PDA

View Full Version : Women's TFC Shirts's Rant

dee-spot
09-10-2008, 07:37 AM
Last year I was so happy to have a football team in Toronto, and, like any other supporter I wanted to buy a TFC shirt. I wanted to get a women's shirt because I like the cut as opposed to a men's shirt. When I went up to a booth to ask about the women's shirts, to my shock and horror, I was given two choices, one was a white see-through t-shirt with a pink TFC logo (??) or the other choice was a pink t-shirt, WTF??? This year is no different with the addition of a team jersey, exactly like the red ones but also in this disgusting bubble-gum pink. Since when does the TFC colors include bubble-gum pink??? News flash, some of us women actually go to the games to watch the game and support the team, not to strike a pose in our see-through bubble-gum t-shirt while checking out the players asses. Who is the f*&%'n moron that decided women were only interested in buying pink football shirts?? Why don't they sell women's t-shirts in the team colors??? That is such bullshit!!!!

Shakes McQueen
09-10-2008, 07:48 AM
Don't they sell the pink ones because of the whole breast cancer thing?

- Scott

GabrielHurl
09-10-2008, 07:48 AM
Ask marketing.

Oh and the men will be wearing that pink shirt in a game next season

Fort York Redcoat
09-10-2008, 07:58 AM
Right on, sister! No, really it's disgraceful. But lets consider how many years it took for NA sports to make ANY womens fits. Everbody should be for this. Let the girls look their best. I appreciate.

yellowkitten
09-10-2008, 08:06 AM
I've seen pink Leafs jerseys too. They're cute on their own, but I think if you're wearing it in the crowd, the players can't tell you're supporting the team. They'll look up from the pitch and see a girl in a pink shirt. Kind of defeats the point.

sulfur
09-10-2008, 08:24 AM
i'm mostly disappointed that they assume that all women are S or M. that eliminates about 70% of the females that come to BMO it seems.

and about 95% of the males that might be interested in getting one. :P

Beach_Red
09-10-2008, 08:28 AM
Ask marketing.

Oh and the men will be wearing that pink shirt in a game next season

Yeah, I heard about the pink shirts.

There's also a black women's T, isn't there, but the crest is pink, I think.

Pro League on Queen East in the Beaches has some, he's also selling them for half price.

GabrielHurl
I've seen pink Leafs jerseys too. They're cute on their own, but I think if you're wearing it in the crowd, the players can't tell you're supporting the team. They'll look up from the pitch and see a girl in a pink shirt. Kind of defeats the point.

Something tells me the players don't pay a lot of attention to the colours women are wearing in the stands

hazy_venus
Dee-spot, just get a youth kit

It will fit better than the Men's kit, it won't be pink and as an added bonus it will be cheaper!

General guideline for sizing is to go up a size, ie if you are a Women's Medium you will need a Youth Large

Good luck!

BuSaPuNk
09-10-2008, 08:32 AM
I bought my gf the pink jersey at the Dallas game this year. I really don't like the idea of them but she likes it and really that is all that matters. She isn't a real supporter....just a fan.

Real Supporters = TFC RED TILL WE DIE
Fans = Anything with a logo

Shakes McQueen
09-10-2008, 08:34 AM
I bought my gf the pink jersey at the Dallas game this year. I really don't like the idea of them but she likes it and really that is all that matters. She isn't a real supporter....just a fan.

Fans = Anything with a logo

I've got the grey TFC hat. Does that mean I'm a shithead masquerading as a supporter? :D

- Scott

Parkdale
09-10-2008, 08:38 AM
come on now..... there are options.

either buy a youth kit if you're small, or a Men's size small (or medium) if you're a little bigger. In all pro sports, if you buy something that is specifically marketed to be a 'woman's product' you're going to get something 2nd rate. It's always been that way. Do they make hockey jerseys in women's sizes? basketball jerseys? Just get a youths.

rocker
09-10-2008, 08:38 AM
i saw these hot babes before one game who turned their men's jerseys into the hottest things ever... they tied it up above their bellow buttons and it looked great!!!

GabrielHurl
09-10-2008, 08:40 AM

what about those with grey jerseys?

GingerNinja
09-10-2008, 08:41 AM
Last year I was so happy to have a football team in Toronto, and, like any other supporter I wanted to buy a TFC shirt. I wanted to get a women's shirt because I like the cut as opposed to a men's shirt. When I went up to a booth to ask about the women's shirts, to my shock and horror, I was given two choices, one was a white see-through t-shirt with a pink TFC logo (??) or the other choice was a pink t-shirt, WTF??? This year is no different with the addition of a team jersey, exactly like the red ones but also in this disgusting bubble-gum pink. Since when does the TFC colors include bubble-gum pink??? News flash, some of us women actually go to the games to watch the game and support the team, not to strike a pose in our see-through bubble-gum t-shirt while checking out the players asses. Who is the f*&%'n moron that decided women were only interested in buying pink football shirts?? Why don't they sell women's t-shirts in the team colors??? That is such bullshit!!!!

I think I have seen a few MLS teams that have quality t-shirts for women, that are the actual team colour. Why can't TFC?

