PDA

View Full Version : There's a match on Saturday. Remember?

Jack
09-11-2008, 09:02 AM
Everyone's been in a foul mood.

We've had hatred towards Guevara, the CSA, Dale Mitchell, MLS, Montreal and a million other targets.

But we've got a match on Saturday.

Let's remember why we're all here.

Sometimes we lose sight of the fact that we've got footy to support.

So let's get into it for Saturday. Sing loud and proud. Fuck Columbus!

Come on you Reds!

I just watched this video and went through the slideshow on Flickr this morning and it helped lift my spirits...try it.

y70baI7znvk

http://www.flickr.com/groups/red_patch_boys/pool/show/

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
09-11-2008, 09:07 AM
Lets GETR DONE!!!

Damien
09-11-2008, 09:08 AM
If you've got an issue, here's a tissue.

GO REDS.... WE CAN WIN THIS ONE, BOYS!

Razor
09-11-2008, 09:10 AM
anyone know if they are doing the Capo again for this game?

we need to sing loud and proud.

i want to drown out those fuckers from Columbus.

Don Julio
09-11-2008, 09:12 AM
The Trillium Cup is on the line!

Jack

i want to drown out those fuckers from Columbus.

I'm pretty sure it will be there.

Razor
^^ cool..thanks.

Bluenose13

i want to drown out those fuckers from Columbus.The Capo will be there.

With a win on Saturday we can pull within 3 points of a playoff spot & make the last month of the season very exciting.

stugautz
09-11-2008, 09:13 AM
C-R-E

W

Sorry Excuse for a fuckin' crew!

Bluenose13
09-11-2008, 09:15 AM
If we win 2-0 will there be penalty's to decide the Trillium cup?

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
09-11-2008, 09:17 AM

wont need it!!

RUIZ with the trick!:hump:

welcome to toronto!

Bluenose13
09-11-2008, 09:18 AM
wont need it!!

RUIZ with the trick!:hump:Wouldn't that be sweet.......With over 100 Crew fans here to watch it :p

Damien
09-11-2008, 09:19 AM
I wanna hit Schlongo over the head with the trillium cup

rocker
09-11-2008, 09:25 AM
ruiz scored two last night for Guatemala.

Ossington Mental Youth
09-11-2008, 09:27 AM
real talk.
I fucking HATE columbus.
HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE
FUCK THOSE CUNTS

111_DrummerBoy
09-11-2008, 10:01 AM
CREW...

Cheating
Racist
Eaters-of-Shit
Wankers?

Carts
09-11-2008, 10:01 AM

Yes there will be... Or I should say, should be...

Trillium Cup...
2-0 Columbus in Columbus...
0-0 Draw in Toronto...

With a 2-0 win, we're in a dead heat... Even a 3-1 win isn't good enough as Columbus would have the away goals lead... (is that right???)

Let's pray for a 3-0 win (tough yes) or a 2-0 win and a penalty victory right infront of us in the south end...

Carts...

Jay P
09-11-2008, 10:02 AM
bah... going to miss this one cause of work :(

hopefully i can catch a bit of the 2nd half on tv

Maple Leaf Red
09-11-2008, 10:06 AM
ruiz scored two last night for Guatemala.
Oh wow...I can't wait for this game.

Fort York Redcoat
09-11-2008, 10:13 AM
I'll pretend the Trillium Cup never existed and enjoy the game.
I want to see Schelotto cry.
Lets help put this team where they belong. The bottom with their fans.

BuSaPuNk
09-11-2008, 10:26 AM
Wow that brought tears to my eyes!!! Come on you reds!!!

giambac
09-11-2008, 10:28 AM

We've had hatred towards Guevara, the CSA, Dale Mitchell, MLS, Montreal and a million other targets.

Come on you Reds!

I just watched this video and went through the slideshow on Flickr this morning and it helped lift my spirits...try it.

y70baI7znvk

TFC will not disappoint us this weekend. They will be up for the challenge.

bangersandmash
09-11-2008, 10:32 AM
To the tune of Beastie Boys (you gotta) Fight For Your Right (To Party)...

He's gonna dive (clap clap)
and cry (clap clap)
Schooooleeeeeeeeto!

flatpicker
09-11-2008, 10:34 AM
Let's bring the business!

Loud and proud folks!

Bluenose13
09-11-2008, 10:44 AM
To the tune of Beastie Boys (you gotta) Fight For Your Right (To Party)...

He's gonna dive (clap clap)
and cry (clap clap)
Schooooleeeeeeeeto!That's pretty good :thumbsup:

adamdz
09-11-2008, 10:46 AM
The weekend can't get here fast enough.

GhostPK
09-11-2008, 11:04 AM
I hate CREW more then any other team in the MLS.

MG42
09-11-2008, 11:15 AM
I CAN'T see another team hoist another trophy on our field...even if it is the Trillium Cup!

RPB_Brantford_08
09-11-2008, 11:25 AM
we can drown the Crew with the rain on Saturday or at least wash bill archers mouth out.....The Reds will pick up max point this saturday!!! go you reds!!!!

