand. Most of my friends are STH in other parts of the stadium where they just sit, have a beer and enjoy the sport as a spectator. On certain days when I have felt like it, I sit in my midfield seats and just have a drink. Especially when my wife comes along. But most times, I am going nuts in the south stands. Which is what they are there for.

You are acting like these people don't have a choice where to sit so that they can enjoy the game they want. They do. It isn't 111-119 or 127.

You make perfect sense Roogsy. And I'm glad you replaced, "they can go fuck themselves" with "they should buy tickets elsewhere". Finally a level headed response.

I agree with you. 112 is not for everyone and if you want to sit there you should be prepared to participate. I have no problem with this idea.

My problem is that this is the one thing that RPB's want to bitch about.

I've endured the last 3.5 months on this board, being told that I'm just a "fan" and not a true "supporter" because I criticize the team and organization for their shitty performance. When I politley suggest that we, as fans, use our voices to let the team and FO know that we are not happy, I get shit on and told that I'm a traitor and not loyal.

Now.....after all that, some RPB's start bitching about...OF ALL FUCKING THINGS...other supporters (or fans)?

It's messed up. It's like the only thing that is worth talking about is how good we can make the atmosphere.

Everybody wants to make this like Europe and South America. Fine, in those places, when the team plays like shit, the supporters let them know.

Stop bickering amongst one another for not cheering enough and start venting your anger on the people who deserve to hear it. The team.

AL-MO
09-19-2008, 01:25 PM
You cannot simply say “we” when there are so many different personalities within the various supporters groups. In general, RPB have been a glorious group with a lot to be proud of, just like U Sector I would assume?! But, like any group in society, there are some who lay shame to the name because they are different cats.

Of course there are always people that don't like each other or other groups. Hell there are some people I don't like in this group! But you put that bullshit aside, as we are here to support the team. And I would say confidently the 'collective' opinion of the group has no problem with the other groups. (they really have no reason)

RedRum
09-19-2008, 01:33 PM
As u-sector are making an effort to learn The Bounce, I think we should be learning Horto. It's a great chant, some of you may recall they were doing it in Montreal during the TFC game at the Peel Pub. Like The Bounce, it involves more than 4 words but is likewise not too hard once you sing it a few times:

oohhhhhh, ,
poooor wretched soulllls,
just another scalp for Toronto,
you are lost,
you've no control,
go left or right,
you'll see you have no place to go

And we are here ,
to make you pay,
the boys in red, you'll see, we have no other way!

Our Northmen Strong
The TFC
We know no other way to live than victory...

Group 1: You'll look the fool (Group 2: Echo)

Group 2: lose more than goals (Group 1: Echo)

You'll learn you never should have Fucked with Toronto...
(Toronto)

Group 1: onward (Group 2: Echo)

Group 2: fear free (Group 1: Echo)

Together standing for the cause we'll always be...

(continue with second stanza)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0rMe2Vyb9E

Maple Leaf Red
09-19-2008, 01:35 PM
When somebody criticizes the players, some of you guys jump down their throat.

When somebody criticizes John Carver, some of you guys jump down their throat.

When somebody criticizes Mo Johnston, some of you guys jump down their throat.

When somebody criticizes MLSE, some of you guys jump down their throat.

People are not allowed to call out, or boo, or chant at the team but it's okay to call out fellow supporters? You guys are ass backwards sometimes.

Surely you've been on the board long enough to know why sometimes all of the above happens? There is a lot of constructive criticism that you choose to ignore but when you have people like giambac that have Republican-like talking points that they hammer into every thread then yeah, people will jump down their stupid throats.

Maple Leaf Red
09-19-2008, 01:39 PM
As u-sector are making an effort to learn The Bounce, I think we should be learning Horto. It's a great chant, some of you may recall they were doing it in Montreal during the TFC game at the Peel Pub. Like The Bounce, it involves more than 4 words but is likewise not too hard once you sing it a few times:

Ummm...that's awesome. Is there a better way of writing out the lyrics though so it's a bit clearer on the timing (ie stanza 1, etc)?

AL-MO
09-19-2008, 01:47 PM
Voodoo,

Its an internet messageboard. Just the reality of it. Its NOT an accurate representation of who people are. Most of the stuff on these boards would never be said to another person's face.

v00d00daddy
09-19-2008, 01:52 PM
Voodoo,

Its an internet messageboard. Just the reality of it. Its NOT an accurate representation of who people are. Most of the stuff on these boards would never be said to another person's face.

True enough I guess. I would have no problem saying this stuff to peoples faces and I have. It just seems like people go out of their way to be rude and tough for no good reason. Whatever.

nobodybeatsthewiz
09-19-2008, 01:56 PM
Most of the stuff on these boards would never be said to another person's face.

i'll shiv you in real life for that comment!

AL-MO
09-19-2008, 01:58 PM
i'll shiv you in real life for that comment!

