PDA

View Full Version : Montreal v Vancouver 2:30pm Monday may 19 on cbc french

Pages : 1 [2]

Baggio2TFC
05-19-2008, 04:04 PM
Was there anyone out there that you liked from either team that we need to be worried about??

rocker
05-19-2008, 04:05 PM
the only good thing from this game is the field looked great and drainage looks good :)

ManUtd4ever
TFC better eat both these teams alive! The only thing that worries me is Djekanovic standing on his head against us...

nobuzz
well the best result for us really, would have been nice to see them play in nicer weather and really see what they can put forward. I am more optimistic that we should qualify for sure now.

Red CB Toronto
05-19-2008, 04:06 PM
We are going to hit both of these team really good, can you imagine how they are going to react when Guevara, Robert, Ricketts, Dichio etc step on the field, we will just dominate them.

rocker
05-19-2008, 04:06 PM
Was there anyone out there that you liked from either team that we need to be worried about??

serge maybe??? stealing a tie with good goalkeeping??

I think our biggest opponent will be TFC itself... playing down to an opponent or maybe gettin lazy... but hopefully Carver guards against that.

Red CB Toronto
05-19-2008, 04:07 PM
We better beat both of these teams by more than a few goals, after watching this game today I really no reason why TFC could not.

SilverSamurai
05-19-2008, 04:07 PM
TFC will win at home against either team. Compared to either Montreal or Vancouver's grounds, BMO is a fortress.

Hooligan69
05-19-2008, 04:08 PM
well the best result for us really, would have been nice to see them play in nicer weather and really see what they can put forward. I am more optimistic that we should qualify for sure now.

Best result for us? How exactly? This game doesn't affect TFC.

rocker
05-19-2008, 04:08 PM
TFC will win at home against either team. Compared to either Montreal or Vancouver's grounds, BMO is a fortress.

ya, and 4 MLS teams could only score 1 goal at BMO so far this season.

rocker
05-19-2008, 04:10 PM
i wonder if Carver watched this.

Red CB Toronto
05-19-2008, 04:10 PM
We will win the Canada Cup, how could we not, do you really think they could stop someone like Guevara and all his moves, or what about Robert streaking up the field, I am looking forward to the opening game of Champions League this August.

Red CB Toronto
05-19-2008, 04:11 PM
i wonder if Carver watched this.

If he did not, I am sure he will get a tape/DVD of it.

FluSH
05-19-2008, 04:11 PM
Ok,

I for one thought that was a penalty by the way the ref headed towards the ball... even the commentators were caught off guard when it wasn't.... but more importantly, did you guys here the Montreal supporters chant 'The referee is a wanker' ?!? That was classic... I wonder if they are going to do The Massive in english =P

Rudi
05-19-2008, 04:12 PM
You know what this 0-0 draw means, right?

A TFC player can score the first ever goal at Stade Saputo!!!

Rudi
05-19-2008, 04:13 PM
I also love that the sun is now shining in Montreal :D

Red CB Toronto
I noticed the supporters much more in the second half, maybe it took them the first half to shake off the rust, looks like the sun is coming out now in Montreal, too bad it was not out earlier.

Broadview
I heard a little forza going without any la la's.

Red CB Toronto
05-19-2008, 04:14 PM
What TFC player do you predict scoring the first goal in Stade Saputo history?

My pick is Guevara !!!!!

RealG-TFC
05-19-2008, 04:16 PM
Can't wait to watch the TFC game. I am confident that will be a packed house because I just checked the forecast and it said sunny but partly cloudy.

This game was already sold out but the rain killed the buzz.

rocker
05-19-2008, 04:16 PM
hahah. never thought of that.... we definitely need a TFC player to "mark our territory" at Stade Saputo!

What a way to own Saputo stadium... TFC player christening the goal.

ManUtd4ever
05-19-2008, 04:17 PM

My pick is Guevara !!!!!

Robert would be more fitting, lol

RealG-TFC

My pick is Guevara !!!!!

+1

I find myself loving him more and more. I think he's my favourite player.

jimiv
What's with the giant nets behind the goals, they can't be fun to watch a game through.

Red CB Toronto
05-19-2008, 04:18 PM
That was what I think the only part of the broadcast doen in English, the interview with Jordan.

giambac
05-19-2008, 04:20 PM
Best result for us? How exactly? This game doesn't affect TFC.

Remeber the Canada Cup is a 3 team round Robin format.

Each team plays the other 2 teams twice (once at home and once on the road). That means each team (TFC, Montreal and Vancouver) each play 4 games. At the end of the tournament the top team advances.