I for one do go to the games to watch and support, and while I am not big on striking poses, and I have never ever worn anything bubblegum pink...

... I do make it a game day ritual to check out the players asses. How can you not?? And then when we win, and Jimmy B rips off his shirt to throw it in the crowd :hump:

Parkdale
09-10-2008, 08:43 AM
^ BTC

MisterMacphisto
09-10-2008, 08:43 AM
But... but... don't women cut off their sleeves, paint their face and but soccer socks on their hands? :)

Carts
09-10-2008, 08:44 AM
There should be women's jerseys in red & grey, cut and fitted for women...

Mrs. Carts wants a jersey, but doesn't want a baggy men's jersey, or a kids jersey that's cut dead straight...

Lucky for her, we found a women's t-shirt, red with the TFC logo on the front. Cut & contoured for a women's body...

Just b/c you're supporting a team, doesn't mean you can't be sexy or show your stuff... We as men fans encourage this! :)

I'm thinking women's merchandise will be coming as the team continues to grow and/or mantain it's popularity...

Carts...

GingerNinja
09-10-2008, 08:46 AM
^ BTC
:DBTC!!!

Gobi
09-10-2008, 08:48 AM
Tell it, Sister!

But, like Hazy said, the Youth sizes fit women's figures much better. Plus they're about $20 cheaper.

TFC Tifoso
09-10-2008, 08:51 AM
i saw these hot babes before one game who turned their men's jerseys into the hottest things ever... they tied it up above their bellow buttons and it looked great!!!

I'd rather see a girl in a pink jersey, who wears it properly and just wants a women's cut rather than somebody who wants to make a fashion statement to "look hot".

GingerNinja
09-10-2008, 08:54 AM
Should we RPG do a shirtless protest for better merch??

Parkdale
09-10-2008, 09:01 AM
I'd rather see a girl in a pink jersey, who wears it properly and just wants a women's cut rather than somebody who wants to make a fashion statement to "look hot".

ummm..... girls (and women) care about their appearance. that's never going to change. Most of the ladies around here seem to think the pink jersey is fugly, and I'd rather see them making a 'fashion statement' in the proper colours instead of wearing that pink crap.

Fort York Redcoat
09-10-2008, 09:09 AM
come on now..... there are options.

either buy a youth kit if you're small, or a Men's size small (or medium) if you're a little bigger. In all pro sports, if you buy something that is specifically marketed to be a 'woman's product' you're going to get something 2nd rate. It's always been that way. Do they make hockey jerseys in women's sizes? basketball jerseys? Just get a youths.

Yup. I won't say what team but they own TFC. It seems youth and downsizing works just fine for now.

stugautz
09-10-2008, 09:13 AM
Why is there more outrage on women not utilizing the see through shirts to distract the opposition? That would really provide us with a home field advantage!

GingerNinja
09-10-2008, 09:15 AM
http://cache.bordom.net/images/27676142e8dde979926a52be2d516b8c.jpg

Kevvv
09-10-2008, 09:16 AM
i'm mostly disappointed that they assume that all women are S or M. that eliminates about 70% of the females that come to BMO it seems.

and about 95% of the males that might be interested in getting one. :P

Wow, you got away with that??

DOMIN8R
09-10-2008, 09:17 AM
Yup. I won't say what team but they own TFC. It seems youth and downsizing works just fine for now.

No it doesn't. I know 2 women who have tried and tried to find a red TFC shirt that fits them and it is just not possible unless they chose to pink or see through white.

Kevvv
09-10-2008, 09:20 AM
http://cache.bordom.net/images/27676142e8dde979926a52be2d516b8c.jpg

What is that, a Leaf blower?

David_Oliveira
09-10-2008, 09:51 AM
go with the youth jersey. My gf was trying to find a jersey and she found that the youth jerseys fit her better

BuSaPuNk
09-10-2008, 09:53 AM
Grey is fine. My point was you can tell who a supporter is and who a fan was i guess i didn't get it out right. The whole point for me is who cares about the colour of the jersey. Let people wear what they want.

mike_bouma
09-10-2008, 10:01 AM
Yeah, my girl bought a youth jersey as well. Fits great was is like $20 less than the adults anyway.

TFC Tifoso
09-10-2008, 10:10 AM
Grey is fine. My point was you can tell who a supporter is and who a fan was i guess i didn't get it out right. The whole point for me is who cares about the colour of the jersey. Let people wear what they want.

Thank you! As long as you are singing for 90 minutes, then you can wear red, grey, pink, fucking tie dye, or be naked for all I care.....as long as you wear the shirt respectfully, and not for the purpose of looking cool or trying to get noticed.

BuSaPuNk
09-10-2008, 10:14 AM
Thank you! As long as you are singing for 90 minutes, then you can wear red, grey, pink, fucking tie dye, or be naked for all I care.....as long as you wear the shirt respectfully, and not for the purpose of looking cool or trying to get noticed.

Excactly what I was trying to say. Jeez I should run for Prime Minster I can't get my point across properly. lol

LucaGol
09-10-2008, 11:17 AM
What ... the see-through top is no good?