Stupid Lions fan. We should gather you all up, tie weights to your feet, and take you to the middle of Lake Ontario and dump you there!!! :lol:

nobodybeatsthewiz
09-19-2008, 01:59 PM
Stupid Lions fan. We should gather you all up, tie weights to your feet, and take you to the middle of Lake Michigan and dump you there!!! :lol:

fixed

el rojo fanatico
09-19-2008, 02:03 PM

oohhhhhh, ,
poooor wretched soulllls,
just another scalp for Toronto,
you are lost,
you've no control,
go left or right,
you'll see you have no place to go

And we are here ,
to make you pay,
the boys in red, you'll see, we have no other way!

Our Northmen Strong
The TFC
We know no other way to live than victory...

Group 1: You'll look the fool (Group 2: Echo)

Group 2: lose more than goals (Group 1: Echo)

You'll learn you never should have Fucked with Toronto...
(Toronto)

Group 1: onward (Group 2: Echo)

Group 2: fear free (Group 1: Echo)

Together standing for the cause we'll always be...

(continue with second stanza)

Shit man we learned this on the bus last year to the first Colombus game and then it just disapered until I heard it at the Peel in Mtl., if we could get this giong in the stands for real it would be a huge step up in our support. We have a few chants that get loud but have never had a real song that has been sung with any real unity or volume

Niall
09-19-2008, 02:56 PM
I am in 112, with 4 of my close friends.
We cheer as hard as we possibly can. However at times it is difficult as they don't read the boards and there are many new chants to learn. I try to teach them but I'm often too busy to check the boards myself.

I am also a year behind as I bought my seasons last year and traveled for the summer...

We are all avid supporter's of the club and of the beautiful game, just occasionally lack the chant knowledge it can sometimes take.

I could care less how crowded my row is or how large the people are in front of me, I just care that people are having a good time and being loud and mental. I do have a slight problem with some insults hurled towards refs and players regarding sexual tendencies but that's most likely not going to change.

I am making a huge effort recently as my job is going slower and I just moved downtown to read the boards and learn chants and teach them to others with less time than myself.

The columbus game was a great atmosphere and can be stepped up even more..so let's just get fuckin mental on the 27th.

el rojo fanatico
09-19-2008, 03:22 PM
^ Good post Niall, you and your friends are the fresh faces we need more than ever in 112. You understand what is trying to be done in 112.

Bluenose13
09-19-2008, 03:25 PM
I am in 112, with 4 of my close friends.
We cheer as hard as we possibly can. However at times it is difficult as they don't read the boards and there are many new chants to learn. I try to teach them but I'm often too busy to check the boards myself.

I am also a year behind as I bought my seasons last year and traveled for the summer...

We are all avid supporter's of the club and of the beautiful game, just occasionally lack the chant knowledge it can sometimes take.

I could care less how crowded my row is or how large the people are in front of me, I just care that people are having a good time and being loud and mental. I do have a slight problem with some insults hurled towards refs and players regarding sexual tendencies but that's most likely not going to change.

I am making a huge effort recently as my job is going slower and I just moved downtown to read the boards and learn chants and teach them to others with less time than myself.

The columbus game was a great atmosphere and can be stepped up even more..so let's just get fuckin mental on the 27th.Excellent.......Can't ask for more than that......Well done.

I_AM_CANADIAN
09-19-2008, 03:35 PM
Hey, that's ironic... My friend was just telling me that his club (Cambridge United) had just adopted horto majiko as their song. We should give it a go.

I_AM_CANADIAN
09-19-2008, 03:45 PM
*sigh*

voodoo... I'm not saying "screw the other 19,000". Again, you're drawing conclusions out of thin air. This thread is strictly about the supporters sections, and we're saying that if you're going to be there, you should at least make an effort to join in in some way.

People in the main stands are welcome to enjoy the match in any way they like. And God knows I appreciate their presence as well as the presence of any Toronto FC fan, be they affiliated with a supporters club or not. But that's not even what we were talking about. Then you come in flaming like it's going out of style, throwing out the accusation that the sole reason anyone would ever want to sing or make banners is so then they can go home and boast to anyone who listens, "Yeah, I'm the best supporter in MLS!!!"

RedRum
09-19-2008, 04:26 PM
Ummm...that's awesome. Is there a better way of writing out the lyrics though so it's a bit clearer on the timing (ie stanza 1, etc)?

It looks like a u-sec guy has started a thread for this:

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=6099

FluSH
09-19-2008, 04:38 PM
Shit man we learned this on the bus last year to the first Colombus game and then it just disapered until I heard it at the Peel in Mtl., if we could get this giong in the stands for real it would be a huge step up in our support. We have a few chants that get loud but have never had a real song that has been sung with any real unity or volume

OK where you in my bus? I can't remember if I was teaching this for the Columbus or Chicago game last year.

el rojo fanatico
09-19-2008, 04:59 PM
^Yes bro! you tought us on the bus for the first trip

Blazer
09-19-2008, 10:30 PM
OK where you in my bus? I can't remember if I was teaching this for the Columbus or Chicago game last year.

Columbus trip last year.

J .
09-20-2008, 01:21 AM
Ive been all over 112, and 113 and until we control the section we can expect passengers in our sections.