PDA

View Full Version : Hemming Signs for Finnish Premier Club

denime
09-10-2008, 06:52 PM
Hemming Signed for Finnish Premier Club team Tampere United.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tampere_United

GeorgeB
09-10-2008, 06:53 PM
i wonder if he is making more money than anyone on tfc ?

I_AM_CANADIAN
09-10-2008, 06:55 PM
Hate the b*tch, but hopefully this is somewhere he can start regularly, and hopefully we see him suiting up for Canada in the future.

RPB_Brantford_08
09-10-2008, 06:57 PM
see how long before he walks out on this club~~

rocker
09-10-2008, 07:30 PM
Tyler should have stayed with London City... London is a bigger town than Tampere! ;)

jloome
09-10-2008, 07:59 PM
But Tampere's a good little organization and is scouted regularly from Britain.

Pachuco
09-10-2008, 09:04 PM
see how long before he walks out on this club~~

Right, cause leaving a team that has benched you all year (for a better opportunity) is now walking out on your club. If you ask me TFC walked out on him. Let's not forget they released him the first time around.

e_mcarthur89
09-10-2008, 09:29 PM
Tyler should have stayed with London City... London is a bigger town than Tampere! ;)

City sure could use him this year!

I_AM_CANADIAN
09-10-2008, 09:52 PM
Right, cause leaving a team that has benched you all year (for a better opportunity) is now walking out on your club. If you ask me TFC walked out on him. Let's not forget they released him the first time around.
He was signed to a developmental contract, for christ's sake. Those players shouldn't expect to get into the first team for a couple years.

And after he impressed this season, next year he might have at least been a regular sub.

CretanBull
09-10-2008, 10:23 PM
He was making $17 grand in Toronto, that's slightly above the poverty level. I can assure you that at the very least he's now earning a living wage in Finland. Let's not pretend that if any of us were offered triple our salary we wouldn't leave our current jobs.

Mojo
09-10-2008, 10:37 PM
Tampere has seen action in UCL qualifying and UEFA cup... its a good team to sign for I'd say.

He's still a bitch.

RPB_Brantford_08
09-10-2008, 10:38 PM

Matbe he was benched for a reason? he couldn't play to save his life?

Lucky Strike
09-10-2008, 10:45 PM

I think the sore point is that he left RIGHT at the moment where he was needed the most. Maybe that was done on purpose, maybe not. Truth is, it's difficult to say one way or another so we're left with impressions. As a result, I don't think it's unfair to argue that he walked out, even though that may not be the case at all...

Smuttynose
09-10-2008, 10:58 PM

that's not fair... when he was put in he did a decent job... he by no means can't "play to save his life"... otherwise he wouldn't have gotten signed by anyone. :rolleyes:

Red CB Toronto
09-10-2008, 11:11 PM
He left for what in his mind was a better opportunity just like Edu did, ok by me

Pachuco
09-10-2008, 11:53 PM

But yet you hate him because he (so called) walked out on his team? hmm....somehow your argument makes no sense :rolleyes:

Pachuco
09-11-2008, 12:01 AM
I think the sore point is that he left RIGHT at the moment where he was needed the most. Maybe that was done on purpose, maybe not. Truth is, it's difficult to say one way or another so we're left with impressions. As a result, I don't think it's unfair to argue that he walked out, even though that may not be the case at all...

He leaves and signs with a better team in a league with more exposure for probably more money. Yet someone wants to argue he walked out on his team? what the hell did he owe TFC?

I don't see anybody saying Edu walked out on his team? and there is a guy who was in our starting 11.

jloome
09-11-2008, 12:20 AM
He was making $17 grand in Toronto, that's slightly above the poverty level. I can assure you that at the very least he's now earning a living wage in Finland. Let's not pretend that if any of us were offered triple our salary we wouldn't leave our current jobs.

Actually, for a city of Toronto's size, that's way below the national poverty level, or Low Income Cutoff, which clocks in around $21,500 for communities over 500,000. That means he's more than $4,000, before tax, below what he needs to pay for basic accomodations and living necessities.

ccopela
09-11-2008, 01:38 AM
Is there any other links to this story other than Wikipedia?

Shakes McQueen
09-11-2008, 05:16 AM
He leaves and signs with a better team in a league with more exposure for probably more money. Yet someone wants to argue he walked out on his team? what the hell did he owe TFC?

I don't see anybody saying Edu walked out on his team? and there is a guy who was in our starting 11.

They were referring to the fact that Hemming walked out on the club mid-week, just before the match he knew we would be down nine players.

Edu didn't do that.

As for what he owes the team, you should probably ask his ex-teammates that. The one's he let down by not sticking around another 3-4 days.

And on a less-emo note - he owed us what his contract stipulated he owed us, and the same for the club to him. The fact that Carver let him walk when we were in such dire straits, says a lot about how things went behind the scenes.

Glad he has moved on to greener pastures, but fuck that guy - seriously.

- Scott

rocker
09-11-2008, 07:42 AM
Actually, for a city of Toronto's size, that's way below the national poverty level, or Low Income Cutoff, which clocks in around $21,500 for communities over 500,000. That means he's more than $4,000, before tax, below what he needs to pay for basic accomodations and living necessities.

but the players don't live on their own. Hemming was living with a teammate.
poverty line is determined for individuals living on their own. it's like a lot of young people these days -- they live with parents or friends as costs get higher in the big city. Lombardo was making 17K at one point but he was living with mom and dad up in Vaughan.

to other people's posts about Hemming leaving -- he didn't have to return a second time. he essentially took advantage of the team while he had no other options, so don't cry for him.

