PDA

View Full Version : Anyone planning to Booing Guevara?

hamiltonfan
09-11-2008, 01:39 AM
Ok guys im not trying to start a bunch of bullshit fighting on the forums but I had to post this. After watching Guevara flop around like that for Hondaras I found my hate for players like him again. This truly doesn’t have anything to do with the result of the game, rather the honest dislike for any players that play like that. I will not support him and do plan on booing him for the first game. Anyone going to join??

nascarguy
09-11-2008, 01:48 AM
no I'm not going to boo any tfc player that does not play for canada mnt.

Benficachop20
09-11-2008, 01:50 AM
pardon my french but that sounds les stupid

Cambridge_Red
09-11-2008, 02:02 AM
No Guevara plays for TFC last time I checked that's the team I support.

Smuttynose
09-11-2008, 04:28 AM
why would you boo a player that's on the team you're supporting? i know people are upset about how he played against canada, but as long as he's not doing that while he's in a TFC jersey, then it's fine with me.

Draracle
09-11-2008, 04:52 AM
I'm planning to cheering TFC.

Don't be a sore loser.

justin
09-11-2008, 05:22 AM
dont go to the game please, stay home and boo your tv

Shakes McQueen
09-11-2008, 05:45 AM
I'm not happy with the way he (and other Hondurans) were flopping around like fish, essentially pissing all over the integrity of the game - regardless of the outcome.

However, on TFC match day, he is one of ours. And as long as he doesn't pull that shit when he's wearing red, I can look past it.

Booing players on your own team just looks goofy. He has been a good player for TFC this season.

- Scott

denime
09-11-2008, 06:06 AM
Booo yourself in front of mirror ,not TFC player who proudly plays for his country.:o

Carts
09-11-2008, 06:23 AM
I will not support him and do plan on booing him for the first game. Anyone going to join??

NO!

I'm not going to boo one of our boys on the pitch - God knows they need our support right now...

Carts...

Eastend
09-11-2008, 06:40 AM
Although I hate that shit also I will not boo. If he starts that shit while wearing TFC red, then we'll talk about booing one of ours.

CretanBull
09-11-2008, 06:43 AM
Although I hate that shit also I will not boo. If he starts that shit while wearing TFC red, then we'll talk about booing one of ours.

I feel the same way.

Daveisonfire
09-11-2008, 06:52 AM
I prefer supporting the team

CoachGT
09-11-2008, 06:53 AM
And how will booing him make him want to play harder for Toronto?

Anyone who wears our jersey should do so with pride and our support!

The Kingpin
09-11-2008, 06:59 AM

Why do you think he doesn't do it for TFC as often? Is it the coaching? Does he care the same way? Is it the national team culture/coaching? These are the questions that I would like to know the answer to. A diver is a cheat, and I support TFC but not cheats. The original poster has a caveat of a point, thus admonishing cheats on TFC should be applauded. I was always weary when we began signing misfits such as Guevara and Ruiz, if they started doing that when/if I was in the stands they would certainly hear it from me. I support a team of footballers, I will not support selected cheats. I'd prefer to have a strand of pride in the team I support.

Eastend
09-11-2008, 07:08 AM
Kingpin, unfortunately I don't have an answer for you. I would think that it was inbred and if that's how you play, you play like that all the time. How you can just switch something like that on and off I don't know. Maybe it is coaching, the environment you play in and the team mentality. I just know that it is the single factor that I hate about this sport. Yes hate, I love football 24/7 but I can say I really hate this aspect of it.

Shakes McQueen
09-11-2008, 07:09 AM
Why do you think he doesn't do it for TFC as often? Is it the coaching? Does he care the same way? Is it the national team culture/coaching? These are the questions that I would like to know the answer to. A diver is a cheat, and I support TFC but not cheats. The original poster has a caveat of a point, thus admonishing cheats on TFC should be applauded. I was always weary when we began signing misfits such as Guevara and Ruiz, if they started doing that when/if I was in the stands they would certainly hear it from me. I support a team of footballers, I will not support selected cheats. I'd prefer to have a strand of pride in the team I support.

He doesn't play for TFC, the way he played for Honduras - as far as horrendous diving was concerned. I was surprised to see the change.

I think the coaching is different - Carver has gone on record as saying he wont tolerate diving on his club. I'm sure the Honduras coach thinks differently.

If he EVER takes a dive without being touched, and grabs the ball on the way down though, in a Toronto FC shirt - even if he get's the free kick/penalty/whatever - like he did in the WCQ match, it would be a dishonour to both the TFC shirt, and the integrity of the game.

- Scott

King Tut
09-11-2008, 07:14 AM
Ok guys im not trying to start a bunch of bullshit fighting on the forums but I had to post this. After watching Guevara flop around like that for Hondaras I found my hate for players like him again. This truly doesn’t have anything to do with the result of the game, rather the honest dislike for any players that play like that. I will not support him and do plan on booing him for the first game. Anyone going to join??
You're on your own man.

FluSH
09-11-2008, 07:18 AM
No Guevara plays for TFC last time I checked that's the team I support.

Exactly. What good will it do to boo Guevara... he did what he had to do: win at all fucking costs for his country. Why not boo The CSA, boo Dale Mitchell, or boo everyone that didn't make an effort to come out and support the CMNT especially if they lived in Montreal.

shaggingscot
09-11-2008, 07:27 AM

:iamwithstupid:

BigLou
09-11-2008, 07:31 AM
:iamwithstupid:
FINALLY. I have been waiting FOREVER for someone to pull that one out. Nice work........

PS: I will never boo our boys When they our wearing that TFC red. When Guevara comes back to BMO in another shirt though......LOOK OUT

Damien
09-11-2008, 07:41 AM
Guevara's been a lifeline for TFC. Anyone who boo's him for doing nothing wrong in a TFC uniform is mentally retarded.

rocker
09-11-2008, 07:46 AM
i wouldn't boo guevara...

i'd boo the Canadian men's national team after that crappy performance against Honduras though.

Batman
09-11-2008, 07:50 AM
Man, I can't believe how bad some of the thread topics are. People should need a license.

GabrielHurl
09-11-2008, 08:00 AM
http://i34.tinypic.com/sxzq8j.jpg

Nodoubtguy
09-11-2008, 08:06 AM
Seriously??? this is crazy......

Why would you boo your own player??

Richard D
09-11-2008, 08:06 AM
This thread should be locked. lol

TFCREDNWHITE
09-11-2008, 08:07 AM
plan on booing him for the first game. Anyone going to join??

You've got a couple of screws loose buddy!! Why would you BOO a player that wears the TFC Kit?? to answer your question, ABSOLUTELY NOT!!

Chevy
09-11-2008, 08:10 AM
Exactly. What good will it do to boo Guevara... he did what he had to do: win at all fucking costs for his country. Why not boo The CSA, boo Dale Mitchell, or boo everyone that didn't make an effort to come out and support the CMNT especially if they lived in Montreal.

Exactly! As I have said a few times before, get a 3-nil lead at halftime, that will take care of all the diving bullshit.

King Tut
09-11-2008, 08:18 AM
Hmmmmm, 28 replies and not one person agreed with this thread. I think that explains everything! ;)

Damien
09-11-2008, 08:51 AM
Thread closed.