ManUtd4ever
09-11-2008, 11:35 AM
I'll be there enjoying a few beers, singing, chanting, stomping, and berating the officials as usual :p

I'm anxious to see the revamped TFC lineup perform at BMO for the first time. I am confident that the boys will rise to the occasion on Saturday!

jloome
09-11-2008, 11:43 AM
Oh wow...I can't wait for this game.

And Barrett says he can go 90 mins now for the first time in his career, due to strength conditioning for hydration. Given the number of chances he creates, that could mean an extra goal a game.

Fucking Columbus Few. Hate 'em. 2-0 TFC.

Ivan
09-11-2008, 11:49 AM
Kan't stand
Kolumbus
Krew

Gobi
09-11-2008, 11:51 AM
Screw the Crew.

Maybe I'll actually go to my real seats just to harrass the 4 or 5 travelling fans.
Meh.

3-0 Toronto!

Red Rat
09-11-2008, 02:24 PM
Remember there will be about 100 Crew fans here, to screw.... over, never mind.
But they are coming!

TFC Cityboy
09-11-2008, 02:25 PM
strap the bastards down and shave their heads at the tailgate ;)

PaulinosTFC
09-11-2008, 02:31 PM
Was the capo there for the Chivas game on the weekend? The chants were definitely not as loud as usual on tv, this was prob. due to the fact that most of you wasted your weekend going to Montreal! Once again, I feel really bad for all that went, I would have been en-raged.

invictusTFC
09-11-2008, 02:49 PM
Was the capo there for the Chivas game on the weekend? The chants were definitely not as loud as usual on tv, this was prob. due to the fact that most of you wasted your weekend going to Montreal! Once again, I feel really bad for all that went, I would have been en-raged.

True... I can't remember a time TFC needed more support than the game against Chivas... The difference in the atmosphere at BMO was palpable.

werewolf
09-11-2008, 02:55 PM
we better make something of this game, could be my last until next season.

Jack
09-11-2008, 02:59 PM
I didn't feel as though I wasted my weekend. It was tough, for sure, but I supported my country.

Frustrating, disappointing, many things. But wasted? Not for me.

Hitcho
09-11-2008, 03:03 PM

Come on you Reds!

y70baI7znvk

That My Town re-work is superb, like it a lot. What about this for a south end song:

Bring the wind to
Carry me over
TO's my team
It's my town

Tell me when that
Breeze is blowing
Toronto's my team
It's my town

It's a good pace for the south end to be able to take it up together, not too fast. (I know this should be in the chants forum, but I'm responding to Jack's posting of the My Town link...)

Torcida
09-11-2008, 03:05 PM
Really looking forward to the game. Because that's what fans do, no matter how shit your team is.

Jack
09-11-2008, 03:12 PM
That My Town re-work is superb, like it a lot. What about this for a south end song:

Bring the wind to
Carry me over
TO's my team
It's my town

Tell me when that
Breeze is blowing
Toronto's my team
It's my town

It's a good pace for the south end to be able to take it up together, not too fast. (I know this should be in the chants forum, but I'm responding to Jack's posting of the My Town link...)

Well, I don't think we need to change the lyrics (especially since those lyrics were work on by TFC supporters in the first place).
But as for singing it, I'm all for it.

invictusTFC
09-11-2008, 03:16 PM
I didn't feel as though I wasted my weekend. It was tough, for sure, but I supported my country.

Frustrating, disappointing, many things. But wasted? Not for me.

I'm just trying to instigate a club vs. country supporter debate... lol

Hitcho
09-11-2008, 03:17 PM
Furry muff. I think it would be an awesome chant for us to take up. It'd be unique, since only TFC fans would sing it, it's a good anthem to just repeat over and over with passion, most people know the tune already, it's a good slow paced song for everyone to unite in and, best of all, it would sound AWESOME to have it ringing out round BMO Field.

I hate the analogy, but it could become our YNWA...

BuSaPuNk
09-11-2008, 03:40 PM
Well, I don't think we need to change the lyrics (especially since those lyrics were work on by TFC supporters in the first place).
But as for singing it, I'm all for it.

Completely agree keep it as is. Jeez this song just pumps you up I don't know if I can wait for Sat. I'll probably rip someones head off before the game!!! lol

trane
09-11-2008, 04:07 PM
I have no feeling about it, I am not sure what the team is going to look like, I am not sure what to expect. I am trying to be positive but at this point, it looks like we have lost our direction and I am not what the plan is to get us out of slump. What are you feelings about the final games of the season?

yellowfellow
09-11-2008, 04:10 PM
I support Toronto FC til I die.

I hope you don't mean that you are a typical Toronto fan and start quitting on the team because they are struggling.

rocktml
09-11-2008, 04:15 PM
Love It!!!!

