PDA

View Full Version : A big thank you to the beer/bottle throwing idiots in 111-112 today...

Pages : [1] 2

Jack
09-13-2008, 06:33 PM
Thanks to you guys for putting another nail into the coffin of a beer-free south stand.

Way to go...morons.

Notice that the ref actually stopped the game over that stuff.

You think it's a joke? You think it's cool? You think that's how to support your team?

If you hit the player taking the corner you think the ref won't call the game?

Don't shit where you eat.

H Bomb
09-13-2008, 06:37 PM
Thanks for bringing this up Jack. It's appalling to see this stuff and to see it getting worse. I think we should draft something into RPB by-law ensuring any member lose their privileges if shown to be a hard object thrower.

werewolf
09-13-2008, 06:41 PM
It is so unnecessary.

The only time I would ever even think it would be somewhat close too not unacceptable is when the other team is taunting us, and thats only because the league has shown it won't do a thing about it.

Why would someone throw a beer at someone minding their own business taking a corner kick or a goal kick? What reason is there?

Jack
09-13-2008, 06:43 PM
Well, get ready for it because it will happen.

The South End will be a beer-free zone.

Blazer
09-13-2008, 06:44 PM
One only hopes that the idiots read this board and see how they've upset and embarrassed us. I have no issue with BMO putting in cameras to go after these arse holes in the future.

Blazer
09-13-2008, 06:45 PM
Wait - was it beer being thrown or a metal object? Chucking beer is just a waste but throwing metal is plain ignorant.

camcamy
09-13-2008, 06:48 PM
One of the worst moments for me at BMO field was when people were throwing beers at an actually injured adam braz. Its one thing to VERBALLY abuse players who you thinks are fakers and divers. But to throw beer at a former TFC player who played with passion for us but WE let go because he just wasnt good enough is absolutely disguisting. Braz didnt deserve that. What makes me even more angry is after I yell "what the fuck are you doing, show him some respect" I get a bunch of looks as though I'm some sort of TFC traitor. Disguisting, simply disguisting.

I completely agree Jack. It does not mean your some sort of super hardcore fan if you can throw a beers at the field. It just show everybody how much of an idiot you really are.

Theres my rant!:p

Jack
09-13-2008, 06:52 PM
Wait - was it beer being thrown or a metal object? Chucking beer is just a waste but throwing metal is plain ignorant.
Beer, bottles and a metal piece ripped from the floor.

Ladies Love Julius James
09-13-2008, 06:54 PM
Fuck the floor? Thats your fuckin home what the fuck are ppl doing. Want to do it...drive 5 hrs to Saputo like I did

Draracle
09-13-2008, 07:09 PM
time to cage you animals in.

I can't see the league not saying anything about this. Especially because the ref had to stop the play. How long before they suspend tickets for sections throwing shit?

Phil
09-13-2008, 07:10 PM
Very sad indeed. I don't know why people who think this is a good thing show up to matches.

wzhxvy
09-13-2008, 07:10 PM
People in 116/117 actually threw more junk on the field. First a beer free zone, and then a net if the antics continue. People should think about what the south stand experience would be with a net infront of us. People should be ejected and have their ST privelages withdrawn.

ricciboy
09-13-2008, 07:11 PM
i hate it when people do that shit it maked us look really bad

dag
09-13-2008, 07:11 PM
I thought it was sadly appropriate for the referee to temporarily suspend play and have the player leave the corner for his own safety, and for the pitch to be cleared.

And this despite two police I saw in 112. Where is security? Did these animals get off scot free for their imbecility?

WHITEY
09-13-2008, 07:12 PM
I had to watch on TV today and when I saw Jimmy B picking up beer cups and shit off the pitch I was thoroughly disgusted! Our fucking Captain picking up crap off the pitch because of some jackass morons! STAY THE FUCK HOME ASSHOLES!

werewolf
09-13-2008, 07:15 PM
^ then he yelled into the crowd, something along the lines of "drink it"

Chevy
09-13-2008, 07:16 PM
Get ready - I predict a beer-free south end for the rest of the season.

Next season - bring back the beer (no vendors though) and if there is any more bullshit you will see an empty south end for a game or two.

Jack
09-13-2008, 07:17 PM
Get ready - I predict a beer-free south end for the rest of the season.

Next season - bring back the beer (no vendors though) and if there is any more bullshit you will see an empty south end for a game or two.

I'm thinking it will be more like... status quo for the rest of the seaon and beer-free south end for next year.

gardooney
09-13-2008, 07:18 PM
I taped the game and Jimmy said as he was picking up the cups. "Your supposed to fucking drink this". I can see how it would piss the players off.

MEU
09-13-2008, 07:18 PM
We may end-up having to police ourselves and stongarm these assholes over to the police... charge them, ban them, and remove their season tickets. It might be worthwhile for one day to lay 5-10 citizen's arrest... not to be a pain in the ass, but this is getting to be a problem and a few are ruining the experience that we have come to enjoy.

Jack
09-13-2008, 07:20 PM
Throw them on the field, see how they like it.

Sonny Cheeba
09-13-2008, 07:20 PM
i think the streamers have to stop on corners. it may actually give drunk idiots the feeling that its acceptable to throw beer.

Jack
09-13-2008, 07:23 PM
i think the streamers have to stop on corners. i may actually give drunk idiots the feeling that its acceptable to throw beer.

90% of the streamers have stopped.

pekduck
09-13-2008, 07:25 PM
I friggin hate people do that, but again, I think 99% of the morons who threw stuff into the pitch won't be here reading our board...

ricciboy
09-13-2008, 07:26 PM
90% of the streamers have stopped.

wow only 10% of streamers get in wow thats low they really get you tho

Jack
09-13-2008, 07:26 PM
I friggin hate people do that, but again, I think 99% of the morons who threw stuff into the pitch won't be here reading our board...
Don't be so sure about that.

I wish they were complete strangers or new people, but it happens too frequently to put it down to one-timers.

Jack
09-13-2008, 07:27 PM
wow only 10% of streamers get in wow thats low they really get you tho
No, I meant 90% of streamer throwing has stopped when compared to what it used to be.

I mean, guys used to get absolutely buried.

ricciboy
09-13-2008, 07:28 PM
No, I meant 90% of streamer throwing has stopped when compared to what it used to be.

Ohhh.... sorry about that ya i agree

Sonny Cheeba
09-13-2008, 07:30 PM

still. that's good. but i think it should be only on goals and after the anthem. when someone throws a streamer on a corner, a drunk idiot might be like "hey i want to throw something too...... but what??"

another option would be to provide them with streamers in hope that a beer stays in hand.

this of course is if the person throwing the beer can't be called out with 100% confidence that they actually did it.

Stfran168
09-13-2008, 07:31 PM
I think we should keep the streamers, it's part of our identity.
Don't throw other shit though. This reminds me of that guy who threw a rock at a Honduran car in Montréal, who remembers that?

Jack
09-13-2008, 07:32 PM
Streamers are fine to throw after the anthems or on a goal.

wzhxvy
09-13-2008, 07:33 PM
I actually do not have an issue with throwing rocks at Honduran cars, but lets get back on topic.

pekduck
09-13-2008, 07:33 PM
Don't be so sure about that.

I wish they were complete strangers or new people, but it happens too frequently to put it down to one-timers.

Talking about non-one-timers, can we expel RPB members who throw shit onto the pitch? Like.. include that in the member agreement/constitution/whatever documents?

Nodoubtguy
09-13-2008, 07:36 PM
I see it turning to an extreme if the throwing doesn't stop......no standing, no flags, no drums, no beer, a big net.....NO ATMOSPHERE!!!!

Sonny Cheeba
09-13-2008, 07:38 PM
Streamers are fine to throw after the anthems or on a goal.

yes. exactly what i was getting at. save 'em for real celebrations.

as for the identity thing. i don't think that's a good thing to be defined by. Tifos, chants, and having a great stadium, and being responsible supporters is what i'd want to be identified as. and i feel that we are. but some assholes throw other crap on the pitch and pissing off our own players.

Jack
09-13-2008, 07:51 PM
I see it turning to an extreme if the throwing doesn't stop......no standing, no flags, no drums, no beer, a big net.....NO ATMOSPHERE!!!!
I don't think TFC would kill that stuff. But the no beer thing is this close
http://www.transitofvenus.org/fingers.jpg

Sonny Cheeba
09-13-2008, 07:52 PM
has someone actually mentioned something to you about a beer ban?

Blazer
09-13-2008, 07:54 PM
They'd lose too much in beer sales to pull the plug. At the most they'll just remove the lids making it more difficult/ near impossible to chuck unless you're within 5 rows of the pitch.

Nodoubtguy
09-13-2008, 07:55 PM
I don't think TFC would kill that stuff. But the no beer thing is this close

I would hope not, but idiots will always be there to throw something even if its not beer so one quick way to kill that would be to kill the atmosphere. Doesn't MTL have a ban on flags?? I know Colorado has issues.....what makes us so special that MLS and/or MLSE wouldn't do it to us?? The streamers were one thing, but the beer is everygame now......

Jack
09-13-2008, 07:57 PM
They'd lose too much in beer sales to pull the plug. At the most they'll just remove the lids making it more difficult/ near impossible to chuck unless you're within 5 rows of the pitch.

Trust me. They'd rather lose some beer sales in the south than lose their licence for the whole stadium.

I would hope not, but idiots will always be there to throw something even if its not beer so one quick way to kill that would be to kill the atmosphere. Doesn't MTL have a ban on flags?? I know Colorado has issues.....what makes us so special that MLS and/or MLSE wouldn't do it to us?? The streamers were one thing, but the beer is everygame now......

Well, there's too much tied up in the atmosphere and the support for them to kill it. BMO has a whole ad campaign based off it. They will not want to kill the atmosphere that is still their strongest selling point.

Sullivan
09-13-2008, 07:58 PM
I'll ask it and I don't give a shit for what anyone has to say....
and nobody saw anything being thrown by anyone....

Throwing anything on or towards the field has got to stop.

Jack
09-13-2008, 08:01 PM
I'll ask it and I don't give a shit for what anyone has to say....
and nobody saw anything being thrown by anyone....

