PDA

View Full Version : Who was Guevara yelling at?

shwade
09-14-2008, 02:52 PM
After the penalty was given but before it was taken Guevara was yelling at someone behind the goal, it wasn't the ref but it seemed like either fans or cops or something.
Anyone know?

Axeman
09-14-2008, 03:02 PM
I saw that, and like you I was wondering who the hell was he yelling at?
It looked like the fans maybe? encouraging them to storm the pitch? probably not.
I have no answers but it was weird.

jabbronies
09-14-2008, 03:05 PM
I saw that, and like you I was wondering who the hell was he yelling at?
It looked like the fans maybe? encouraging them to storm the pitch? probably not.
I have no answers but it was weird.

It was an official.

shwade
09-14-2008, 03:54 PM
It was an official.

It didn't seem like there was an official behind the goal, and it looked like he was directing it upwards towards the fans. Maybe they were giving him a hard time for the Honduras stuff.

rocktml
09-14-2008, 04:14 PM
I think he was yelling at the fans to stand up and give hell to the ref for such a bullshit call......

pubboy
09-14-2008, 04:34 PM
It was the linesman. He had just seen the replay of the so called penalty tackle, and was telling the linesman to look up at the replay. he shook his head and basically pointed at the ref, indicating it was his decision.

brad
09-14-2008, 04:56 PM
The ref also saw they replay. I wonder if he realized he screwed up on the call, and that's why he didn't have the penalty retaken on account of Sutton being several feet of his line when it was hit.

Torcida
09-14-2008, 05:21 PM
The ref also saw they replay. I wonder if he realized he screwed up on the call, and that's why he didn't have the penalty retaken on account of Sutton being several feet of his line when it was hit.
Refs rarely call that, GK's cheat all the time. I don't understand it, most refs are pussies unfortunately.

jabbronies
09-14-2008, 05:43 PM
It didn't seem like there was an official behind the goal, and it looked like he was directing it upwards towards the fans. Maybe they were giving him a hard time for the Honduras stuff.

It was an official. He had a flag pointing to the penelty spot.

shwade
09-14-2008, 08:53 PM
It was an official. He had a flag pointing to the penelty spot.

oh ok, seen. I just thought it was weird.