Tfc! Tfc! Tfc! Tfc!

trane
09-11-2008, 04:15 PM
No, I am not talking about stopping our support for TFC. I just am not sure of what is going on the pitch. What are we going to do of significance to try to salvage this season? I am not even sure how we shall look tommorow, form wise.

Nerepis
09-11-2008, 05:15 PM
The problem I have with "My Town" as the TFC "theme" is that it is too geographically specific. If you want the team to thrive on a national stage (ie. full network coverage with great national ratings) you need to have fans from all parts of Canada take ownership in the team. I'm a huge fan of the Reds but T.O. is not my "home town", I live in the Maritimes, it may have great meaning for you, but there is no comparison between it and YNWA with it's universal themes. A more inclusive song is needed as a theme.

That being said:

Come on you Reds!!!!!

whether we make the playoffs or not, it will be great when we kick the top team in the leagues' ass. Fuck KKKolumbus.

Maple Leaf Red
09-11-2008, 05:15 PM
No, I am not talking about stopping our support for TFC. I just am not sure of what is going on the pitch. What are we going to do of significance to try to salvage this season? I am not even sure how we shall look tommorow, form wise.
Step 1. Actually have starters on the field.
Step 2. Play at home.
Step 3....
Step 4. Profit!

Jack
09-11-2008, 05:30 PM
The problem I have with "My Town" as the TFC "theme" is that it is too geographically specific. If you want the team to thrive on a national stage (ie. full network coverage with great national ratings) you need to have fans from all parts of Canada take ownership in the team. I'm a huge fan of the Reds but T.O. is not my "home town", I live in the Maritimes, it may have great meaning for you, but there is no comparison between it and YNWA with it's universal themes. A more inclusive song is needed as a theme.

That being said:

Come on you Reds!!!!!

whether we make the playoffs or not, it will be great when we kick the top team in the leagues' ass. Fuck KKKolumbus.
I don't care if it becomes YNWA or not, since I don't think we need a YNWA. I like the song. The team is Toronto FC. Toronto. The song is about Toronto FC and Toronto. I'm from Toronto. Born and raised. I love the song.
We don't need it to be a theme. It's just a good song about Toronto and TFC that's fun to sing.

Roogsy
09-11-2008, 05:34 PM
They need to play the song BEFORE the game not after.

Get your act together TFC please...we need TFC to give us some hope after the debacle of the CMNT.

MG42
09-11-2008, 05:35 PM

No, there was no capo for the Chivas game...it was a big let down, I thought it was amazing :)

Nerepis
09-11-2008, 05:37 PM
I don't care if it becomes YNWA or not, since I don't think we need a YNWA. I like the song. The team is Toronto FC. Toronto. The song is about Toronto FC and Toronto. I'm from Toronto. Born and raised. I love the song.
We don't need it to be a theme. It's just a good song about Toronto and TFC that's fun to sing.
Then sing it with all your heart and soul. I'll be singing "Legend TFC" in my living room during the game this weekend. Hopefully you'll be able to hear me up there, for sure I'll hear you guys down here.

Axeman
09-11-2008, 05:52 PM

Come on you Reds!

y70baI7znvk

Rallying the troops! Go Prez!:canada:

Fuck Columbus! Let's run up the score!:hump:

trane
09-11-2008, 06:03 PM
Step 1. Actually have starters on the field.
Step 2. Play at home.
Step 3....
Step 4. Profit!

Agree. You are not bad.........for a Red Scouse.

MisterMacphisto
09-11-2008, 06:17 PM
After last weekend driving to Montreal and being disappointed, the disappointing loss on TV, the debacle with TFC losing many of its players, the loss to Mexico yesterday, I am at an all-time soccer low. For a couple hours last night, I had had enough of soccer.

This morning, I feel a bit better. I am going to go to the game on Saturday and bring my A+ Game.

I just pray that TFC will give us a bit of joy, cause I could really, really, really use it right now. I just want them to have fun, play some good footy and leave it all on the field and I'll be happy, especially with a good result.

I hope Columbus brings 100+ fans. More for me......... to poop on. Seriously, they are in for some fun if they try to push my buttons. :)

Shakes McQueen
09-11-2008, 07:26 PM
COME ON YOU REDS.

I will be there this Saturday, generally being a hooligan. :D

- Scott

BuSaPuNk
09-11-2008, 07:56 PM
I think I have watched that video like 12 times today. Love it. Come on you reds!!!

ricciboy
09-22-2008, 10:18 PM
CREW...

Cheating
Racist
Eaters-of-Shit
Wankers?

love it

Cashcleaner
09-23-2008, 01:03 AM
A win against Houston would go down real well right now.

Super
09-23-2008, 01:53 AM
A win against Houston would go down real well right now.

It would indeed, but would it matter in our chase for the play-offs? That's another question entirely.

Barbarez
09-23-2008, 08:34 AM
Jack Depoe I am voting for you again in the next elections.

nascarguy
09-23-2008, 09:04 AM
I just watch this and it get me going gameday
"Bleed It Out "
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6xPusojAt0

this would be a good song if it was redone for tfc