With todays tie both Montreal and Vancouver have 1 point from the tie. A tie is a better result than if a team won. In that case the winning team would have 3 points on TFC who have yet to play.

Regardless of the outcome, One thing was proven. THE USL is a bush league and both these teams suck. If tRFC were to lose the whole team including coach Carver and Mo Johnson should be fired. It was boring soccer and like I've been sayiing all along it is equivalent to divsion 3/4 soccer in Europe.

I couldn't watch more than 10 minutes of the pathetic excuse for soccer.

ManUtd4ever
05-19-2008, 04:20 PM
What's with the giant nets behind the goals, they can't be fun to watch a game through.

Based on the way Habs fans behave after winning one lousy playoff round, I'm not surprised they want to protect the players. We throw streamers, they'd throw grenades...

Red CB Toronto
05-19-2008, 04:22 PM
I was not impressed by either team today outside of the steller play by Serge, we should really knock around both the Impact and Whitecaps.

ManUtd4ever
05-19-2008, 04:22 PM
[/b][/u]

Each team plays the other 2 teams twice (once at home and once on the road). That means each team (TFC, Montreal and Vancouver) each play 4 games. At the end of the tournament the top team advances.

With todays tie both Montreal and Vancouver have 1 point from the tie. A tie is a better result than if a team won. In that case the winning team would have 3 points on TFC who have yet to play.

Regardless of the outcome, One thing was proven. THE USL is a bush league and both these teams suck. If tRFC were to lose the whole team including coach Carver and Mo Johnson should be fired. It was boring soccer and like I've been sayiing all along it is equivalent to divsion 3/4 soccer in Europe.

Today's draw applies to USL-1 standings, not the Canada Cup tournament. The CC begins with the TFC - Impact match at Saputo next week...

rocker
05-19-2008, 04:23 PM
[/b][/u]

this wasn't a Canada Cup game.

Montreal plays Van in June at Saputo for the CC.

You're clueless once again.. hahaha.

RealG-TFC
05-19-2008, 04:23 PM
[/b][/u]

OMG, you're sooo annoying. Fuck off!

Hooligan69
05-19-2008, 04:27 PM
This was a league game not a Canada Cup game so the result has nothing to do with us at all.

Red CB Toronto
05-19-2008, 04:28 PM
Vancouver is in third place and Montreal in is 8th in the USL-1 standings after today's game.

Red CB Toronto
05-19-2008, 04:30 PM
Did they say if they were showing the Toronto-Montreal game, the put up the graphic for it, could not understand what they were saying, I noticed the word Web, does that mean it is online.

Kayed
05-19-2008, 04:32 PM
[/b][/u]

:taz::taz::taz::taz::taz::taz::taz::taz::taz:

SilverSamurai
05-19-2008, 04:35 PM
This was a league game not a Canada Cup game so the result has nothing to do with us at all.

Ok, so that's why I got confused then!
I thought today's game was the Canada Cup game!

Red CB Toronto
05-19-2008, 04:36 PM
No it was just a league game.

Cambridge_Red
05-19-2008, 04:37 PM
[/b][/u]

:confused:

Red CB Toronto
05-19-2008, 04:40 PM
Serge was the "Manof of the Match" in my eyes, he kept the Whitecaps in the game.

nobuzz
05-19-2008, 04:41 PM
Having not watched a USL match in years, even though it was only a league match I still think that we have a great chance now of making it through based on the teams performances today.

Red CB Toronto
05-19-2008, 04:47 PM
Having not watched a USL match in years, even though it was only a league match I still think that we have a great chance now of making it through based on the teams performances today.

We do for sure.

RealG-TFC
05-19-2008, 04:50 PM
Montreal vs. Toronto will be on TV on Radio-Canada. Just checked. Although it appears it will be on tape delay as the game starts at 7:30pm and on the link provided it says 11:30pm?

WTF?

http://www.radio-canada.ca/television/guide_horaire/TVG/index.asp?numerodiff=34421743&regiongh=1&numero=1697&date=2008-5-27&dateDuGh=2008-5-27

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
05-19-2008, 04:51 PM
[/b][/u]

fucking brain dead!:confused:

ManUtd4ever
05-19-2008, 04:53 PM
Montreal vs. Toronto will be on TV on Radio-Canada. Just checked. Although it appears it will be on tape delay as the game starts at 7:30pm and on the link provided it says 11:30pm?

