PDA

View Full Version : John Carver postgame conference video

redrocket08
09-14-2008, 08:00 AM
Nice to hear from Robbo and Freeman too...
http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp?catid=2&id=221

Carts
09-14-2008, 08:45 AM
Nice to see Carver have the class to appreciate and mention the strengths and work of our opponent... Pre-game, don't pump their tires... Post game, give credit where's its do, and he does just that...

LOVE THE FACT that Robbo's goal wasn't a trick play... Carver says its "two clever players combining"... That's encouraging - because that's what happens when teams play together for years... Good stuff...!

Carts...

BakaGaijin
09-14-2008, 08:58 AM
Nice to see Carver have the class to appreciate and mention the strengths and work of our opponent... Pre-game, don't pump their tires... Post game, give credit where's its do, and he does just that...

LOVE THE FACT that Robbo's goal wasn't a trick play... Carver says its "two clever players combining"... That's encouraging - because that's what happens when teams play together for years... Good stuff...!

Carts...

That's not what Dunivant said in the press box when he was interviewed. He said it was a play that they worked on in practice.

ua-kozak_TFC
09-14-2008, 11:01 AM
WOW i am just shocked AND very dissapointed with Carver about the post game interview. It is clear that he has given up on the season... and that what i don;t like. He spoek a lot about not being "complacent at the beggining of the season and that what he is just doing....
Are you freaking kidding me that was not a performance of aplay of run and even during the season that wouldn;t be a good performance specially for the fact that we played at home. Anything short of victory at BMO should be dissapointing... I mean don;t get me wrong i think carver is a great guy and a great personallity. but a good leader doesn;t set the limit to the players you let them set the limit how they play buy excusing the game play due to the fact the stats were even specially not AT THE END of the SEASON. And what got me even more mad is that he say that out of 3 games they only won against us once... ARE fucking kiding me? That is LOSER talk...if a coach aspires for something big that is not the wibe you should give to you players. i would fire him just ebcause of saying that. he should be noticing thing such us the fact that in this trillium cup against collombus we have only scored ONCE!!! and not being complacent with the fact that COLUMBUS won ONLY once....he's just become an other sugar coater like MO Jhonston.
good coaches would never set this standard for a team, and that what he's doing. Big teams don;t settle on and are not conformed with only playing "losing once against" the "best" team in the league. And that is the mentallity TFC should adopt if they want to be a BIG team in the MLS. If you think big you'll become big....
i was just expecting carver to butcher the players for not winning and to send thema message that you MUST win this situations and nothing short of a win will do it. and not give a talk, which you would give to a girls' junior highschool team so they don't cry...

jloome
09-14-2008, 01:23 PM
^^ Oh bollocks. He's an honest realist; christ, you want him to lie to you, to his players? Yeah, they're sure to respect and follow that approach.

The man knows what's wrong: we don't have the full squad yet to compete at this level and we don't have any team consistency.

Beach_Red
09-14-2008, 01:40 PM
^^ Oh bollocks. He's an honest realist; christ, you want him to lie to you, to his players? Yeah, they're sure to respect and follow that approach.

The man knows what's wrong: we don't have the full squad yet to compete at this level and we don't have any team consistency.

I think you're right.

I remember when Chuck Knoll led the Pittsburgh Steelers to four Superbowls, people said he lacked emotion and never fired up his team. His response was to say that his players were adults, professionals and they knew what their jobs were. "All that rah rah bullshit lasts until the first time you get knocked on your ass or a bad call gives the other team a touchdown. Then you have to fall back on how good you really are." He said the coach's job was to scout the opposition and properly prepare the team, then let them play.

But people don't usually like that style of coach, people treat professional teams like their high school team or something out of a movie.

SteeltownBhoy
09-14-2008, 03:36 PM

Jesus this could be a Cliff Fletcher / Leafs thread.

OH THE HORROR:eek:

sweetlemon69
09-14-2008, 03:40 PM

Well said. 100% agree.

RPB_Brantford_08
09-14-2008, 03:40 PM
WOW i am just shocked AND very dissapointed with Carver about the post game interview. It is clear that he has given up on the season... and that what i don;t like. He spoek a lot about not being "complacent at the beggining of the season and that what he is just doing....
Are you freaking kidding me that was not a performance of aplay of run and even during the season that wouldn;t be a good performance specially for the fact that we played at home. Anything short of victory at BMO should be dissapointing... I mean don;t get me wrong i think carver is a great guy and a great personallity. but a good leader doesn;t set the limit to the players you let them set the limit how they play buy excusing the game play due to the fact the stats were even specially not AT THE END of the SEASON. And what got me even more mad is that he say that out of 3 games they only won against us once... ARE fucking kiding me? That is LOSER talk...if a coach aspires for something big that is not the wibe you should give to you players. i would fire him just ebcause of saying that. he should be noticing thing such us the fact that in this trillium cup against collombus we have only scored ONCE!!! and not being complacent with the fact that COLUMBUS won ONLY once....he's just become an other sugar coater like MO Jhonston.
good coaches would never set this standard for a team, and that what he's doing. Big teams don;t settle on and are not conformed with only playing "losing once against" the "best" team in the league. And that is the mentallity TFC should adopt if they want to be a BIG team in the MLS. If you think big you'll become big....
i was just expecting carver to butcher the players for not winning and to send thema message that you MUST win this situations and nothing short of a win will do it. and not give a talk, which you would give to a girls' junior highschool team so they don't cry...

Carver says thing as they are and that how it should be. the players gave there all and a 1-1 draw with the league leaders is not all that bad. they are years ahead of us as a club and we can't make that up after 2 seasons..Carver is the right man for the job.

Axeman
09-14-2008, 04:12 PM

^I dont know what this is supposed to be???
I think Carver's comments were great, said he was disappointed but was also realistic without using excuses. I still think Carver should be back next season and is a great coach for us. And I enjoy listening to his post game comments.

Carts
09-14-2008, 04:16 PM
That's not what Dunivant said in the press box when he was interviewed. He said it was a play that they worked on in practice.

Probably meaning they worked on it together, during free-time because Carver clearly said that he never worked the play in practice...

And this is my point, when teams are together for a long time, they mesh and gel - and try shit like this in training during free time, and bingo it worked...

Or, if Carver is BS'ing to cover tracks and he did draw the play up in training, perhaps he was trying to keep teams guessing / thinking we're not making up trick plays - if thats so, Dunivant isn't smart for letting the cat outta the bag...

Carts...