Throwing anything on or towards the field has got to stop.

I saw stuff sail over my head, but I can't say I saw who threw it. I could try to pinpoint the general vicinity, but that's about it.

I mostly look at the pitch during a match...

Security and the cops also need to be more vigilant on this issue, no question.

Sonny Cheeba
what really depresses me is that i can't even afford to go to a game. let alone buy an expensive brew and throw it away like a turd sandwich.

so jack. are you talking about beer not being sold in the south end, or a full out ban on even drinking in those sections.???

iansmcl
There was a gentleman that walked down beside me with a clipboard; said it was to help find the troublemakers, so to speak. I'd really like to see it stop, it's getting ridiculous.

Net
Beer Ban

Coming soon to a South End near you.

Nodoubtguy
09-13-2008, 08:03 PM
Well, there's too much tied up in the atmosphere and the support for them to kill it. BMO has a whole ad campaign based off it. They will not want to kill the atmosphere that is still their strongest selling point.

I understand that the atmosphere is the best thing that TFC have right now, but if it keeps happening.....where do they say enough is enough?? Ban beer in the south end, people will drink before the games. They will always find something to throw and a way to be idiots.....

I hope it never comes to this, but I can see it getting bad before it gets better.....

London
09-13-2008, 08:04 PM
get ready for constant video survalance!!!
soon enough it will have to come to that of get ready for the field goal nets to come up!!!

get rid of beer, i dont give a flying fuck

Jack
09-13-2008, 08:05 PM
what really depresses me is that i can't even afford to go to a game. let alone buy an expensive brew and throw it away like a turd sandwich.

so jack. are you talking about beer not being sold in the south end, or a full out ban on even drinking in those sections.???
My feeling is they won't stop selling it. You just won't be able to take it into the stands so you'll have to drink it in the concourse.

I, for one, don't go to the match specifically to drink, though I do enjoy an occasional beer in the stands. It's too bad that a few idiots are going to ruin that.

I understand that the atmosphere is the best thing that TFC have right now, but if it keeps happening.....where do they say enough is enough?? Ban beer in the south end, people will drink before the games. They will always find something to throw and a way to be idiots.....

I hope it never comes to this, but I can see it getting bad before it gets better.....

Could be, but when you eliminate the beer throwing the number of objects thrown gets reduced a lot and makes it easier to see the other objects. I'm not saying banning beer in the stands is going to solve the issue, I'm just saying that there's a good possibility that this will happen.

Blazer
09-13-2008, 08:05 PM
There’s not going to be a ban for Christ sake. Nor would BMO lose their licence for something they have absolutely NO control over. A net is a much more realistic option for BMO despite the fan outcry that would soon follow.

People who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones.

Nodoubtguy
09-13-2008, 08:07 PM
There’s not going to be a ban for Christ sake. Nor would BMO lose their licence for something they have absolutely NO control over. A net is a much more realistic option for BMO despite the fan outcry that would soon follow.

If you don't provide beer, then there is no beer to throw.....pretty simple in my mind

flatpicker
09-13-2008, 08:08 PM
I was truly embarrassed...

why oh why oh why must people be so fucking stupid???!!!

Bring on the video surveillance... I am all for it!

Jack
09-13-2008, 08:08 PM

Trust me, dude, I know what I'm talking about here.

The idea is already on the table.

London
09-13-2008, 08:09 PM

who is this directed at?

Blazer
09-13-2008, 08:10 PM
Or you wait until it becomes a more regular occurrence then throw a fucking net up in our faces. They should start making the public announcements now to let the fans know that they're seriously considering it for next season. Simple solution.

Blazer
09-13-2008, 08:13 PM
who is this directed at?

The fans in general - those douche bags who are throwing anything that isn't a streamer or an eff bomb. And to all the pussies who can't look at these pukes in the face and call them out to security. Nobody saw anyone throw anything? Highly unlikely.

London
09-13-2008, 08:15 PM
The fans in general - those douche bags who are throwing anything that isn't a streamer or an eff bomb. And to all the pussies who can't look at these pukes in the face and call them out to security. Nobody saw anyone throw anything? Highly unlikely.

ok then!!!!
i dont see it getting any better, get ready for the nets people!!!!

oh yeah, i was in 110 today and beer came from 110 and 113 too

Jack
09-13-2008, 08:16 PM
Honestly, Blazer, if the cops and security who are looking into the crowd don't see it, how can someone who's looking at and focused on what happens on the pitch see it?

Corcai
09-13-2008, 08:17 PM
I did not see it but I did notice streamer throwing as at a bare minimum to say the least.

Shit being thrown on the field has to be put down to 1st timers and those who don't give a shit about the product they are watching.

Blazer
09-13-2008, 08:19 PM
Cops are looking up at thousands of people aimlessly. It’s a paid duty – get in and get out.

I can see someone directly beneath me for 90 minutes. And so can others.

Jack
09-13-2008, 08:20 PM
I did not see it but I did notice streamer throwing as at a bare minimum to say the least.

Shit being thrown on the field has to be put down to 1st timers and those who don't give a shit about the product they are watching.
The first-timers argument doesn't wash with me.

It happens too frequently. Does that mean that every single game someone new comes into the sections and decides to throw shit?

The "don't give a shit about the team" sounds more like it.

Blazer
09-13-2008, 08:22 PM

First timers don’t come to games to throw shit and cause a stink. Usually they sit on their hands and bite their tongues for the first 70 minutes before they finally catch on to one of our easy cheesy chants and join in at a mild capacity.

I blame regulars who have become comfortable with the fact that police are quite tame and incoherent.

Jack
09-13-2008, 08:22 PM
Cops are looking up at thousands of people aimlessly. It’s a paid duty – get in and get out.

I can see someone directly beneath me for 90 minutes. And so can others.
Well, I hope more guys like you step up to call people out then. I know if someone in front of me did so, I would, but it's unlikely that someone in the first few rows of 112 will do that.

Blazer
09-13-2008, 08:23 PM

It happens too frequently. Does that mean that every single game someone new comes into the sections and decides to throw shit?

You got it! Sad to say but so true.

flatpicker
09-13-2008, 08:23 PM

agreed...

there is obviously a number of shit-disturbers that frequent the games.

We need to try and be more aware of those around us...

... get these losers out!

adamdz
09-13-2008, 08:25 PM
Really took me by surprise to see 5 or so beers chucked during that corner. Unbelievable, just when I thought I was actually seeing it happen less often.

werewolf
09-13-2008, 08:28 PM
hopefully the word gets passed onto the team (especially Jimmy), that it is only a few random douchebags, and not the collective supporters.

Blazer
09-13-2008, 08:30 PM
Well, I hope more guys like you step up to call people out then. I know if someone in front of me did so, I would, but it's unlikely that someone in the first few rows of 112 will do that.
Last season I had a prick-faced asshole throwing peanuts at coppers when they weren’t looking. I reached over and swatted him on the head but was pulled back by friends because it was a huge risk to my season ticket if I was kicked out for fighting. He looked at me and said “what do you care buddy”. I told him that I was a season ticket holder that valued the fact that I can watch a game in peace and security without a net in front of me or fear of having my section (111) identified as a shit disturbing section.

He carried on throwing the peanuts so I bought a bag myself and pitched them right off the back of his head until his friends told him to stop. I was prepared to let security know who he was but he stopped soon enough.

Yeah, I'll call any fucker out - damn right!

Blazer
09-13-2008, 08:35 PM
hopefully the word gets passed onto the team (especially Jimmy), that it is only a few random douchebags, and not the collective supporters.

Why do we care about getting a message passed to the team?! They don’t give a rat’s ass so long as it’s not thrown at them.

If you think these guys are so simple minded that they don’t paint all fans with the same brush you’re mistaken. They’re footballers, not hockey players.

RPB_Brantford_08
09-13-2008, 08:38 PM
Thanks to you guys for putting another nail into the coffin of a beer-free south stand.

Way to go...morons.

Notice that the ref actually stopped the game over that stuff.

You think it's a joke? You think it's cool? You think that's how to support your team?

If you hit the player taking the corner you think the ref won't call the game?

Don't shit where you eat.

Well said Jack, this shite has to stop and if it means no beer in the supporters stand so be it..one clown threw a beer cup near Sutton!!
SO MLSE really have two choices here

1) put up a net protecting the players from objects..liss is the least likeable option

2) ban beer sales from the supporters end for the last 2 games of the season, making a final judgement on the subject during the off season.

a few dirtbags will ruin it for the folk out for footie and enjoy a beer at the same time!!

TFC_Toon
09-13-2008, 08:44 PM
No class, not football supporters, not necessary, and its getting worse.

We need to weed them out, one way or another.

werewolf
09-13-2008, 08:47 PM
Why do we care about getting a message passed to the team?! They don’t give a rat’s ass so long as it’s not thrown at them.

Why do you care that I care?

NateDoGG
09-13-2008, 08:59 PM
i dont understand how any supporter in the south end could get away with that

if i saw a guy next to me or in front of me or anywhere near me throwing a beer i would rip into him soo bad

only losers do that shit... fuckin wanna be hooligans

u guys really need to put ur wanna be hooli's in their spot, im sure lots of u seen the ppl who did it, so why not get in their face about it? smack those fuckin drunk idiots around, they dont even deserve to support this club if thats the way they go about it. fuckin tools

Sonny Cheeba
09-13-2008, 09:02 PM
what would be worse getting hit by a beer or a hot cup of bovril

http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/image/s_bovril.jpg

here's a billy connolly joke on an old firm derby and how people actually drink this stuff in scotland.
well its really about a guy who gets in the wrong end at an old firm derby.
j48D_j0Xru4

yes drinking hot cups of beef stock is the thing to do.

Kickit09
09-13-2008, 09:02 PM
seems like its just getting worse every game....i cant wait to watch the game from behind a net.

and i miss the streamers, its pathetic now from what it used to be.

RPB_Brantford_08
09-13-2008, 09:03 PM
i dont understand how any supporter in the south end could get away with that

if i saw a guy next to me or in front of me or anywhere near me throwing a beer i would rip into him soo bad

only losers do that shit... fuckin wanna be hooligans

u guys really need to put ur wanna be hooli's in their spot, im sure lots of u seen the ppl who did it, so why not get in their face about it? smack those fuckin drunk idiots around, they dont even deserve to support this club if thats the way they go about it. fuckin tools

the cops looked useless when the objects went flying put them up in the stands, one in each section...video cameras as the have in europe focused on the supporters section might do the trick..

NateDoGG
09-13-2008, 09:04 PM
they dont have cctv at bmo???
they need that shit in and around the entire place..

Chevy
09-13-2008, 09:09 PM
It would help if the cops actually threw somebody out.

Go to a Bills game (if you must) - there is WAY more drinking going on there and if you so much as fart, a dozen or so cops will drag your ass out of there without a second thought. Absolutely Zero tolerance for BS.

Jack
09-13-2008, 09:15 PM
It would help if the cops actually threw somebody out.

Go to a Bills game (if you must) - there is WAY more drinking going on there and if you so much as fart, a dozen or so cops will drag your ass out of there without a second thought. Absolutely Zero tolerance for BS.
I don't know man...do we want them wading into the crowd?

I'd rather security took care of that. Once cops start wading into the crowd it really sets a bad precedent.

wzhxvy
09-13-2008, 09:15 PM
Another factor in this is that these guys miss the field as many times as they hit it...and the guys infront of them end up with the beer shower or get hit with the crap...its a serious safety issue for the players and the fans.

graeme117
09-13-2008, 09:16 PM
People in 116/117 actually threw more junk on the field. First a beer free zone, and then a net if the antics continue. People should think about what the south stand experience would be with a net infront of us. People should be ejected and have their ST privelages withdrawn.

i saw a hand full of coins come out of our section, hit the crew player in the back... disgusting

Blazer
^
Difference being, in Buffalo two guys will fight or fans can intimidate supporters of the opposition because they don’t segregate. At BMO, we all pull for the lads and have no reason to fight. Fighting isn’t the issue.

But I do agree, if one idiot is seen (caught) they should make a model out of him for everyone to see.

Rocco
i feel ashamed hearing about this.

Chevy
09-13-2008, 09:18 PM
I don't know man...do we want them wading into the crowd?

I'd rather security took care of that. Once cops start wading into the crowd it really sets a bad precedent.

You're right. Security first followed by the cops if needed. Just throw somebody out for christ sakes.

Ageroo
09-13-2008, 09:18 PM
i feel ashamed hearing about this.

you should...i can't believe that I was seeing it.........should be interesting to see the ramifications...

The Oz
09-13-2008, 09:19 PM

If you think these guys are so simple minded that they don’t paint all fans with the same brush you’re mistaken. They’re footballers, not hockey players.

Excuse me but are you stupid? Of course they care, this is gonna get fines on the team, as well as disrupt the play and is gonna cause some serious problems down the road. And I'm sure they realize that its some idiots doing it cause there's only a couple beers thrown every game. Real fans don't throw beer. Also it's just overall douchebaggery and its got to stop. Being a minor I don't care about the beer as much as others, but the net is gonna seriously hamper things.

Blazer
09-13-2008, 09:19 PM
Another factor in this is that these guys miss the field as many times as they hit it...and the guys infront of them end up with the beer shower or get hit with the crap...its a serious safety issue for the players and the fans.

It’s not a safety issue for anyone on the pitch. The pitch is too far away and besides, a plastic cup aint gonna harm anyone.

If you are getting hit from behind with a beer there is nothing you can do. But if you are watching someone throw a beer and hitting someone then there’s a whole lot you can do.

coisty1966
09-13-2008, 09:20 PM
^
Difference being, in Buffalo two guys will fight or fans can intimidate supporters of the opposition because they don’t segregate. At BMO, we all pull for the lads and have no reason to fight. Fighting isn’t the issue.

But I do agree, if one idiot is seen (caught) they should make a model out of him for everyone to see.

cctv for sure...catch them...pull there season seat

Jack
09-13-2008, 09:21 PM
It’s not a safety issue for anyone on the pitch. The pitch is too far away and besides, a plastic cup aint gonna harm anyone.

If you are getting hit from behind with a beer there is nothing you can do. But if you are watching someone throw a beer and hitting someone then there’s a whole lot you can do.
The beers are stupid and annoying...but the bottles of water and the piece of metal from the stand could hurt someone.

The metal thing was pretty solid and big. Nail someone in the head with that bad boy and the ref calls the game for sure.

wzhxvy
09-13-2008, 09:21 PM
cctv for sure...catch them...pull there season seat

Tell you what...a hard metal object thrown on the pitch is a safety issue. A beer thrown at a player, and actually hitting him will be a safety issue whether it causes injury or not.

Batman
09-13-2008, 09:22 PM
Frankly this is all talk until we do something about it.

I suggest we revoke any RPBs membership if they are found to throw anything other than streamers. Basically they are don't something that is not in RPBs best interest. Out they go as far as I'm concerned.

TFC John
09-13-2008, 09:22 PM
Stopping beer sales is not a real solution. That doesn't mean it won't happen. If fact it probably will. The only real solution is to put up a net. I expect MLSE to wait until everyone in the south end has renewed their season tickets before they announce that a net is going up next year. Once there is a net in place it will never come down.

Nice work shit heads!!!

Jack
09-13-2008, 09:23 PM

I suggest we revoke any RPBs membership if they are found to throw anything other than streamers. Basically they are don't something that is not in RPBs best interest. Out they go as far as I'm concerned.

Definitely.

Blazer
Excuse me but are you stupid? Of course they care, this is gonna get fines on the team, as well as disrupt the play and is gonna cause some serious problems down the road. And I'm sure they realize that its some idiots doing it cause there's only a couple beers thrown every game. Real fans don't throw beer. Also it's just overall douchebaggery and its got to stop. Being a minor I don't care about the beer as much as others, but the net is gonna seriously hamper things.

Site the case when MLS has fined or even threatened to fine the team whose fans got out of control?!

Don’t be naïve.

Beer chucking has to stop no doubt, but let’s not jump to silly conclusions like players caring about our conduct. I'm guessing the issue wasn't even brought up in the post game interviews nevermind the locker room.

Chevy
Exactly. You throw something, you're gone. Period. Don't care if it is a coin or a beer or a frigging flower. Gone.

Batman
09-13-2008, 09:24 PM

Having this as a policy also possibly would prevent BMO from doing anything that would effectively publish the entire south end because of the actions of a few morons.

trane
09-13-2008, 09:25 PM
This kind of shit would be easier to control if the supporters groups had more control of who is in the south end.

wzhxvy
09-13-2008, 09:28 PM
Trane, I respectfully disagree on this one. Instead of focusing on the south end, its time for the supporters groups to work on the east end...its becoming embarassing out there...

The Oz
09-13-2008, 09:31 PM
Site the case when MLS has fined or even threatened to fine the team whose fans got out of control?!

Don’t be naïve.

Beer chucking has to stop no doubt, but let’s not jump to silly conclusions like players caring about our conduct. I'm guessing the issue wasn't even brought up in the post game interviews nevermind the locker room.

I apologize for my harshness and you are right that they haven't fined anyone but who knows? We could be the first. Also I do think they care enough when beer is being thrown on the field cause it's just plain disrespectful to the team, the game, and everyone enjoying themselves.

The Oz
09-13-2008, 09:32 PM

Having this as a policy also possibly would prevent BMO from doing anything that would effectively publish the entire south end because of the actions of a few morons.

I agree but, I don't think that the majority of the people throwing their beers are RPB OR U Sector. I would like to think we generally know better. But yeah its prolly some guys with seasons in the back who aren't affiliated with anyone and are just being stupid.

trane
09-13-2008, 09:35 PM
Trane, I respectfully disagree on this one. Instead of focusing on the south end, its time for the supporters groups to work on the east end...its becoming embarassing out there...

I cannot tell you are wrong, the problem is that we are too few particularly in 104. 105 seems to be getting better. We gave up sitting in the section today, instead we stood next to the beergarden. Any way that is another topic.

Shakes McQueen
09-13-2008, 09:35 PM
I was in Section 117 today, for the match. I brought my dad for the first time, to show him the Toronto FC match day experience, and see if I could get him into it.

As soon as the beer throwing started, I winced - I was embarrassed.

Throw any RPB who chucks something that isn't a streamer, our of the group, and out of the match. Same for anyone else.

I think some folks think it's "funny" to pelt players with beer - it isn't. It's tremendously disrespectful, and makes all Toronto FC fans look like retarded yokels.

Not much more to say, that hasn't been said already. My dad just started shaking his head every time a beer sailed over our heads.

- Scott

Blazer
09-13-2008, 09:36 PM
^I have thick skin OZ – say what you think. I can assure you though, our players are not even remotely concerned about the beer chucking. Not yet anyway.

Oh, and you'll find yourself calling just about everyone in here stupid if you don't keep an open mind on how stupid this place can get at times. LOL

Batman
09-13-2008, 09:39 PM
I agree but, I don't think that the majority of the people throwing their beers are RPB OR U Sector. I would like to think we generally know better. But yeah its prolly some guys with seasons in the back who aren't affiliated with anyone and are just being stupid.

Maybe so. We can only contol what we have authority over. If the offender is an RPB, we deal with it. If not, we point them out to security.

Problem solved pretty quick.

Does anyone disagree with this approach?

Blazer
09-13-2008, 09:39 PM
I was in Section 117 today, for the match. I brought my dad for the first time, to show him the Toronto FC match day experience, and see if I could get him into it.

As soon as the beer throwing started, I winced - I was embarrassed.

Throw any RPB who chucks something that isn't a streamer, our of the group, and out of the match. Same for anyone else.

I think some folks think it's "funny" to pelt players with beer - it isn't. It's tremendously disrespectful, and makes all Toronto FC fans look like retarded yokels.

Not much more to say, that hasn't been said already. My dad just started shaking his head every time a beer sailed over our heads.

- Scott

Well said.

Chevy
09-13-2008, 09:40 PM
^I have thick skin – say what you think. I can assure you though, our players are not even remotely concerned about the beer chucking. Not yet anyway.

Oh, and you'll find yourself calling just about everyone in here stupid if you don't keep an open mind on how stupid this place can get at times. LOL

I disagree. I could see the look on Brennan's face when he ran over to take the cups off the field. It was like "we're trying to get three points here and I have to fucking clean up the pitch?".

Even Ruiz, who was a pylon for most of the game ran over to take crap off the field.

Sonny Cheeba
09-13-2008, 09:41 PM
^I have thick skin – say what you think. I can assure you though, our players are not even remotely concerned about the beer chucking. Not yet anyway.

well... it supposedly Brennan picked up a beer and said something like "you're supposed to be fucking drinking this" . but i wasn't there.

that shows that it's starting to bother at least one of our players.

if anything, ask Big Bruva to find out if it's bothering our team. or if it has been mentioned.

werewolf
09-13-2008, 09:45 PM

The MLS can only be incompetent for so long...I can Cite you many examples in from other leagues where not only will we receive a fine, but also a forfeiture.

If you don't think the players are in the least bit concerned now, just wait until we lose 3 points

Blazer
09-13-2008, 09:46 PM
well... it supposedly Brennan picked up a beer and said something like "you're supposed to be fucking drinking this" . but i wasn't there.

that shows that it's starting to bother at least one of our players.

if anything, ask Big Bruva to find out if it's bothering our team. or if it has been mentioned.

Brennan picked it up and gestured, “drink it” yes. But that was his own mid-game humour as much as to say “don’t waste your money”. The assumption that he was insinuating “stop throwing beer you’re scaring us” is one person’s perception over another’s.

The only thing that may have bothered Brennan about that is the fact that it gave Columbus additional time to strategize on the corner kick. Other than that, I’m sure the beer throwing didn’t faze him. He probably jokingly talked about picking it up and gesturing in the locker room afterwards?!

Blazer
09-13-2008, 09:48 PM
The MLS can only be incompetent for so long...I can Cite you many examples in from other leagues where not only will we receive a fine, but also a forfeiture.

If you don't think the players are in the least bit concerned now, just wait until we lose 3 points

Once again, cite the case when ANY team has EVER forfeited a game or 3 points because of a beer-throwing incident.

Don’t waste your time looking, it hasn’t happened and MLS certainly won’t be the first to go there.

Sonny Cheeba
09-13-2008, 09:48 PM
Brennan picked it up and gestured, “drink it” yes. But that was his own mid-game humour as much as to say “don’t waste your money”. The assumption that he was insinuating “stop throwing beer you’re scaring us” is one person’s perception over another’s.

The only thing that may have bothered Brennan about that is the fact that it gave Columbus additional time to strategize on the corner kick. Other than that, I’m sure the beer throwing didn’t faze him. He probably jokingly talked about picking it up and gesturing in the locker room afterwards?!

yeah i think you were in 111 so you probably had a better view than i did on the couch.

but still. Big Bruva will know.

Blazer
09-13-2008, 09:49 PM
I disagree. I could see the look on Brennan's face when he ran over to take the cups off the field. It was like "we're trying to get three points here and I have to fucking clean up the pitch?".

Even Ruiz, who was a pylon for most of the game ran over to take crap off the field.

Haha, you got all that from one facial expression?!

Chevy
09-13-2008, 09:51 PM

He was pissed off, you could see it on his face. I'm sure he would never call out the fans but it was evident he was annoyed.

I agree that everyone may percieved it differently, but you realy shouldnt comment on what you think he was probably joking about after the game. Now THAT's funny.

Blazer
09-13-2008, 09:52 PM
^Just as you probably shouldn't comment on what another man's facial expression was conveying 25 yards away from you? Whatever pal.

king dave
09-13-2008, 09:53 PM
20 to 1 the people who threw stuff today will not be reading this board, and if they do, they probably get the message by now (hopefully?).
If I was sitting next to some douche who threw shit on the pitch I would fucking call him/her out for doing so and I hope/expect any supporter in any section would do the same thing.
I remember New York last year when one of our own threw a beer bottle on the pitch and was immediately kicked out. This shit cannot happen and if booze free section is the answer, good.
It is each of our responsibilities to police ourselves if we want any respect from security, FO or the team.
KD.

Chevy
09-13-2008, 09:53 PM
I fucking saw it, plain and simple. Go back to your TFC locker room fantasy, asshole.

Blazer
09-13-2008, 09:56 PM
Haha, you hold onto every word that is spoken in here as though it really happened. My locker room comment was said in jest (for you that means light hearted). Obviously it didn’t happen but I didn’t expect you to fully comprehend that.

Blazer
09-13-2008, 09:57 PM
20 to 1 the people who threw stuff today will not be reading this board, and if they do, they probably get the message by now (hopefully?).
If I was sitting next to some douche who threw shit on the pitch I would fucking call him/her out for doing so and I hope/expect any supporter in any section would do the same thing.
I remember New York last year when one of our own threw a beer bottle on the pitch and was immediately kicked out. This shit cannot happen and if booze free section is the answer, good.
It is each of our responsibilities to police ourselves if we want any respect from security, FO or the team.
KD.

Thank you. Best post in here tonight.

Chevy
09-13-2008, 09:58 PM
Haha, you hold onto every word that is spoken in here as though it really happened. My locker room comment was said in jest (for you that means light hearted). Obviously it didn’t happen but I didn’t expect you to fully comprehend that.

I fully comprehend that you're a dick. *ignore*

Cashcleaner
09-13-2008, 09:59 PM
In all honesty, threads like these are becoming pointless with each passing day. I'm certainly not siding with the throwers or condoning their behaviour, but no amount of internet discussion is gonna make the problem go away.

The league will mandate the club put up a net or stop the sale of beer in the south end and that will be that.

Also, Chevy and Blazer - I demand you two kiss and make up, ASAP.

Batman
09-13-2008, 10:02 PM
Cash,
I agree internet chat doesnt solve it, but we as a supporters group can do what we can to solve it.

Also, Blazer and Chezy, any further name calling will prompt an infraction.

Blazer
09-13-2008, 10:03 PM
In all honesty, threads like these are becoming pointless with each passing day. I'm certainly not siding with the throwers or condoning their behaviour, but no amount of internet discussion is gonna make the problem go away.

The league will mandate the club put up a net or stop the sale of beer in the south end and that will be that.

You'll have to ask him to unclick his magical internet "ignore" button. He dreams in Technicolour - if we pretend he doesn't exist he's bound to go away. Theory of natural selection. LOL

KD is right though Cash, the policing starts with the fans who see this buffoonery not with security or coppers.

ricciboy
09-13-2008, 10:04 PM
how far were they up if anyone saw

Blazer
09-13-2008, 10:05 PM
Cash,
I agree internet chat doesnt solve it, but we as a supporters group can do what we can to solve it.

Also, Blazer and Chezy, any further name calling will prompt an infraction.

Yes Dad. :smash:

Chevy
09-13-2008, 10:06 PM

Fine. Although I remain concerned about Blazer's TFC locker room fantasies, I take back all the BS.

Blazer
09-13-2008, 10:06 PM
Couldn’t have been too far. How far can one launch a full beer with a lid – shit…you can probably hurl one of them from a good distance?!

Batman
09-13-2008, 10:07 PM
Thanks boys.

Cashcleaner
09-13-2008, 10:10 PM
Ummm, guys. I believe I demanded that you KISS and MAKEUP.

http://happinessbunny.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/kissing100507-3.jpg

That's right, keep it nice and slow.

Why yes, I am drunk right now.

werewolf
09-13-2008, 10:10 PM
Once again, cite the case when ANY team has EVER forfeited a game or 3 points because of a beer-throwing incident.

Don’t waste your time looking, it hasn’t happened and MLS certainly won’t be the first to go there.

Beer = projectile

Have you never heard of a game being called off based on that? It is no longer about beer.

wzhxvy
09-13-2008, 10:11 PM
[quote=Cashcleaner;183658]Ummm, guys. I believe I demanded you KISS and MAKEUP.

Dont you hate it when the other person doesnt close their eyes ? lol

Batman
09-13-2008, 10:12 PM
Jeez, Cash, that deserves a fricken infraction too!

ricciboy
i would hate you have a net

and this is a message to jack

the CREW fans that came says thank you for the great food and respect at the tail gate i know this is offtopic sorry

Blazer
Cash>> It's way too late to be posting pics like that...I just threw up in my mouth a little...

WW>> Site the case and we'll talk.

Cashcleaner
09-13-2008, 10:13 PM
Jeez, Cash, that deserves a fricken infraction too!

Alright, alright. I'll give myself a 7-day time-out. :(

werewolf
09-13-2008, 10:13 PM
http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/history/season=2004/round=1970/match=1084886/index.html

Batman
09-13-2008, 10:14 PM
all right then!

Cambridge_Red
09-13-2008, 10:16 PM
A beer was thrown out of the beer garden today. WTF people drink it ffs stop throwing beer it's fucking stupid and expensive end of.

Blazer
09-13-2008, 10:17 PM
Plastic bottles, flares, etc...all far cries from cold wet beer

Site the case where 3 points was lost or a game was forfeited due to beer tossing. And don't give me this "projectile" garbage. I want a beer case!

werewolf
09-13-2008, 10:19 PM
plastic bottles have been thrown. A full plastic cup is no different, regardless of the contents.

There are no beer specific cases to CCCCCite because beer is not allowed in many stands, which is on the brink of occuring here.

Sonny Cheeba
09-13-2008, 10:23 PM
is blazer's spelling of cite with an 's' gonna keep you up tonight wolfie?

Cambridge_Red
09-13-2008, 10:29 PM
A teacher I recall..

ricciboy
09-13-2008, 10:34 PM
is MLS gonig to talk about this or MLSE

Sonny Cheeba
09-13-2008, 10:35 PM
A teacher I recall..

i too recall. when i'm a teacher i bet i still fuck up some spelling.

Blazer
09-13-2008, 10:36 PM

No one will be talking about it except us. And, if it continues there will be a big ass net in front of our faces soon enough.

Sonny Cheeba
09-13-2008, 10:38 PM

well it will go like this if it happens. MLS will have to say something before MLSE actually takes action.

they'll either be losing money in beer sales, or spending money on a net or cameras etc. neither is in their favour yet. the only way i see MLSE taking an initiative is when it's gone too far, somebody getting injured (fan or player), or a game being called by a ref.

Blazer
09-13-2008, 10:40 PM
Those are very rare occasions.

I’m sure the only talk that has come up is over the instituting of a net around the south end of the pitch.

ricciboy
09-13-2008, 10:41 PM
ok ture didnt adam braz get hurt? by some one throwing something at him

CretanBull
09-13-2008, 10:41 PM
The solution is to give control of the south end to the supporters groups. Sadly, the front office probably thinks that we're the ones responsible.

Cashcleaner
09-13-2008, 10:44 PM
^ That would work...kinda.

I mean, if we had only RPB, U-Sector, and other groups sitting in the south end I'm sure it would probably cut-down on this problem, but would it stop it completely? I'm not so sure. Sadly there are people in all groups that simply don't give a fuck and we'll be back to square one.

Like I said, the beer will either stopping flowing or a net will go up and that will be the end of it.

Sonny Cheeba
09-13-2008, 10:44 PM
The solution is to give control of the south end to the supporters groups. Sadly, the front office probably thinks that we're the ones responsible.

they think it's just the LeedsUtd supporters in RPB. :p

ricciboy
09-13-2008, 10:47 PM
i hope this doesnt happen again

Blazer
09-13-2008, 10:48 PM
You can’t give power to the supporters. What you give them is ownership of their seat – regardless of their supporter group affiliation (I.e. STHs own their seat – whether they have an affiliation is neither here nor there). Giving power would only weaken relationships between supporter groups and BMO Fos. Every bad incident would result in a finger pointing discrepancy when determining whose fault an issue becomes and who should be solving it.

Jack
09-13-2008, 10:50 PM

One of our main avenues for communication is the message board, which allows us to reach a fair number of people on the issue.

No one will be talking about it except us. And, if it continues there will be a big ass net in front of our faces soon enough.

Those are very rare occasions.

I’m sure the only talk that has come up is over the instituting of a net around the south end of the pitch.

Trust me, Blazer, it's being talked about by people high up with TFC.

The proposal that I know about is the one I've mentioned in this thread:

Beer will not be allowed in the stands in designated supporters sections (ie. 111-112-113-114-115-116-117-118-119-127)

This is already on the table for discussion and the events this afternoon will only speed this measure coming into effect.

As to the net, that could come later if people continue to throw stuff.

Blazer
09-13-2008, 10:50 PM
And, at the end of the day we are still left without a culprit. You’re right CB, they probably think RPB is responsible but until someone comes forward (and that won’t happen) you can’t rule out any possibility as tough as that is to accept.

ricciboy
09-13-2008, 10:51 PM
You can’t give power to the supporters. What you give them is ownership of their seat – regardless of their supporter group affiliation (I.e. STHs own their seat – whether they have an affiliation is neither here nor there). Giving power would only weaken relationships between supporter groups and BMO Fos. Every bad incident would result in a finger pointing discrepancy when determining whose fault an issue becomes and who should be solving it.

i agree

ricciboy
09-13-2008, 10:53 PM
Beer will not be allowed in the stands in designated supporters sections (ie. 111-112-113-114-115-116-117-118-119-127)

NEE and Tribal Nation have to do it two thats sucks.... is 119-127 west side

Blazer
09-13-2008, 10:54 PM
J>> The “high ups” of TFC??? Who Johnson or MLSE?! Neither gives a shit when a net will solve the problem outright.

I’m not saying that all of these things don't merit discussion but I can’t see anything more than the net coming to town. Solves everything beer tossing related?! Now you wanna talk about other objects (which I have yet to really be convinced of)...that's a harrier mole...

ricciboy
09-13-2008, 10:57 PM
ya but still will toronto loss the passion if a net is put up? i konw monteral had to put one up for them

Sonny Cheeba
09-13-2008, 10:59 PM
lose passion, i don't think so. none of the fans in argentina, brazil, pretty much everywhere with a fence or net have lost the passion.

shaggingscot
Just to jump in where everyone else has, Today in 116 a guy who isn't regularly there decides to get into the act of throwing a beer on the pitch. So he's immediately called every name in the book by the regular supporters and even pointed out to security. What does security do initially? They laugh, like it's some fucking joke. Only after pressing the issue and saying their inaction would be reported to the club did the idiot get removed.
I don't care what the fuck it is they throw, we're very close to watching the match through a fucking net. This nonsense has to stop and the only way they can stop it is to start throwing people out right away.

werewolf
the net in Montreal is up only behind the net, and that is because the seats are about 18 inches from the back of the net. It is for safety purposes.

CretanBull
09-13-2008, 11:01 PM
they think it's just the LeedsUtd supporters in RPB. :p

Sounds like someone is looking for a Yorkshire kiss up side the head :D

(I hope that it's obvious that I'm joking, I got a laugh out of your comment!)

tylerdangelo
09-13-2008, 11:02 PM
ok ture didnt adam braz get hurt? by some one throwing something at him

I dont think he got hurt...except his pride...Its just dissapointing to see fans who once supported him when he played for us now disrespecting him like that...as fun as it is to throw streamers (which has decreased btw), its wrong to throw shit that could cause injury. These are the guys who probably work at fast food restaraunts and dont understand that this is the guys jobs to play soccer. im sure those morons wouldnt like it if Hedjuk come to mcdonalds and pulled a 'fire in the whole' on them.

Blazer
09-13-2008, 11:04 PM
Just to jump in where everyone else has, Today in 116 a guy who isn't regularly there decides to get into the act of throwing a beer on the pitch. So he's immediately called every name in the book by the regular supporters and even pointed out to security. What does security do initially? They laugh, like it's some fucking joke. Only after pressing the issue and saying their inaction would be reported to the club did the idiot get removed.
I don't care what the fuck it is they throw, we're very close to watching the match through a fucking net. This nonsense has to stop and the only way they can stop it is to start throwing people out right away.

You should contact Marc (BMO FO) and describe the security officer's reaction and describe the guy/gal to him. He'll have a few words with his employee I'm sure?! Good for 116 for calling him out! It's a proactive solution to a problem that's only going to continue to worsen if proper intervention doesn't take place.

ricciboy
09-13-2008, 11:07 PM
ok i was just wandering if it happened

Sonny Cheeba
09-13-2008, 11:07 PM
Sounds like someone is looking for a Yorkshire kiss up side the head :D

(I hope that it's obvious that I'm joking, I got a laugh out of your comment!)

if only you didn't leave 4 lines of space in that post i wouldn't have shit myself.

ricciboy
09-13-2008, 11:08 PM
I dont think he got hurt...except his pride...Its just dissapointing to see fans who once supported him when he played for us now disrespecting him like that...as fun as it is to throw streamers (which has decreased btw), its wrong to throw shit that could cause injury. These are the guys who probably work at fast food restaraunts and dont understand that this is the guys jobs to play soccer. im sure those morons wouldnt like it if Hedjuk come to mcdonalds and pulled a 'fire in the whole' on them.

lol true

Jack
09-13-2008, 11:10 PM
J>> The “high ups” of TFC??? Who Johnson or MLSE?! Neither gives a shit when a net will solve the problem outright.

I’m not saying that all of these things don't merit discussion but I can’t see anything more than the net coming to town. Solves everything beer tossing related?! Now you wanna talk about other objects (which I have yet to really be convinced of)...that's a harrier mole...

Hmmm...well, I can only go on information I have from my communication with TFC where the actual issue was raised which was precisely, once again, what I've said in this thread. This isn't random speculation on my part.

Mo Johnston has nothing to do with gameday ops. It's TFC management (call them MLSE if you will) on the ops side.

They don't want to put up a net. Yet.

And as to the other objects being thrown: you need to be convinced to see the water bottles? Because they definitely were there today.
I also personally saw the big piece of metal that was thrown. I'm not making it up, dude. It's happening.

tylerdangelo
09-13-2008, 11:11 PM
it just gives us ( not only RPB and other supporters groups but TFC in general)a bad reputation. As much as i like to harass the other team and the ref ( hence my comment at the game 'get off your knees ref your blowin' the game') i think its completely wrong physically abuse our competitors. and when a couple of guys do it it stains all of our rep's

Roogsy
09-13-2008, 11:12 PM
After all this discussion, there is one thing that is plainly clear.

The cops and security are all over us in these sections...and yet when something happens that they SHOULD be catching and taking care of, they are dumbfounded.

But lord help you if you are standing on a seat... :rolleyes:

ricciboy
09-13-2008, 11:15 PM

The cops and security are all over us in these sections...and yet when something happens that they SHOULD be catching and taking care of, they are dumbfounded.

why is it bad for standing on a seat ? im confused

tylerdangelo
09-13-2008, 11:17 PM

this is way too true. i saw the cops and security watch the hooligans throw junk. they definately did not do their duties.

Roogsy
09-13-2008, 11:17 PM
Dunno....ask the cops and security.

But I do know one thing. Their incompetence, and the fans stupidity is going to wind up getting us a nice big fat net in front of us in the south stands. And I hope those assholes who are responsible wind up getting their asses kicked.

CenturySam
09-13-2008, 11:18 PM
i agree, stop throwing the shit.

during that corner, watching on TV i could have swore i saw and heard JimmyB pick up a biggie cup of draft off the pitch, and said something along the lines of 'drink this shit'

tylerdangelo
09-13-2008, 11:19 PM
ya he said " your supposed to drink this". it was good lol.

ricciboy
09-13-2008, 11:21 PM
he was pissed off

tylerdangelo
09-13-2008, 11:23 PM
as a captian i would be too. These are his fans. as captain of my hockey team a while back i remember an incident when a parent through a water bottle at a player of the other team. Its extremely disrespectful. as the captian i can understand why he would get so upset. the whole incident was completely uncalled for

Richard D
09-13-2008, 11:24 PM
The net will go up first, they dont want to lose the sales...

Blazer
09-13-2008, 11:27 PM
Well as far as I’m concerned, bottles shouldn’t be sold inside – cap on or off. Fact remains, people are stupid when they are drunk. That shouldn’t be BMO’s problem but in the interest of everyone, it has to be their problem. If you want water, they should give you a cup with directions to the washrooms. Bottle chucking issue solved.

Blazer
09-13-2008, 11:30 PM

That's all I'm saying. The beer isn’t going anywhere. Implement the net now and people will hate it. Start it fresh for next season if the BS continues this season and everyone will grow accustomed to having it there. Just make it very clear right before kickoff via PA address that a net will be erected if/when problems continue. People will abide if it’s thrown in their face.

nobodybeatsthewiz
09-13-2008, 11:36 PM
i have not read 6 pages of this.......but i dont think it takes as much digesting to come to the conclusion that these fools perpetuate their idiocy onto US SUPPORTERS, via security/cops, who do nothing other than yell, jump and get behind our boys! you morons!

if i were at your level about it i would challange you to come throw shyte against me with your stupid hapless girly fukking arms that cant even chuck 10 rows.....morons! but no.....you're RUINING it for the better of us!

Sonny Cheeba
09-13-2008, 11:38 PM
That's all I'm saying. The beer isn’t going anywhere. Implement the net now and people will hate it. Start it fresh for next season if the BS continues this season and everyone will grow accustomed to having it there. Just make it very clear right before kickoff via PA address that a net will be erected if/when problems continue. People will abide if it’s thrown in their face.

that's a cool idea. if this is what you're getting at: a net that isn't always up,but is there as a threat..... 'you fuck around and the net goes up'. even if this doesn't stop assholes from being assholes, it might piss off the rest of the supporters into calling them out.

Blazer
09-13-2008, 11:44 PM
It works with kids, why can't it work with drunk adults? I'm guessing the hurlers were drunk I suppose?! Seems only natural that people could be so stupid only when under the influence of drugs and alcohol.

tylerdangelo
09-14-2008, 12:01 AM
not sure if they were drunk...they did throw their beers...which are expensive btw.

dupont
09-14-2008, 12:12 AM
That was terrible today when all those beers came down. I felt so let down somehow.

I think the ideas of calling people out and/or pointing people out to security has to be done.

A few months ago a guy in the row in front of me threw a beer and I just yelled at him to not fucking do it. He was a pretty normal looking guy and he looked pretty embarrassed that someone actually called him out for it and said sorry. He shouldn't say sorry to me though because it just hurts everyone in the end. Hopefully he wouldnt do it again but who knows. All I know is that none of us should let anyone get away with it without at least saying something.

Blazer
09-14-2008, 12:22 AM
^You did the right thing.

If you see it happen again but with someone less remorseful, point him out to security because he'll likely do it again.

Blazer
09-14-2008, 12:25 AM
not sure if they were drunk...they did throw their beers...which are expensive btw.

Yeah no shit they're expensive. I haven't bought one since last year. I refuse to support criminal activity, especially when I’m the victim. The beer itself is gross - yet so many people can’t do without for 90 minutes. Shameful.

Dirk Diggler
09-14-2008, 12:43 AM
I remember a lot of posters early on in the season putting on their "gangsta" hats and telling us all to "fuck off" and "not snitch" if we see someone throwing shit towards the pitch. Ummm.....look now ... the problem seems to be getting worse by the week and I don't see them making any alternative efforts to help solve it.

And as much as everyone here would like to disagree, it is quite apparent to me that throwing streamers on the pitch only encourages those inbreds to throw heavier objects as well. Another reason why we should permanently put an end to that ... aside from the fact that it is getting beyond lame now.

Jack
09-14-2008, 12:59 AM
Well, this is not what I've been hearing.

Maybe you guys will end up convincing them that a net is the way to go, but for the time being, the message I'm getting is the "no beer in the stands" rule will probably be put into effect.

I'm putting it forth as a message I got from the people who run the stadium, not as a personal theory of mine.

Draracle
09-14-2008, 01:05 AM
Yeah no shit they're expensive. I haven't bought one since last year. I refuse to support criminal activity, especially when I’m the victim. The beer itself is gross - yet so many people can’t do without for 90 minutes. Shameful.

hey hey hey, lets not go saying bad things about beer. The beer didn't do anything wrong here.

deeznutz
09-14-2008, 01:08 AM
Great fucking job fuckers....WAY TO FUCK IT UP....

Sorry I missed the game today lads I had some shit to take care of....But please point out the lads to me next home game I'd like to show them something and give them a clear message along with my "Friend"......And if they read the board....Take this post how you want it.....

nfitz
09-14-2008, 01:21 AM
... Today in 116 a guy who isn't regularly there decides to get into the act of throwing a beer on the pitch. So he's immediately called every name in the book by the regular supporters and even pointed out to security. What does security do initially? They laugh, like it's some fucking joke. Only after pressing the issue and saying their inaction would be reported to the club did the idiot get removed.Did he get removed? I was not far away, but didn't see where it came from, but saw all the shouting, etc. Good show! It looked to me that nothing was going to happen, and I went back to watching the game.

Was it me or was security pretty light today?

As for the cops, I really don't think it's there job to deal with stuff like this. They are there for crime, etc, big stuff. Watch what happens when a player runs on the pitch. The police just stand there watching, while security does the work.

shaggingscot
09-14-2008, 01:40 AM
Did he get removed? I was not far away, but didn't see where it came from, but saw all the shouting, etc. Good show! It looked to me that nothing was going to happen, and I went back to watching the game.

Was it me or was security pretty light today?

As for the cops, I really don't think it's there job to deal with stuff like this. They are there for crime, etc, big stuff. Watch what happens when a player runs on the pitch. The police just stand there watching, while security does the work.

Yeah he eventually got asked to leave.

nascarguy
09-14-2008, 02:48 AM
jack a full cup of beer hit a crew player it was thown from the south west side. I think at the next game I will be my vide cam to flim them and then hand the tape over to tfc

Richard D
09-14-2008, 02:57 AM
maybe a large sign should be considered to be placed at the front row facing the entire section saying something like "Dont throw beer/cups etc at the players or TFC is putting up a net in our face' or something like that to remnd the drunks during the game...

nascarguy
09-14-2008, 03:11 AM
no stop selling beer in the supporter sec seats is a good start

Heathen
09-14-2008, 07:32 AM
they should keep beer out of the seats, then we'll see who the actual supporters are and who's there just to get loaded

Carts
09-14-2008, 07:33 AM
A few things need to be said, and one needs to be cleared up ASAP...

The Metal Object...

JACK - did security show you the metal object thrown from the stands? or tell you about it? And if so, and it was the metal place holder from the seat row (hard metal bracket, decently heavy for a small thing, number 2 on it - which had almost fallen off), THAT WAS NOT THROWN FROM THE STANDS ONTO THE FIELD!

As were jumping and stomping our feet we hear a "clang" and look down. There on the ground is the metal aisle marker for row-2. We immediately passed it forward to the front row, they waved over security, and handed it to him. This was done politely, quietly, and quickly.

Edit - forgot to add that I was the one who actually picked it up, and also saw that it was indeed the aisle-2 marker from my seat, as it was off.

If that's the metal object they're talking about - and I'm pretty sure it probably is, please pass along to them that it was NOT THROWN, it was given to them out of respect for the stadiums property and people's safety.

Heck, a few of us even thought about what a great sovenir it'd be to have - but turned it in...

In your contacts with security, please clarify this point - because it leads to something else I'd like to get into...

Ok, this next part is not a rant about security - I personally like the BMO security staff & a few of them I enjoy seeing every week...

The placement of security & the Toronto Police at 112 is all wrong. The show of force at the front with Police, Security, and the camera guy taping the 1st five rows does NOTHING. Why? Because the beers are flying from the "annonymous fan" from inside the crowd.

Right at the front, we are in viewing and speaking distance with the staff. We chat with Mark, the Security, the Police (rarely but they communicate with us) we are front and centre on tape from the camera - and we're doing nothing. Why? partially because none of us are idiots, but for some maybe its the presence of a Police officer.

Space them out - a few security or police officers (well trained in whats acceptable conduct ie: standing, swearing etc) up the aisle would probably stop 90% of the shit - because the people are wanna be tough guys, who at the first sight of athuority won't do it...

Its just funny how the front of 112 deals with not only the stuff hitting us in the head - but then we're blamed by the police for doing it, and singled out on tape, when its all clearly coming from elsewhere...

CLOSING...

I ended up ranting and didn't want to (that's why I stayed off the boards last night), most important thing is, Jack find out what metal object they're talking about and let them know (if its that aisle marker) it was NOT THROWN, but fell off, and immediately turned into security because we respect them and the job they do, the team, our home, and our fellow supporters...

Thanks guys,
Carts...

KdotOdot
09-14-2008, 07:53 AM
All of this goes away if we owned our own section.

All of it.

dee-spot
09-14-2008, 07:54 AM
I don't think a ban on beer in the South End will accomplish anything. The 'throwing idiots' can still drink beer somewhere in the stadium, and in fact, it will just encourage them to binge drink before the game and during half-time and get even more pissed. Besides that, just because they are throwing beer doesn't mean beer is the problem, they will throw anything. If beer is not available then maybe it will be a coke or a slice of pizza or whatever else they can find. I am afraid that a net may be the only answer but that still doesn't protect the fans within the net because the idiots will still continue to throw things. On another note I think it's time to get rid of the streamers on corner kicks. I am surprised we have gotten away with it this far. It was a laugh for awhile but now I think we should just stick to verbal abuse and stop throwing things altogether.

Reddevil39
09-14-2008, 08:19 AM
I was at the top of 113 and watched the cups fly on to the pitch with disqust! This shit has got to stop!

Blazer
09-14-2008, 08:21 AM
Carts - I had my doubts about the whole metal throwing business too. It seemed over exaggerated when evidence could not be presented instead “pieces of the tin floor” were ripped up was all that was offered?! Seemed curious at the time.

If this is dumbed right down to nothing more than beer flinging than all will have been forgotten and forgiven if it stops immediately. Otherwise, if evidence of "metal throwing" arise – then surely more is to come from a security standpoint.

Your account has probably settled a few rumours. Thanks.

Blazer
09-14-2008, 08:25 AM
I don't think a ban on beer in the South End will accomplish anything. The 'throwing idiots' can still drink beer somewhere in the stadium, and in fact, it will just encourage them to binge drink before the game and during half-time and get even more pissed. Besides that, just because they are throwing beer doesn't mean beer is the problem, they will throw anything. If beer is not available then maybe it will be a coke or a slice of pizza or whatever else they can find. I am afraid that a net may be the only answer but that still doesn't protect the fans within the net because the idiots will still continue to throw things. On another note I think it's time to get rid of the streamers on corner kicks. I am surprised we have gotten away with it this far. It was a laugh for awhile but now I think we should just stick to verbal abuse and stop throwing things altogether.

I agree on all points 100% - good post.

tylerdangelo
09-14-2008, 08:54 AM
I agree on all points 100% - good post.

i second that my man. As much as a net would completely suck ass...if there is no other way to stop the abuse of the other players then what has to be done will be done.

Ratven
09-14-2008, 09:04 AM
If we get a net, I hope its one of those crazy mexican style fences, so we can all run up and start climbing it like crazies when we score!!!

But seriously, beer/object throwing has to stop.

FluSH
09-14-2008, 09:06 AM
has someone actually mentioned something to you about a beer ban?

We've had this mentioned numerous times... also one of the Beer Stand guys warned us along time ago that they were going to stop selling beer in the stands as The LCBO board was concerned with over consumption... well they did... you can't buy a beer in the stands anymore in the South End.

Richard D
09-14-2008, 09:20 AM
Maybe we can compromise with the league and put something like this to protect the players taking the corner...

http://www.prokicker.com/catalog/images/New%20New%20net.jpg

Like that we can carry on business as usual and the players have protection from beer cups and seat markers...lol

Maple Leaf Red
09-14-2008, 09:24 AM
I think I was standing with Carts at the game so yeah, the metal object wasn't thrown. We turned around, found it, thought about pocketing it, and then turned it in because we are stellar fucking citizens.

As for the beer, if you don't think that they'll ban beer sales then you're living in a fantasy land. I went to Cruefest a couple of weeks ago and because of problems with liquor sales the Molson Amphitheatre was dry for the night so it is definitely not out of the realm of possibility.

I was in the first row yesterday and was frankly stunned to see the beers sail over my head. Glad to see that the lads in 116 actually did something about beer throwing. It's beyond stupid.

Maple Leaf Red
09-14-2008, 09:26 AM
they should keep beer out of the seats, then we'll see who the actual supporters are and who's there just to get loaded
Exactly, I have a beer each half to lubricate the vocal chords but I could not be arsed otherwise.

Also, maybe the metal object part of the thread title should be removed since it didn't happen.

Jack
09-14-2008, 09:30 AM
From what I understand Carts, there was another metal object thrown that was not the seat row marker, but that was just hearsay so I won't rely on that. Definitely the seat marker was shown to me by security.

Still, there have been more than just beer cups thrown in the past, including batteries (I had one land near my feet a few weeks ago).

As to dee-spot's comments, I don't know if a ban on beer will stop the throwing or not. That's not the point I'm trying to make here. I'm trying to say that the perception is that stopping beer in supporters sections will help curtail some of the more blatant idiocy that occurs. Whether that's true or not is obviously open to debate.

But that's the step that is being proposed.

Oblio2
09-14-2008, 09:35 AM
Much like most of you, I find the fact that people are throwing beer, bottles and more on the field and towards players quite perplexing. As a fan of the EPL and being born and raised in England, I know the trouble they had with crowds and that the use of CCTV, to effectively weed out the trouble has helped immensley. This isn't a post to discuss England and their problem but moreso to discuss our problem. Throwing things is unnaceptable. In any form.
I did not agree with throwing streamers. Throwing things onto the field of play, that can ultimately affect the game is awful. Imagine if at a Raptors game, a streamer hit Kobe, as he is making his layup-The NBA would go mad.
Anyway, I think the reason we now have a problem, and lets face it...we have a problem is because:

a) We are not admitting we have a problem with people thowing things. Not us, as RPB but fans as a whole. Ultimately, we as fans wanted the expereince to be crazy and fun, and atmosphere that other teams would hate. We wanted averyone to go crazy. Well, unfortunately, we have created a beast which is now on it's way out of control. People come to games, want to get crazy, have too much booze and have seen others throwing beers, bottles atc and think it's cool.
We need to make sure that when this happens, when people throw stuff on the field....we point them out. We dont clap, we dont laugh, we dont cheer. We let them know it's unnaceptable. All supporters groups should come together to let everyone know, it's unnaceptable.

b) MLSE was worried. Worried about the fans. We are the Model franchise, right? We have the best, rowdiest, craziest fans, right? Well, MLSE doesn't want to piss off all those fans that are snapping up season tickets so, they wait...they wait for the MLS to do something about the streamers, to give them direction. Well, you waited too long. Yeah, a few people have been banned, but what difference does it make when you are trying to ban someone who is at their first game. They need to do something about this. Stop trying to appease the fans and do what needs to be done. They should have outlawed streamers from the get go. They should Install CCTV around the Stadium. Anyone seen throwing an object gets removed. Life-long ban from all MLSE property and if ever caught on MLSE property again, charged with trespassing.

c) MLS. Much like the reasons above, Garber sees us a model franchise...we have the best fans. Hell, it's probably the only reason we got the All Star Game. The MLS doesn't want to piss fans off. However, with that said I imagine that they will be coming to the end of their rope, very soon. As mentioned in another thread, Beer will not be sold in the south End, nets will be put up and if a player is hit with anything, the team will be hit with sanctions. i.e not allowed in NA Champions League, points deducted.

We are garnering a bad reputation now, which is not what we want. We want people to know us, we want people to talk about us as fans and as a club but not in a negative way. Unfortunately, it's happening. We have created a monster and are in trouble of losing control of that beast, it's time to reel it in.

**Edit
And it bemuses me that people are upset we are not allowed to throw Flares!

Sonny Cheeba
09-14-2008, 09:42 AM
And as to the other objects being thrown: you need to be convinced to see the water bottles? Because they definitely were there today.
I also personally saw the big piece of metal that was thrown. I'm not making it up, dude. It's happening.

From what I understand Carts, there was another metal object thrown that was not the seat row marker,but that was just hearsay so I won't rely on that. Definitely the seat marker was shown to me by security.

Still, there have been more than just beer cups thrown in the past, including batteries (I had one land near my feet a few weeks ago).

so you didn't personally see the metal object thrown?

Sonny Cheeba
09-14-2008, 09:46 AM
We've had this mentioned numerous times... also one of the Beer Stand guys warned us along time ago that they were going to stop selling beer in the stands as The LCBO board was concerned with over consumption... well they did... you can't buy a beer in the stands anymore in the South End.

oh yeah that's right.i remember him coming on here to give us the heads up and a whole bunch of people being assholes to him.

Jack
09-14-2008, 09:46 AM
As I said, the big piece of metal I saw that was allegedly thrown has been cleared up by Carts. I personally saw that big piece of metal.

The other one was hearsay. I was told that a piece of the stand was thrown, to which I responded that it had been the seat marker I had been shown a few minutes prior and was told that no, it had been something else.

But as I said, this was hearsay.

The seat marker was what I actually saw with my own eyes, but this has been cleared up now and I've already sent an email to management to make sure they know it wasn't thrown and I have changed the thread title in light of the new information ;)

Sonny Cheeba
09-14-2008, 09:52 AM
oh word. both of those things being referred to as metal objects confused me i guess.... i just woke up too.

who told you another piece of metal was thrown? security?

111_DrummerBoy
09-14-2008, 09:55 AM
I haven't read through all 7 pages of this post so I am not sure if this was already brought up, but there is a dude in 111 that thinks it's funny to toss 12 dollar beers at authority figures. I am pretty sure it's the same guy as it's always around the time in the game and same target.

A few weeks ago when Mark was talking to Jack (I think it was Jack - don't remember now), a beer got launched from 111 and nailed Mark on the arm. I thought that was it for beer in 111 right there.

Yesteday another beer was launched from 111 and nailed a cop square in the face standing infront of 112. I can probably count about 4 or 5 cops that were hit with beer this season.

Out of all the throwing shit inncidents, this is the most retarded. A cop is going to get injured and we're all fucked that point.

Richard D
09-14-2008, 10:01 AM
Starting next game there has to be self policing. If you see someone throw shit, its time to take things into your own hands. If you like beer or watching the game without an net in front of you, this is the only solution.

rocker
09-14-2008, 10:02 AM
i thought people said beer prices too high???? ;)
guess when yer drunk you don't realize you're throwing $10s on the field.

Jack
09-14-2008, 10:04 AM
oh word. both of those things being referred to as metal objects confused me i guess.... i just woke up too.

who told you another piece of metal was thrown? security?

Another supporter...whose name I can't remember now.:o

I haven't read through all 7 pages of this post so I am not sure if this was already brought up, but there is a dude in 111 that thinks it's funny to toss 12 dollar beers at authority figures. I am pretty sure it's the same guy as it's always around the time in the game and same target.

A few weeks ago when Mark was talking to Jack (I think it was Jack - don't remember now), a beer got launched from 111 and nailed Mark on the arm. I thought that was it for beer in 111 right there.

Yesteday another beer was launched from 111 and nailed a cop square in the face standing infront of 112. I can probably count about 4 or 5 cops that were hit with beer this season.

Out of all the throwing shit inncidents, this is the most retarded. A cop is going to get injured and we're all fucked that point.

Yeah...it's going to happen. We all hate when the cops are heavy-handed and act like assholes, but to rain beer down on them is not going to improve their disposition.

Starting next game there has to be self policing. If you see someone throw shit, its time to take things into your own hands. If you like beer or watching the game without an net in front of you, this is the only solution.

This is some truth.

FluSH
09-14-2008, 10:10 AM
oh yeah that's right.i remember him coming on here to give us the heads up and a whole bunch of people being assholes to him.

Yup... I met the guy an encouraged him to come on the boards and he did... everyone laughed at his warnings of beer not beign served on the stands... who is laughing now?!

koryo
09-14-2008, 10:12 AM
We've been given enough rope to hang ourselves in the stands for awhile now -- since the beginning really. Naturally, you'll never fail to find a knuckle-dragging twat who insists on hanging not just himself, but everyone around him.

All because we have people in the stands who can't hold their booze. Don't know who they are, or even if they're in this group. Wouldn't be surprised if they were.

I'm with Richard D on this one: you see anything of this sort, surround the fucker and get him ejected.

Exiled Red said it over a year ago: keep this shit up and up go the nets. While you're at it you can put paid to having a beer in the stands.

dannyd
09-14-2008, 10:16 AM
Maybe you should all stop being so cheap and buy tickets in the 120's leave the south stand to the teenagers.

wow I've never seen so many grown men crying over a little aggro...

Jack
09-14-2008, 10:18 AM
Maybe you should all stop being so cheap and buy tickets in the 120's leave the south stand to the teenagers.

A little aggro?

What the hell's wrong with you?

So you like throwing stuff at/on the pitch then?

FluSH
09-14-2008, 10:19 AM

Cheap? Guess how much money we spend on banners, roadtrips, drums, and the tailgates?!?

You have no fucking idea... so think before you call someone cheap.

koryo
09-14-2008, 10:19 AM

Think before you post, Be clear, concise or don't fucking bother.

Roogsy
09-14-2008, 10:20 AM

Gotta say I like this idea. Get the guys there for the party to move on to their frat house or something...

FluSH
09-14-2008, 10:20 AM
This banana is callign us cheap?! HILARIOUS!

Roogsy
09-14-2008, 10:22 AM

Or...or....we could just get rid of the stupid teenagers!

Wow...talk about a stupid post.

Roogsy
09-14-2008, 10:26 AM
This banana is callign us cheap?! HILARIOUS!

My guess is that he hasn't spent a single dime helping support his team other than his tickets and his beer.

Anyone here ever seen him on a trip? Helping on a banner? He's probably one of the guys there for the party and not to give support. So I would take his comments with a grain of salt...as you toss it in the trash.

Sonny Cheeba
09-14-2008, 10:26 AM
did someone just get called a banana? that's what's HILARIOUS!

Roogsy
09-14-2008, 10:28 AM

And we wonder why the cops are all worked up while working our section?

Idiots. I hope one of them gets a nightstick over the head.

adamdz
09-14-2008, 10:30 AM
did someone just get called a banana? that's what's HILARIOUS!

LOL, thats a good way to start my day (reading that). I'm gonna start calling people bananas now.

Bloor West FC
09-14-2008, 10:39 AM
Well all the bananas throwing beer should be ejected! I know they have a hard time finding them but I would not mind cameras on the stands just to catch idiots that ruin things for all of us!!!! Screw them all that are idiots throwing objects on the field I pay to watch football not assholes in the stands that attract police action.

Pigfynn
09-14-2008, 11:07 AM
I saw two beers thrown from 114 yesterday...security was already looking down from the top, watching the whole section...there is no way they didn't see who it was.

They did nothing, they were more concerned about cigerette smoking.

If you can't handle your drink, please stay home..you just look retarded and act it too.

MrHawk
09-14-2008, 11:14 AM
I guess it's only a matter of time before the South End becomes "Beer free". But that won't stop them from throwing beer at players during throw-ins.

Best way to solve this, raise the price of beer outside the Patio area to $100 a can.

As Chris Rock, all bullets should cost $5000, you wanna know why? Cause if a bullet cost $5000 there would be no more innocent bystanders. People would think twice "Man I would pop a cap in your ass, if I could afford it. I'm gonna get me a job, start saving some money and you a dead man. You better hope I can get no bullets on lay-away.

The funny thing, is that these people bought their tickets from a scalper more than likely and come in to ruin the experience. Perhaps this is MLSE's plan to get rid of us? Pay people to act like idiots in the south end. CONSPIRACIES.

ricciboy
09-14-2008, 11:30 AM
And we wonder why the cops are all worked up while working our section?

Idiots. I hope one of them gets a nightstick over the head.

everygame we have 2 cops in the front of our section then at half its like 6 then 8 its whacked

ricciboy
09-14-2008, 11:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxTlB0D11l8&sdig=1

LxTlB0D11l8&sdig=1

Kickit09
09-14-2008, 11:47 AM
everygame we have 2 cops in the front of our section then at half its like 6 then 8 its whacked

dont forget about the 4 that were right in the middle standing in the aisle and there were 2 more at the top looking down. i counted about 10 in total at one point... its geting rediculous.

Pyeddo
09-14-2008, 11:51 AM
Sorta off/along the topic here... but does anyone know who flies the Black fist/Red background flag in 115? (Think its the firm?)

They were trying to get someone ejected for launching beers on the pitch to no avail... looked kinda funny seeing 10 dudes jumping around pointing and having security not give a flying fuck.

James Oliphant
09-14-2008, 12:01 PM
The Firm resides in 116. But that is their logo.

http://thefirm116.com/

I don't know how this thread has gone to 8 pages...it's simple really. You don't throw ANYTHING on the pitch. If you see someone doing it, get them the fuck out of there.

End of.

Ron Manager
09-14-2008, 12:06 PM
dont forget about the 4 that were right in the middle standing in the aisle and there were 2 more at the top looking down. i counted about 10 in total at one point... its geting rediculous.

It only seems ridiculous to those who are behaving, which is of course the vast majority. But think of it from their point of view. There are a few idiots in there throwing shit AT THEM. Of course they will put more cops there to identify and arrest them. Throwing a beer at a cop is ASSAULTING the cop. It will land the idiots in jail and they deserve it.
We need to distance ouselves from the behaviour of these assholes and make sure the club and the security/cops know it is not "The Redpatch Boys" or any other supporters group that does this. It is a few twits who can't hold there drinks (in more ways than one). I'm afraid that we need to start calling these guys out and getting them ejected. It's for our own sake, let's face it, half the beers that are thrown end up on the supporters in the first 10 rows anyways.
MLSE will crack down on this. They will have to. They can't afford to have their liquor licence suspended due to the poor behaviour of people drinking on their premises.
This shit has to stop. It is immature, embarassing, stupid and in the end, it will e detrimental to eveyone's gameday experience when the club is forced to take action to curtail it.
End rant.

Richard D
09-14-2008, 12:09 PM
if you want to be non-confontational, here's a system to employ. Go to the dollar store and pick up a laser pointer for a dollar... Let security know that you will point the laser pointer on the back or front of the person that threw shit on the field. Whenever shit goes down, some guy is going to have 1o red dots on his back and security is going to go up to him and throw him out. In a couple of games, the section will be cleaned up...

I just like the idea of some guy having all these red dots on him after he throws a beer on the field... lol

Sonny Cheeba
09-14-2008, 12:10 PM
we can't tell them that it's NOT the RPB or any other supporters groups. because we don't know that 100%. But we can assure them that as a group their membership privileges will be revoked, etc, etc.

they should be made aware that it's not the stance of the group, and that yes it is a few tits, tits that don't represent the majority.

Sonny Cheeba
09-14-2008, 12:11 PM
if you want to be non-confontational, here's a system to employ. Go to the dollar store and pick up a laser pointer for a dollar... Let security know that you will point the laser pointer on the back or front of the person that threw shit on the field. Whenever shit goes down, some guy is going to have 1o red dots on his back and security is going to go up to him and throw him out. In a couple of games, the section will be cleaned up...

I just like the idea of some guy having all these red dots on him after he throws a beer on the field... lol

can't bring laser pointers into BMO field. well you can smuggle one in, but i believe they are not allowed.

Mark in Ottawa
09-14-2008, 12:12 PM

Well this right here in a nutshell is the problem...
Someone obviously not interested in the beautiful game but intent on being a dickhead.

The problem will only be solved when attitudes like this one are left outside the stadium.

If you see jerks throwing anything on the field call em out and tell security. Getting tossed from the game would most likely have little effect on the intellectually challenged who can't understand that this behaviour is wrong but a charge of public mischief and a fine might be a good start.

Revocation of seasons tickets might also make some point and get the attention of a few of these idiots.

SLBuu
09-14-2008, 12:12 PM
i brought my cuz from Portugal to the game vs the Crew and when she saw the beer being thrown onto the field the first thing she said was, "You guys are gonna get fined for this, why are they throwing BEER?".

The fines will come...........

way to support your team.

Ron Manager
09-14-2008, 12:23 PM
According to info my brother in law received from BMO staff..the club gets fined every time an object is thrown on the field. I believe it has been happening all season.
And yet people complain about ticket price hikes.....hmmm.

Kickit09
09-14-2008, 12:24 PM
another thing, when its time to build a new stadium in 20,30, however many years, do you guys think the supporter section is going to be as close to the pitch as it is now. i dont think so.

JDG
09-14-2008, 12:36 PM
I'm having a really tough time understanding how we've been unable to identify the pricks that are chucking the beer from within 112.
It's a no-brainer that the people in front of the beer thrower won't know who it is, but there are people beside and behind the idiot.
If it's a matter of not wanting to be known as a snitch, contact Jack and ask to remain anonymous.

Richard D
09-14-2008, 12:41 PM
nobody has wanted to be a snitch. But now that it looks like if joe blow throws cups on the field is going to cost me to enjoy a nice cold beer in the hot sun while watching our beloved TFC play, well then, you're a jabroni that is going to get the boot if I see you doing it.

Fuck the jabronis...

Detroit_TFC
09-14-2008, 12:43 PM
People need to call out this shit. If the people doing this get hassled by the people around them they will stop. Unfortunately, this will mean the whole South End is going to look like one big aggro until they get the message, but that's what it may take. There are some alternatives if people feel this is not their job: nets, security up and down the stairs in every section, Prem style, no beer sales and no access to the rest of the stadium. Take your pick.

BMO - if our people start calling out the assholes who are doing this then you have to do something about it. The moment the beer leaves their hands your security should have them out of their seat.

Richard D
09-14-2008, 12:46 PM
Jack should let security know that we're going to start pointing out who threw it. Make sure the second a cup lands at some players feet to send security over and people will direct them to the jabronis...

Rock bottoms all round for the beer throwing jabronis...

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/e/ee/250px-Rockbottom.jpg