PDA

View Full Version : Barrett demands more from self

johnmolinaro
09-09-2008, 12:59 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/story/2008/09/09/torontofc-barrett-newcomer.html

S_D
09-09-2008, 01:03 PM
"It's not an injury; it's just a sweating problem. I sweat a lot, pretty much all of the fluids out of my body, and that's why I cramp up so often," Barrett explained.
"I try to make sure I'm properly hydrated, and get as much salt and potassium as I can into my body before every game."

I knew it!!!

AS I said in that other thread...hook the guy up to an IV during half time.

flatpicker
09-09-2008, 01:04 PM
"I try to make sure I'm properly hydrated, and get as much salt and potassium as I can into my body before every game."

Someone should tell him about this amasing new product called Gatorade!

GhostPK
09-09-2008, 01:05 PM
I demand more from the rest of TFC. Barrett has done well, but its hard to win a game 1 vs 11

SLBuu
09-09-2008, 02:16 PM
^^ i hear where ur coming from but to be honest he should have at least about 5 goals for TFC after 6 games.........

i like him as a player and he does add a lot to this team but he has already missed some sitters for us. Look at the game vs Chivas in LA for example.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
09-09-2008, 02:27 PM
http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/9779/67354534mc9.png (http://www.imagehosting.com/)

bangersandmash
09-09-2008, 02:42 PM
^that's a great pick of Barrett and Cunningham.

SLBuu
09-09-2008, 02:48 PM
AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

brings a tear to my eye.

S_D
09-09-2008, 03:00 PM
^^ i hear where ur coming from but to be honest he should have at least about 5 goals for TFC after 6 games.........

i like him as a player and he does add a lot to this team but he has already missed some sitters for us. Look at the game vs Chivas in LA for example.

This is nothing new. Same complaint has been coming from Chicago fans for the last few seasons. One thing though is his goal scoring total has increased every season, so as long as the trend continues, in a couple of years he should be a good goal scorer for the team. He just needs a lot of shots to get them so as long as he gets some decent service he should do OK. He shouldn't though in my mind, be considered our main striker.

SLBuu
09-09-2008, 03:19 PM
^^ yeah i remember hearing the same complaints from the chicago supporters when the trade went down....

I personally think he's a good addition to TFC from what we've seen so far, i just wish he could put them away more consistently. It would definitely help us kill off games if he could just capitalize a little more.

nascarguy
09-09-2008, 03:20 PM
he was there 2nd best player for there team he had 5 goals this season before coming over here to tfc. He was the one player that I know would come over. Chicago fans are assholes for all the sport teams.

nascarguy
09-09-2008, 03:23 PM

that is only so much Gatorade you can drink before you have to take a piss.

I buy it by the case

Shaughno
09-09-2008, 03:35 PM

Powerade is better ;)

nascarguy
09-09-2008, 03:58 PM
Powerade is better ;)
Powerade is shit

Oldtimer
09-09-2008, 05:00 PM
As for coach Carver, Barrett appreciates the Englishman's personal approach.
"I really like him. He's a player's coach," Barrett said. "John really knows how to respond to each individual player — he just doesn't do a general overview, which is good. He likes to help players out by doing a lot of personal, one-on-one stuff with us."

Wow, judging by some of the posters here, I thought that Carver only knew how to set up cones and didn't know anything about coaching!

ilikemusic
09-09-2008, 05:22 PM
http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/9779/67354534mc9.png (http://www.imagehosting.com/)

^that's a great pick of Barrett and Cunningham.

:smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:

http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/images/sports/photos/2008/09/09/barrett-chad-306-cp080817.jpg

You couldnt find a better picture? :lol:

rocker
09-09-2008, 05:40 PM
Wow, judging by some of the posters here, I thought that Carver only knew how to set up cones and didn't know anything about coaching!

players coach eh...

if people believed the wisdom of the board, they'd think there was dissension (see Tyler Hemming) or that players dislike it when he calls them out publicly (see Cunningham, see Velez)!!

Shakes McQueen
09-09-2008, 06:01 PM
players coach eh...

if people believed the wisdom of the board, they'd think there was dissension (see Tyler Hemming) or that players dislike it when he calls them out publicly (see Cunningham, see Velez)!!

Cunningham and Velez both deserved it 100%. So who cares how THEY feel about it?

Don't want to get called out by your coach? Don't be an idiot on the pitch.

- Scott

Ron Manager
09-09-2008, 06:17 PM
I like Barrett and firmly believe he will continue to improve for us.
As for now, I don't mind a lower scoring rate so much. he draws enough attention to himself that he may just free up some space for others like Ruiz and Guevara to capitalize.

jloome
09-09-2008, 06:27 PM
He creates a lot of his own chances due to his acceleration, which is exceptional. If he can just learn to calm down and finish, he'll be very dangerous. He's still a young guy, after all.

rocker
09-09-2008, 07:00 PM
Cunningham and Velez both deserved it 100%. So who cares how THEY feel about it?

Don't want to get called out by your coach? Don't be an idiot on the pitch.

- Scott

yep.. I have no problem with that kind of thing. From Barrett's comments it sounds like Carver has very close relationships with his players. Even Cunningham mentioned that he was a straight up guy. It's not like Carver goes around in public slamming all the players... but when a guy goes against his game plan, he speaks his mind. That kind of pressure can work to push a guy.

one thing I noticed about Barrett is that when his scoring opportunities are limited, he can still make a nice pass. He's more involved in the overall team scheme than Cunningham, that's for sure!

jloome
09-09-2008, 07:16 PM
yep.. I have no problem with that kind of thing. From Barrett's comments it sounds like Carver has very close relationships with his players. Even Cunningham mentioned that he was a straight up guy. It's not like Carver goes around in public slamming all the players... but when a guy goes against his game plan, he speaks his mind. That kind of pressure can work to push a guy.

one thing I noticed about Barrett is that when his scoring opportunities are limited, he can still make a nice pass. He's more involved in the overall team scheme than Cunningham, that's for sure!

Yeah, the big upside to his game so far is that even in games where he flubs a couple of chances, he plays provider. If he can just consistently pocket even half of those near misses, that's an extra goal a game.

Daveisonfire
09-09-2008, 09:26 PM
You know what I just realized, and maybe it's because I haven't really been paying attention to Chicago...but I haven't heard a thing about McBride yet.

Kickit09
09-09-2008, 09:53 PM
am i the only one who thinks he kinda looks like popeye in that picture
http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/images/sports/photos/2008/09/09/barrett-chad-306-cp080817.jpghttp://www.cannabisculture.com/library/images/uploads/3568-popeye.jpg

jloome
09-10-2008, 12:48 AM
You know what I just realized, and maybe it's because I haven't really been paying attention to Chicago...but I haven't heard a thing about McBride yet.

He had a goal off a Blanco cross in his second game, but he's far from a dominating presence.

SLBuu
09-10-2008, 07:47 AM
he hit the cross bar the other game when the fire was well on their way to victory.