WTF?

http://www.radio-canada.ca/television/guide_horaire/TVG/index.asp?numerodiff=34421743&regiongh=1&numero=1697&date=2008-5-27&dateDuGh=2008-5-27

That's ridiculous...how can the major Canadian Networks not provide a live broadcast for a match of such national magnitude?!

rocker
05-19-2008, 04:59 PM
That's ridiculous...how can the major Canadian Networks not provide a live broadcast for a match of such national magnitude?!

I see it live here on CBC main network:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/torontofc-schedule.html
(http://www.cbc.ca/sports/torontofc-schedule.html)
oh wait, it's on "Bold" channel 277 not the main network. it's repeated at midnight on the main network.

Thank god I have that 277.

RealG-TFC
05-19-2008, 04:59 PM
Wait! There's hope! I just checked the schedule for the normal CBC and from 7:00pm to 10:00pm on May 27th it still has space for something to be announced. That is enough time to fit in a footy match.

http://www.cbc.ca/programguide/schedule/dailySchedule.jsp?network=CBC%20Television&genre=&startDate=2008/05/27&startTime=18:00&endTime=25:00

Hooligan69
05-19-2008, 05:05 PM
Wait! There's hope! I just checked the schedule for the normal CBC and from 7:00pm to 10:00pm on May 27th it still has space for something to be announced. That is enough time to fit in a footy match.

http://www.cbc.ca/programguide/schedule/dailySchedule.jsp?network=CBC%20Television&genre=&startDate=2008/05/27&startTime=18:00&endTime=25:00

Sure hope it's broadcast live on regular CBC since I don't have any of those other fancy channels.

:(

Red CB Toronto
05-19-2008, 05:06 PM
I am sure they are waiting to see how the hockey plays out, if the night is open, I am pretty sure you would see the live broadcast move to the main CBC network.

RealG-TFC
05-19-2008, 05:08 PM
what needs to happen in the nhl playoffs for CBC to be free hat night?

Lucky Strike
05-19-2008, 05:18 PM
RE: the penalty. Being perfectly bilingual, it was much more enjoyable to watch the match. The thought was that the play was offside (as signaled by an off-screen referee) otherwise it definitely would have been a penalty. The Vancouver players were hassling the referee because, like everyone else, they did not see the offside call. Either Montreal was very good at getting through the Vancouver defence in the latter stages of the match, or Vancouver was a bunch of Braz and Reda clones. The biggest enemy in the Canada Cup will be TFC itself it they don't take the games seriously. A potential bad call could also screw us but I'm confident we'll make it through.

RealG-TFC
05-19-2008, 05:28 PM
^^ Ah, vous habiter a Ottawa, c'est pour ça vous êtes bilingue.

ManUtd4ever
05-19-2008, 05:36 PM
I see it live here on CBC main network:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/torontofc-schedule.html
(http://www.cbc.ca/sports/torontofc-schedule.html)
oh wait, it's on "Bold" channel 277 not the main network. it's repeated at midnight on the main network.

Thank god I have that 277.

Thanks for the info! Cool, I get that channel too. Still, it should be broadcast live on the main CBC network...

Lucky Strike
05-19-2008, 05:41 PM
^^ Ah, vous habitez à Ottawa, c'est pour ça que vous êtes bilingue.

Lol, actually no. It's just a coincidence. :D

RealG-TFC
05-19-2008, 05:47 PM
Oh....Toronto we love you!

NF-FC
05-19-2008, 05:53 PM
FFS, no one can score!

You basically just summed up the USL :D

nfitz
05-19-2008, 06:14 PM
Shooting the games with HD cameras will do that, even when broadcast in SD.I watched on SRC's HD channel. The game wasn't shown in HD - it was shown in SD; widescreen, but SD.

Probably just completely digital, so less signal loss, than there being HD involved.

tfcfan
05-19-2008, 06:17 PM
Montreal last year averaged about 11000 a game which is amazing for usl soccer. The small crowd is soly do to the weather.

RealG-TFC
05-19-2008, 06:32 PM
What I love about Stade saputo is that it seems soo cozy. The seats are nice and close and even the "open" end has those tents set up and it looks really nice.

giambac
05-19-2008, 06:41 PM
this wasn't a Canada Cup game.

Montreal plays Van in June at Saputo for the CC.

You're clueless once again.. hahaha.

Oh okay i thought I few guys here were saying it was a CC Game.

Never the less it was bad boring pathetic soccer. I feel sorry for you guys who are going to watch the CC games and dished out good money for it. MLSE has taken all of you for a ride and you bought it. All it prove is that you have no concept of what quality soccer is.