Why not?

Nomad
09-10-2008, 11:20 AM
I don't wear TFC jerseys. I do have the long sleeve training jersey but i never wear it anymore. I also have two TFC scarves that i don't wear anymore, prefer my NEE one.

I support the team, not the marketing scheme.

AFO1981
09-10-2008, 02:07 PM
There is a "female cut" jersey coming out next year when they release the 09' jersey. The colours and style are the same as the mens...

FluSH
09-10-2008, 02:15 PM
Don't they sell the pink ones because of the whole breast cancer thing?

- Scott

When are we going to get a Jersey for Prostate Cancer... and what Colour will it be?

-FluSH

13CP
09-10-2008, 02:26 PM
Mens cut doesn't fit my body. Hate it, but to support the team, I wear it.
I've got hips like every other woman, Im not a box. But thats how the jerseys are.

Red Rat
09-10-2008, 02:28 PM
Wow, you got away with that??

oh he did!

Pink looks good on Dale Mitchell

timmay
09-10-2008, 04:13 PM
who cares? god you ppl love to whine

AL-MO
09-10-2008, 05:05 PM
I don't wear TFC jerseys. I do have the long sleeve training jersey but i never wear it anymore. I also have two TFC scarves that i don't wear anymore, prefer my NEE one.

That is so Ultra of you.

Roogsy
09-10-2008, 07:32 PM
When are we going to get a Jersey for Prostate Cancer... and what Colour will it be?

-FluSH

WHITE!

You know why...

Roogsy
09-10-2008, 07:33 PM
oh he did!

Pink looks good on Dale Mitchell

No...my foot in his ass looks good.

Nomad
09-10-2008, 10:21 PM
That is so Ultra of you.

Not really trying to play that angle but if it comes off like that then so be it. I just found this quote "Real Supporters = TFC RED TILL WE DIE
Fans = Anything with a logo" kind of funny, probably because i find it's the opposite in a lot of cases.

FluSH
09-10-2008, 10:44 PM

You have to be kidding me right? Marketing scheme? Do you wanna play underground footy? FFS what this league needs is better marketing and TV ratings so it survives... your not selling out... trust me.

Nomad
09-10-2008, 10:53 PM
You have to be kidding me right? Marketing scheme? Do you wanna play underground footy? FFS what this league needs is better marketing and TV ratings so it survives... your not selling out... trust me.

So have at her, i'm not telling you what to wear. Me? I've opted out. I'm not interested in the "Oh TFC played? What was the score? Who did they play? Blah blah fucking if you followed the team you wouldn't ask me these questions blah" conversations before and after the game....

So no, i kid you not. Selling/selling out...these concepts don't interest me anymore.

Boschmeister
09-10-2008, 11:02 PM
Not really trying to play that angle but if it comes off like that then so be it. I just found this quote "Real Supporters = TFC RED TILL WE DIE
Fans = Anything with a logo" kind of funny, probably because i find it's the opposite in a lot of cases.

I see where you are coming from but I think part of home pitch advantage (familiarity with the surface, weather conditions, etc,) is having the entire crowd in our colours - it helps create that home crowd atmosphere.

Nomad
09-10-2008, 11:04 PM
I see where you are coming from but I think part of home pitch advantage (familiarity with the surface, weather conditions, etc,) is having the entire crowd in our colours - it helps create that home crowd atmosphere.

I wear red most of the time. I got a few new shirts to keep me in red now.

FluSH
09-10-2008, 11:15 PM
So have at her, i'm not telling you what to wear. Me? I've opted out. I'm not interested in the "Oh TFC played? What was the score? Who did they play? Blah blah fucking if you followed the team you wouldn't ask me these questions blah" conversations before and after the game....

So no, i kid you not. Selling/selling out...these concepts don't interest me anymore.

Is this like being Vegan? The opting out thing? As for the rest... you just don't want to talk about the game with anyone else and/or make small talk yet you are on these boards... very interesting.

Nomad
09-10-2008, 11:27 PM
Is this like being Vegan? The opting out thing? As for the rest... you just don't want to talk about the game with anyone else and/or make small talk yet you are on these boards... very interesting.

I'm not sure...but i'm certainly not vegan. I support the seal hunt. :p

I talk about the match incessantly with people who actually care before and after the game. It's people with faux interest i couldn't be arsed having a conversation with especially hours after the game when i haven't been home yet.

Listen, i do my thing. I support the team. I'll even give you a laundry list of things i do if it'll make you feel better. But i don't wear official merch. I don't want to. I'm not the only one i'm sure. I don't feel like just a regular "fan" so i stepped up and made a comment. I haven't heard anything from anyone yet that makes me feel any different than i did before i made the comment. Feel free to keep trying though....

TheHollister
09-11-2008, 12:31 AM
Right now I've got a youth jersey. I don't know if the cut is any different than a normal one though - I only got it because I was swimming in the men's small (hell, even the youth jersey fits a bit big). If they do bring out a women's cut in TFC red, I would definitely get it.
Don't get me started on the pink... :puke: