He wears sweater number 2.

TFCREDNWHITE
09-13-2008, 02:27 PM
Also Check out the article on Rangers' website

Edu Debut Joy..

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,5~1391857,00.html

sweetlemon69
09-13-2008, 05:21 PM
Keep the posts coming. Proud of him. If he played today against Columbus, you can bet your ass we would have seen what rangers seen in him on the pitch today.

shwade
09-13-2008, 05:37 PM
There'd be no space for him on our starting lineup today anyway.
Robbo and Guevara's partnership is really strong now.

Ron Manager
09-13-2008, 07:16 PM
Atta boy Mo. Do us and yourself proud.

tfc_4_ever
09-13-2008, 07:47 PM
love the thread title lmao

Good for edu make us proudmate

ilikemusic
09-13-2008, 08:25 PM
How is this TFC related?!?!

:p

NateDoGG
09-13-2008, 09:06 PM
Mo Edu is the most overrated american soccer player

ensco
09-14-2008, 03:18 PM
Mo Edu is the most overrated american soccer player

Not according to Mo Johnston, who says he's "easily the best young player in the US"!

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Squad/Profiles/0,,5~44415,00.html

Pachuco
09-14-2008, 04:25 PM
Good for Mo. Anybody know how much he's making? I know the transfer was 5 mill but I never heard how much he would get payed this season.

zeelaw
09-14-2008, 04:41 PM
Keep us updated.

Keep it up Mo

ensco
09-14-2008, 09:56 PM
Good for Mo. Anybody know how much he's making? I know the transfer was 5 mill but I never heard how much he would get payed this season.

Mo Johnston said he would make "7 or 8 times" what he made in MLS....Edu was on US$150K so that implies US$1.0-1.2 million

GabrielHurl
09-15-2008, 11:06 AM
From a Rangers fan I know

Also, not holding back here but Edu, $5m, holy f**k he better get his finger out !

He looks like a lost boy in the midfield, his touch was shocking, looks clumsy in the tackle and only plus point was his pace !

Think Mo Johnston has stung us here

LucaGol
09-15-2008, 12:21 PM
From a Rangers fan I know

We knew this already ...

It was only a matter of time before Edu got "figured" out.

I kind of feel sorry for him tbh ... too much, too fast for a player of his talent level. (or lack of talent level)

I mean ... there's a reason why the Diego's and Thiago Neves' of the world go to Werder Bremen and Hamburg (no disrespect) and not straight to Real, Man.U or Juventus.

(It's not quite the same with Edu, but you get my drift ... there should be a gradual progression of where a player moves teams and adds challenges to best build his talents and to not overwhelm him all at once. A last place MLS team for about 40 games straight to a CL worthy team is hardly logical progression)

It's also similar to Dale Mitchell's predicament in a way ... got hired for a job he wasn't qualified for.... oh well.

Oldtimer
09-15-2008, 01:02 PM
Think Mo Johnston has stung us here "Trader Mo" strikes again!:cool:

Ossington Mental Youth
09-15-2008, 01:35 PM
We knew this already ...

It was only a matter of time before Edu got "figured" out.

I kind of feel sorry for him tbh ... too much, too fast for a player of his talent level. (or lack of talent level)

I mean ... there's a reason why the Diego's and Thiago Neves' of the world go to Werder Bremen and Hamburg (no disrespect) and not straight to Real, Man.U or Juventus.

Diegos was being scouted by Chelsea and Bremen aint such a bad place to be especially at his age. Diego came from Porto too, both relatively big teams for their regions. Just cuz they are currently there doesnt mean they wont move in the future. Look how long it took for people to catch on to Berbatov. Dude played for bayer leverkusen for a number of years.

ochos
09-15-2008, 02:13 PM
5.96 in his first match.. not too shabby

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/live_text/6273209.stm

VPjr
09-15-2008, 04:43 PM
There'd be no space for him on our starting lineup today anyway.
Robbo and Guevara's partnership is really strong now.

except that I'd rather have Edu than Robbo.

I_AM_CANADIAN
09-15-2008, 05:02 PM
I think Edu looked better in red...

:(

LucaGol
09-15-2008, 07:03 PM
Diegos was being scouted by Chelsea and Bremen aint such a bad place to be especially at his age. Diego came from Porto too, both relatively big teams for their regions. Just cuz they are currently there doesnt mean they wont move in the future. Look how long it took for people to catch on to Berbatov. Dude played for bayer leverkusen for a number of years.

I think you missed my point.

Diego and Thiago Neves will undboutebdly end up at one of the big clubs.

Point is .... they're plying their trade and second tier clubs in the world of European football first ... so that there is a natural and gradual progression of themselves as players and as people.

Unless a player is brought up through the youth ranks of a team (ie Leo Messi) its very difficult for younger players to go straight from their club of development ... straight into a top 5 team right away. Obviously there exist exceptions, but I believe they are rare.

Getting back to Edu ... going from TFC to Rangers ... after only having played 40 odd games or so ... is hardly natural progression. I believe it will hurt him more in the long run. Some people may disagree with this notion, no doubt.

jloome
09-17-2008, 01:57 AM

Point is .... they're plying their trade and second tier clubs in the world of European football first ... so that there is a natural and gradual progression of themselves as players and as people.

Unless a player is brought up through the youth ranks of a team (ie Leo Messi) its very difficult for younger players to go straight from their club of development ... straight into a top 5 team right away. Obviously there exist exceptions, but I believe they are rare.

Getting back to Edu ... going from TFC to Rangers ... after only having played 40 odd games or so ... is hardly natural progression. I believe it will hurt him more in the long run. Some people may disagree with this notion, no doubt.

Mo is still raw talent unharnessed; is he best as a dm, a box to box, a central defender? The US Nats seem to feel the latter, in his frist year with us he was box to box, he was pithched to Walter Smith as a dm;

I think it says a lot about the lack of sense in a purchase when the player you're buying is 24 and they still don't really have a clue where he fits best. It's quite the 'project' purchase, an experiment that Smith probably thinks has the added benefit of giving Beasely someone from back home to hang with, getting more out of both players as a result.

brad
09-17-2008, 05:57 AM

To back your point, Diego had a very poor first season in Europe while he was adjusting. There were big question marks whether or not he would be able to succeed at that level.

LucaGol
09-17-2008, 06:30 AM
To back your point, Diego had a very poor first season in Europe while he was adjusting. There were big question marks whether or not he would be able to succeed at that level.

Exactly, even Porto appeared too big of a jump for him. (from Santos I guess) If he had stayed there, or heaven forbid gone to a bigger club ... he may have ruined his career.

But now look at him .. he's spent time at Bremen .. become a full Brazil international, is a second tier superstar ... pretty well known ... his talents and maturity have all progressed.

Im sure even though he's proclaimed he's seeing out his contract at Bremen till 2011, he'll be gone next season.

Keegan
09-20-2008, 12:08 AM
"Also, not holding back here but Edu, $5m, holy f**k he better get his finger out !

He looks like a lost boy in the midfield, his touch was shocking, looks clumsy in the tackle and only plus point was his pace !

Think Mo Johnston has stung us here"

Haha. Knew that was coming. I thought he would have maybe had a couple good games before he stood out as being poor. But guess not. Definitely going to be SPL bust of the year.

I have nothing against Edu. He's just not very good, average MLS player at best. Awful touch, awful passer, good pace, decent shot, lazy, cocky.

With that said I wish him luck, he'll need it because he is going to be torn up soon.

Keegan
09-20-2008, 12:10 AM
Mo is still raw talent unharnessed; is he best as a dm, a box to box, a central defender? The US Nats seem to feel the latter, in his frist year with us he was box to box, he was pithched to Walter Smith as a dm;

I think it says a lot about the lack of sense in a purchase when the player you're buying is 24 and they still don't really have a clue where he fits best. It's quite the 'project' purchase, an experiment that Smith probably thinks has the added benefit of giving Beasely someone from back home to hang with, getting more out of both players as a result.

That was an ugly 10 minute experience by TFC vs. Vancouver. :(
Literally he was at CB for 30 seconds and he made a brutal blunder that gave them the tying goal.

TFCREDNWHITE
10-06-2008, 02:49 PM
Does anyone know what has happened to Maurice Edu?? He is not even listed on Rangers' roster for the past three weeks??

Has he been loaned out??

justin
10-06-2008, 02:52 PM
Does anyone know what has happened to Maurice Edu?? He is not even listed on Rangers' roster for the past three weeks??

Has he been loaned out??

he's on the site

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Squad/Profiles/0,,5~44415,00.html

BuSaPuNk
10-06-2008, 02:55 PM

Has he been loaned out??

They still have him on there site: http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Squad/Profiles/0,,5~44415,00.html

canadian_bhoy
10-06-2008, 02:59 PM

Has he been loaned out??

He was an unused sub last week and didn't make the bench this week for Rangers 1-0 defeat to St. Mirren. Nothing special going on.

TFCREDNWHITE
10-06-2008, 03:01 PM
I know he's listed on the main rangers website, but look at the official line-ups from the last 3 games rangers have played, he's not listed as suiting up or sitting on the bench....

NF-FC
10-06-2008, 03:41 PM
I hope their check already cleared