I've watched live soccer in Europe for less. The USL soccer is at best division 3 . Fuck I would rather watch my sons rep league. Better quality soccer tahn what was on tv today..

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
05-19-2008, 06:57 PM

Never the less it was bad boring pathetic soccer. I feel sorry for you guys who are going to watch the CC games and dished out good money for it. MLSE has taken all of you for a ride and you bought it. All it prove is that you have no concept of what quality soccer is.

I've watched live soccer in Europe for less. The USL soccer is at best division 3 . Fuck I would rather watch my sons rep league. Better quality soccer tahn what was on tv today..

We watch and go because we Support TORONTO FC!!! BOTTOM LINE!! NO MATTER WHO WE PLAY! WE BLEED RED!..

UNlike yourself!

Red CB Toronto
05-19-2008, 07:00 PM
The Reds will beat both of these teams, today showed their is a pretty good difference in the quality between the USL and MLS.

SilverSamurai
05-19-2008, 07:01 PM
We watch and go because we Support TORONTO FC!!! BOTTOM LINE!! NO MATTER WHO WE PLAY! WE BLEED RED!..

UNlike yourself!

Well said!
giambac: We're not comparing MLS w/ the Euro leagues! You don't have any interest in the Canada Cup games, that's your choice let us enjoy it and go back to your thing.

Rudi
05-19-2008, 07:05 PM

I feel sorry for you for a) thinking that we give a fuck what some Eurosnob has to say, and b) feeling the need to spout off such trash on this board.

Why the fuck are you on a TFC supporters board anyways? Did you make a wrong turn when looking for the "self-loathing losers who think they're European" board?

Hooligan69
05-19-2008, 07:15 PM

We support Toronto FC. We support our boys in red no matter where they play or who they face on the pitch. It shouldn't matter to real supporters who our boys play on a weekly basis because all that matters to us is supporting our club, winning games, collecting points and hopefully winning the Canada Cup and everything after that, including the MLS Cup. Nothing else matters to us except TFC because it runs in our blood. I'd walk to the ends of the earth to support this team.

king10
05-19-2008, 07:17 PM

how does this prove that we have no concept about what quality soccer is... i support juventus no matter what they go through serie b , serie a, scandal.. i support tfc because they are my hometown team.. i could care less what quality they are playing because they are MY team.. you my friend have no idea about what a quality supporter is... if your looking for the best value to watch a soccer game then it isn't tfc.. you seem to like watching bargain soccer matches in europe.. you'd like wal mart too they have lots of bargains too;)

redcard
05-19-2008, 07:24 PM

u got problems buddy, whats a matter, you dont have seasons tickets?! so pissed at everyone else that got first dibs on the Concacaf games?

Lucky Strike
05-19-2008, 07:29 PM
So if Giambac is from Italy (judging from "Azurri Nation" - which makes no sense to begin with; who associates blue with Italy?!?), then does this mean that during the Euro qualifiers when they played the Faroe Islands (who for the record lost all 12 games with a goal differential of -39), you wouldn't go see your team? What kind of supporter are you?

SilverSamurai
05-19-2008, 07:45 PM
So if Giambac is from Italy (judging from "Azurri Nation" - which makes no sense to begin with; who associates blue with Italy?!?), then does this mean that during the Euro qualifiers when they played the Faroe Islands (who for the record lost all 12 games with a goal differential of -39), you wouldn't go see your team? What kind of supporter are you?

Blue (azurri) comes from a monarch or nobility that used the colour blue. I think it was their coat of arms in the way in which they dressed.
Anyways... :taz:

ManUtd4ever
05-19-2008, 07:46 PM
lol, you guys have to admit that if nothing else, Giambac is entertaining...

SilverSamurai
05-19-2008, 07:48 PM

So was tim90. :D

giambac
05-19-2008, 08:24 PM
The Reds will beat both of these teams, today showed their is a pretty good difference in the quality between the USL and MLS.

Agreed .

giambac
05-19-2008, 08:35 PM

Isn't that what this forum is for . entertainment.

For the record, I am a STH, actualy I have 4 season tickets. I purchased my CC games and then sold them at cost to other fans on this site who wanted them so they could go watch these games for I don't care for.

I go to each game and support TFC.

My beef isn't with TFC or the MLS.

My beef is with these CC games. We already play enough matches and now they throw in another 4 games against crappy teams from a bullshit league. My concern is that the team risks injury to players playing these games and this could then affect our league matches.

The Conancaff tourny can and will be exciting but shit this is the qualifiers just to get in. I know you have to win to get in but from what I've seen Carver can use mostly reserve players with maybe 4 starters and they would win. Hopefully this is the approach he uses and he rests his palyers like Guevera and Robert for the LA game on May 31st.

RealG-TFC
05-19-2008, 08:46 PM
Isn't that what this forum is for . entertainment.

For the record, I am a STH, actualy I have 4 season tickets. I purchased my CC games and then sold them at cost to other fans on this site who wanted them so they could go watch these games for I don't care for.

I go to each game and support TFC.

My beef isn't with TFC or the MLS.

My beef is with these CC games. We already play enough matches and now they throw in another 4 games against crappy teams from a bullshit league. My concern is that the team risks injury to players playing these games and this could then affect our league matches.

The Conancaff tourny can and will be exciting but shit this is the qualifiers just to get in. I know you have to win to get in but from what I've seen Carver can use mostly reserve players with maybe 4 starters and they would win. Hopefully this is the approach he uses and he rests his palyers like Guevera and Robert for the LA game on May 31st.

Again, USL ain't bullshit. Remember that Toronto-Portland friendly? Where we lost like 4-1. And if there were relegation, TFC would be in USL this season and get this, Montreal would be in MLS. Oh yeah, the whitecaps, of this shit league beat the LA Galaxy.

Dirk Diggler
05-19-2008, 09:56 PM
Again, USL ain't bullshit. Remember that Toronto-Portland friendly? Where we lost like 4-1. And if there were relegation, TFC would be in USL this season and get this, Montreal would be in MLS. Oh yeah, the whitecaps, of this shit league beat the LA Galaxy.

Aside from the friendlies, MLS sides lost (in some cases got smoked) by USL sides last year in the US Open Cup. USL sides are no pushover. If Manchester United fans can watch games against Derby, we can watch games against Montreal.

Red CB Toronto
05-19-2008, 10:14 PM
Not only have USL-1 one teams have knocked off MLS sides but so have USL-2 teams and in one instance I know of a USASA team, Dallas Roma knocked off Chivas.

Oldtimer
05-20-2008, 07:33 AM
Remember that Rochester (USL) beat all of the MLS sides to win the US Open Cup one year, so winning is not guaranteed. Sure they are lower sides, but if I were in the UK, I would still watch my club's FA Cup games, and if I were in Italy, I'd watch my club playing for the Italian Cup (even if it is less important than the Scudetto). Besides, it's not just a bunch of friendlies, these are for a meaningful goal, so TFC needs our support.

Fort York Redcoat
05-20-2008, 07:48 AM
Wow, I just assumed you guys were watching the CC game. So this was a USL match? Because if you're watching USL friendlies...Either way, good on ya.( I gotta find out why my mac wouldn't stream...)

Giambic is spoiled with high quality calcio from the couch. It's alright I'm wishing his kid the best of luck with their soccer so he gets to see EVERY level of the game live.

TFC!
Academy!

SilverSamurai
05-20-2008, 08:56 AM
Wow, I just assumed you guys were watching the CC game. So this was a USL match? Because if you're watching USL friendlies...Either way, good on ya.( I gotta find out why my mac wouldn't stream...)

Giambic is spoiled with high quality calcio from the couch. It's alright I'm wishing his kid the best of luck with their soccer so he gets to see EVERY level of the game live.

TFC!
Academy!

I ended up booting in to XP to watch it. For some reason the quicktime codec wouldn't run it in either safari or firefox.

Pachuco
05-20-2008, 01:00 PM

I feel sorry when your pathetic ass is sitting at home with your boyfriend who's cheating on you and I'm at the stadium drinking, chanting and watching TFC score 5 goals:)

Boschmeister
05-20-2008, 02:28 PM
I know it was opening day and all but that grass looked really good! Even with the rain - the drainage seemed to be working well. Especially when you compare it to that disgraceful surface in Edmonton for the Whitecaps and Galaxy game last week. I think by looking at some pics of the stadium a lot of fans probably crammed into the area that is covered - which is where the cameras and press boxes are.

RealG-TFC
05-20-2008, 03:11 PM
http://stupendicorp.com/forumpost/bigsoccer/saputopan3_small.jpg

Boschmeister
05-20-2008, 05:44 PM
Who is FC Cage? I see in the right corner of the pic it says Terrasse de (field of) and say FC Cage?

Ossington Mental Youth
05-20-2008, 05:49 PM
shit, why did i think this was today.
I would have watched it.
fuck me.