Oldtimer
09-11-2008, 07:50 AM

That's a common misconception perpetuated by the media. The "Low Income Cutoff" is not a measurement of poverty, according to Stats Canada -- who designed the index. It is a measurement of relative income levels. The fact that it has been misrepresented as a "poverty level" in the media is misleading. For example, if Quatar used the same index, the "Low Income Cutoff" could be well over a million dollars per year! Canada actually doesn 't have a poverty index, which it really should (hence the temptation to use the "Low Income Cutoff").

That being said, $17,000 is a disgrace. You'd do about as well stocking boxes at Loblaws. The next CBA will certainly take care of that.

mednus
09-11-2008, 08:03 AM
Get A Grip.

TFC cut Hemming once already from his NON guaranteed developmental contract which one of you was calling Mo and Carver a "Bitch" then?
Carver left Melo and Gala on the bench for that Debacle of a game on Sat. while he played "3 players I know nothing about"
What do you think was going through those boys minds that day - sure it was probably something like (whats Tyler's new number?)

ccopela
09-11-2008, 09:45 AM
Get A Grip.

TFC cut Hemming once already from his NON guaranteed developmental contract which one of you was calling Mo and Carver a "Bitch" then?
Carver left Melo and Gala on the bench for that Debacle of a game on Sat. while he played "3 players I know nothing about"
What do you think was going through those boys minds that day - sure it was probably something like (whats Tyler's new number?)

The three players that played instead of Melo and Gala played a completely different position. If we were missing all our midfielders then i'm sure Gala and Melo would get a run out.

Pachuco
09-11-2008, 09:49 AM
The three players that played instead of Melo and Gala played a completely different position. If we were missing all our midfielders then i'm sure Gala and Melo would get a run out.

Bullshit. Gala can play left back.

Pachuco
09-11-2008, 09:54 AM
They were referring to the fact that Hemming walked out on the club mid-week, just before the match he knew we would be down nine players.

Edu didn't do that.

As for what he owes the team, you should probably ask his ex-teammates that. The one's he let down by not sticking around another 3-4 days.

And on a less-emo note - he owed us what his contract stipulated he owed us, and the same for the club to him. The fact that Carver let him walk when we were in such dire straits, says a lot about how things went behind the scenes.

Glad he has moved on to greener pastures, but fuck that guy - seriously.

- Scott

There was no guarantee to him that he would play if he stuck around, that I'm sure of. He didn't honor his contract the same way Mo didn't honor it the first time around. It's no different. If Carver let him go, I'm sure he wasn't in his plans anyways so stop bitching and whining.

Fort York Redcoat
09-11-2008, 09:56 AM
Realistically this kid could excel, come back to present regime and any differences could be remedied in one press release. It's not like I'm gonna follow the Finn league closely but I'm not gonna snub him if he starts playing (well) for our National team.

Mark in Ottawa
09-11-2008, 10:03 AM
Walked out on TFC?
He was given a tryout and opportunity to make a place for himself where he would get regular playing time and a decent salary. All this during a designated FIFA break!

TFC/MLS could have held him to whatever contract they had with him or forced the new club to "buy" the remainder of his contract... no?

poppamidnight
09-11-2008, 11:01 AM
There was no guarantee to him that he would play if he stuck around, that I'm sure of. He didn't honor his contract the same way Mo didn't honor it the first time around. It's no different. If Carver let him go, I'm sure he wasn't in his plans anyways so stop bitching and whining.

I agree with you here....

Some people on here are completely ridiculous, and say the stupidest things...
-OR-
They have magically decided to start following TFC this year (rather than last year)

Do we all forget that hemming started near the end of the year last year...
In fact a good number of you on here were saying (and I would agree) that at times he was the best player we put on the pitch back in those starts

...That all changed when Carver came in and brought in AN IRRATIONAL DEPTH CHART ("In Carver we trust" though...right guys :smilielol5: )

There were at least FIVE players above him in the depth chart that by no means deserved to play above him (since he's multi-positional):
-Dunivant, Harmse, Rosenlund (who was also screwed over in this IRRATIONAL DEPTH CHART), Smith, and (as of the past 6 weeks) Velez

theres no way in hell i'd put up with that Garbage,
let alone that garbage at $17 K

Get real guys, Hemming was good, TFC coaching kept dropping turds on him every time one of these 5 "Carver-Loyals" got in there ahead of him,
The turd pile just got too much for him,

I think Tyler, and TFC fans (being robbed of seeing THE BEST POSSIBLE PLAYERS FIELDED) were the ones wronged here,
NOT the TFC players, Coaching staff, or Mo

-IN TYLER WE TRUST

ccopela
09-11-2008, 11:29 AM
http://www.tampereunited.com/fin/ajankohtaista?entry=956

From the Tampere website. I can't read finnish but it looks like he will be wearing number 24 but that could mean he's just playing in a reserve game and hasn't actually signed with the club.

nimamalek
09-11-2008, 11:54 AM
good for him, wasnt getting the chance to play here, he's a good player deserved better than $17k

v00d00daddy
09-11-2008, 12:21 PM
Good for him. I wish him well.

Cambridge_Red
09-11-2008, 12:32 PM
Good for Hemming his talent was un noticed here regardless of what everyone says.

ccopela
09-14-2008, 04:54 PM
http://www.veikkausliiga.com/Default.aspx?link=/News.aspx?type=1$ID=31443

Looks like Hemming played 25 minutes for Tampere United in their 3-1 win. And from the rough translation I got he impressed his coach.

Fort York Redcoat
09-14-2008, 05:07 PM
Some players just need a change of scenery.:noidea:

poppamidnight
09-14-2008, 08:30 PM
Some players just need a change of scenery.:noidea:

Some players need a coach who goes with a rational depth chart

*oh snap!*